Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Carpentersville
Images: Photo Contest Finalists Nov 21, 2014 10:12 AM
Each week, you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of November 17.
Billy Flynn hosts blues party and open jam Nov. 26 Nov 21, 2014 10:40 PM
Blues icon Billy Flynn with an All Star band offers a taste of the authentic Chicago blues at “Crystal Lake’s Real Chicago Blues Party and Open Jam” at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 26 in the Listening Room, located within Lakeside Legacy Arts Park at 401 Country Club Road, Crystal Lake.
Stitches & Woodchips to host 13th annual Holiday & Primitive Craft Sale Nov 21, 2014 11:14 PM
Stitches & Woodchips will hold its 13th annual Holiday & Primitive Craft Sale from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28 to Sunday, Nov. 30, at 1024 Duncan Ave. in Elgin. They specialize in quality primitive and homespun items for the home as well as unique handmade gifts. See handmade quilted items and wool designs, ornaments, shelving and more.
Songwriter Michael McDermott to perform Dec. 13 in the Listening Room Nov 21, 2014 11:41 PM
On Saturday, Dec. 13, singer songwriter Michael McDermott will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake. Hailed as one of the finest songwriters in the country, Michael McDermott started performing in Chicago coffeehouses in the early 1990s, incorporating elements of Irish music into an American folk rock sound.
Self-published authors can enter Soon to Be Famous Illinois Author contest Nov 20, 2014 9:02 PM
Illinois authors who have self-published an adult fiction book may enter the second year of the Soon to be Famous Illinois Author project until Monday, Dec. 15. The Soon to be Famous Illinois Author project is being coordinated in collaboration with the Illinois Library Association and Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) and is supported by the American Library Association Digital Content Working Group, the Public Library Association (PLA), Illinois Heartland Library System.
Sign up for Bison Feeding at Lords Park Zoo Nov 21, 2014 1:23 PM
After the last Thanksgiving turkey has been eaten, consider landing a hand to the zookeepers at the Lords Park Zoo at 7 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 29. Children and adults will have the chance to participate in the morning feeding of the zoo's year-round residents: the deer, elk and bison.
4-H kids join ‘Hands On, Minds On’ day of science Nov 20, 2014 3:21 PM
On Nov. 8, 35 youth from DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties took part in “Hands On, Minds On: Science with 4-H” at the Oswego Public Library branch in Montgomery. Designed for youth in second through seventh grade, this “Hands On, Minds On” event focused both on aerospace and healthy living. The youth took part in fun, age-appropriate, research-based activities with trained staff and volunteers.
Families in need benefit from 8th Fair Trade Sale Nov 20, 2014 4:36 PM
St. Catherine of Siena Church in West Dundee will hold its eighth annual Catholic Relief Services Fair Trade Sale, offering Christmas gift items from developing nations. Proceeds will benefit local individuals and families in the community who are in most need.
Elgin Public Museum hosts “Touching on Traditions” Nov 20, 2014 8:26 PM
People from around the world who have made their homes in the Elgin area have brought with them a variety of beliefs and traditions. This variety has given the Elgin community a rich diversity which is now part of our cultural heritage. Start a meaningful winter holiday tradition with your family by visiting the Elgin Public Museum’s “Touching on Traditions,” an authentic and culturally inclusive winter holiday exhibition. It features displays and objects of traditional holiday significance from 18 displays.
Sedgebrook Woodworker Brings New Life to Old Finds Nov 21, 2014 5:59 PM
Don Hollenbeck is disturbed by “move-in-ready” home makeover TV shows. “I can’t understand how people can just come into a place with things that someone else has picked out and set up for them,” said the woodworker and resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire.
State police finish investigation into Carpentersville death Nov 19, 2014 6:16 PM
The Illinois State Police Public Integrity Task Force has completed its three-month investigation into the death of a 31-year-old Carpentersville man who died after a traffic stop and scuffle with police in mid-August. The report has been submitted to the Kane County State's Attorney who will ultimately determine if a criminal act led to Joshua Paul's death. A coroner's report released Monday listed the manner of Paul's death as "undetermined," but the cause was internal bleeding from a lacerated vein in his liver.
Honor Flight a High Point For Woman Veteran at Sedgebrook Nov 19, 2014 4:00 PM
By 1945, at the end of WWII, less than three percent of American military personnel were women. Barbara “Bobbie” Merritt was one of them. A resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire, Bobbie achieved the rank of Chief Petty Officer inthe Navy WAVES (Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service), serving in Arlington, Virginia.
Help serve the community this Christmas Nov 18, 2014 2:29 PM
The Humanitarian Service Project of DuPage County is calling for donations of new toys and nonperishable food to support underprivileged children and families through its annual Christmas Offering. It has been putting gifts under the tree for local children in need since 1979. This year, it is projected to serve 350 families with nutritious groceries as well as provide 1600 children and 125 seniors with Christmas gifts.
