Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Geneva
Kane sheriff hopefuls address jail suicides Oct 14, 2014 12:11 AM
Kane County Sheriff candidates Don Kramer and Willie Mayes Sr. explain how they will work to prevent suicides at the jailhow they will combat the county's heroin problem. On Nov. 4, either Kramer, a Republican, or Mayes, a Democrat, will be elected because Pat Perez is not seeking another term.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
New look a big hit for Elburn’s Fishermen’s Inn Oct 11, 2014 7:26 PM
Dave Heun says the reopened and remodeled Fishermen's Inn in Elburn is a sight to behold.
Baker Memorial UMC hosts Wedding Vow Reaffirmation Ceremony Oct 10, 2014 7:22 PM
Baker Memorial United Methodist Church in St. Charles is celebrating its 60th anniversary in its current location this year. As part of the festivities, the church invites area couples to celebrate with it and participate in a Wedding Vow Reaffirmation Ceremony at 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the church, 307 Cedar Ave. All couples interested in renewing their commitments to one another are welcome to participate, and to bring their guests as well.
Egghead Halloween Costume Contest at Batavia library Oct 16, 2014 1:05 PM
Egghead, a bronze sculpture that sits upon a wall outside of the Batavia Public Library, is a favorite among patrons and employees alike.This fall the library is having an Egghead Halloween Costume Contest. Now through Oct. 30, library visitors can vote for their favorite costume.
VNA Health Care gets grant from American Cancer Society, NFL to fight breast cancer in Aurora Oct 9, 2014 7:11 PM
The National Football League’s A Crucial Catch Initiative has provided another year of funding to support increased access to breast cancer education and screening resources in underserved communities through the American Cancer Society. The grant will be used to support “A Crucial Catch Day — Your Day to Fight Breast Cancer” community health event on Saturday, Oct. 25, in Aurora, to provide free lifesaving breast cancer education and screening. Women are invited to come out to the free event and learn ways to reduce the risk of breast cancer and the importance of the early detection of breast cancer.
Join Geneva History Museum to learn about flavors Oct 9, 2014 12:02 PM
The Geneva History Museum will present “The Science Behind Flavors” at noon Tuesday, Oct. 14.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Taylor 2 Dance Company to peform at Fermilab Oct 8, 2014 2:36 PM
The Fermilab Arts and Lecture Series will present Paul Taylor’s Taylor 2 Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, in Ramsey Auditorium. The show is dedicated to longtime auditorium committee volunteer and former chairwoman Nancy Carrigan.
Renz Center to host “Epicurean Delight” fundraiser Oct 8, 2014 10:56 AM
In celebrating 53 years of community service, Renz Addiction Counseling Center is hosting its 7th Annual Epicurean Delight Fundraiser from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Max McGraw Wildlife. Community residents are invited to attend and enjoy such gourmet fare as almond crusted duck salad with blackberry dressing, smoked salmon, pheasant kabobs, sesame chicken and an assortment of vegetarian canapé among other appetizers and desserts by McGraw’s top culinary chef. Max McGraw Wildlife Foundation is located in West Dundee, and sits on 1,200 acres of picturesque hardwoods, prairies, lakes, and streams.
Kane County Sheriff hopefuls differ on first steps if elected Oct 8, 2014 6:54 PM
Both candidates for Kane County Sheriff have plenty of law enforcement experience, but differ on their first course of action if elected. Voters will chose between Democrat Willie Mayes Sr. and Republican Don Kramer to be the next sheriff on Nov. 4 as Pat Perez is not seeking a third term.
‘What’s in a Scarecrow?’ Find out at St. Charles festival Oct 8, 2014 1:01 AM
Autumn is here and with it one of the Fox Valley’s most popular events: the Scarecrow Festival in St. Charles. Depending on the weather, between 100,000 and 120,000 people are expected to attend the festival, according to Jason Pawlowski, marketing manager and festival liaison for the St. Charles Convention and Visitors Bureau.
New Ballet School in Wheaton Oct 7, 2014 4:50 PM
Owners Guillermo Leyva and Vilma Machin have designed four programs that include five levels of Ballet training. The Children’s program for instance starts with 2 years of age and can go until the child reaches 6 years old. The elementary program continues on with 7 to 10 years of age and includes 2 levels. Once a student wishes to commit to a more intense and demanding program they can enter the Youth which also has two levels or Pre-Professional program that has one level. A student will be placed in the program and level that is appropriate based on a complimentary class that he/she attends. Guillermo Leyva trained at the Professional school of Arts in Camaguey, Cuba. After he graduated Guillermo began dancing professionally at the Ballet de Camaguey under Fernando Alonso. He danced with this company for 11 years as a Principal dancer. Later he danced with The Ballet de Monterrey in Mexico, under the direction of Ann Marie D’ Angelo, Fernando Alonso, and Fernando Bujones. He also danced as a Principal dancer for the Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, Lexington Ballet, Lyric Opera of Chicago , and the Royal de Wallonie in Belgium. Vilma Machin was born in La Havana, Cuba. She started her training at the age of nine at the National Ballet School of Cuba. Vilma graduated in 2001 at the top of her class as both Dancer and Teacher. She then joined the National Ballet Company under the direction of Alicia Alonso where she then toured Europe, Asia, and Latin America. Later she traveled to the United States where she danced with the Miami Classical Ballet company as a soloist. After leaving the Miami Classical Ballet Company she joined the Alma Dance Company as a Principal dancer. As teachers, Guillermo and Vilma are committed to pass on their knowledge and experiences to new generations and provide young students with the opportunity to perform and to discover new ways to express their dreams through movement, and develop the artistic awareness of these young individuals. Come and join us in the next term which will begin October 27th. We have morning classes available besides the afternoon program. We are currently offering classes for home schooled students and /or college students available during the day that wish to take their ballet training to the next level. We encourage you to visit the training facility at 246 East Geneva Road in Wheaton. You can contact us by calling 630-580-9784, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. “Come and try a complimentary day of classes, says owner Vilma Machin.
Grown-ups can find treasure at Pirates of the Commons Oct 6, 2014 1:42 PM
As you’re scrambling to create Halloween costumes for your kids this year, don’t forget to put together one of your own. You’re going to need it for the second annual Algonquin Commons Pirates of the Commons Scavenger Hunt
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 6, 2014 1:01 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures feature Daily Herald staff photos of horses that need a new home, an Octoberfest celebration, and a couple of pumpkin farms, representing more than 20 area towns.
NIU Law offers new certificate in public interest law Oct 6, 2014 8:17 PM
Northern Illinois University College of Law is offering a new certificate program in public interest law to complement its four other certificate programs in business law, international law, criminal practice and civil advocacy. NIU Law students have a variety of community-focused public interest opportunities available to them to supplement the curriculum highlighted within the public interest certificate. The school opened the Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic in Rockford, Illinois in 2001 and added a juvenile program there in 2011.
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Walmart vs. the $1.2 million RV in Glen Ellyn
- Yunker's goal sends Batavia past Benet
- Elgin man charged with murder
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.