Articles filed under Wauconda Unit District 118
Wauconda District 118 expected to hire new AD Thursday May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Wauconda Unit School District 118 board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the district office, 555 N. Main St., to discuss new parent and student handbooks and other issues. The board also is set to hire a new athletic director, but the candidate's name has not been made public.
National Merit Scholarship winners in Lake County May 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Sixteen high school students from Lake County were named National Merit $2,500 Scholarship winners for 2013.
‘Sherlock Holmes’ performance: Apr 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Wauconda Middle School students will perform Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" on Friday, April 26 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, April 27 at 2 and 7 p.m.
Newcomer Patterson to join Wauconda school boardApr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Three incumbents will be joined by a face on the Wauconda Unit School District 118 board. With all 17 precincts reporting Tuesday night, the winners were incumbents Deby Dato, Carey McHugh and Thomas A. Weber Sr. and newcomer David A. Patterson. Incumbent Jonathan Feryance failed in his re-election bid.
Endorsements: Dato, Feryance, McHugh, Weber for Wauconda Dist. 118 board Mar 21, 2013 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Deby Dato, Jonathan Feryance, Carey McHugh and Thomas A. Weber Sr. for the Wauconda Unit Dist. 118 Board of Education.
Wauconda Unit Dist. 118 candidates share their innovative ideas Mar 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Corporate sponsorships, an expanded foreign language program and TV blackouts are among the unique ideas the candidates for seats on the Wauconda Unit District 118 school board said they’d like to pursue. Five people are running for four seats on the school board.
Thomas Weber: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Thomas Weber, running for Wauconda Unit District 118 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jonathan Feryance: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Jonathan Feryance, running for Wauconda Unit District 118 School Board (4-year Terms)
David Patterson: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for David Patterson, running for Wauconda Unit District 118 School Board (4-year Terms)
Carey McHugh: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Carey McHugh, running for Wauconda Unit District 118 School Board (4-year Terms)
Deby Dato: Candidate ProfileFeb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidate information for Deby Dato, running for Wauconda Unit District 118 School Board (4-year Terms)
New Wauconda Middle School principal named Feb 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Wauconda High School English teacher Bob Taterka has been named Wauconda Middle’s next principal.
Dist. 118 kindergarten registration to begins Jan 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Kindergarten preregistration at the three elementary schools in Wauconda Unit District 118 is set for Wednesday, March 13 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Remembering Lake County residents who died this year Dec 28, 2012 12:00 AM
Several well-known Lake County residents died in 2012, leaving behind impressive accomplishments and years of service as their legacy. The list includes politicians, philanthropists, historians and even a newspaper reporter, each of whom had a lasting influence on communities across the county.
D118 special ed meeting: Sep 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Wauconda Unit District 118 will host a meeting Tuesday, Sept. 11, to discuss plans for providing special education services to students with disabilities who live within the district and who have an active IEP and who attend parochial/private schools and home schools for the 2012-13 school year.
Student confesses to setting fire at Island Lake school, cops say Sep 7, 2012 12:00 AM
A student at Island Lake's Cotton Creek Elementary School confessed to starting a fire Friday that led to the school's evacuation and some classes being canceled, police said. No one was hurt. The youth, whose name or age were not released by police, ignited toilet paper with a match in a boys bathroom stall, police said.
D118 special education meeting Aug 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Wauconda Unit District 118 will host a meeting to discuss plans for providing special education services to students with disabilities who live within the district and will attend private schools or are home-schooled for the 2012-13 school year.
Dad arrested months after boy brings gun to Island Lake school Aug 29, 2012 12:00 AM
More than five months after a Matthews Middle School student brought a loaded handgun to school, the youth's father has been arrested, Island Lake police announced Wednesday. The man was charged with obstructing a peace officer and not having a firearm owner's identification card.
Images: First day of school on Wednesday, Aug. 15 Aug 15, 2012 12:00 AM
Students made their way to school Wednesday morning as first day of classes continue in the suburbs. Students were greeted by teachers, smiles and even fun costumes at Naperville North High School, Robert Crown School in Wauconda, Fearn Elementary in North Aurora and Grant Community High School in Fox Lake.
