Activate Your Free
Articles filed under AFL
Can Rush avenge playoff loss to Arizona? May 10, 2012 9:28 PM
Other sports stories, notes, photos and graphics
No gray area: Rush wide receiver a record setter May 5, 2012 2:09 PM
In 2˝ seasons with the Rush, Reggie Gray has 68 touchdown catches, 2 short of the team record. With his 4 kickoff-return scores, he has 72 all-purpose TDs, just 1 short of the franchise mark. Both records are within his grasp when the 5-2 Rush host the 3-4 Iowa Barnstormers at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont. The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Gray talks about his success in football, his life off the field, and why the NFL hasn't come calling.
AFL honors McMillen on Top 25 team May 4, 2012 2:00 PM
The Arena Football League Silver Anniversary Committee has selected Chicago Rush head coach Bob McMillen is the 17th greatest player in AFL history. Its a tremendous honor, because Ive never looked at myself as one of the best players to play this game, said McMillen, a Naperville resident who played 13 seasons in the AFL. I was just a guy who went out there and played hard every game and did what I could to help our team win. There are probably a hundred guys better than me on this list.
Another Rush win as record climbs to 5-1 Apr 23, 2012 12:08 PM
It was Rush wide receiver Terrance Turners turn to shine in the spotlight as his 10-catch, 112-yard and 4-touchdown night powered the Rush to a 62-61 win over the Milwaukee Mustangs in Arena Football League action Saturday night. Quarterback Russ Michna completed 26 of 34 passing attempts for 306 yards and 6 touchdowns for the Rush, with a game-winning TD with four seconds to play. The Rush is now 5-1 on the season.
Georgia overpowers Rush to snap win streak Apr 23, 2012 12:20 PM
Chicago Rush game reports
Rush races to 3-0 with win over Iowa Apr 1, 2012 2:45 PM
The Chicago Rush overcame first half struggles to secure an overtime victory over the Iowa Barnstormers lSaturday night at the Wells Fargo Arena in front of 8,472 fans. The Rush becomes the first team with a 3-0 record following the victory over Central Division rival Iowa.
Gray’s 5 touchdowns propel Rush over Orlando, 51-49 Mar 23, 2012 12:02 PM
After struggling for the first 10 minutes of the game, the Chicago Rush put together an impressive 50 minutes of football Thursday night to beat the Orlando Predators 51-49. Reggie Gray secured 5 touchdown receptions for the Rush as quarterback Russ Michna's unit put together eight consecutive scoring drives to take control of the game. Our chemistry is second to none, Gray said of his relationship with Michna.
Rush opens season with 70-48 victory Mar 10, 2012 11:56 PM
Pregame fireworks ignited the momentum on a high-scoring opening night as the Chicago Rush defeated the Tampa Bay Storm 70-48. A combined 70-point first half kept the 9,124 fans on their toes Saturday night at the Allstate Arena.
Odd season for Bears safety Chris Harris Oct 28, 2011 5:30 AM
Mike Spellman looks back at Chris Harris' season and the media circus that was Theo Epstein coming to the Cubs in this week's Spellman's scorecard.
McMillen returning to coach Rush in 2012 Sep 23, 2011 11:43 AM
Bob McMillen will return as head coach for the Chicago Rush arena football team in 2012, team officials announced Friday. McMillen, a Naperville resident, was runner-up the AFL’s Coach of the Year award last season as he guided the team into the playoffs.
3 Rush players named to All-Arena teams Aug 12, 2011 5:03 PM
Three Chicago Rush players earned All-Arena honors for their play in the 2011 season. Defensive back Vic Hall, and linebacker Kelvin Morris earned first-team honors while receiver Reggie Gray was named second-team All-Arena.
Rush hits road for AFL conference title game Aug 4, 2011 4:28 PM
The Chicago Rush head to Phoenix this weekend to take on the league-leading Arizona Rattlers for the conference title and a spot in the AFL finals.
Rush primed for playoffs Jul 28, 2011 9:30 PM
The Chicago Rush will be facing the Dallas Vigilantes in Rosemont on Friday in the first round of the AFL playoffs. This will be the third time the teams have played this season.
Rush plagued by turnovers, penalties in loss Jul 24, 2011 12:30 AM
After a season of battling turnovers and penalties, the Chicago Rush gave away Saturday's regular season finale in familiar fashion: turnovers and penalties.
Rush snuffs out Blaze Jul 1, 2011 11:26 PM
The Chicago Rush clinched a playoff berth with a 52-35 win at the Allstate Arena on Friday night.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 30, 2011 3:34 PM
Chicago Rush game day: home vs. Utah Blaze at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Allstate Arena in Rosemont.
Kick returns seal deal for Rush Jun 26, 2011 10:52 PM
A strong fourth quarter secured the Chicago Rush’s 10th win of the season as it defeated the Iowa Barnstormers 58-48 before 9,063 at the Allstate Arena on Sunday.
Chicago Rush game day Jun 24, 2011 7:54 PM
By Jayna Johns Iowa Barnstormers vs. Rush, 3 p.m. Sunday at Allstate Arena Scouting the Rush: Head coach Bob McMillen was impressed with his team’s competitiveness last weekend. Facing a 22-point deficit, the team fought to the last minute before losing 63-60. Defensive back Vic Hall leads the league in tackles and interceptions and set an AFL record last week for most interceptions in a season. He has 15. Scouting the Barnstormers: Receiver Todd Blythe is ranked sixth in the league for receiving yards per game and total scoring, averaging 111 yards and 16.4 points. Quarterback Brad Banks averages more than 5 touchdowns a game and leads the team in rushing touchdowns with 8. Teddy Bear Toss day: Fans are encouraged to bring a teddy bear to the game and toss it onto the field following the first Rush touchdown. Bears also can be purchased for $5 on the concourse level of the arena. The bears will be collected and donated to the Red Cross of Greater Chicago for children who are victims of disasters.
