Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Ziehm, Len
Strong finish for Wheaton’s Streelman Oct 21, 2014 6:01 PM
Chicago’s golf season may be in its final days as far as 2014 goes, but you wouldn’t know it by developments over the last few days. Len Ziehm takes a look at the PGA Tour, where Wheaton’s Kevin Streelman made a final-round charge in the Shriners Hospital for Children’s Open in Las Vegas on Sunday. Ziehm also has the latest on the LPGA's International Crown event coming in 2016 to Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove.
Will Elgin’s Sainz defend Chicago Open title? Oct 1, 2014 5:16 PM
Carlos Sainz Jr. will be the focal point of the Chicago Open, the last big tournament of the local season — assuming he plays, that is. As Len Ziehm explains, Sainz, 28, is uncommitted as he waits to see if he'll start the PGA Tour season next week or defend his Chicago Open title.
Larson calls 2012 Ryder Cup at Medinah ‘a lifetime event’ Sep 23, 2014 7:16 PM
With the world golf spotlight is on Gleneagles in Scotland for the 40th Ryder Cup matches, Len Ziehm talks with Don Larson, chairman of the 39th Ryder Cup at Medinah, about that epic week 2012, and what the future holds for the club.
Elgin’s Sainz Jr. earns PGA Tour card Sep 21, 2014 6:05 PM
The Chicago area has a new member on the PGA Tour. Elgin’s Carlos Sainz Jr. earned playing privileges for the 2014-15 season after finishing in a tie for 31st place in the Web.com Tour Championship on Sunday at TPC Sawgrass in Florida.
Illini Invitational attracts top college teams Sep 9, 2014 5:03 PM
A pair of talented college freshmen, Texas golferDoug Ghim of Arlington Heights and Illini golfer Nick Hardy of Northbrook, could have an impact during the Illini Invitational tourney at Olympia Fields this weekend.
Donald fails to make cut Sep 2, 2014 11:48 PM
These are not the best of times for Luke Donald even though his last tournament round was a great one — a 67 to conclude the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday in Boston. “A nice round but a disappointing season on the PGA Tour,” the former Northwestern star and former world No. 1 said via Twitter. “Have never worked harder, so hopefully that was a glimpse of things to come.”
Hectic two weeks ahead for WGA staffers Aug 27, 2014 12:01 AM
This may well be the busiest two weeks in the Western Golf Association’s 105-year history. The Hotel Fitness Championship tees off Thursday at Sycamore Hills in Fort Wayne, Ind., and the WGA’s biggest event follows with a Sept. 4-6 staging of the BMW Championship at Cherry Hills in Denver.
NIU’s Jeray fighting to keep her LPGA card Aug 12, 2014 1:15 PM
Nicole Jeray, Chicago’s only LPGA Tour player, needs one big tournament to give her career a boost. Len Ziehm has more in this week's golf column, which includes an update on a big week for Carlos Sainz Jr. on the Web.com Tour.
McIlroy shines through the darkness at PGA Aug 11, 2014 5:30 AM
There was some confusion on the last hole, but that didn’t detract from another Rory McIlroy victory in the PGA Championship. As darkness fell in the tournament, McIlroy's game shined on.
Challengers aplenty for McIlroy at PGA Championship Aug 9, 2014 9:26 PM
Rory McIlroy may be leading the PGA Championship at Valhalla, but he has more challengers in the final round than he's had in most of his previous victories.
Woods’ woes only get worse Aug 8, 2014 8:26 PM
The 96th PGA Championship is only at the midway point, but its two weekend rounds will be lacking something. Tiger Woods won’t be around when the pursuit of front-running Rory McIlroy resumes on Saturday. Woods missed the cut after shooting his second straight 74 in Friday’s second round at Valhalla, and that could well mean the end to a dismal, injury-filled season for golf’s long-time No. 1 star. He still has a long way to go to recover from the back problems that bothered him all season and required surgery March 31. His 6-over-par 146 total at Valhalla was 5 strokes above the cut line to play the final 36 holes of the last major championship of 2014.
Furyk’s 66 puts him 1 shot off lead in PGA Aug 7, 2014 10:25 PM
World No. 1 Rory McIlroy showed how solid his game is in the first round of the PGA Championship, bouncing back from two bad holes with five birdies in the last seven at Valhalla.
Trio of Illinois stars to compete for PGA Championship Aug 5, 2014 5:24 PM
With the 96th PGA Championship at Valhalla in Louisville, Ky., beginning play on Thursday, Len Ziehm takes a look at the Illinois contingent in the year’s final major: Luke Donald, Steve Stricker and Kevin Streelman. He also points out why some the state's best who won't be there, and how close Curtis Malm of White Eagle in Naperville came to joining the pros there.
Rich Harvest excited about 2016 International Crown Aug 1, 2014 7:06 PM
The LPGA expects the second International Crown, in July of 2016 at Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove, to be bigger than last week’s inaugural staging.
Western Amateur one tough test Jul 29, 2014 10:22 PM
No tournament in golf, amateur or professional, requires as much to win as the Western Amateur. The Western Golf Association is conducting its annual golf marathon for the 112th time this week at Chicago’s Beverly Country Club, and Wednesday is an especially big day because it includes the largest cut of the event — from the starting field of 156 to the low 44 and ties.
Mistwood ready for Illinois Women’s Open Jul 22, 2014 7:40 PM
A sold-out Sunday Pro-Am will kick off the 20th staging of the Illinois Women’s Open at Mistwood in Romeoville. Len Ziehm also provides a look at the upcoming International Crown.
Illinois Open to offer plenty of intrigue Jul 19, 2014 11:49 PM
The 65th Illinois Open golf tournament will have a record nine past champions and a record 81 amateurs in its starting field.
British Open challenge just what Johnson craves Jul 15, 2014 4:28 PM
Twenty-five players who competed in the John Deere Classic were on the tournament’s jet to the British Open on Sunday night, and golf columnist Len Ziehm says Zach Johnson figures to have the best chance of that group when the third major championship of the season tees off on Thursday at Royal Liverpool.
Tall order? Not for JDC champion Harman Jul 13, 2014 8:09 PM
Local heroes Zach Johnson and Steve Stricker were in the hunt and the weather couldn’t have been better. That assured the John Deere Classic of its best year for attendance and revenue since tournament director Clair Peterson invited Michelle Wie to spice up the field eight years ago.
Zach Johnson’s 67 earns share of JDC lead Jul 11, 2014 7:56 PM
The John Deere Classic isn’t Zach Johnson’s personal showcase. It just seems that way at times. Johnson gained a share of the first-round lead after shooting a 63 on Thursday. He added a 67 in Friday’s second round to hit the midway point in the tourney in a tie for the lead with William McGirt.
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- A trip back in time
- Use association ratings to evaluate judges
- Airstrikes on ISIS are getting us nowhere
- Contractor accused of bilking Aurora family
- Sente, Munger engaged in bitter battle for 59th House District
- O'Toole leads 1 upset for Illini, hopes for a 2nd
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Union says layoffs will hurt school cleanliness
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Pit bulls, pinot and patriots in Long Grove
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177)
- CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) WAREHOUSE - Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) EOE m/f/d/v Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4389574)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.