Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Buffalo Grove
Time for a change in Springfield Oct 31, 2014 5:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: Voters should ask whether they are happy with Illinois and our leaders. If pleased, then they should vote for the status quo and re-elect incumbents giving Speaker Michael Madigan supermajority control once again. Under one party — Democratic control the past decade — Illinois has the worst credit rating,
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Joey’s Angels Eclipses $2 Million Mark in Search for a Cure Oct 31, 2014 7:16 AM
Help Spring Valley prepare for winter
Stolman has demonstrated skills to be treasurer Oct 31, 2014 1:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: Election Day is right around the corner, and early voting has already begun. One of the choices facing Lake County voters is the selection of a new Lake County treasurer. My friend David Stolman is a candidate for that position. David has a long history of exemplary service to our community in a variety of capacities.
Buffalo Grove firefighters hand out Halloween treats Oct 31, 2014 5:01 PM
For the eighth year, members of the Buffalo Grove Fire Department passed out bags with trick-or-treat goodies on Halloween. Fire trucks toured neighborhoods, with firefighters passing out about 1,000 bags while keeping an extra eye on children. Five contained a “Golden Ticket,” good for a special ride to school on a fire truck.
Where school scores soared in Lake County Oct 31, 2014 5:30 AM
Students at Pritchett Elementary School in Buffalo Grove scored significantly better on the state’s most recent standardized tests than they did the previous year, experiencing one of the biggest growth spurts in Lake County, new data shows. Pritchett’s scores improved dramatically in both reading and math, according to the state's report cards of schools.
Community Advocacy Program Now Open for Applications Oct 31, 2014 3:22 PM
Lake County Center for Independent Living Community Advocacy Program.
Lake County Center for Independent Living's 25th Anniversary Gala Celebration Oct 31, 2014 3:22 PM
Lake County Center for Independent Living (LCCIL) is a 501c3 disability rights and service organization that was founded in 1990.
Woodlands Academy Names New Head of School Oct 31, 2014 3:28 PM
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Board of Trustees voted unanimously to appoint Margaret (Meg) Steele to become the next head of school, succeeding Gerald Grossman July 1, 2015.
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
Schneider has record of bipartisan success Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: Newspaper endorsements including Daily Herald and distorted TV ads in the 10th Congresional District have given distorted reasons for not supporting Congressman Brad Schneider which do not hold up when one looks at the real facts.
Crisis just another reason to sling mud Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: The Democrats are now running an ad accusing Republicans for causing the Ebola crisis due to their budget cuts thru sequestrations. The truth is President Obama signed the sequestration bill and, in fact, took credit for it when it helped reduce the deficit.
Stolman has skill, experience treasurer needs Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
A Buffalo Grove letter to the editor: I support David Stolman for Lake County treasurer as the best fit for the job.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Students get their turn to run Buffalo Grove Oct 30, 2014 6:42 PM
Buffalo Grove trustees this week took some time off and let their future successors take over. The occasion was the annual Civics Forum, during which the village board invites students from Buffalo Grove and Stevenson high schools to experience municipal government firsthand.
Lake County Newsmakers’ Forum Business Outlook Nov. 20 Oct 31, 2014 3:28 PM
Wondering what’s ahead of the economy and business outlook? Business executives and entrepreneurs are invited to join the Green Oaks, Libertyville, Mundelein, Vernon Hills Chamber of Commerce and Daily Herald Business Ledger for the Newsmakers’ Forum Business Outlook 2015. This valuable and informative event will be held Thursday, Nov. 20.
Rosenfeld Zweig & Donenberg Ltd. to merge practice with Warady & Davis LLP Nov. 1 Oct 31, 2014 3:28 PM
Warady & Davis LLP (W&D), Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, is pleased to announce that Rosenfeld Zweig & Donenberg Ltd. (RZD) will merge with our firm effective Nov. 1, 2014.
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week Oct 29, 2014 7:29 AM
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week
Nov. 18: CLC sponsors Partnership to Global Success Conference Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
Lake County companies wishing to expand into global markets are invited to attend the Global Success Conference, sponsored by the Illinois Small Business Development and International Trade Center at the College of Lake County.
Nov. 7: Veterans Day Ceremony and Welcome Home Fair at CLC Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
The annual Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at noon on Friday, Nov. 7 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington Street. New this year is a Veteran and Military Welcome Home Benefit Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., also cosponsored by the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
- A trip back in time
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Times for Trick-or-treating in the suburbs
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.