Rush looks for turnaround vs. Iowa Jun 24, 2011 7:53 PM
A strong defense has kept the Rush at the top of their division, but offensive struggles and turnovers have cost the team at times. The Rush will try to get back to their winning ways against the Iowa Barnstormers on Sunday at the Allstate Arena after losing starting quarterback Russ Michna to an ankle injury.
Michna injured in Rush loss Jun 19, 2011 4:19 PM
The Spokane Shock ended the Chicago Rush's five-game win streak Saturday night, hodling on for a 63-60 win. Rush quarterback Russ Michna did not play the second half due to an undisclosed injury.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- 'Fury' aims for an unvarnished look at war
- Flight attendants helped to ground gender bias
- Crystal Lake teen killed in Lakewood crash
- Former U.S. attorney to look into Rauner-reporter controversy
- Ebola travel ban sought by lawmakers opposed by companies
- Remains may be those of missing UVa. student
- Lawsuit says Elgin hair salon injured 7-year-old
- Hospital stay inspires Geneva teen to help others
- Official: Homeless man found dead in Elgin
- Glenbard West takes battle of unbeatens
- Embattled Batavia teacher to step down
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Flight attendants helped to ground gender bias
- Parents: 'No justice' for girl killed by huffing driver
- Embattled St. Charles homeowner claims city broke the law
- Imrem: These Bears are a fine mess
- Rozner: Like Cubs, Royals patiently built from bottom up
- Man accused of shooting cops had rocky military history
- Arlington Hts. furniture store closing after 34 years
- Official: Homeless man found dead in Elgin
- LEAD TEACHER - Education Lead Teacher (Part-time 9-Month) Plans and facilitates developmental activities as part of an overall program for our Children's Learning Centers. jobs.clcillinois.edu Apply by 10/31/2014 College of Lake County EOE/AA/M/F/D/V (id:4388894) LPN'S - Health Care Licensed Practical Nurse Progressive Rehabilitation and Nursing facility has openings for LPNs full time for 7am to 3:30pm shift. Those with excellent clinical skills, reliable attendance, and a strong desire to make the customer happy please apply to: Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler Lee Manor -1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389001) DRIVER - SEMI TRAILER - Driver-Semi-Trailer Trend Technologies, LLC located in Elk Grove Village is a worldwide corporation specializing in products for the electronics, automotive, industrial and medical industries. We are a national provider of custom plastic and metal products to many of the world's leading high-tech companies. This is a full-time position for an experienced candidate looking for a great opportunity. Requirements are: CDL License, Class A required Fork lift certification required -Unload/load trucks Order picking Must pass mandated DOT physical exam, drug screen. Trend Technologies, LLC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please provide salary history and requirements with your application information. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 847/640-2409 (id:4388780)
- LEAD INSPECTOR - Fox Valley molder seeks full time Lead Inspector for 12-hour day shifts. Must have visual inspection experience. English plus Spanish a must. Hourly pay depends on experience. Please reply to: email@example.com (id:4388661) JOB FAIR - Healthcare HIRING -JOB FAIR!!! CAREGIVER FT: 10:30pm-7:00am PT: 4:00pm-8:00pm ACTIVITIES ASSISTANT-PT FOOD SERVER -PT DISHWASHER -FT Date: Thursday, October 23 Hours: 9:30am-11:30am and: 1:30pm-3:30pm Job Fair Location: Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 We are a growing dynamic organization providing state of the art services and programs for active seniors. We will be conducting on-the-spot interviews. eoe (id:4388615) DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4388956)
- MECHANICAL LAB TECHNICAN - Mechanical Lab Technician Miner Enterprises is a leader in the supply of freight-car components to the railroad industry. We have an opening for a Mechanical Lab Technician in our R&D lab. Responsible for set up/calibration of spring elements and mechanical testing of railcar components in a lab/track setting and performing basic machine shop and fabrication duties to make, modify or repair testing eqpt and fixtures. Candidates should have an AS degree or equivalent exp; have the ability to read engineering drawings and have basic computer skills. Exp in mig welding and fabrication is also req'd. Send a resume with salary expectations to Miner Enterprises, 1200 E. State Street, Geneva, IL 60134, firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388992) SR UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - Computer United Stationers Mgmt Services is seeking a Sr UNIX Sys-tem Administrator in Deerfield, IL with the following re-requirements: MS in Comp. Sci. or IT + 3 yrs related exp. or a BS and 5 yrs exp. Prior exp. must include: designing, developing & implementing latest 7.1/6.1 AIX Virtualized LPARs on Power7 and Power6 IBM Servers and RHEL 6.4/ 6.5 virtual machines; implementing Live Partition Mobility by using NPIV on the VIO Servers and booting the Lpars from SAN; maintaining and updating NIM Environment with hardened golden images, lpp resources and spots; proactively managing system resources to meet service level agreements assuring optimal performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth. Please apply online at www.unitedstationers.com/Careers and search for Req. Number 14-2000. (id:4388636) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - System Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4388175)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.