Activate Your Free
Articles filed under West Leyden High School
Haas has hot hand in Hersey win Nov 24, 2014 11:57 PM
Senior guard Payton Haas led the way to a season-opening win for Hersey. Haas had a team-best 18-points with a pair of 3-pointers as the Huskies topped Glenbrook North 63-60 in tournament play Monday at Niles West.
Fremd rolls past Cary-Grove at Lakes Nov 22, 2014 11:48 PM
Fremd’s girls basketball team continued its run through the Turkey Thriller with a perfect record by defeating Cary-Grove 67-40 at Lakes High School on Saturday afternoon.Duke recruit Haley Gorecki struck for a season -high 25 points, while also collecting 5 steals and with 4 assists.
Leyden wins coach Kuzmanic’s first game Nov 19, 2014 12:24 AM
Stephanie Kuzmanic did a lot of winning as a four-year starting guard at Wheeling High School and Carthage College in Kenosha. So it was quite appropriate her coaching career started with a win as well. Making her debut as Leyden’s girls basketball coach on Tuesday night in Bensenville, Kuzmanic’s Eagles posted a 52-48 victory in overtime over host Fenton.
Girls basketball: Scouting Leyden Nov 17, 2014 8:44 PM
Here's what to expect from Leyden's girls basketball team, led by first-year coach Stephanie Kuzmanic, this season.
Girls volleyball: Northwest all-area team Nov 6, 2014 12:24 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest girls volleyball all-area team.
Boys soccer: Northwest roundup Oct 21, 2014 10:14 PM
Sean King and Zach Masciopinto had goals to help 14th-seeded Buffalo Grove stun North Suburban Conference champion and top Palatine sectional seed Warren 2-1 in the Class 3A boys soccer playoffs Tuesday.
Girls volleyball: Hersey makes Pumpkin finale Oct 18, 2014 10:49 PM
If Hersey’s girls volleyball team was looking for momentum heading into Thursday’s Mid-Suburban League championship match, the Huskies found it Saturday in Des Plaines. For the first time in years, they advanced to the title match of the 16-team Maine West Pumpkin Invite. Sandburg won the championship 25-18, 28-26 after Hersey defeated Lyons 25-23, 25-23 in the semifinals. The Huskies also netted a 25-18, 25-23 triumph over Riverside-Brookfield in the quarterfinals and defeated Lockport (25-22 20-25 25-21) and Conant (25-16, 25-8) in Friday’s pool play.
Girls basketball: Kuzmanic returns to preps as Leyden’s head coach Oct 15, 2014 3:43 PM
Stephanie Kuzmanic had an outstanding career as a basketball player. Now she hopes to do the same as a coach. This past summer, Kuzmanic was chosen to direct the Leyden girls basketball program. The announcement came only a few months after she finished her collegiate career as the Capital One Academic all-American “Player of the Year” for NCAA Division III women’s basketball. She was a first-team All-America selection with a 4.0 cumulative grade-point average.
Fremd bounces back at Barrington Sep 17, 2014 11:32 PM
Fremd’s girls volleyball team didn’t have to wait long to get back on the winning track in the Mid-Suburban West. One night after dropping a two-set decision to first-place Schaumburg, the Vikings topped host Barrington 25-19, 25-20 on Wednesday night.
Hersey takes charge in MSL East Sep 16, 2014 11:49 PM
Eleven-time defending Mid-Suburban East girls volleyball champion Hersey is once again in the driver’s seat for another crown.Rallying from a first-set deficit, the Huskies came up with a 25-22, 25-17 victory at the Ken Carter Gymnasium on Tuesday night.
Fremd keeps share of West lead Sep 10, 2014 11:02 PM
The Fremd girls volleyball team, led by senior outside hitter Lane Hindenburg’s 9 kills, remained in a first-place tie with Schaumburg in the Mid-Suburban West after a 25-23, 25-9 victory over visiting Conant on Wednesday night.
Terrell, Wheeling rise to the occasion Sep 9, 2014 11:28 PM
Wheeling’s girls volleyball team improved to 7-8 and 2-0 in the Mid-Suburban East with a 25-13, 26-24 victory at Elk Grove on Tuesday.
Girls volleyball / Northwest roundup Sep 4, 2014 10:56 PM
Hersey’s girls volleyball team, seeking a 12th straight Mid-Suburban East title, opened its bid in 2014 with a 25-20, 25-17 victory at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights. Gabri Olhava led the Huskies’ attack with 7 kills, followed by Liz Fuerst (4), Zoe Strozewski (4), Caity Strozewski (3) and Kelly Hill (3).
