Activate Your Free
Articles filed under AFL
Can Rush avenge playoff loss to Arizona? May 10, 2012 9:28 PM
Other sports stories, notes, photos and graphics
No gray area: Rush wide receiver a record setter May 5, 2012 2:09 PM
In 2˝ seasons with the Rush, Reggie Gray has 68 touchdown catches, 2 short of the team record. With his 4 kickoff-return scores, he has 72 all-purpose TDs, just 1 short of the franchise mark. Both records are within his grasp when the 5-2 Rush host the 3-4 Iowa Barnstormers at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Gray talks about his success in football, his life off the field, and why the NFL hasn't come calling.
AFL honors McMillen on Top 25 team May 4, 2012 2:00 PM
The Arena Football League Silver Anniversary Committee has selected Chicago Rush head coach Bob McMillen is the 17th greatest player in AFL history. Its a tremendous honor, because Ive never looked at myself as one of the best players to play this game, said McMillen, a Naperville resident who played 13 seasons in the AFL. I was just a guy who went out there and played hard every game and did what I could to help our team win. There are probably a hundred guys better than me on this list.
Another Rush win as record climbs to 5-1 Apr 23, 2012 12:08 PM
It was Rush wide receiver Terrance Turners turn to shine in the spotlight as his 10-catch, 112-yard and 4-touchdown night powered the Rush to a 62-61 win over the Milwaukee Mustangs in Arena Football League action Saturday night. Quarterback Russ Michna completed 26 of 34 passing attempts for 306 yards and 6 touchdowns for the Rush, with a game-winning TD with four seconds to play. The Rush is now 5-1 on the season.
Georgia overpowers Rush to snap win streak Apr 23, 2012 12:20 PM
Chicago Rush game reports
Rush races to 3-0 with win over Iowa Apr 1, 2012 2:45 PM
The Chicago Rush overcame first half struggles to secure an overtime victory over the Iowa Barnstormers lSaturday night at the Wells Fargo Arena in front of 8,472 fans. The Rush becomes the first team with a 3-0 record following the victory over Central Division rival Iowa.
Gray’s 5 touchdowns propel Rush over Orlando, 51-49 Mar 23, 2012 12:02 PM
After struggling for the first 10 minutes of the game, the Chicago Rush put together an impressive 50 minutes of football Thursday night to beat the Orlando Predators 51-49. Reggie Gray secured 5 touchdown receptions for the Rush as quarterback Russ Michna's unit put together eight consecutive scoring drives to take control of the game. Our chemistry is second to none, Gray said of his relationship with Michna.
Rush opens season with 70-48 victory Mar 10, 2012 11:56 PM
Pregame fireworks ignited the momentum on a high-scoring opening night as the Chicago Rush defeated the Tampa Bay Storm 70-48. A combined 70-point first half kept the 9,124 fans on their toes Saturday night at the Allstate Arena.
Odd season for Bears safety Chris Harris Oct 28, 2011 5:30 AM
Mike Spellman looks back at Chris Harris' season and the media circus that was Theo Epstein coming to the Cubs in this week's Spellman's scorecard.
McMillen returning to coach Rush in 2012 Sep 23, 2011 11:43 AM
Bob McMillen will return as head coach for the Chicago Rush arena football team in 2012, team officials announced Friday. McMillen, a Naperville resident, was runner-up the AFL’s Coach of the Year award last season as he guided the team into the playoffs.
3 Rush players named to All-Arena teams Aug 12, 2011 5:03 PM
Three Chicago Rush players earned All-Arena honors for their play in the 2011 season. Defensive back Vic Hall, and linebacker Kelvin Morris earned first-team honors while receiver Reggie Gray was named second-team All-Arena.
Rush hits road for AFL conference title game Aug 4, 2011 4:28 PM
The Chicago Rush head to Phoenix this weekend to take on the league-leading Arizona Rattlers for the conference title and a spot in the AFL finals.
Rush primed for playoffs Jul 28, 2011 9:30 PM
The Chicago Rush will be facing the Dallas Vigilantes in Rosemont on Friday in the first round of the AFL playoffs. This will be the third time the teams have played this season.
Rush plagued by turnovers, penalties in loss Jul 24, 2011 12:30 AM
After a season of battling turnovers and penalties, the Chicago Rush gave away Saturday's regular season finale in familiar fashion: turnovers and penalties.
Rush snuffs out Blaze Jul 1, 2011 11:26 PM
The Chicago Rush clinched a playoff berth with a 52-35 win at the Allstate Arena on Friday night.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 30, 2011 3:34 PM
Chicago Rush game day: home vs. Utah Blaze at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Allstate Arena in Rosemont.
Kick returns seal deal for Rush Jun 26, 2011 10:52 PM
A strong fourth quarter secured the Chicago Rush’s 10th win of the season as it defeated the Iowa Barnstormers 58-48 before 9,063 at the Allstate Arena on Sunday.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 24, 2011 7:54 PM
By Jayna Johns Iowa Barnstormers vs. Rush, 3 p.m. Sunday at Allstate Arena Scouting the Rush: Head coach Bob McMillen was impressed with his team’s competitiveness last weekend. Facing a 22-point deficit, the team fought to the last minute before losing 63-60. Defensive back Vic Hall leads the league in tackles and interceptions and set an AFL record last week for most interceptions in a season. He has 15. Scouting the Barnstormers: Receiver Todd Blythe is ranked sixth in the league for receiving yards per game and total scoring, averaging 111 yards and 16.4 points. Quarterback Brad Banks averages more than 5 touchdowns a game and leads the team in rushing touchdowns with 8. Teddy Bear Toss day: Fans are encouraged to bring a teddy bear to the game and toss it onto the field following the first Rush touchdown. Bears also can be purchased for $5 on the concourse level of the arena. The bears will be collected and donated to the Red Cross of Greater Chicago for children who are victims of disasters.
Rush looks for turnaround vs. Iowa Jun 24, 2011 7:53 PM
A strong defense has kept the Rush at the top of their division, but offensive struggles and turnovers have cost the team at times. The Rush will try to get back to their winning ways against the Iowa Barnstormers on Sunday at the Allstate Arena after losing starting quarterback Russ Michna to an ankle injury.
Michna injured in Rush loss Jun 19, 2011 4:19 PM
The Spokane Shock ended the Chicago Rush's five-game win streak Saturday night, hodling on for a 63-60 win. Rush quarterback Russ Michna did not play the second half due to an undisclosed injury.
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- How does Google Maps find out about traffic delays?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Spellman's Scorecard: Maddon will be a real treat
- Kristufek's selections for Breeders' Cup
- U-46 to consider school closings, boundary changes
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.