Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Algonquin
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Adocate Health Care job fair seeks experienced nurses Oct 31, 2014 10:47 AM
Three Advocate Health Care facilities are teaming up for a job fair in search of experienced nurses. The registered nurse job fair will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, at the Chicago Marriott Northwest.
McHenry Community College to host Veterans Day Recognition Ceremony Oct 31, 2014 1:57 PM
McHenry County College will host a Veterans Day Recognition Ceremony beginning with patriotic music by the MCC Concert Band and Chorus at 9 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7. Community and student veterans, along with faculty, staff and guests, will gather for the program that will include speakers, patriotic music, posting of the colors by a combined service color guard, and bagpipe music. In addition to recognizing veterans, visitors will have an opportunity to mingle and meet other veterans at a reception after the ceremony.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Algonquin police chief to retire in December Oct 29, 2014 8:32 PM
Algonquin Police Department Chief of Police Russell Laine intends to retire in December after serving in the position for more than 25 years. Laine, who has been in law enforcement since 1976, has been Algonquin’s chief of police since 1985. He also was the chief of police in Bartlett and in Edgerton, Wisconsin.
“Get Your Rear in Gear-Elgin” helps fund colon cancer screenings, education Oct 29, 2014 4:05 PM
The Colon Cancer Coalition recently awarded the Advocate Charitable Foundation at Advocate Sherman Hospital with $25,000 from funds raised during the “Get Your Rear in Gear — Elgin” race held in August.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
MCC welcomes NIU choir Cor Cantiamo for concert Oct 28, 2014 3:40 PM
McHenry County College will host a choral concert featuring Cor Cantiamo, the Northern Illinois University School of Music Ensemble in Residence, at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2. Cor Contiamo will perform “Inspirited: A Concert Exploring the Divine,” directed by Eric A. Johnson, the ensemble’s founding artistic director.
Follow the progress of 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train project Oct 29, 2014 10:03 PM
At 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, the Dundee Township Historical Society welcomes William Werst, executive director of the the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train. After President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, his body and that of his son Willie were returned to Illinois for burial in Springfield.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
MCC seeks presenters, vendors for Child’s World Conference Oct 27, 2014 3:41 PM
McHenry County College is looking for workshop presenters and vendors for the 2014 Child’s World Conference from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at the college, 8900 Route 14 in Crystal Lake.
Mobile unit offers vascular screening Oct 27, 2014 3:33 PM
Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States, yet is generally asymptomatic until a catastrophic event occurs, such as a stroke or aneurysm rupture. Although preventive screening is available, millions of Americans at risk for stroke or death from vascular disorders remain unaware of their risk.
How about point system in elections? Oct 27, 2014 5:01 AM
An Algonquin letter to the editor: This coming election I face the dilemma along with many other voting constituents of not wanting to vote “for” any of the candidates for a particular office. I have little faith in what either candidate has to offer and they are pouring millions of dollars into campaign rhetoric which will change few peoples minds and is an absolute waste of money except for those in receipt of it.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Candidate unafraid to speak her mind Oct 26, 2014 12:01 AM
An Algonquin letter to the editor: Maggie Auger has proven herself to be a strong, independent voice representing the residents on the northern fringes of Kane County, a challenging position to be in at best. She has supported a flat tax levy for the past three years and has been a strong advocate for open space, supporting development of trails and amenities in the Brunner Family Farm.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
Boy Scout Troop 314 hosts spaghetti dinner, raffle Nov. 22 Oct 24, 2014 7:57 PM
Boy Scout Troop 314 is hosting a spaghetti dinner and raffle fundraiser from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, at Carpentersville Moose Lodge. This includes all-you-can-eat spaghetti, salad, breadstick, dessert and soft drink.Raffle rickets are available for $1, six tickets for $5, and an “arm’s length” of tickets for $20.
Join Howl-O-Ween Bash fundraiser Oct 24, 2014 6:54 PM
Join the “Howl-O-Ween Bash” on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 6 to 10 p.m. This event is hosted by A Heart for Animals and 31 North Banquets. A Heart For Animals is a no-kill nonprofit animal welfare organization. All proceeds from this event will go toward the operating costs involved in the rescues.
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Marriott delivers beautifully traditional 'King and I'
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Time for Fire to give fans a title-contender
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.