Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Barrington High School
O’Brien, Palatine work through another MSL title Oct 18, 2014 4:55 PM
Palatine junior Kelly O’Brien made it look easy early, but she had to work hard late. On a cool and damp morning, O’Brien jumped out to a comfortable lead in the first mile in the Mid-Suburban League girls cross country conference meet on Saturday at Busse Woods. But Fremd senior Ayako Higuchi made her work in the final 2 miles. The two ran neck-and-neck in the final mile before O’Brien made a final surge with 20 meters remaining to secure the MSL title in 17:52 leading Palatine to its third consecutive MSL triumph with 40 points.
Live video: Barrington vs. Palatine Oct 17, 2014 9:02 AM
Barrington vs. Palatine football
Prospect in close trophy proximity once again Oct 17, 2014 9:01 PM
Prospect’s bid for a fourth straight trophy at the Class AA state girls golf finals is within makeable putting distance. Led by senior Kacie O’Donnell’s 79 and three scores of 84, the defending state champs are 9 strokes off the lead and only 3 strokes from third place after the first day of action at the Hickory Point Golf Course (par 72) in Decatur. O’Donnell’s 79 put her in a tie for 17th while senior Isabella Flack, sophomore Kate Ponzi and sophomore Samantha Accardi each landed in a seven-way tie for 46th with their 84s. The highest-finishing Mid-Suburban League representative on day one was conference champion Reena Sulkar. The Barrington sophomore fired a 5-over 77, good for a 3-way tie for ninth place.
Images: Barrington vs. Palatine football Oct 17, 2014 9:58 PM
Barrington High School football hosted Palatine on Friday night, Oct. 17 for varsity football.
Boys golf: Barrington’s in the hunt downstate Oct 17, 2014 8:19 PM
Barrington’s golfers didn’t let the fox trap catch them. The Broncos teed off Friday morning at the Class 3A state finals at the Den course at Fox Creek in Bloomington, where holes 5 through 7 are called the “fox trap” due to their extreme degree of difficulty. And although Barrington didn’t exactly tame the course, they performed well enough to stand in third place after the first day of the tournament at the Arnold Palmer-designed links. The Broncos, led by junior Burke Barsamian’s 3-over par 75, shot 310 and trail leader Hinsdale Central (300) by 10 strokes heading into Saturday’s final round.
Palatine powers past Barrington Oct 18, 2014 12:06 AM
Vince Serio helped Palatine steal a 24-14 win over host Barrington on Friday night. Serio came up with a huge strip in the second quarter that turned the tide as Palatine (6-2, 4-0) stunned previously unbeaten Barrington. The win guarantees the Pirates a share of the MSL West title, and they can win the title outright with a win over Schaumburg next Friday.
Defending champ Prospect likes where it’s headed Oct 16, 2014 4:56 PM
As the girls golf season wound down, Prospect coach Jim Hamann made a particular comment more than once. “We are excited about the direction we are going,” he has said while watching continuous improvement from his players in the final month. The Knights also know the directions quite well to the city where they’ll swing their clubs this weekend. For the fifth straight year, they have arrived in Decatur for the Class AA state finals.
Hersey’s program perfect against MSL East Oct 17, 2014 12:03 AM
Hersey’s streak of 12 straight Mid-Suburban League East girls volleyball championships is quite the feat. The Huskies program added another rare accomplishment on Thursday. With its freshman and sophomore teams pulling out three-set wins at Rolling Meadows on Thursday, all levels combined for a 50-0 record this fall. The varsity squad completed its 10-0 run with a 25-12, 25-15 triumph as Liz Fuerst put down a match-high 12 kills.
Zahn, Palatine edge out Conant Oct 17, 2014 12:02 AM
Senior year got here early for Palatine’s Lily Zahn. Though in just her third season as a key member of the Pirates’ girls swimming and diving team, Zahn in is her last year of high school competition. She’ll graduate early in pursuit of greater classroom challenges in advance of a promising collegiate future. “I love having Lily,” said Palatine coach Brittany Berleman, “because she shows that you can do it well, athletically and academically, at the same time.” The athleticism was on display during Palatine’s senior night, as the Pirates wrapped up their Mid-Suburban League duals with a 98-88 victory against visiting Conant.
