Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Will County
Metra riders not onboard with fare hike Nov 7, 2014 5:11 AM
Some commuters spoke their minds about a proprosed 14 percent hike to Metra monthly passes and other fare increases at a Thursday hearing. Metra leaders are expected to vote Nov. 14 on whether to approve the 2015 budget, which includes an average hike of 10.8 percent.
Dawn Patrol: Docs on abusive priests; Mt. Prospect, Aurora shootings Nov 6, 2014 6:01 AM
Chicago Archdiocese releasing more documents about abusive priests today. Arlington Heights men shot at in Mount Prospect. Two men hurt in Aurora shooting. Quinn concedes race to Rauner. Duckworth reflects on Election Day, pending motherhood. Wheaton bursting with pride for new lt. governor. DuPage political pendulum swings in favor of the GOP. Six men charged with drug crimes in Aurora. Oberweis: No plans for another run for Congress. Rose returns, Bulls beat Bucks 95-86.
Prosecutors ask court to reject Peterson appeal Nov 6, 2014 6:32 PM
Prosecutors on Thursday asked an Illinois court to reject Drew Peterson’s appeal of his murder conviction for the death of his third wife, arguing that overwhelming circumstantial evidence proved the former Bolingbrook police sergeant was, in fact, guilty.
Dawn Patrol: Rauner says he won, Quinn doesn’t; more from election Nov 5, 2014 5:01 AM
Rauner says he beat Quinn; Quinn doesn't. Rauner got big numbers in the suburbs. Republicans surge to control of U.S. Senate. Burglars drive car through Ferragamo store in Aurora. Toews ignites Blackhawks’ scoring spree.
Tight Will County sheriff’s race won’t be decided for days Nov 5, 2014 6:48 PM
The two candidates locked in a tight race for Will County sheriff say they don’t expect to know who won Tuesday’s election until Nov. 18. With all 310 precincts reporting, unofficial results show Republican Ken Kaupas leading Democrat Mike Kelly by just 170 votes — 94,085 to 93,915. With such a razor-thin margin, both men say they’ll have to wait until all the votes have been counted, including absentee, grace period and provisional ballots. That count is not expected to be completed until later this month.
Will County sheriff race too close to call Nov 4, 2014 11:41 PM
The race for Will County sheriff is so tight that it could take days to declare a winner. Just 242 votes separated the two candidates, with all precincts voting. But the unofficial tally does not include early votes, as well as provisional and late absentee ballots that could take days to count.
Dawn Patrol: All you need to know to vote; Maddon talks Cubs winning Nov 4, 2014 6:09 AM
All you need to know to vote today. New details on Bolingbrook man accused in terror support case. Waukegan man shot, killed by police in NorthShore Highland Park Hospital ER. Bolingbrook soccer coach charged with solicitation. Cruz trial experts dispute cause of newborn’s death. Probation, fine for Elgin woman who starved dog to death. Cook of the Week challenge winner: Jamie Andrade. Cubs welcome Maddon as new manager.
Woman in Joliet double murder gets life sentence Nov 4, 2014 6:50 PM
A 20-year-old woman has been sentenced to life in prison for her role in a grisly double murder in Joliet last year.
Dawn Patrol: Team climbs tower for boy; Kane County sets up election hotline Nov 3, 2014 6:00 AM
Team climbs Willis Tower in honor of Arlington Heights boy; Kane County sets up hotline for election complaints; toy soldiers provide history lesson at Cantigny; church celebrates its place in Algonquin history; Maddon’s agent: Talk of tampering by Cubs is ‘insulting’; turnover trouble dooms Blackhawks
Dawn Patrol: Cold Halloween weather coming; Neuqua Valley to reopen Oct 31, 2014 6:03 AM
Nasty Halloween weather coming today (but we have 10 things you can do today anyway). Neuqua Valley High School to reopen after bomb threat dismissed. Deal in Waukegan District 60, but schools still closed. Rolling Meadows police seek hit-and-run driver. Marian Hossa gets 1,000th point.
Dawn Patrol: Deal reached in Waukegan strike; jail cops indicted Oct 30, 2014 6:31 AM
No school again in Waukegan today. Former Lake County jail officers indicted over homeless man’s death. Attorney concerned with safety of woman who slashed daughter’s throat. Elgin man charged with murder. Durbin, Oberweis see red over environmental issues. Man accused of groping two haunted house employees in Aurora. Algonquin police chief to retire in December. Indications point to manager Joe Maddon, but Cubs mum.
Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs Oct 30, 2014 2:22 PM
To help ensure a safe Halloween, communities have established official hours for trick-or-treating activities in the suburbs. All times are Friday, Oct. 31.
Griffin: Carpentersville is 'violating' state law, attorney general says Oct 29, 2014 5:02 AM
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office believes the village of Carpentersville is "violating" state public records laws by refusing to release arrest reports involving a man who died less than 24 hours after a traffic stop. But state FOIA law does not provide for sanctions or punitive action. “FOIA is only as powerful as the attorney general enforcing it,” said Maryam Judar, of the Elmhurst-based Citizen Advocacy Center.
