Activate Your Free
Articles filed under West Chicago
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Marcel’s Culinary Experience, Glen Ellyn, Announces New Gift Boxes, Private/Corporate Event Options Oct 31, 2014 4:52 PM
Marcel’s Culinary Experience (www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retail store and recreational cooking school in downtown Glen Ellyn, is gearing up for the year-end holidays with new gift boxes and private event options. “With the improving economy, our customers are getting into holiday mode earlier this year. Many weekend evenings already are booked with corporate and family holiday parties, and we’ve been getting inquiries about gift baskets and boxes for a while,” says Marcel’s Proprietor Jill Foucré. With gift giving and entertaining in mind, Marcel’s staff has assembled six collections of small-batch specialty foods, starting at $75, that come attractively packaged in a Marcel’s branded box for pick up at the store or shipment anywhere in North America. Themes include Taste of Italy, Party Starter and Marcel’s Favorites (as selected by the staff). Many items are made by Chicago area and regional purveyors. “We also can create custom-designed gift baskets or boxes, based on a customer’s preferred theme and budget, and we can even include a bottle of wine,” says Foucré. She encourages individuals and corporate event planners looking to create fun, food-oriented holiday parties, private group classes and other special events to contact her soon, especially if they have a specific date in mind. “Weekends are booking up quickly, as is the entire month of December,” she says. Since its September 2011 opening, Marcel’s has been the site of an increasing number of private events, including birthday and anniversary parties, baby and bridal showers, club meetings, corporate team-building outings, and company celebrations of all types. With its beautifully appointed, professional quality kitchen, skilled chefs, and wide choice of menus, Marcel’s lends itself to a variety of event themes and formats. Options range from cocktail parties to demonstration and participatory cooking classes for all skill levels (including kids and teens) to seated meals and everything in between. “Guests can create an unforgettable meal under the guidance of one of our professional chefs, or they can sit back, relax, savor a glass of wine and watch as our chef takes the reins on their culinary journey,” says Foucré. The Marcel’s staff works with each host to tailor the menu, beverages and guest participation levels according to the specific budget. Events typically range from 10 to 60 people, depending on format and events for smaller groups are available as well. In addition to food and beverages prepared and served at each event, guests receive copies of the featured recipes, a Marcel’s apron, and a 10% discount on all purchases made at Marcel’s that day. For more information about gift boxes or hosting a party or other event at Marcel’s Culinary Experience, stop by the store at 490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn, call 630-790-8500 or visit www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.
West Nile virus risk project results to be revealed at public meeting Oct 31, 2014 6:23 PM
The DuPage County Health Department will host a public meeting on Thursday, Nov. 6, 2014 from 1 to 1:45 p.m. to provide research results regarding West Nile virus risk in DuPage County and the model developed to improve the health risk assessment process.
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
The Tech Doctors Inc. earn Microsoft Silver Small, Midmarket Cloud Solutions Competency Oct 30, 2014 4:17 PM
The Tech Doctors Inc. in Wheaton announced it has achieved a Silver Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency, demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
St. Charles Clean as a Whisker grand opening offers free pet grooming Oct 27, 2014 4:12 PM
Clean as a Whisker Pet Grooming is set to open Monday, Nov. 3, at 322 W. Main St. in downtown St. Charles. As a grand opening special, they are offering free grooming for their new clientele. Ongoing specials will be $5 walk-in nail trims with no appointment necessary.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Generations gather for West Chicago fall festival Oct 26, 2014 5:40 PM
There’s Halloween, with its pumpkins and hay rides and slight little scares. And then there’s Halloween, with its make-you-scream frights. Throughout its annual Fall Festival, Sonny Acres Farm in West Chicago has a bit of both brands of the October event.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
DuPage forest preserve candidates differ over taxes Oct 24, 2014 8:01 PM
Two DuPage County Forest Preserve candidates disagree about what should happen to millions of dollars in property tax revenue after the district is done repaying part of its debt.
Suburban Hindus usher in New Year with colorful feast Oct 24, 2014 6:26 PM
Suburban Hindus marked Diwali, the New Year, in grand fashion Friday. Dressed in their finest, thousands of worshippers toured a public exhibit at the Bartlett temple. "It’s an excellent way not only to romanticize our past but also to come back to the present and see how colorful our culture is,” said Harish Patel, who lives in Bartlett. “There’s all this pomp and gaiety going around with it.”
Wayne Township, biking enthusiasts finishing blueprint to ‘bike culture’ Oct 23, 2014 6:24 PM
A public-private group working to transform Wayne Township into a safe destination for bicyclists will complete their blueprint by the end of the year before campaigning suburban leaders to open their purse strings. “It's going to be a very doable plan," said Terry Witt, the owner of a Bartlett bike shop.
Illinois wants U.S. help to clean up West Chicago site Oct 22, 2014 7:30 AM
Illinois Republicans are urging the Obama administration to make good on a 1992 promise to clean up an abandoned atomic manufacturing site in West Chicago.
Roskam: Feds may help fund W. Chicago thorium cleanup Oct 22, 2014 9:30 PM
U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam says progress has been made to find funding for the removal of thorium waste from a former factory site in West Chicago. The U.S. Department of Energy, he said, has agreed to consider paying claims for remediation of radioactive contamination stemming from federal atomic energy programs in the 1970s. Roskam learned of the department's decision this week in a letter from Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz.
Dealership employees to help out at Habitat site; auto dealer to donate 2014 car Oct 23, 2014 1:44 PM
On Sunday, Oct. 26, a dozen volunteers from Fox Valley Auto Group will join in demolishing a fire-damaged home in Aurora for the Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers from dealerships in St. Charles, West Chicago and Schaumburg are expected for the first of two consecutive Sundays of deconstruction at the 911 W. Galena Blvd. site from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Lawmakers press for more thorium cleanup money Oct 21, 2014 5:30 AM
With money running out to pay for removal of radioactive thorium waste at a former factory site in West Chicago, local officials are appealing to the federal government for help. So far, their request for as much as $40 million in federal funding for the cleanup hasn’t been granted.
COD, Easter Seals celebrate 15-year photo collaboration Oct 20, 2014 4:24 PM
Celebrating a 15-year collaboration between College of DuPage and Easter Seals DuPage and the Fox Valley Region, the college recently hosted a reception, highlighting student photographic works featuring Easter Seals clients.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- A trip back in time
- Three charged with robbing 7-Eleven stores
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Imrem: For Bulls, no Rose injury is minor
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Lake County Clerk Wyckoff: Candidate Profile
- Our endorsement: Cross for Illinois treasurer
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Pit bulls, pinot and patriots in Long Grove
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177)
- CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) WAREHOUSE - Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) EOE m/f/d/v Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg, has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4389574)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.