Football: Scouting Week 8, Northwest Oct 17, 2014 1:41 AM
Here's what to expect in Week 8 of the high school football season for team in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Football: Week 7 MVPs Oct 15, 2014 11:36 PM
St. Francis senior quarterback Clint Bobowski and Hersey senior defensive back Cole Monckton have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their performances in Week 7 of the high school football season.
Krzysko quickly a hit in Arkansas’ lineup Oct 15, 2014 1:56 PM
It was less than two years ago when area softball fans were watching one of the all-time best displays of home run hitting. Loren Krzysko became Barrington’s all-time home run hitter in the spring of 2012 when the 2012 Daily Herald all-area honorary softball captain belted a school-record 18 and finished her career with 42. Both numbers rank No. 9 on the all-time IHSA list.Krzysko is now a redshirt freshman for Arkansas, which opened its fall softball season 10 days ago. Guess her hit the first homer of the season for the Razorbacks? In the second game of a doubleheader with Oklahoma State, Krzysko had 4 hits including a homer as the Razorbacks won 14-5 to gain a split with the Razorbacks.
Lake Forest’s Gaughan a sectional medalist Oct 14, 2014 9:01 PM
After the completion of the Lake Forest boys golf sectional, Lake Forest's Quinn Gaughan was medalist with a 70.
Prospect extends downstate reign Oct 14, 2014 9:44 PM
The rain would not stop at Bittersweet Golf Club in Gurnee on Tuesday. Neither would Prospect’s streak of trips to the Class AA state finals at the Hickory Point Golf Course in Decatur. The Knights will pack their bags for the fifth straight time, thanks to the score of 330 they shot on Monday at the Warren girls golf sectional. Four teams were unable to finish their rounds on Monday due to the rain.They took the course in the same wet conditions on Tuesday. When the scores were finally completed, Prospect’s 330 was good for second place behind champion New Trier (323).
BHS seeks local nonprofit to benefit from spring fundraiser Oct 13, 2014 6:18 PM
A student committee is searching for which local nonprofit organization should receive the proceeds of one of Barrington High School’s largest fundraising campaigns. The BHS “IT” Campaign is an all-school fundraiser that raises money for local nonprofit organizations.
Prospect likes its downstate prospects Oct 13, 2014 9:39 PM
All the work and practices Prospect coach Jim Hamann put his girls golf team through this fall were geared toward seeing his players enjoying their best golf at the end of the season. With that in mind, the Knights sure must have made their coach proud on Tuesday at Bittersweet Golf Club in Gurnee. They produced their best team score of the season (330) in some of the toughest conditions of the fall. With many golfers still having to finish their rounds due to rainy weather suspending play late in the afternoon, all of the results of the Warren Class AA sectional are still unofficial and not yet reported to the IHSA. Coaches will be alerted early in the morning if play will resume at noon Tuesday. If conditions are still unsuitable, Wednesday would be the finishing day. Yet to finish their team scores are Barrington, Loyola, Libertyville and Crystal Lake Central.
Lim, Barrington soak up a state-qualifying success Oct 13, 2014 8:26 PM
Timothy Lim wasn’t alone in having to deal with the rainy, foggy and wet conditions as the day went on Monday in the Class 3A Lake Forest boys golf sectional. But it sure didn’t seem to affect him as much. The Barrington sophomore used a steady approach to get past the weather conditions and card an even-par 72 on the 6,589-yard course at Lake Bluff. Lim’s effort helped Barrington shoot 299 for the second straight time as the Broncos earned a spot in the Class 3A state touranment. They finished second, behind Lake Forest (293) and ahead of St. Charles East (306) — or at least it looks that way, pending the official conclusion of the sectional now scheduled for Tuesday.
