Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Burlington
Art Talks at 16th annual St. Charles Fine Art Show May 22, 2014 6:06 PM
The Downtown St. Charles Partnership presents the 16th annual St. Charles Fine Art Show on Memorial Day Weekend. Art Talks will take place in the participating artist booth which will allow artists to talk about the inspiration and process of their work while sharing multiple pieces.
Burlington Open Air Market to start in June May 21, 2014 8:01 PM
The Burlington Business Council is putting together an Open Air Market for the second Saturday of each month, starting June 14.
Artists Share Inspirations for (Bi)Cycle of Life Public Art Display May 21, 2014 4:44 PM
Artists Share Inspirations for (Bi)Cycle of Life Public Art Display
Gov. Quinn to speak at Saturday’s NIU Law commencement May 20, 2014 6:48 PM
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn will speak at the NIU Law School commencement at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 24, as 99 students will receive their degrees at the NIU Convocation Center ceremony in DeKalb.
West Chicago Police Department Committed to Road Safety Education May 17, 2014 1:01 AM
West Chicago Police Department Committed to Road Safety Education
Culver’s to support Honor Flight Network with Day of Giving May 20 May 16, 2014 2:25 PM
As Memorial Day celebrations take place across the area later this month, the owners of more than 65 Chicago area and Northwest Indiana Culver’s restaurants will host a “Day of Giving” on Tuesday, May 20, and donate 10 percent of sales to Honor Flight organizations in Chicago, Lake County and McHenry County.
Fine Line Arts Festival: first ever aluminum pour and more! May 15, 2014 5:14 PM
The Fine Line Arts Festival kicks off with opening night on Friday, June 6, with dinner, live music by "Fight With Monsters," and Fine Line's first-ever aluminum pour! The festival (formerly known as Raku Day) has something for everyone. Come on Saturday June 7, from 9 am – 3 pm, and enjoy hands-on explorations of raku, copper etching, wet felting, art demos, live music, lunch, and more.
Ayusa kicks off search for American families to host exchange students May 15, 2014 9:16 PM
Ayusa International is currently seeking volunteer U.S. host families in Illinois interested in hosting a foreign exchange student for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year.
Grand Victoria Foundation honors Jack Shales with $25,000 gift to United Way of Elgin May 13, 2014 3:46 PM
To honor the 60 years of volunteer service that Jack Shales has given to United Way of Elgin, the Grand Victoria Foundation has made a $25,000 contribution to the 2013-14 campaign, for which Jack was the honorary co-chair.
Become a 4-H Citizen Scientist, help improve the local environment May 13, 2014 3:47 PM
The 4-H Citizen Scientist program provides junior and senior high youth opportunities to extend learning beyond current 4-H project work into the world of hands-on research. The next Citizen Scientist trainings closest to area residents will be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 17 at College of Lake County in Grayslake; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 31 at Severson Dells Nature Center in Rockford.
Blooming Fest to Combine Petals and Pedals May 12, 2014 5:14 PM
14th Annual Downtown Garden Festival Features Plant Sale and Bicycle Activities Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 9:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m.
Artist Seeks Collections of All Sorts for Photographic Exhibit May 12, 2014 5:04 PM
Danish Artist Marlene Klok Invites Community Participation
Calling all (Summer Day) Campers May 12, 2014 3:43 PM
With approximately one month to go before Summer Day Camps get rolling, Deerfield Park District is spreading the word about which camps still have openings for participants.
CULVER’S TO SUPPORT HONOR FLIGHT NETWORK WITH DAY OF GIVING MAY 20 May 12, 2014 8:05 PM
As Memorial Day celebrations will take place across the area later this month, the owners of more than 65 Chicago area and Northwest Indiana Culver’s restaurants will host a “Day of Giving” on Tuesday, May 20, and donate 10 percent of sales to Honor Flight organizations in Chicago, Lake County and McHenry County.