Dawn Patrol: Racial slur in District 93; chaotic Waukegan meeting Oct 29, 2014 5:51 AM
Substitute teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom. Waukegan school board meeting boils over. Libertyville High School grad known for academic pursuits dies in Iowa crash. Lawyers in murder trial argue baby died before birth. Car crashes into Oakbrook Center store. Blackhawks lose to Ducks.
Dawn Patrol: Fremd cheers Teacher of the Year; Elgin man stabbed Oct 28, 2014 8:37 AM
Fremd teacher welcomed home as Teacher of the Year. Elgin man stabbed during fight at park. Woman stable after being hit by a train. Lake Forest hospital gets boost from John Hughes family. DUI suspect slams into Hoffman Estates school. Fire damages Batavia apartments. Chicago Bears ‘deserve the criticism.’
2 injured in trailer accident at pumpkin farm Oct 27, 2014 4:21 PM
Authorities say at least two people were injured when a tractor tipped during a tractor ride at a popular Southwest suburban pumpkin farm.
Dawn Patrol: Bears routed by Patriots; benefit concert tonight Oct 27, 2014 5:51 AM
Irish tenor’s concert tonight to benefit Arlington Hts. family; Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse; Gold, Brown earn bronze at Sears Centre; train strikes pedestrian in Antioch; new disagreement in Dist. 60 teacher’s strike: school lunches; Bears have complete breakdown in blowout; Darling makes NHL debut a winner for Blackhawks
Quinn orders 21-day quarantine for Ebola patient contacts Oct 24, 2014 11:38 PM
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced Friday that he has ordered the Illinois Department of Public Health to require a mandatory 21-day home quarantine for “high-risk” individuals who have had direct contact with anyone infected with the Ebola virus while in Liberia, Sierra Leone or Guinea.
Dawn Patrol: Joe Biden in Vernon Hills; Batavia police seek cop attacker Oct 23, 2014 5:50 AM
Vice President Biden in Vernon Hills. Waukegan teachers strike continues. Batavia police looking for man who attacked officer. Carpentersville defies ruling to release post-traffic stop death details. Prospect Hts. man killed in Indiana crash. Long Grove man dies in crash. Prospect Hts. police save man from heroin overdose. Butler injury hopefully heals quick.
Dawn Patrol: 2 passengers into O’Hare monitored; Biden in Vernon Hills Oct 22, 2014 6:09 AM
Passengers flying into O'Hare quarantined with Ebola-like symptoms. Vernon Hills preparing for Vice President Joe Biden’s visit today. Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns with sex toys at haunted house. Naperville police looking for person of interest in inappropriate contact case. Elk Grove Village police make arrest in bank robbery. Lombard synangogue vandalized. Former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee dies. Hawks power their way to shutout win.
- Palatine boosters support family of runner hit by car
- Highlights of testimony in Michael Brown shooting
- The Shanty Restaurant receives top state award
- Could CSO site disrupt DuPage's blue heron population?
- Chaos in Ferguson after no indictment announced
- Universities asked to explore budget cuts
- Airlines waive rebooking fees as storm delays fliers
- Free meals offered on Thanksgiving
- New St. Charles anti-prostitution rules get early approval
- Railroads sound alarm ahead of Chicago gridlock redux
- 12-year-old suburban girl missing
- Missing Hoffman Estates girl found in Mount Prospect
- More than 30 horses killed in barn fire
- Suburbs see slight snow accumulation
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Mount Prospect denies officer's discrimination complaint
- Wheaton pedestrian struck, killed on Roosevelt Road
- Matt Czuchry previews his biggest 'Good Wife' episode
- Bloomingdale teen gets probation for robbery spree
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- Palatine HS cross country runner hit by car; driver cited
- Sales tax hike would fund transportation projects
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop; violence erupts
- South Elgin fifth-graders get lesson on flag
- Plan: Bring homeless to facility near Lake Zurich
- Anger over bag fee, legroom cut surprises JetBlue
- Palatine boosters support family of runner hit by car
- Could CSO site disrupt DuPage's blue heron population?
- Are Bears getting Lions at the right time?
