Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Dining
Barrington Area TasteFest returns Oct. 23 Oct 10, 2014 6:09 PM
The Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 11th annual Great Barrington Area TasteFest from 5 p.m. To 8 p.m. on Oct. 23 at the Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates. The event will feature dozens of food and beverage vendors – including restaurants, wineries, breweries and distilleries – providing participants tastes from their menus.
Batavia Honey-Jam Cafe to reopen Oct 9, 2014 2:22 PM
The Portillo's Group is re-opening the Honey-Jam Cafe in Batavia, due to customer demand, a company spokesman said Thursday.
Night life events: $5 martini Mondays at Hopvine Oct 8, 2014 6:15 AM
It’s Monday martini madness at Hopvine Brewing Company in Aurora. A long list of martinis are all $5. Stop in for a pint at Rack House Kitchen and Tavern in Arlington Heights and then take it home on Tuesday night “Keep the Pint” nights from 6 to 9 p.m.
Walker's Charhouse serves classic favorites, modern chops Oct 8, 2014 12:11 PM
In these parts, steak joints pretty much are a dime a dozen. Mellower than most of its city brethren, Walker's Charhouse in Naperville delivers on beefiness with hand-cut Angus. As for its setting, expect something that's casual and Naperville-centric. To that end, there are town murals painted on the walls, no-frills booth and table seating and wood-paneled walls. Kind of a supper club-meets-Greek-restaurant.
New restaurant to open in Rosemont’s village hall Oct 8, 2014 4:31 PM
Ala Carte Entertainment officials already announced plans in August to open a Moretti’s at the west end of a strip mall on Higgins Road in Rosemont. On Wednesday, they revealed their latest venture: a new neighborhood restaurant/bar called Rosie’s Rivers Edge Tavern coming to the first floor of Rosemont’s village hall.
After mulling sale, Silver Stallion restaurant owner to stay put in Des Plaines Oct 6, 2014 8:34 PM
The Silver Stallion restaurant in Des Plaines is keeping its doors open, even though its owner toyed with the idea of selling to a seafood restaurant. “I got so many calls every day, ‘Why you leaving? Why you sell?’” said owner Gus Kalantzis. “The best place is in Des Plaines. Right now we’re doing nothing. We’re staying here for a while.”
Arlington Hts. chamber, restaurants back tax hike for Metropolis Oct 6, 2014 11:17 AM
Rather than see the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre go dark, the Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce board and some downtown restaurants are proposing a hike in the village's food and beverage tax to help the struggling theater.
Dining events: Wheeling’s Taste of Town offers a bounty Oct 3, 2014 6:00 AM
Enjoy the bounty of the harvest at Wheeling’s Taste of Town from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9. The evening includes food and drink tastings, live entertainment, raffles and chef demonstrations.
Enjoy moonshine and messy barbecue at Schaumburg's Old Crow Oct 3, 2014 6:07 AM
The owners of John Barleycorn shut down their massive Schaumburg location in June 2013, using the 22,000-square-foot venue for private events while they tried to sell the space. But instead of selling, the restaurant group wound up reopening the space as a second location of its Chicago concept Old Crow Smokehouse -- a great place for barbecue, cocktails and, on weekends, country music.
Wheeling ‘Taste of the Town’ Thursday Oct 5, 2014 4:24 PM
The Wheeling/Prospect Heights Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry is holding its annual Taste of the Town from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 9. More than 20 restaurants, wineries and breweries will be on-site offering samples of Asian, American, Italian, Korean, Mexican and other flavors, with a focus on healthy harvest fare.
Chicagoans line up for one last taste at Hot Doug’s Oct 2, 2014 11:08 AM
As Hot Doug’s prepares to close Friday, the line outside Doug Sohn’s “sausage superstore” has become as big a sensation as the stand itself. And nobody entertains the idea for even a second that this is the least bit crazy. So, who are these people? Well, just go down the line.
St. Charles’ Liu Brothers Asian Bistro a family affair Sep 30, 2014 5:45 AM
Unlike some restaurants, Liu Brothers Asian Bistro doesn’t make hungry customers hunt through menus that are unwieldy and often confusing. Rather, this sensible St. Charles eatery, open since early February, gets right down to business. Beijing-trained chef-owners Kevin and David Liu offer diners a focused bill of fare via a tidy, well-thought-out menu.
Old favorite Jimmy's in Naperville goes upscale in menu, style Sep 26, 2014 7:28 PM
Jimmy's Grill in downtown Naperville has changed for the better. In its new incarnation, Jimmy's emphasizes fresh quality fare and dozens of craft beers, many on tap from local breweries, plus it boasts large flat-screen TVs in the bar, dining rooms and on the patio, which on a recent Sunday were showing pro football games.
Auto show in Des Plaines to benefit Scouting program Sep 26, 2014 5:51 PM
The 2nd Annual Cool Cruisers & Hot Dogs Auto Show, a fundraiser for local Boy Scout programs, will be held Sunday in Des Plaines.
Dining events: Arrowhead celebrates Oktoberfest Sep 24, 2014 2:09 PM
Oktoberfest at Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton; LongHorn Steakhouse’s fall menu; Mac & Cheese Fest is coming to UIC Forum.
Gaetano's Batavia brings tasty Italian to the Tri-Cities Sep 24, 2014 6:08 AM
Gaetano's Batavia has been open for barely two months, yet it fits into the last-century brick storefront at Wilson and River streets like it's been offering authentic Italian fare there forever. The corner storefront is long and narrow; it's contemporary but with an Old-World feel. The smallish space is put to the best possible use and the food coming from chef Gaetano Di Benedetto's kitchen is lovely.
Video game-themed restaurant to open at Woodfield in January Sep 26, 2014 9:42 AM
A video game-themed restaurant and entertainment center is on track to open in January next to the Sears store at Schaumburg’s Woodfield Mall. Level 257 is a prototype concept by Namco Entertainment, Inc., the Wood Dale-based company affiliated with the makers of Pac-Man. “It’s the next level of entertainment,” a Namco executive said.
Tap House Grill celebrates new Palatine location Sep 23, 2014 4:38 PM
The owners of Tap House Grill will host a grand opening Wednesday night at their new Palatine location, the same building that once housed the Mia Cucina restaurant. Proceeds to benefit JOURNEYS of Palatine.
Dining events: Pinstripes hosts bocce tourney, wine dinner Sep 18, 2014 6:00 AM
Bocce fans rejoice in a weekend-long tournament at Oak Brook's Pinstripes featuring bocce lovers from all over the country. The weekend kicks off with a five-course wine dinner Saturday, Sept. 21. Qualifying rounds begin Saturday and championship rounds happen Sunday with a $15,000 first-place prize.
Mount Prospect McDonald's moving into old Baker's Square Sep 18, 2014 5:30 AM
McDonald's will move out of its restaurant on Rand Road in Mount Prospect and into a new location that is so close you could probably stretch a golden arch from one to the other.
- Hossa hits milestone where it all began
- Smothering boyfriend is driving her crazy
- Judge denies delay for Crystal Lake bleacher demolition
- Top 10 tips for a super successful garage sale
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Metra hiring 31 new coach cleaners
- Gagging can have many causes
- Police: Woman's caretaker racked $16,000 credit card bill
- Life after smartphones is robot cars for Panasonic
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.