Sign up now for 45th annual Swedish Days Ride May 9, 2014 9:55 PM
Fox Valley Bicycle and Ski Club expects over 700 riders at the 45th annual Swedish Days Ride, a premier biking event in Northern Illinois. This event will take place on scenic country roads west of Geneva and St. Charles, across the entire length of Kane County.
‘Run for the Lights’ 10K to light up S. Elgin High stadium May 12, 2014 3:28 PM
The South Elgin High School Booster Club is sponsoring the inaugural "Run for the Lights" 10K, 5K, 2x5 relay, and family fun walk on Saturday, June 14, in South Elgin.
ECU to perform ‘Beethoven & Mozart: Music of the Masters’ May 7, 2014 7:14 PM
Explore works by two beloved composers, Mozart's Salzburg masterpiece the "Coronation Mass," Beethoven's incidential music theater piece "King Stephen," and other works of the classical period at the Elgin Choral Union's "Beethoven & Mozart: Music of the Masters" concert at 8 p.m. Friday, May 9.
Little Angels residents benefit from annual Pledge Run May 5, 2014 1:55 PM
As their engines rev and the heroes take off on their motorcycles, the children they are raising money for will be standing on route cheering them on this month. And seeing those faces, hearing those cheers, helps drive the hundreds upon hundreds of motorcycle riders who participate in the annual Little Angels Pledge Run each year.
Kane County Fair Talent Contest auditions preliminary round May 5, 2014 3:53 PM
Talented children and adults up to age 21 from Kane County are invited to participate in the Kane County Fair Annual Talent Contest's preliminary first round on June 14.
World Class Basketball are 2014 state champions May 1, 2014 7:54 PM
World Class Basketball's 16U National Team won the AAU Illinois State Tournament in Lake Zurich over the April 12-13 weekend.
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- Seven charged in Naperville drug bust
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Tears, hugs over Grandma Sally's in Naperville
- Thibodeau waxes eloquent on all things Bulls
- Gasol, Mirotic ready to run with the Bulls
- Island Lake scrutinizing police promotions
- 3 Clearbrook staffers hurt in rollover bus crash
- Trade which Blackhawk to get under cap? GM's patient
- 8 things to do while it's 80 degrees and perfect
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Delle Donne shares her struggles with Lyme disease
- 20-year-old killed in Pingree Grove crash
- Elgin man identified as crash victim
- Auto tech praised for rescuing biker in W. Dundee
- Manhunt over: Elgin Mental Health escapee caught
- COD, residents, faculty spar over spending, Breuder
- How Elgin cabbie helped end manhunt for escapee
- 'I prepared myself to die.' Survivors recall Flight 232 crash
- GOP may need more cash to win back legislative seats
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers Local City Drivers Home Daily! Competitive Compensation! Excellent benefits! Class A CDL, 2 yrs experience req. Knowledge of Chicago 6 County area (Interstate system/Truck Routes). The Custom Companies Inc., 317 W. Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4379907) RESEARCH RN - Neurology Office/Research RN Join our close team of experienced staff in a busy, well established Neurology practice. Full time positions in clinical care/research, IV experience desirable. Excellent benefits for long term candidates. Fax resume to (847) 770-6227 or email to email@example.com (id:4379695) FOODANDBEVERAGE OPERATIONS MANAGER - The Village of Glendale Heights seeks an energetic, experienced professional for the position of Food and Beverage Operations Manager for our public golf course. Glendale Lakes Golf Club is an 18-hole public golf course owned and operated by the Village of Glendale Heights. Centrally located between the north and south suburbs of Chicago and just 3 miles west of I-355, this Dick Nugent designed golf course challenges golfers of all skill levels. Glendale Lakes Golf Club also has a beautiful banquet facility that accommodates groups up to 250 people and hosts wedding receptions, golf outings, business meetings and other social events. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager works under the direct supervision of the Director of Golf Course Operations, and directly supervises waitstaff, bartenders, cooks, dishwashers, banquet coordinators, food and beverage clerks and other golf staff, as assigned. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager performs a variety of administrative, supervisory and professional duties in the Food and Beverage Division of the Glendale Lakes Golf Club. This position is responsible for all aspects of food ordering, handling and preparation at the Glendale Lakes Golf Club; controls costs of all food and beverage outlets by overseeing all purchasing of food, beverages, supplies and equipment; and estimating product and personnel levels. The Food and Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for managing all food and beverage staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, evaluating, supervising performance and carrying out disciplinary action, as needed. This position is responsible for ensuring a pleasant dining experience, and overseeing the creation of menus and menu pricing; maintaining customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and-or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business. The successful candidate will possess: and middot; 5 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required; and middot; 2 years of experience of personnel management, preferably in golf-hospitality-service industry required; and middot; Trade-vocational-degree in culinary or related field preferred; and middot; Experience in resolving customer issues-complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required; and middot; Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and middot; Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills; and middot; Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment; and middot; Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment; and middot; Bi-lingual-Spanish speaking a plus; and middot; An Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate and a valid Illinois State driver's license or ability to obtain one within three months from date of employment. Compensation and Benefits The salary range is $44,325 -$63,544, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Village of Glendale Heights offers a generous health and dental benefits package to full-time employees. To learn more about Glendale Lakes Golf Club, visit http:www.glendalelakes.com-How to Apply Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references and a Village of Glendale Heights application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attn: HR Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, IL 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background check. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15-mile radius of the Village. Posted 6-27-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. (id:4378622)
- SALES - HIGH VOLUME CONSTRUCTION CO IS NOW HIRING SALES PROF@60K TO START WITH RESIDUALS. OUR STRONG SYSTEM AND STRONG MANAGEMENT ASSURE SIX FIGURE INCOMES BY 2ND YEAR. WE ARE LOOKING FOR AMBITIOUS SALES REPS TO START IMMEDIATLEY. 847-540-7711 (id:4380286) ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following position available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK/FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidate will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individual must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4377717) CDL A DRIVER - Drivers CLASS A CDL OPEN HOUSES Monday, July 14th, 2 pm -8 pm Tuesday July 15th, 7 am -11 am Hilton Garden Inn 551 North Swift Road Addison, Illinois 60101 We're Looking For Experienced Drivers! BLACK HORSE CARRIERS is operating in the Elk Grove Village, Cicero, and Naperville areas and has just signed new business. We are looking for Class A CDL drivers. Avg 63k up to 70k per year. HOME DAILY, MON-FRI WORK WEEK, Night start times. Dedicated routes, Drivers will handle freight, Unattended Delivery. These are full time positions with full Benefits, 401K and paid vacation. If you have 3 yrs. Exp., Hazmat Endorsement or willing to obtain and a clean MVR, please join us at our open houses. Call (708) 374 7589 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org WITH CODE "ELK GROVE" if you can't attend. EOE. Drug Testing is a condition of employment. (id:4379681)
- HEALTH CARE - Our established office near Rockford / Belvidere area is seeking a full time or part time Dental Receptionist/ Dental Front Desk Person. Former customer service experience and computer skills preferred, bilingual Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salary, paid Holidays, paid vacation, X-mas bonus and there is a potential for cash bonus. We can train you if you are a self starter, highly motived, fast learner with an out-going personality. E-mail your resume to: Onesmiledentalpc@yahoo.com. "One smile at a time!" (id:4379531) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4379906) WAREHOUSE/PARTS ROOM - We are looking for someone who is willing to drive a fork-lift to load-unload trucks in the warehouse. Must be able to lift and-or move heavy equipment when necessary. Other job requirements will be maintaining organization of the parts room, as well as handling deliveries of UPS in the warehouse. This job can be full-time or part-time depending on hour availability. Please call 847-545-1918 for more information. (id:4378219)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.