Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Antioch
GOP puts big money into 5 suburban races Oct 17, 2014 11:00 AM
The election is 20 days away, and voters can start voting early in person next week, so the tallies of campaign spending released this week can give clues to where in the suburbs the toughest battles for seats in Springfield are being waged. Here are five races in the suburbs with some of the biggest fundraising.
CLC, UW-Parkside team up to expand transfer options Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
The College of Lake County and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside approved an agreement on Sept. 25 expanding educational options for students in the college’s business career programs.
Telemedicine Robot Helps Vista Improve Stroke Treatment Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM
Stroke victims brought into the Emergency Department at Vista Medical Center East in Waukegan are approximately 10 times more likely than the national average to be assessed quickly enough to receive critical medication to minimize the effects of stroke, according to a recent study. Someone in the United States has a stroke every 45 seconds, making it the third leading cause of death and number one cause of serious, long-term disability.
Epic Center Hosts Senior Gathering Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM
Two months after its grand opening on Aug 1st, Epic Healthy Living Education Center hosted several senior gatherings and other educational, entertaining events for the northern suburb communities.
Lake County Housing Authority Receives $220,705 from HUD for the Family Self-Sufficiency Program Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awarded $75 million to help public housing and Housing Choice Voucher residents across the country connect with local services to improve their education and employment and to put them on a path to self-sufficiency.
Free Health Screenings and Family Activities at Wellness Night in Highland Park Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
Free health screenings and family fun fitness activities are planned Friday, November 7, for adults and children during the Family Fun and Wellness Night in Highland Park.
Frightfully Fabulous FREE FUN at BOO BASH-October 25 Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
Go "batty" with all the FREE fun at Mundelein Park District’s (www.mundeleinparks.org) annual BOO BASH event. Back again at its expanded location on Midlothian Road, the BOO BASH returns with spook-tacular extras like tractor-pulled wagon rides courtesy of the Lake County Farm Heritage Association, a haunted hut, “find-and-seek” prizes in the straw pile, music, games, visits by familiar characters, and more.
Election is your opportunity to be heard Oct 16, 2014 5:12 PM
An Antioch letter to the editor: No matter what your personal choice is, or your stand on a referendum you may have in your community, this is your opportunity to use your voice in this great land of ours,
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Jasmine Guy to star in ‘Raisin’ Cane’ at CLC Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
Illinois Tollway’s expanded Construction Business Development Center to include CLC center Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute of the College of Lake County was recently named the fourth location in Northern Illinois to provide services to small businesses in the construction industry, including minority- and women-owned firms bidding on Illinois Tollway projects.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
CLC Foundation gala generates over $120,000 for student scholarships Oct 23, 2014 1:01 PM
More than 250 friends of the College of Lake County Foundation generated more than $120,000 for student scholarships on Sept. 27 at the Black and White Ball: Toast of the Town, held at the historic Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
If you don’t vote, do not complain Oct 12, 2014 5:01 AM
An Antioch letter to the editor: It is now election time in Illinois. Early voting runs Oct. 20 to Nov. 2. Applications for absentee voting have been accepted for some time. Questions? Contact the Lake County Clerk’s Office elections department.
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery is Oct. 29 in Gurnee Oct 14, 2014 12:40 PM
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery, Oct. 29
Oct. 24: Man Up Male Success Conference at CLC Oct 9, 2014 10:50 AM
Oct. 24: Man Up Male Success Conference at CLC
- No more excuses
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Boeing sees rocket blast hastening end to Russia-engine reliance
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Dee Snider mixes metal, cheer in 'Christmas Tale'
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Fairfield's in the future for Schaumburg's Akinola
- Washington ends Cowboys' 6-game winning streak
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Aerosmith's Joe Perry visits Arlington Hts. guitar shop
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.