Articles filed under Football
Chicago Slaughter fighting for a possible playoff birthMay 30, 2013 12:00 AM
The Chicago Slaughter of the Indoor Football League are in a three-way race for the playoffs with only two games left in the season. Their last two games are both against the Green Bay Blizzard, the first at home and the second in Green Bay. The Slaughter hope to establish their run game and contain the Blizzard's barrage of trick plays.
Sheriff: No immediate cause of death for ex-QB May 29, 2013 12:00 AM
A cause of death was not determined Wednesday after an autopsy on the body of a Michigan man who played Division II football and was one of the most successful quarterbacks in college history.
Former college champ QB found dead in Michigan May 28, 2013 12:00 AM
One of the winningest quarterbacks in college football history was found dead in the woods of northern Michigan Tuesday night, days after disappearing while out fishing near his family’s cottage.
Kelly: 3 QBs will get chance to start for Irish May 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly says the suspension of starting quarterback Everett Golson for the fall semester means a three-man competition heading into practices in August.
Irish likely to turn to Rees with Golson suspended May 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Tommy Rees has been Notre Dame's go-to guy when the Fighting Irish get in a jam. And they're certainly in one now. Rees will likely become the quarterback Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly turns to now that Everett Golson is out for 2013.
Notre Dame: QB Golson no longer enrolled May 25, 2013 12:00 AM
A Notre Dame spokesman says quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at the school. Spokesman Dennis Brown says Golson, who led the Fighting Irish to an undefeated regular season and the national championship game in his first season as a starter during his sophomore season, was no longer enrolled in the school as of Friday. Brown says he couldn't comment on why because of federal privacy laws.
NYC lawsuit alleging Favre sent racy texts settled May 24, 2013 12:00 AM
A lawsuit filed by two massage therapists who sued retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre over claims he sent racy text messages has been settled, a lawyer for the women said Friday.
Bears to honor Ditka and retire No. 89 May 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Forty-seven years after he played his last game for the Bears as a Hall of Fame tight end, and 27 years after he coached the Chicago Bears to their only Super Bowl championship, the team will retire Mike Ditka's No. 89. As Bob LeGere points out, it's about time.
Spellman’s Scorecard: Things won’t be the same for Bears May 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Even on Memorial Day weekend, the Bears can still dominate the conversation, as the retirement of Brian Urlacher proved. But there's still much more to talk about and Spellman's Scorecard does just that this week.
Novoselsky ready for action, as designated May 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Stevenson's Zach Novoselsky is having a big impact as the baseball team's designated hitter this spring, but he may have a long-term future in football. His father, Brent Novoselsky, played tight end in the NFL for seven seasons.
Snap decision: Marchese will walk on at Maryland May 22, 2013 12:00 AM
A two-year starting offensive lineman for a perennial state qualifier at Stevenson, Joe Marchese has accepted an invitation to be a preferred walk-on at the University of Maryland, which will be joining the Big Ten in another year. The 6-3, 230-pounder won't play O-line, though. Rather, Marchese will long snap.
Elgin names Rohde new head football coach May 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Elgin High School hired 2002 graduate Kyle Rohde on Wednesday to be the 25th football coach in the program's 115-year history. Rohde, 29, has been a member of the Elgin staff since 2007. He spent the last three seasons as defensive coordinator under former coach Dave Bierman, who resigned last fall following a 1-8 season. Rohde was a long snapper and offensive lineman at Millikin University from 2002-2006.
For Reinsdorf and Urlacher, time is relative May 22, 2013 12:00 AM
This week Jerry Reinsdorf indicated that he wants to keep going for a couple more decades while Brian Urlacher retired from pro football. Boy, is it ever better to be the owner than the owned.
Urlacher announces NFL retirement with ‘no regrets’ May 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Brian Urlacher is retiring from the NFL after 13 seasons with the Chicago Bears, according to his official Twitter account. "Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards," Urlacher said in a statement he posted on Twitter. Bob LeGere looks back on Urlacher's career as his former teammates pay tribute to Urlacher's remarkable career.