CTE presents musical version of ‘The Sword in the Stone’ Nov 18, 2014 2:13 PM
Modern music will breathe new life into the legends of King Arthur and Camelot this weekend, when Children’s Theatre of Elgin stages “The Sword in the Stone.” Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Nov. 21-22, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, at the Hemmens, 45 Symphony Way, Elgin. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park celebrates “Christmas at the Dole” Nov 18, 2014 3:19 PM
The Dole Mansion and Lakeside Legacy Arts Park will be filled with holiday spirit, music and cheer on Friday, Dec. 5, kicking off the annual “Christmas at the Dole” celebration at 5 p.m.
Jingle All the Way at Santa Hustle 5K: Comin’ to Town Saturday, Dec. 6th Nov 17, 2014 4:05 PM
Join in on the jolly fun at the 6th annual Santa Hustle 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, December 6th starting at Chicago’s iconic Soldier Field. Race participants will be suited up with a Santa hat and beard-compliments of event producer Adrenaline Sports Management-along with a newly designed dri-fit Santa sweatshirt to boot!
Report: Internal bleeding killed Carpentersville man after arrest Nov 18, 2014 6:00 PM
Kane County Coroner Rob Russell said the death of 31-year-old Joshua Paul was caused by a lacerated portal vein in Paul's liver "complicated by cirrhosis due to chronic alcoholism." Paul died a few hours after a traffic stop and scuffle with two Carpentersville police, according to Russell's report. The manner of Paul's death is listed as "undetermined" because Illinois State Police have yet to conclude their investigation.
Lighting of healing courtyard at Sherman Hospital kicks off holiday season Nov 17, 2014 7:07 PM
The Advocate Charitable Foundation at Advocate Sherman Hospital kicks off the holiday season Dec. 1 with the annual lighting of the Hoffer Healing Courtyard. This year’s ceremony is in memory of Dr. William T. Sheehy, a urologist on staff at Sherman Hospital who passed away in November of last year at the age of 75.
Sun City Train Club hosts holiday display Nov 17, 2014 6:53 PM
The Model Railroad Club of Sun City Huntley will be running model trains this holiday season, starting Saturday, Nov. 22, through Dec. 28. Each year, the club raffles off three model train sets. This year’s raffle is a Canadian Pacific Passenger Train set that includes engine, cars, track and a transformer.
“It’s a Wonderful Life” returns to Elgin Nov 17, 2014 9:21 PM
The Elgin Theatre Company presents the radio play of holiday classic “It’s a Wonderful Life” at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21 and Saturday, Nov. 22, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, in the Kimball Street Theater at Elgin Academy’s Rider Center.
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell' in 2016
- More than 30 horses killed in barn fire
- Snow, gusty winds expected to hit region Monday
- Anger over bag fee, legroom cut surprises JetBlue
- Google's moonshot that missed: Google Glass
- Wheaton doctors work to spread positive message about house calls
- Former Zion man pleads not guilty to 2005 murders
- Kmart employees push back on Thanksgiving hours
- Former Barrington man gets 23 years in 2011 Schaumburg robbery
- Des Plaines police dog helps recover drug money
- Surprise reunion for Lake Park dean after motorcycle accident
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Football: Illinois Football Coaches Association all-state teams
- Football: Scouting Stevenson at Glenbard West
- Football: Scouting Cary-Grove at Libertyville
- Rozner: Bears' treatment of Lynch makes more sense now
- 'So close' goes Stevenson's way
- Palatine boosters support family of runner hit by car
- How YouTube is threatening Spotify
- Judge: Illinois pension overhaul unconstitutional
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- JOB FAIR - McKesson Job Fair Fri, November 21 9am-4pm at Courtyard Hotel 505 Milwaukee Ave Lincolnshire, IL. Looking for candidates with strong physician-based medical accounts receivable/medical billing experience. (id:4390986) CONSTRUCTION - Construction Superintendent -for Heavy & Highway road builder in NW suburbs. See our website at www.plote.com for job details. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V (id:4391940) UNARMED SECURITY OFFICERS - Security for large corporate financial services location in Riverwoods, IL. Positions starting at $12-hr. Apply online: whelansecurity.com (id:4391943)
- INSIDE SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE - In Elgin, seeking responsible candidates for:Inside sales, customer service, entering-processing orders, making and receiving calls, general office work.send your resume to email@example.com or fax 847-289-1764 General office experience required (id:4390421) DRIVER - Distribution Techs Starting Sal -$22,900 FT, must be able to lift 70 lbs., 1st shift -NO weekends!! Drug Screen, MVR chk & Criminal Background Check. NW sub. Advancement opportunities. Health Insurance available. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391263) HEALTHCARE - NURSE ASSISTANTS - Nurse Assistant NSSEO, a pub. sch. spec. ed. dist. is seeking qualified applicants for full-time nurse assistant position located in A.H. at Riley School. RN licensure required. $25.21/hr, school calendar, full benefits. Apply online at www.nsseo.org EOE (id:4391748)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.