Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Wrestling
Like father, like son: Coaching suits Drach just fine Sep 19, 2014 1:38 PM
The football doesn’t fall far from the tee at Hobart College in western New York.
Geneva’s Navigato picks Buffalo Sep 17, 2014 10:13 PM
Some who’ve seen Geneva’s Nate Navigato play basketball believe the senior forward may be too unselfish. He’s not too unselfish for Bobby Hurley.
Delle Donne, Catchings fight illness, injury Jun 27, 2014 7:09 PM
Besides championships, fame and fortune, there’s probably nothing more important to elite athletes than their “own terms.” In other words, they want to dictate where they go, how long they stay, and when they finally say goodbye for good. No one wants to be pushed around, or worse yet, pushed out by someone or something else. Just ask Sky forward Elena Delle Donne, who’s got to be wondering if she will ultimately get to navigate her WNBA career on her terms, or if her Lyme Disease and its nasty flare-ups will have the final say. Meanwhile, Indiana Fever forward and former Chicago suburbanite Tamika Catchings has been fighting her own debilitating demon this season, which has led to some understandable questions about her “terms.”
Mundelein’s Parola fulfills legacy of all-around excellence Jun 14, 2014 4:57 PM
Mundelein three-sport athlete Derek Parola, the Daily Herald's Lake County male athlete of the year, shared much of his distinguished career with his father Todd, who coached him in golf and baseball.
Northwestern unveils new scoreboards for arena Jun 12, 2014 1:01 AM
Northwestern University athletics will add four high-definiton video scoreboard displays to Welsh-Ryan Arena for the 2014-15 school year.
Sandburg knocks out Naperville Central Jun 9, 2014 10:59 PM
Asked her pitching record after warming up, Sandburg left-hander Sarah Herold said she didn’t know. “We didn’t have a very good season,” she said. The Eagles were good enough Monday to oust Naperville Central from the state softball playoffs.
Wauconda’s Magiera will double up at Augustana Jun 2, 2014 9:22 PM
Wauconda football player and wrestler Nate Magiera plans on continuing each sport in college. He has selected Augustana in Rock Island, where he will be a member of coach Rob Cushman’s football program and coach Eric Juergens’ defending College of Illinois and Wisconsin champion wrestling squad.
Montini rolls to 7th straight championship Mar 1, 2014 10:10 PM
One week after crowning five Class 2A individual champions, the Montini wrestling squad achieved another milestone Saturday in Bloomington. The Broncos steamrolled Washington, Cahokia and Geneseo to win their seventh consecutive dual team state championship.
Hononegah finishes Libertyville’s stellar season Mar 1, 2014 9:03 PM
The star-studded and much-anticipated state dual-team quarterfinal between Libertyville and Hononegah turned out to be everything all had expected, unless you were proudly wearing the orange and black of Libertyville. The Wildcats (21-3-0) were bounced out of the tournament following a heartbreaking 32-24 loss Saturday at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington, thus ending a memorable season, as well as the wrestling careers of eight competitors in the Wildcats’ lineup Saturday.
Marmion takes third at team state Mar 1, 2014 10:49 PM
It was as tough a loss as Ryan Cumbee has ever experienced.
National power OPRF too much for Conant Mar 1, 2014 9:12 PM
Conant came to the Class 3A dual-team wrestling state tournament hoping to put a dent in the side of the favored club from Oak Park-River Forest. But in the Cougars' quarterfinal opener at U.S. Cellular Coliseum, Conant was in a hit-and-run with the Huskies, who rolled right past the MSL champions, as well as two other subsequent foes, en route to a state title late Saturday night. The No. 1-ranked Huskies (28-1-0) sent out a strong message to their latter victims, Hononegah and Marist, after rolling over Conant 59-9 to start their day.
State team wrestling: Scouting Northwest Mar 1, 2014 12:02 AM
Conant's never-say-die wrestling team is looking forward to the challenge it faces in Saturday's dual-team state quarterfinals against Oak Park-River Forest.
Harper wrestlers making national trip Feb 27, 2014 9:12 PM
Every junior college wrestler’s goal was to make it to Spokane, Wash., on the first weekend in March. And despite dropping out of this week’s NJCAA wrestling poll, ten Harper College wrestlers made that voyage and are competing in the national championships, which conclude Saturday at the Spokane Convention Center. Four Hawks are nationally ranked in their weight classes. At 184 pounds, No. 7 sophomore Mike Romanelli has the highest ranking for the Hawks.