Barrington scores an MSL title, with Hersey close behind Oct 11, 2014 6:41 PM
Although it was one of the closest team scores in years, Barrington still was able to net a 20th consecutive Mid-Suburban League girls tennis championship, posting 53 points at Schaumburg on Saturday afternoon to complete the three-day tournament. Hersey followed with 46 points for second place, and Fremd was third with 38, just ahead of Buffalo Grove (36).
Loyola backs it up at Barrington Oct 11, 2014 6:28 PM
How good was the competition on Saturday in the Barrington Invitational? Well, many expect Loyola Academy to have a great chance at winning a girls swimming and diving state championship next month, and the most recent results provided no reason to think otherwise. Loyola, which was without senior standout Grace Tierney and also one of its top divers, still managed to take top honors in the seven-team field with 370.5 points. The host Fillies would be thrilled to take one of the top three places at state, so this setting provided a great opportunity for them to see how they measured up. Barrington finished second with 317 points, well ahead of third-place Lyons Township (257) and fourth-place York (218.5). Barrington coach Jim Bart was pleased — at least in the final analysis. “I felt like we were a little bit soft at the start of the meet,” he said. “But after the 50 free, we had a little talk, and I thought we had a pretty nice back half. “Any time you can compete against a team like Loyola, it will help you. It took us a while, but we adjusted well.” Without question, the Ramblers have the finest assembly of backstrokers in the state. Libby Jardeleza broke the pool record by winning that event in 57.47, and teammate Jamie Kolar was second in 58.41. At the JV level, Loyola’s Shannon Kearney won in 58.74, and Margaret Guanci was second in 59.32. That’s right — Loyola has four sub-four-minute 100 backstrokers. “We knew what to expect,” said Barringon senior Emma Barnett, who led the Fillies in the backstroke with a third-place finish in 1:00.98. “They gave us the challenge we needed. “I think it took us a little while to get going, but I think we learned a little bit about ourselves.” The 500 freestyle was certainly a highlight for Barrington, as Kirsten Jacobsen won in 4:56.14 and Maggie Emary was third in 5:06.49. And in the JV 500 free, Maggie Menso won in 5:12.68 and Evelyn Ciskowski was third in 5:31.07. Those are four performers many varsity programs would be happy to have as their No. 1 in the event, and each turned in season-best times on Saturday. Jacobsen, the defending state champ in the 200 and 500 freestyles, also won the 200 free (1:52.25), and Barrington senior Andrea Vega won both the 200 IM (2:11.61) and 100 breast (1:07.02). Barrington had strong efforts in both freestyle relays, but finished second to Loyola in both. The Ramblers gained a huge points advantage in the first event, splitting their talent evenly between two medley relays that both bested Barrington’s top group. As for how this season will turn out for Loyola, well, coach Mike Hengelmann is more than willing to see it unfold at its own pace. “For us, it’s one day at a time, one meet at a time,” he said. “That’s just the only approach that makes any sense to me. “We love swimming here. Jim Bart runs a great program, and any time you have a state champion like Jacobsen to race against, it just makes it a little bit more special.” Other top efforts for the Ramblers came from Olivia Andrew, who was second in the 200 free (1:53.87) and won the 100 free (53.83); Maria Kyle, who won the 100 fly (59.50); and Claire Rushin, who won the 50 free (25.16). Schaumburg finished sixth in the team standings and got a third-place finish from diver Caiti Poland (342.25, 11 dives). The Saxons’ top swimming finish came from freshman Ingrid Hay in the 100 back (ninth, 1:06.18).
Miller thrills as Barrington rolls again Oct 10, 2014 11:32 PM
Barrington receiver Scotty Miller had the kind of game Friday night that most players can only dream of. The senior hit pay dirt on three long scoring plays in the first half, and his effort helped lead the visiting Broncos to a 55-14 Mid-Suburban West win over Hoffman Estates. Miller caught a 38-yard touchdown toss from Johnny Davidson in the first quarter, then added a 61-yard TD catch plus a 59-yard scoring run in the second stanza to set the tone for what turned out to be a relentless offensive attack from Barrington (7-0, 3-0).
- Cubs take next step and fire Renteria
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Problem is seeing facilities as cash centers
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.