Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Blackhawks
Hawks in coast mode, blanked by Caps 4-0Apr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
The playoff-bound Blackhawks were coasting, and the out-of-it Washington Capitals were trying to act like a team that still had heart. The result was a late-season game with a preseason feel, noteworthy for Alex Ovechkin's NHL-leading 51st goal and a shutout from the goalie who was seemingly skittish about facing his former team earlier in the week. "We'll throw it in the garbage can," coach Joel Quenneville said.
Blackhawks’ air of confidence has this believer convincedApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
I’ve got a feeling about these Blackhawks. And I think they do, too. There seems to be quite an air of confidence about them lately, like they not only think, they know they can do it again. And there’s no way I’m going to doubt them.
Hawks send Teravainen to RockfordApr 10, 2014 12:00 AM
The writing was on the wall, and now it’s official. The Blackhawks on Thursday reassigned forward Teuvo Teravainen to the Rockford IceHogs.
Wild finish goes Blackhawks’ wayApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
It took quite a while for the Blackhawks and Canadiens to really kick it in Thursday night at the United Center — about 50 minutes or so to be exact — but when the two Original Six teams finally found their groove, it proved well worth the wait.
Sharp helps Hawks to first OT win of seasonApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Patrick Sharp set up Marian Hossa's tying goal in the final minute of regulation and then scored the game-winner 43 seconds into overtime to lift the Blackhawks to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night. Jeremy Morin also scored in the Blackhawks' fourth straight win overall, and their first in overtime this season after seven losses.
Will Blues or Avs claim West’s top spot?Apr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Blackhawks vs. Blues in the opening round of the playoffs? Suddenly that’s not as far-fetched a scenario as it might have seemed just, say, a week ago thanks to the surging Avalanche.
Blackhawks’ Saad using game off as motivationApr 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad, benched for the first time in his career Sunday, says he's received coach Joel Quenneville's message loud and clear. “I think you’ve got to take it as motivation,” Saad said. “You’ve just got to fuel the fire and come out firing and bring that energy to the team.”
Oduya back Wednesday; Kane, Toews ‘doing fine,’ coach saysApr 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Slowly but surely, the Blackhawks’ walking wounded are working their way back. Defenseman Johnny Oduya was back practicing Tuesday and is expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Blackhawks host the Canadiens.
Rather than panic, the Blackhawks adjustApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
When you’ve coached and played 2,100 games, there’s not a lot about hockey you haven’t seen before in the course of an NHL season. It’s why Joel Quenneville doesn’t panic or come apart at the seams when his team hits a bad stretch or suffers a spate of injuries.
Blackhawks get message, send one to BluesApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Sunday was a day of messages for the Blackhawks, who sent one to the Blues and received a few themselves.
Blackhawks topple Blues 4-2Apr 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Morin sparks Blackhawks to victoryApr 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Jeremy Morin provided just the spark the Blackhawks needed with a goal and an assist in a 4-2 victory over the Blues Sunday afternoon at the United Center.
Hawks over the Teravainen hype?Apr 6, 2014 12:00 AM
The hoopla surrounding 19-year-old center Teuvo Teravainen looks as if it has officially subsided, at least in the eyes of Blackhawks Joel Quenneville. Teravainen sat out his third straight game Sunday and hasn’t dressed in 6 of the 9 games since his arrival from Finland.
Bickell-Regin-Morin line impresses QuennevilleApr 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Joel Quenneville may have found himself a new line combination in Brian Bickell, Peter Regin and Jeremy Morin.
Fans watch and play at Hawks partyApr 4, 2014 12:00 AM
A Chicago Blackhawks Roadwatch Party returned to the Libertyville Sports Complex on Friday for the fourth year in a row. Fans watched their team play the Columbus Blue Jackets on a big-screen TV.
Wow! Smith's goal with 3.7 seconds left lifts HawksApr 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Ben Smith tapped in a rebound with 3.7 seconds left on a wild scrum to give the Blackhawks a 4-3 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night. With time running out, Duncan Keith threw the puck on net and goalie Sergei Bobrovsky blocked it with his arm but it popped out of his reach. While he and two teammates scrambled to get to the loose puck, Smith got a stick on it and pushed it into the net.
Confidence booster for Bickell, HawksApr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Blackhawks have been sputtering without star Patrick Kane. Without Bryan Bickell? Probably not as much. Still it was as nice to get Bicks back as it was to get a 3-2 win over the Wild Thursday night at the United Center. “Bicks comes back in the lineup and scores a big goal,” Duncan Keith said. “That’s the kind of thing we’re going to need going forward.”
Blackhawks stop 3-game slide with win over WildApr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Marian Hossa scored the lone goal in the shootout, and the banged-up Blackhawks stopped a three-game slide with a 3-2 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night. The Blackhawks' goaltender Corey Crawford made 25 saves through overtime, and then stopped all three Minnesota attempts in the shootout. Hossa connected on the Blackhawks’ second attempt in the tiebreaker by powering a shot through Ilya Bryzgalov.
Handzus, Teravainen grab some benchApr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
A cagey veteran and a crafty rookie were sidelined Thursday night when the Blackhawks took on the Wild.
Prediction: Masters winner will be first-timerApr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
With no Tiger and a potentially injured Phil … good luck making your Masters picks this year.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. email@example.com. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.