Libertyville makes Elite Eight Feb 25, 2014 10:37 PM
With such a proud wrestling history, there have been plenty of great seasons at Libertyville. This one has to rank among the very best. The Wildcats are heading to the 3A dual-team state tournament after defeating Barrington 31-20 Tuesday in sectional action. The raucous crowd at Libertyville can follow their favorite team to U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington for a state quarterfinal matchup against Rockton Hononegah at 11 a.m. Saturday. The Indians (26-3-0) advanced to the tournament for the first time since 2005 after handling Prospect 56-6.
Montini win worth the trip Feb 25, 2014 10:06 PM
Imagine for a moment the two bus rides. For Chicago Westinghouse it measured 54 miles one way to Antioch High School. So that gave that team plenty of time to reflect on its mission. Simply knock out that team from Lombard and earn a trip to Bloomington for the team wrestling state meet.
Marmion earns another downstate voyage Feb 25, 2014 9:23 PM
Mt. Carmel wrestling coach John Kading knew the odds were not in favor of the Caravan in its Class 3A sectional dual against Marmion on Tuesday night at Marist. “We were hoping to win the coin toss, which we did,” Kading said. Not much else went right for Mt. Carmel the rest of the night in Chicago. Marmion won 10 of the 12 contested matches and cruised into the Elite Eight for the third time in the last five years with a 44-18 victory. The Cadets (13-3), the defending state runners-up, will face Plainfield Central, which turned back Moline at LaSalle-Peru, Saturday morning in Bloomington.
Fate frowns on Lakes as Harvard advances Feb 25, 2014 8:58 PM
Lakes can chalk this one up to the “it just wasn’t meant to be” category as the Eagles met Harvard in the Class 2A Antioch dual team wrestling sectional Tuesday night. Starting the meet at 132 pounds, the Hornets jumped out to a commanding 33-9 lead after eight matches on the way to a 57-12 victory over Lakes. With the outcome decided, the Eagles chose to forfeit the last four bouts, which certainly wasn’t their game plan headed into the meet. Harvard (22-5) advanced to the Elite Eight quarterfinals at 11 a.m. Saturday against Oak Forest at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington. After winning its first regional in school history, Lakes closed out the 2013-14 season with an 18-7 record.
Wrestling scoreboard: Tuesday’s results Feb 26, 2014 12:51 AM
Wrestling scoreboard: * CLASS 3A Team sectionals At Libertyville hononegah 56, prospect 6 106: Rader (RH) p. Lobomo :29; 113: Powers (RH) p. Pressing 2:58; 120: Rivera (Pros) d. Leppert 5-2; 126: Waterstreet (RH) d. Struczek 8-5; 132: Fausel (RH) d. Benway 13-1; 138: Silver (RH) p. S. Lobomo 1:57; 145: F. Silver (RH) t-fall Jasobr 4:19; 152: Mooney d. Zalapi 3-2 OT; 160: Benkovich (RH) p. Wroblewski 2:43; 170: Flower (RH) d. Megler 7-2; 182: DeMoss (RH) d. Strobel 15-6; 195: Wrede (Pros) d. Shahnkian 7-0; 220: Zulupi (RH) p. Ford 5:17; 285: Babcock (RH) d. Peek 8-2. * libertyville 31, barrington 20 106: Locosio (Lib) dec. Cysewski 4-2; 113: Stathakis (Barr) tech fall Potts 16-5; 120: Patino (Barr) dec. Schilling 6-4; 126: Polakowski (Lib) tech fall Golec 23-8; 132: Conrad (Barr) tech fall Johnson 12-4; 138: Minwegan (Barr) dec. Brooks 6-4; 145: Andrews (Lib) dec. Boundy 3-2; 152: Blake (Barr) dec. Potts 8-3; 160: Smith (Barr) dec. Bast 5-2; 170: MacCallum (Lib) tech fall Cysewski 18-6; 182: Koziol (Lib) tech fall Rasmussen 16-8; 195: Dunsing (Lib) dec. Thompson 3-2; 220: Barbian (Lib) dec. Burrishofer 2-0; 285: McDermand (Lib) pinned Zender 0:30 * At Conant Conant 27, Glenbard North 26 Oak Park-River Forest 40, Niles Notre Dame 27 * Class 3A Marist dual-team sectional Marmion 44, Mt. Carmel 18 106:Thomas (MC) fft; 113: Bosco (MAR) maj. dec. Mulay 13-4; 120: Jaffke (MAR) maj. dec Reilly 9-1; 126: Cheloni (MAR) pinned Hoey 3:54; 132: Jimenez (MAR) pinned Hall 3:22; 138: Callahan (MAR) dec. Tucker 2-0; 145: Guzior (MC) dec. M. Ferraro 7-6; 152: Brill (MC) fft; 160: Carello (MAR) dec. Riojas 9-3; 170: N. Ferraro (MAR) dec.Worker 5-1; 182: Traxler (MAR) dec. Mickens 4-3; 195: Myers (MAR) pinned Ryan 5:25; 220: Warren (MAR) pinned Davis 4:14; 285: Reyes (MC) dec. Garza 2-1 Class 2A Antioch dual team sectional Montini 60, Westinghouse 12 Class 1A Coal City dual team sectional Plano 48, Lisle 28
Dual-team sectional preview / Northwest Feb 24, 2014 4:18 PM
Here's a look at Tuesday's dual-team wrestling sectionals in Class 3A, from the perspective on Conant, Barrington and Prospect.
