Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Deerfield
RPM Advertising celebrates 20th anniversary at Chicago Cultural Center Sep 23, 2014 4:15 PM
It was a grand affair on Thursday evening,August 21, in Preston Bradley Hall at the Chicago Cultural Center, for close to 400 people who attended RPM Advertising’s 20th anniversary celebration. And most guests “dressed to impress” as the tongue in cheek request suggested on the invitation. The cocktails flowed, whimsical hors d’oeuvres were passed and music by the popular Freddy Jones Band, a native Chicago group that has found international fame, rocked on until 11 p.m.
CF Industries, Yara in talks on possible merger Sep 23, 2014 9:34 AM
Deerfield-based CF Industries is in preliminary talks with Norway’s Yara International about a possible merger that would create a mammoth player in the fertilizer industry. The combined company would have a market capitalization of more than $26 billion, second only to Potash Corp. of Canada. However, it would have annual sales of about $20 billion, almost three times that of Potash.
Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM
Chicago Family Fun Expo is coming to the DuPage Expo in St. Charles Oct 18-19. The primary goal of the Chicago Family Fun Expo is to assist nonprofits through the promotion of hands-on activities and fun shows and seminars throughout the weekend.
Lincolnshire cops, firefighters team to help girl’s leukemia fight Sep 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Lincolnshire’s police officers and firefighters will trade their guns and hoses for spatulas and tongs this weekend to help a Lake County girl fighting cancer. And you’re invited to grab a plate and chip in a few bucks, too.
‘All My Relations: A Seneca History’ Opens Sept. 27 Sep 19, 2014 3:04 PM
The Mitchell Museum is pleased to announce its latest exhibit opening, “All My Relations: A Seneca History” in collaboration with visual artist and dancer Rosy Simas (Seneca). The exhibit will introduce the history of the Seneca culture through milestones in the lives of Ms. Simas and her relations.
National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters” Sep 19, 2014 9:51 PM
National Farm Safety and Health Week will be observed Sept. 21-27, 2014. "Safety Counts - Protecting What Matters" is this year's theme, and the week focuses on promoting awareness of safe farm practices, to everyone involved in agriculture and to the general public.
Judge Tristano Addresses September NARFE Gathering Sep 18, 2014 7:19 AM
Judge Tristano provided and overview of the Circuit Court of Cook County and stressed the importance of completing the judicial retention ballot in the November election.
Mondelez named to Dow Jones Sustainability Index Sep 18, 2014 10:18 AM
Mondelez International has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the tenth year in a row on the North America index and for the ninth year running on the World index.
Horizon stockholders approve Vidara acquisition Sep 18, 2014 10:18 AM
Deerfield-basedHorizon Pharma stockholders approved the company’s acquisition of Vidara Therapeutics, opening the company to move its headquarters to Ireland.
St. Peter School Schaumburg to Host Its First Annual 5k Run/Walk October 18 Sep 17, 2014 10:28 AM
St. Peter Lutheran School in Schaumburg to host its first annual 5k Run/Walk on Saturday, October 18 The Roger Kirsch 5k Honor Run/Walk to Honor Principal’s 40 Plus Years of Dedicated Service
TMA Co-Hosts Taiwan Manufacturers at Networking Event Sep 16, 2014 7:15 AM
The Technology & Manufacturing Association of Illinois recently co-hosted a dinner for more than 40 Taiwan manufacturing executives. The Taiwanese were in Chicago for the International Manufacturing Technology Show.
Halloween Favorites Return to the Chicago Botanic Garden Sep 16, 2014 3:27 PM
Three family favorites—Spooky Pooch Parade, HallowFest, and Trains, Tricks & Treats—will bring mischief and magic back to the Chicago Botanic Garden this Halloween season.
Step Family Day raises awareness for blended families Sep 15, 2014 11:29 AM
One in three Americans is now a stepparent, a stepchild, a step sibling, or member of a blended family. That’s a big change from the ‘Leave it to Beaver’ days. The fact is; the traditional nuclear family (families where both parents are married and live together) is on the decline, from 45 percent of households in 1960 to 23 percent this year. Sept. 16 is National Step Family Day, which raises awareness for this growing demographic of families.
D214 Community Education Travel Talks! Set for Sept. 16 Sep 15, 2014 7:36 AM
For three hours on Tuesday, September 16, District 214 Community Education Travel staff will unveil its travel schedule for the rest of 2014 and 2015.
Oct. 9: Slam poetry performances at CLC by Ken Arkind and Marty McConnell Sep 15, 2014 1:53 PM
A performance by nationally known slam poets Ken Arkind and Marty McConnell will be presented at 7 p.m. on Oct. 9 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) at the College of Lake County Grayslake campus,
CLC student literary magazine wins first place award; four contributors win individual awards Sep 15, 2014 1:54 PM
The 2013-14 edition of Prairie Voices, the College of Lake County’s student literary arts magazine, has won first place in the central division of the Community College Humanities Association 2014 Literary Magazine Competition. In addition, four students won individual awards.