Longtime District 118 board member Nancy Pesz was dedicated to education Jun 18, 2012 12:00 AM
Nancy Pesz, a 20-year veteran of the Wauconda Unit District 118 school board, died over the weekend at age 76. She is being remembered for her dedication to education. "She had a passion for what happened in the classroom," Superintendent Daniel J. Coles said. "She was just so committed to the community and the school district."
- Elgin event asks: Who Is My Muslim Neighbor?
- Tornado, severe thunderstorm watches in effect
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Increase Your Business ROI with iPhone App Development
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Traffic crackdowns in many Northwest suburbs
- Team leader Noah should only improve
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
- INVENTORY ANALYST - AccuVal is seeking a full time inventory analyst for our Schaumburg office. Learn more and apply online: www.accuval.net (id:4339579) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) OFFICE MANAGER - Office -Small business in South Elgin seeking a reliable part time Office Manager to perform bookkeeping functions and general office duties. QuickBooks and Excel experience REQUIRED. The candidate must be able to work independently, multitask, deal with customers and accept challenges. Please submit your resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com (id:4340163)
- COURIER DRIVER/USE YOUR OWN VEHICLE - Need drivers license and insurance. Use your vehicle throughout the Chicagoland, North City, West Suburbs. 24-7 flexible hours 1550 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Itasca, IL (id:4339146) CONSTRUCTION - Construction -cement finisher/framer, min. 10 yrs. exp., Call 847-879-1391 (id:4339283) JANITORIAL SUPERVISOR - Elgin Academy, a PS-12 school founded in 1839, is accepting applications for a Janitorial Supervisor. The school has 425 students and 9 buildings totaling 100,000 sq. feet. Strong candidates will have exp cleaning multiple buildings and demonstrated leadership skills. Position FT and includes benefits. Salary commensurate with exp. Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all. Candidates should send cover letter and resume electronically to: Gerald O'Keeffe, Director of Finance and Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4339066)
- PHONE WORK - Telephone Work from your W / NW suburban home for AMVETS 6-8 flex hrs per wk good pay . Call Linda at 847-251-8374 Mon-Fri 9am between Noon (id:4340093) AUTO SALES - sales Job Fair Auto Sales Start Your New Career! No Experience Needed! We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men and women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for individuals with no previous experience selling automobiles to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement opportunities to manage- ment A positive, family oriented work environment! A big advertiser with ex- cellent floor traffic, inven tory and a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, May 20 -Noon to 4pm Tuesday, May 21 -10am to 4pm Interviews held at: ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N. Plum Grove Rd. (On Plum Grove just North of Golf Rd.) Schaumburg, IL 60173 No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 Please dress professionally for your interview! (id:4339972) EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - Employer Information: Professional membership association located in the northwestern suburbs with over 1200 members in the United States and Canada providing advanced continuing education services. Job Description: Professional membership association is seeking a resourceful, efficient, detail oriented, positive individual to join our staff as Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our operations and to the Executive Director (ED). This position involves a wide range of responsibilities including: drafting agenda and minutes for leadership and committee meetings; assembling leadership meeting materials and distribution to leadership; assists in proofing of all printed materials and correspondence of the ED; prepare and mail all leadership meeting materials; set up logistics for leadership meetings; general office management; provides support on special projects and general support to the ED; provide customer service to a variety of members and vendors; and general assistance in support of the association's operations and to the Executive Director. Candidate must be able and willing to do limited travel. The position reports directly to the Executive Director of the association. No calls or walk-ins. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at a minimum four years of solid administrative work and a two-year accredited Associate's degree or equivalent applicable employment experience; possess solid decision making and problem solving skills; ability to maintain confidentiality in matters as appropriate; excellent communications skills both written and verbal; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; ability to work independently; be highly proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Power Point and possess the ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision. Some travel is required. Candidate must be able to comfortably lift and carry 25 pounds. The position is also expected to work doing a variety of other office associated jobs as necessary. (id:4337757)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com