Wrestling scoreboard: Saturday’s results Feb 23, 2014 1:17 AM
Wrestling scoreboard: * State Individual meet At State Farm Arena, Champaign individual results 106 Pounds Championship: O’Connor (St. Rita) d. Renteria (Oak Park-River Forest) 10-4; Third: Fuentez (Glenbard East) d. Johansen (Glenbard North) 4-1; Fifth: McAuliffe (Marist) d. Stathakis (Barrington) 5-2. * 113 pounds Championship: Rossi (Lockport Twp.) d. Silva (Plainfield South) 7-0; Third: Gomez (Glenbard North) d. Yates (Brother Rice) 8-7; Fifth: Madrigal (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Koch (Grant) 6-4. * 120 pounds Championship: Williams (Thornwood) d. Polakowski (Libertyville) 2-1 (OTTB); Third: Merholz (Deerfield) m.d. Townsell (Oak Park-River Forest) 13-5; Fifth: Cullen (Cary-Grove) d. Duda (Marist) fft. * 126 pounds Championship: Jimenez (Marmion Acad.) d. Marmolejo (Glenbard North) 5-1; Third: Oster (Lockport Twp.) m.d. Thurston (Wheaton North) 17-3; Fifth: Robertson (Sandburg) d. Olson (Glenbard East) 6-1. * 132 pounds Championship: Cortez (Glenbard North) d. Nelson (Lincoln-Way Central) 3-1 (OTTB); Third: Alexander (Con) d. Hamden (Marist) 7-2; Fifth: Tucker (Mt. Carmel) d. Blanco (Brother Rice) inj.dflt. * 138 pounds Championship: White Jr. (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Leveille (Marist) 3-1; Third: Davis (Waubonsie Valley) m.d. Johnnic (Wheaton Warrenville South) 13-4; Fifth: Gil (Crystal Lake South d. Sheppard (Glenbard West) 6-2. * 145 pounds Championship: Early III (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Silva (Hononegah) 7-3; Third: Edmond (Hinsdale Central) d. Pellegrino (Sandburg) 12-9; Fifth: Barone (Crystal Lake South) d. Foster (Belleville West) 2-1 (OTTB) * 152 pounds Championship: Brill (Mt. Carmel) m.d. Higgins (Belleville West) 17-6; Third: Rundell (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Carello (Marmion Acad.) 6-2; Fifth: Rowland (Willowbrook) d. Guenther (Libertyville) 3-2. * 160 pounds Championship: Bey (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Parker (Warren) 10-5; Third: Andreotti (Marist) d. Brewster (Maine South) 6-0; Fifth: Dietz (Lockport Twp.) p. Krasowski (Sandburg) 2:39. * 170 pounds Championship: Mahomes (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Demoss (Hononegah) 7-3; Third: MacCallum (Libertyville) d. Gorman (Lincoln-Way Central 3-1; Fifth: Ferraro (Marmion Acad.) m.d. Worker (Mt. Carmel 16-8. * 182 pounds Championship: Emmerich (Deerfield) d. Brunner (Dundee-Crown) 5-3; Third: Benoit (Marist) d. Traxler (Marmion Acad.) 5-2; Fifth: Nohns (Community West) d. Foster (Bloom Twp.) 5-2. * 195 pounds Championship: Durbin (Lake Forest) d. Johnson (Lockport Twp.) 3-2 (OT UTB); Third: Lee (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Sterr (Plainfield Central) 9-5; Fifth: Stopka (Schaumburg) d. Meyers (Marmion Acad.) 10-5. * 220 pounds Championship: Hecox (Machesney Park Harlem) d. Hernandez (McHenry) 8-2; Third: Kent (Edwardsville) d. Warren (Marmion Acad.) 3-2; Fifth: Logan (Oak Park-River Forest) d. Daniello (Lake Park) 9-3. * 285 pounds Championship: Jones (Moline) d. Allen (Hinsdale Central) 3-2 (OT UTB); Third: Allegretti (Lincoln-Way East) m.d. McDermand (Libertyville) 11-3; Fifth: Hobbs (Downers Grove South) d. Ditchman (Lincoln-Way Central 3-1. *
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- No more excuses
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Our Lady of Destiny, St. Zachary schools in Des Plaines to partner up
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.