Illinois Small Business Development Center Network celebrates 30 years Sep 15, 2014 1:54 PM
Illinois Small Business Development Centers, which have been providing business assistance to new and existing businesses throughout the state of Illinois since 1984, are recognizing the milestone with the theme, “Celebrating 30 Years of Small Business Success.”
Epic Healthy Living Education Center Youth Art Contest Sep 15, 2014 2:00 PM
Epic Healthy Living Education Center hosted several education and entertainment events for the northern suburb communities.
State of Illinois Proclaims September 14 - 20 Illinis Rail Safety Week Sep 15, 2014 4:40 PM
State of Illinois Proclaims September 14 - 20 Illinois Rail Safety Week
Addison meat company founder to focus on millenials Sep 15, 2014 5:01 AM
Kukec's People features Monika Rose Walas, founder and president of Mistica Foods in Addison, who has some new ideas for the meat processing industry.
- Missing Glen Ellyn woman found safe at restaurant
- Police: Theology student solicited teen for sex online
- Niles man killed in motorcycle crash by Oakton College
- Rozner: Gutsy Bears hang on for win, jump atop North
- Ex-church youth worship leader pleads guilty to sex abuse
- Palatine man charged with public indecency
- Metra report reveals views of patronage allegations
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra considering Naperville for a summer home
- Well-traveled Missavage returns to St. Viator
- Bears win: Take Jets' gifts, launch offense, hold 'em off
- Forecasters: This winter won't be as bad as last year
- Elgin man flees police, crashes into car, pole
- Police: Palatine woman held burglar at gunpoint
- Woman injured after being pinned in car near West Dundee
- Police: Theology student solicited teen for sex online
- Rozner: NHL's next commish could be from Chicago
- Bishop Blase Cupich to lead Archdiocese of Chicago
- Police search for missing autistic woman
- Craig Ferguson plays it loose with new game show
- Dawn Patrol: Hypothermia killed man; woman with autism missing
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR Tuesday, 9/23, 9a-4p ASIG O'Hare jobs. FT & PT & Seasonal openings. Valid Driver's license req'd. Immediate interviews. Tues., 9/23, 9a-4p. Westin-O'Hare Airport -6100 N. River Rd. Apply prior to job fair at: www.asig.com/employment EOE M/F/Disability/Vet (id:4386454) PHONE WORK - Telephone Work from your W / NW suburban home for AMVETS 6-8 flex hrs per wk good pay . Call Linda at 847-251-8374 Mon-Fri between 9am -Noon (id:4386136) OFFICE ADMINISTRATION - Office Administration: Wheeling, Illinois Office Products Manufacturer seeks a professional, motivated, very organized self-starter. Great phone & PC skills with Quickbooks, Excel & Word preferred. Salary dependent upon experience. Full time w/benefits. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386362)
- DRIVER - BUS DRIVER -P/T School term. Must be 21 yrs of age w/good driving rec'd. Illinois CDL lic. w/P & S Endorse. req. Apply online: www.fenton100.org Fenton H.S. EOE/MF (id:4385906) PRESSMAN/BINDERY - PRESS/Bind. Lk Zurich prntr FT open Prsmen-Heid Spdmster-5/C press Bind Oper-MBO flder/cutter Email resume: email@example.com (id:4386569) WAREHOUSE/SHIPPING FOREMAN - Warehouse/Shipping Foreman Growing NW Chicago co. seeks a motivated self-starter with exp. in inventory management and shipping. Must possess prior warehouse management skills and be capable of lifting at least 50 lbs. Purchasing knowledge a plus. Salary dependent upon experience. Full time with benefits. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386484)
- HEALTH CARE - Hospira, Inc. seeks Medical Director, Specialty Pharmaceutical Clinical Development in Lake Forest, IL. Responsible for utilizng exp leadng multidiscplnry clinicl or medicl teams & servng as principl investigatr overseeng or conductng pharmaceut'l clinicl trial progrms to supervse overall pharmaceut'l drug dvlpmnt clinicl trial expans'n progrm. 40 hrs/wk. Apprx 20% travel. Requires MD, 5 yrs practicl clinicl work exp in criticl care or internl med. Interested applicants: send resume to: email@example.com, reference: REQ#: IL0003. (id:4384816) ACCOUNTING - Accounting Tighe, Kress & Orr, PC (847-695-2700)located in Elgin, IL is looking for staff or senior accountant to perform audits; perform Single Audits (A-133); perform for-profit GOA. Bachelor degree required. If interested, please send resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386037) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4385292)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.