- Highlights of testimony in Michael Brown shooting
- DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT - Accounting: Hospira, Inc. seeks Director, Internal Audit in Lake Forest, IL. Perform annual risk assessment to build annual audit plan. Progress the Enterprise Risk Management program. Coordinate SOX PMO & ext auditors. Up to 25% travel, 6-7 one or two week trips. REQs: Bachelors in Acctg, Finance, or Biz Admin & 7 yrs exp in auditing or acctg. Must have CPA, CIA, CA, or other acctg rel cert. Must have work exp w: FCPA & anti-bribery regs; Supervising acctg or auditing personnel; Reviewing 3rd party contracts; Utilizing U.S. GAAP & assess impact of financial stmts on U.S. & non-U.S. based affiliates; Applying foreign-based ethical business models to multinational companies; and Public acctg. Interested applicants: send resume to: email@example.com ref REQ#: IL0013 (id:4390984) UNARMED SECURITY OFFICERS - Security for large corporate financial services location in Riverwoods, IL. Positions starting at $12-hr. Apply online: whelansecurity.com (id:4391943) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance Immediate Openings Industrial Maintenance Mechanics 2nd/3rd shift Gonnella Baking Company, a leader in the baking industry, has immediate openings for qualified industrial line maintenance mechanics at our Aurora IL baking facilities. The ideal candidates will have experience in preventative/ predictive maintenance, expertise with high speed bakery production equipment, power transmissions, variable speed drives, pneumatics, and hydraulics. A strong electrical background is a plus. Qualified applicants may send a resume to: Gonnella Baking Company 1117 E. Wiley Road Schaumburg, IL 60173 or fax to 847-884-8857 attention Human Resources. In addition you may apply on line at: www.gonnella.com and click on the Employment tab. (id:4391820)
- OFFICE - Office -Contractor in NW sub area seeks Cust. srv rep/dispatcher must be cust focus & have exc. communication skills. Duties incl answering phones, dispatching service technicians, receiving & ordering parts. This is a PT opportunity for the potential of a FT position. Pls fax resume 847-359-5119 (id:4390375) SHIPPING & RECEIVING - Warehouse-Schaumburg Co. seeks dependable person w/positive attitude to work shipping & receiving, entry level position, apply at 1670 Basswood Rd. E.O.E no phone calls please (id:4391654) MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT - Podiatric practice in Itasca is looking for an experienced Medical receptionist-assistant immediately. 30+ hours must possess medical background, excellent computer skills. Duties will include scheduling, patient charting, call outs, verification of benefits. Assisting in patient check in with H and P, vitals and x-rays. All overflow of office charting-paperwork. Fax resume to: (630)773-3695. or mail to: Itasca Foot and Ankle, Ltd. 209 N Walnut St Itasca IL 60143 (id:4390839)
- MOBILE FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS - Mobile Field Service Technician 2nd Shift 3:30pm -12:00am Inland Power Group has openings for the following position at our Carol Stream facility. Minimum of 3 years of experience in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of heavy duty diesel powered equipment including chassis repairs. -Ability to work with limited or no supervision at customer locations. Must enjoy working outside. -Ability to effectively communicate with customers and company personnel in both written and verbal basis. -Must possess a valid CDL with a clear record. -ASE Certification is also required. -A company vehicle is provided. Must have your own tools and be available for overtime and weekends as needed. Post high school or other training/education in the Diesel Engine repair or related field would be considered a plus. Specific knowledge with Detroit Diesel, Mercedes Benz Diesel and/or Allison Transmission experience is definitely a plus. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Our employees are represented by IAM Local 701. Submit resume along with salary requirements to or apply at: Inland Power Group 210 Alexandra Way Carol Stream, IL 60188 Attention: Human Resources Manager Female and Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391769) AUTO - AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTS WE OFFER AN OUTSTANDING PAY PLAN! This is an opportunity to work for an established and growing company that is on the cutting edge of the modern automotive industry Pre-Own- ed of St. Charles, located in West Chicago is an employee- centered business with unlimited room for advancement! Auto sales is one of most financially rewarding professions available without a lengthy education! Pre-Owned of St. Charles is seeking bright, motivated, driven Sales Professionals to sell new and pre-owned vehicles! RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: -Determine each customer's vehicle needs and wants by asking questions and listening. -Demonstrate vehicles including test drives. -Maintain a prospect development system. -Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. -Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep informed of technological changes in the products. -Bi-lingual a plus!! English/Spanish -Must have valid Drivers License Candidates with previous automotive sales experience are preferred. Great benefits including: -Medical, dental & 401K! -A friendly, comfortable work environment! -A work environment that encourages you to rise to your full potential! -Opportunities to advance within the company! -To be customer service oriented! -To expect more than just a paycheck -No Sundays APPLY IN PERSON AT: PRE-OWNED OF ST. CHARLES 27W261 North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 Ask for Dino (id:4390308) SENIOR MARKETING DATA ANALYST - Anthem Marketing Solutions is seeking a Sr Marketing Data Analyst in Chicago, IL: MS in Marketing, Finance, Economics or Statistics. 2 years prior experience. Exp. must include: design, manage, and deliver client analyses including multi-variate acquisition models, segmentation studies and customer profiling; design and build customized analytic software tools, including SAS macros, Excel VBA reports, advanced SQL database procedures and Tableau dashboards; manage client analytic projects including client communication, internal team management, scheduling, and the packaging and presentation of final strategy, analysis and recommendations; collaborate with client and lead internal team to identify analytic objectives, approaches, and hypothesis. Submit resume to email@example.com reference Code #103187 in subject line. (id:4391095)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.