Activate Your Free
Articles filed under West Aurora Unit District 129
Kiwanis Club of Aurora readying for “Coats for Kids” Oct 27, 2014 3:39 PM
This winter, the Kiwanis Club of Aurora is part of a citywide effort of getting coats to needy children. The effort is called “Coats for Kids.” This year, they hope to raise some $22,000 from the community and to distribute some 2,000 coats to needy students at the elementary through high school level at West Aurora Unit District 129; East Aurora Unit District 131; Indian Prairie District 204, and Oswego District 308. Coats are going to be distributed Oct. 29-30 to some 29 schools based on a need assessment by the school’s social worker.
W. Aurora Dist. 129 seeks at-large board members Sep 19, 2014 2:24 PM
The Superintendent's Community Advisory Council for West Aurora Unit District 129 is seeking five to seven active community members to serve as at-large members.
Fox Valley Park District troupe to stage ‘Hairspray’ Jul 16, 2014 3:13 PM
Everything about “Hairspray” is big. The powerful, soul-stirring music. The spectacular sets. The dazzlingly colorful costumes. The bouffant hairdos. The production will have a huge presence this weekend, as the Fox Valley Park District’s Summer Stage presents “Hairspray” for four shows — Friday, July 18 through Sunday, July 20 — at West Aurora High School.
Man gets probation for role in Aurora teen’s murder Jul 2, 2014 12:11 PM
The second of three people charged in the 2013 murder of an Aurora teen pleaded guilty to reduced charges and was sentenced to 18 months probation. Jose M. Becerra, 22, of Oswego, pleaded guilty to attempted obstruction of justice in the death of Abigial Villalpando, 18. Juan Garnica, 20, was sentenced to 30 years last month for her murder.
2,000 bilingual books find good home in West Aurora 129 May 22, 2014 8:31 PM
Todd Early Learning Center Principal Laurie Klomhaus was interested when she was told the Elburn Lions Club had some Spanish-English children's books it could give to her. "You say 'free,' and I'm there," she said, for anything that will help her students, at-risk preschoolers. "Some" turned out to be 2,000 new board books.
West Aurora to add JROTC May 20, 2014 5:30 AM
West Aurora School District 129 will offer Air Force Junior Officre Reserve Training Corps to students starting this fall.
Kaneland High, Nicholson schools receive state honors May 15, 2014 6:06 PM
Kaneland High School in Maple Park and Nicholson Elementary School in Montgomery were praised by state school superintendent Christopher Koch, as he bestowed Academic Improvement awards at a ceremony at Kaneland.
2013-14 Fox Valley Academic Team honorable mentions May 8, 2014 3:00 PM
2013-14 Fox Valley Academic Team honorable mentions
Meet the 2013-2014 Fox Valley Academic Team May 8, 2014 3:34 PM
"Throughout my life, I have never been satisfied with simply meeting the minimum requirements," Kevin Wilde of Cary-Grove High School writes in an essay. "While some people may ask, 'What is the least amount of work I need to do to get by?' I ask, 'What could I do to get the most out of this situation?'" Wilde, who was named to the Daily Herald's Fox Valley Academic Team for 2013-14, is not alone in his mindset. The students on the team look for opportunities to not only further their own achievements, but to lead, and to make a difference.
Aurora man to fill vacancy on Dist. 129 board Apr 8, 2014 5:19 PM
An Aurora man has been appointed to fill a vacancy on the West Aurora District 129 school board. Ira Lathan, a former mathematics teacher, takes over for Angela Smith, who resigned in March.
District 129 parents can learn about STEM school Mar 21, 2014 1:26 PM
West Aurora Unit District 129 parents who are interested in enrolling their children in the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School are invited to attend a parent information meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 25, in the West Aurora High School cafeteria in Aurora.
West Aurora school trustee resigns Mar 4, 2014 4:20 PM
The West Aurora school board needs a new member, after Angela Smith resigned Monday. Smith said responsibilities at her job were taking up more of ther time.
Attorney: Victim in West Aurora sex abuse lawsuit showed courage Feb 9, 2014 5:18 PM
A former West Aurora High School student who sued West Aurora District 129 for not protecting her from sexual abuse at the hands of a band teacher and failing to report suspicions to state officials has shown a tremendous amount of courage, her attorney said. “I just feel great that my client had enough courage to stand up and participate in civil proceedings and the criminal case.”
West Aurora district names ex-Oswego principal superintendent Feb 4, 2014 6:54 PM
The West Aurora school board chose a replacement Monday for Superintendent Jim Rydland, who is retiring at the end of the school year. Jeffrey Craig, who used to be the principal at Oswego East High School, will start a transition to the district this week.
West Aurora Dist. 129 settles sex abuse lawsuit Feb 4, 2014 6:51 PM
A confidential settlement has been reached in a lawsuit filed by a former West Aurora High School student who was sexually abused by a former band director. The girl, identified only as Jane Doe, sued District 129, Superintendent Jim Rydland and former principal Dan Bridges for failing to protect her and report suspected abuse to DCFS. The matter prompted the Kane County state's attorney's office to enter into a five-year deferred prosecution program requiring all current and new district staff to be trained in their mandated reporting duties.
Aurora parents can get FAFSA help tonight Feb 3, 2014 5:45 PM
Aurora area high school seniors and their parents can receive assistance in filling out the standard college financial aid application known as FAFSA from 6 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 5. It stands for “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” because it is filed with the U.S. Department of Education, but most state-sponsored and college-sponsored aid requires the same application.
Suburban events Saturday being canceled due to snow Feb 1, 2014 8:09 AM
With a major winter storm looming Friday night, many local events planned for Saturday were being canceled. Among the cancellations announced Friday afternoon were the IHSA cheerleading sectional competitions, which have been moved to the same time Sunday in Grayslake and Rolling Meadows.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day events in and around the Fox Valley aim to inspire Jan 14, 2014 3:28 PM
A great leader deserves to be honored and remembered. Here’s where you can find Martin Luther King Jr. events in and around the Fox Valley.
W. Aurora High selling ‘Believe’ CD to support music programs Jan 14, 2014 1:40 PM
West Aurora High School is now selling the CD “Believe” that combines talents of the school’s top choir and band with county music recording artist Ricky Lee. All proceeds from the sale of the $10 CD will be used to support the fine arts programs of West Aurora through the Christopher Patterson Memorial Foundation.
District 129 bands to perform winter concerts Dec 6, 2013 1:47 PM
West Aurora Unit District 129 student musicians will perform in four winter concerts Dec. 9-12. All concerts will feature a mix of traditional band repertoire, as well as some holiday favorites.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Daughter: A 'completely different' mom killed 4-year-old
- Motorola Solutions plans more layoffs, smaller campus
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.