Bears’ rookie vows to help tornado victims May 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Bears rookie punter Tress Way is a Tulsa native who played football at the University of Oklahoma, just a few miles from the town of Moore, where a deadly tornado touched down on Monday, killing at least two dozen people and destroying buildings in the community. Way plans to return to his home state over the Memorial Day Weekend to help with the recovery efforts.
Without Urlacher, Briggs ready for more responsbility May 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Seven-time Pro Bowl weak-side linebacker Lance Briggs has been an integral part of the Bears' defense for the past decade, but now, with Brian Urlacher gone, he's taking on more of a leadership role.
The 50th Super Bowl goes to San Francisco Bay Area May 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Streamwood names Orszula new football coach May 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Streamwood High School will see a new face on the football sidelines leading the Sabres this fall. The school has hired Mark Orszula as the new head football coach. Coach Orszula spent the past 5 years as head football coach at Westmont High School. Prior to Westmont, Orszula served as an assistant coach at the University of St. Francis, Lisle High School, and Naperville North High School. He played for the Northern Illinois Huskies as an offensive lineman from 1999-2004.
Te’o off-limits to media but not Maxim party May 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Manti Te'o is not talking to the media. After being spotted attending a party thrown by the magazine Maxim last week in Hollywood, Te'o was back in San Diego at the Chargers second open session of organized team activities on Monday. For the second straight week, the former Notre Dame linebacker was barred from speaking with reporters. Maxim confirmed that Te'o attended a party after the magazine included his fake girlfriend on its list of the world's 100 hottest women.
Super Bowl 50 site to be decided Tuesday May 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Where the Super Bowl will celebrate a half-century of existence will be decided this week by NFL owners. They have two choices for the 50th anniversary game in 2016: the San Francisco Bay Area and South Florida. A three-quarters majority of the 32 owners is required on the first ballot Tuesday. If neither city gets that, then a simple majority wins on the next ballot.
- Immigrants fear being forced out of Glen Ellyn homes
- Body found in Yorkville home after 8 months
- Schaumburg man puts his blades to work for the Hawks
- Why $25,000 in food on Batavia school charge cards?
- Bartlett toddler dies after fall into pool
- Lost Palatine Golden retriever back home
- Ex-chief pressured workers in Island lake, memo shows
- Barrington Hills teen charged in fatal crash
- Dawn Patrol: Palatine retriever found; Schaumburg armed robber sought
- One injured in rollover crash in Arlington Hts.
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouseman full time, M-F, forklift, benefits, Bensenville. 630-521-0970 (id:4343102) COOKS & DISHWASHERS - Cooks & Dishwashers needed exp. a plus, 35-38 hrs/wk Apply@Arrowhead Rest, 26W151 Butterfield Rd, Wheaton, IL or www.wheatonparkdistrict.com 630-653-5800 (id:4342823) FORKLIFT - Trabajo de Bodega y Forklift En Bolingbrook y Joliet Paramount Staffing (630) 771-7711 (id:4342635)
- MAINTENANCE - Hotel-Red Roof Inn seeks Main-tenance and Housekeeping per-sonal. Call Mirian (224)698-0211 email: email@example.com Address: 1113 Butterfield Rd. Dnrs Gr, IL 60515 Ph(630)963-4205 (id:4343177) QUALITY CONTROL ANALYST - Real Estate -Quality Control Analyst for Real Estate information company located in Carol Stream. Fax Resume to: 630-588-4896 (id:4343202) FT VET TECH - FT experienced vet tech needed at practice in Grayslake. Fax resume attn Nicole 847.223.4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4342822)
- OFFICE - 4342873 - Office -Candy wholesaler in Des Plaines needs person for computer, take orders & some warehouse work. Must be able to speak English and Spanish. Call 847-297-6800 (id:4342873) SERVICE PLUMBERS - 4343383 - PLUMBING -Service plumbers - commercial/residential Guaranteed 40+ hrs/week. Must have minimum 5 yrs exp. Top pay/benefits/commission. Call 847-459-7385 OR fax resume 847-459-7386 (id:4343383) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 (id:4343251)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com