Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Batavia
Tone down plans for cross-country track Oct 30, 2014 12:01 AM
A Batavia letter to the editor: I early voted for Martha Hanna for Kane County Board. Martha is for toning down the current plans to build a million dollar NCAA cross country track.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Tri-Cities police reports Oct 30, 2014 5:42 PM
A purse containing a cellphone and $1,800 just won from a casino was stolen between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday from the porch of a home on the 34W300 block of Illinois Street near St. Charles, according to a sheriff’s report. The victim said she got distracted and forgot about the purse.
Rotolo Middle School girls cross country team takes state championship Oct 30, 2014 8:01 PM
At the start of the Oct. 18 IESA State Cross Country meet for middle school athletes, members of Batavia’s Rotolo Middle School girl’s team knew they had a good chance to do well. But when they wound up taking home a state championship, it was like a dream come true.
Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old Oct 30, 2014 6:48 AM
An artist who taught cartooning to kids, St. Charles native Matt Jordan died at age 30. Friend and fellow artist Peter Keene is heading an effort to raise enough money to bury Jordan next to his mother.
Vero Voce Young Performers Series presents “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” Oct 29, 2014 9:00 PM
Vero Voce Theater in St. Charles will present “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” as its Halloween special Young Performers production, with direction by David Rodriguez. Performances are at 1 and 4:30 p.m. Saturdays, and 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 1-9.
Olive Garden fundraiser at East Aurora High Nov. 5 Oct 28, 2014 5:49 PM
The Kiwanis Club of Aurora and the Olive Garden Restaurant in Oswego are teaming up on Wednesday, Nov. 5, from 4 to 7 p.m., for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser at East Aurora High School cafeteria.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Batavia man gets 16 years in prison after $2.7 million pot bust Oct 28, 2014 5:39 PM
A Batavia man was sentenced to 16 years in prison Tuesday for a nearly 600-pound, $2.7 million marijuana bust in 2012. Richard Ecklund, 50, was the fifth and final person sentenced after authorities made simultaneous arrests in Aurora and Sugar Grove. Sentences of other defendants ranged from three to 10 years in prison.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Ex-Siemens foundations could come out in January, company tells Batavia Oct 28, 2014 11:06 AM
Removal of some asphalt parking lots will begin soon at the former Siemens factory site in Batavia, according to a letter from company officials. And, they wrote, concrete foundations could be removed starting in January.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
St. Charles Clean as a Whisker grand opening offers free pet grooming Oct 27, 2014 4:12 PM
Clean as a Whisker Pet Grooming is set to open Monday, Nov. 3, at 322 W. Main St. in downtown St. Charles. As a grand opening special, they are offering free grooming for their new clientele. Ongoing specials will be $5 walk-in nail trims with no appointment necessary.
Kids learn about nature and stewardship in Mighty Acorns Oct 27, 2014 6:56 PM
Thirteen sixth-graders grabbed their journals and sat down ready to learn more about the environment during the Mighty Acorns program, offered by The Conservation Foundation in partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Elgin.
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 28, 2014 9:14 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures gallery features Daily Herald staff photos of Miss Illinois, the Vice President on the United States, and zombies, representing about 20 area communities.
Elgin man charged with his 5th DUI Oct 27, 2014 5:11 PM
A 51-year-old man was arrested over the weekend in Geneva and charged with his fifth DUI. Christopher Caudill, of Elgin, faces up to 15 years in prison. He was being held on $200,000 bail and has been arrested more than 40 times in Kane County alone since 1998, according to court records.
Fire damages Batavia apartments Oct 27, 2014 8:56 PM
Fire damaged the third floor of an apartment building Monday afternoon on Lorlyn Circle in Batavia
Costume contest just one of the attractions at BatFest Oct 25, 2014 6:55 PM
Kids put on costumes from scary to silly for BatFest Saturday in downtown Batavia. Activities on both sides of the Fox River included downtown trick or treating, Main Stage entertainment at the Peg Bond Center, and the first Fall Festival with petting zoo, train rides, arts and crafts, and live music hosted at Music Matters, 24 N. Washington.
Business will offer freelancer, small-business workspace in Geneva Oct 25, 2014 7:40 PM
If you've been to Geneva lately, you might have noticed some outdoor work taking place at the former U.S. Bank building on North Third Street, near Hamilton. After the first of the year, work will be getting done inside after office space developer Mara Hauser opens 25N Coworking, providing a “collaborative and productive” workspace for freelancers and small businesses.
Weekend picks: Celebrate 50 years of 'The Munsters' Oct 25, 2014 5:30 AM
See the Munster Koach & Drag-U-La cars at the special 50 Years of “The Munsters” exhibit this Saturday at the Volo Auto Museum in Volo. Local actors Peter DeFaria and Randy Steinmeyer rejoin the roles they originated in a special touring production of Keith Huff's drama “A Steady Rain” at COD's McAninch Arts Center in Glen Ellyn. Comedian Aries Spears gained national fame appearing as a series regular of “MADtv” from 1997 to 2005. Catch Spears performing his standup routine at the Improv Comedy Showcase in Schaumburg. Giordano Dance Chicago unveils a world premiere piece called "Feeling Good Sweet."
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- No more excuses
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email email@example.com (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.