Leyden aims to take flight with Pajor Aug 21, 2014 10:00 PM
Running their usual conventional offense, Leyden football coach Tom Cerasani expects the Eagles to run the ball about 60 percent of the time. That means the ball will be in the air the other 40 percent of the time. And that should be a good thing. “We do expect to be very strong throwing the ball this year,” Cerasani said.
Antioch finally stops stubborn St. Viator May 31, 2014 10:30 PM
St. Viator's softball season came to an end on Saturday but not before the Lions made one final rally in its own Class 3A regional championship. Trailing 6-1, No. 4-seeded St. Viator got back to within 6-5 with 4 runs in the fourth inning before No. 5 Antioch was able to put away a 9-5 victory and advance to the Norridge sectional.
Barges, Elk Grove power past Elgin May 28, 2014 11:46 PM
Brooke Barges belted 2 home runs and Aleece Duffy had one as Elk Grove powered its way into Saturday’s championship game of the St. Charles East regional championship with a 13-2 victory over Elgin in five innings. Hall of Fame coach Ken Grams’ Grenadiers, seeded No. 6, will face No. 3 St. Charles East at 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Softball / Playoff scouting, Northwest May 24, 2014 9:27 PM
The path to East Peoria for the 2014 IHSA state softball tourney begins today for six area teams who are competing in play-in games for Class 4A regionals. Regional semifinals take place on Tuesday and Wednesday with most championships on Saturday. One exception is the Cary-Grove regional where the title game is scheduled for Friday.
Daily Herald Prep Excellence award winners May 4, 2014 8:29 PM
The Daily Herald's Prep Sports Excellence event Sunday at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates provided a platform to recognize some amazing achievements from the finest high school athletes and coaches. Here are our winners in the categories of dazzling moment, overcoming obstacles, sportsmanship and spirit.
Schaumburg grabs share of West lead Apr 25, 2014 10:50 PM
Schaumburg’s softball team moved into a first-place tie with Conant (9-0, 6-0) in the Mid-Suburban West with its 16-2 five-inning victory at Palatine on Friday. The Saxons (13-4, 6-0) received a 4-hitter from junior Shannon Felde (6-1), who struck out six while junior shortstop Elaine Walker helped ignite the offense by going 2-for-4 with a home run, double and 2 RBI. Classmate Roxanne Kakareka also belted a homer for Saxons and collected 4 RBI.
St. Charles North downs Leyden in opener Mar 26, 2014 10:05 PM
Every season opener has a different feel to it. In the case of St. Charles North’s boys volleyball team, that different feel includes several varsity newcomers hoping to blend in with veterans Nic Cook and Jack Bujko.
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop; violence erupts
- Lake County eatery a Delicious Destination
- Highlights of testimony in Michael Brown shooting
- Chaos in Ferguson after no indictment announced
- Two juvenile escapees accused of arson, burglary in Antioch
- Dawn Patrol: Protests in Chicago after Ferguson cop not indicted
- Could CSO site disrupt DuPage's blue heron population?
- FAA avoids taking blame for Aurora sabotage
- Teen critically injured in Gurnee crash
- Big questions ahead of Illini-Northwestern game
- 12-year-old suburban girl missing
- Missing Hoffman Estates girl found in Mount Prospect
- More than 30 horses killed in barn fire
- Suburbs see slight snow accumulation
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Mount Prospect denies officer's discrimination complaint
- Wheaton pedestrian struck, killed on Roosevelt Road
- Matt Czuchry previews his biggest 'Good Wife' episode
- Bloomingdale teen gets probation for robbery spree
- Prosecutor: 'The defendant hunted the victim down'
- GOP shapes plan to fight Obama over immigration
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ferguson cop; violence erupts
- Waukegan police searching for gunman
- I stopped eating food that comes in a package and I've never felt better.
- Anger over bag fee, legroom cut surprises JetBlue
- Rozner: Forte takes pounding, keeps grinding
- Constable: Bears make teen's wish come true
- Palatine boosters support family of runner hit by car
- Editorial: Sinister signals: Lawmakers show their loyalties with vote on union staffing bill
- Are Bears getting Lions at the right time?
- DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT - Accounting: Hospira, Inc. seeks Director, Internal Audit in Lake Forest, IL. Perform annual risk assessment to build annual audit plan. Progress the Enterprise Risk Management program. Coordinate SOX PMO & ext auditors. Up to 25% travel, 6-7 one or two week trips. REQs: Bachelors in Acctg, Finance, or Biz Admin & 7 yrs exp in auditing or acctg. Must have CPA, CIA, CA, or other acctg rel cert. Must have work exp w: FCPA & anti-bribery regs; Supervising acctg or auditing personnel; Reviewing 3rd party contracts; Utilizing U.S. GAAP & assess impact of financial stmts on U.S. & non-U.S. based affiliates; Applying foreign-based ethical business models to multinational companies; and Public acctg. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org ref REQ#: IL0013 (id:4390984) UNARMED SECURITY OFFICERS - Security for large corporate financial services location in Riverwoods, IL. Positions starting at $12-hr. Apply online: whelansecurity.com (id:4391943) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance Immediate Openings Industrial Maintenance Mechanics 2nd/3rd shift Gonnella Baking Company, a leader in the baking industry, has immediate openings for qualified industrial line maintenance mechanics at our Aurora IL baking facilities. The ideal candidates will have experience in preventative/ predictive maintenance, expertise with high speed bakery production equipment, power transmissions, variable speed drives, pneumatics, and hydraulics. A strong electrical background is a plus. Qualified applicants may send a resume to: Gonnella Baking Company 1117 E. Wiley Road Schaumburg, IL 60173 or fax to 847-884-8857 attention Human Resources. In addition you may apply on line at: www.gonnella.com and click on the Employment tab. (id:4391820)
- OFFICE - Office -Contractor in NW sub area seeks Cust. srv rep/dispatcher must be cust focus & have exc. communication skills. Duties incl answering phones, dispatching service technicians, receiving & ordering parts. This is a PT opportunity for the potential of a FT position. Pls fax resume 847-359-5119 (id:4390375) SHIPPING & RECEIVING - Warehouse-Schaumburg Co. seeks dependable person w/positive attitude to work shipping & receiving, entry level position, apply at 1670 Basswood Rd. E.O.E no phone calls please (id:4391654) MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT - Podiatric practice in Itasca is looking for an experienced Medical receptionist-assistant immediately. 30+ hours must possess medical background, excellent computer skills. Duties will include scheduling, patient charting, call outs, verification of benefits. Assisting in patient check in with H and P, vitals and x-rays. All overflow of office charting-paperwork. Fax resume to: (630)773-3695. or mail to: Itasca Foot and Ankle, Ltd. 209 N Walnut St Itasca IL 60143 (id:4390839)
- MOBILE FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIANS - Mobile Field Service Technician 2nd Shift 3:30pm -12:00am Inland Power Group has openings for the following position at our Carol Stream facility. Minimum of 3 years of experience in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of heavy duty diesel powered equipment including chassis repairs. -Ability to work with limited or no supervision at customer locations. Must enjoy working outside. -Ability to effectively communicate with customers and company personnel in both written and verbal basis. -Must possess a valid CDL with a clear record. -ASE Certification is also required. -A company vehicle is provided. Must have your own tools and be available for overtime and weekends as needed. Post high school or other training/education in the Diesel Engine repair or related field would be considered a plus. Specific knowledge with Detroit Diesel, Mercedes Benz Diesel and/or Allison Transmission experience is definitely a plus. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Our employees are represented by IAM Local 701. Submit resume along with salary requirements to or apply at: Inland Power Group 210 Alexandra Way Carol Stream, IL 60188 Attention: Human Resources Manager Female and Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer Email: email@example.com (id:4391769) AUTO - AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTS WE OFFER AN OUTSTANDING PAY PLAN! This is an opportunity to work for an established and growing company that is on the cutting edge of the modern automotive industry Pre-Own- ed of St. Charles, located in West Chicago is an employee- centered business with unlimited room for advancement! Auto sales is one of most financially rewarding professions available without a lengthy education! Pre-Owned of St. Charles is seeking bright, motivated, driven Sales Professionals to sell new and pre-owned vehicles! RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: -Determine each customer's vehicle needs and wants by asking questions and listening. -Demonstrate vehicles including test drives. -Maintain a prospect development system. -Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business. -Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep informed of technological changes in the products. -Bi-lingual a plus!! English/Spanish -Must have valid Drivers License Candidates with previous automotive sales experience are preferred. Great benefits including: -Medical, dental & 401K! -A friendly, comfortable work environment! -A work environment that encourages you to rise to your full potential! -Opportunities to advance within the company! -To be customer service oriented! -To expect more than just a paycheck -No Sundays APPLY IN PERSON AT: PRE-OWNED OF ST. CHARLES 27W261 North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 Ask for Dino (id:4390308) SENIOR MARKETING DATA ANALYST - Anthem Marketing Solutions is seeking a Sr Marketing Data Analyst in Chicago, IL: MS in Marketing, Finance, Economics or Statistics. 2 years prior experience. Exp. must include: design, manage, and deliver client analyses including multi-variate acquisition models, segmentation studies and customer profiling; design and build customized analytic software tools, including SAS macros, Excel VBA reports, advanced SQL database procedures and Tableau dashboards; manage client analytic projects including client communication, internal team management, scheduling, and the packaging and presentation of final strategy, analysis and recommendations; collaborate with client and lead internal team to identify analytic objectives, approaches, and hypothesis. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org reference Code #103187 in subject line. (id:4391095)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.