Articles filed under Warrenville
neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday Announces ArtistsMay 15, 2013 12:00 AM
The neXt gallery Celebrates Ēkwabet’s 25th Birthday announces the invited Native American Artists and the juried local artists whose work will be in the gallery, the latest in the series of Pop-Up Art Galleries being produced and sponsored by the St Charles Arts Council, its volunteers, and sponsors.
'Summer' exhibit arrives at Gallery 200 in JuneMay 15, 2013 12:00 AM
SUMMER, An Exhibit of Mixed Media Art, Arrives At Gallery 200 in June
Teen Talent Show auditions happening in June May 15, 2013 12:00 AM
The Aurora Public Library's Fifth Annual Teen Talent Show and Competition is looking for performers. Three audition dates have been set and the final competition is on Aug. 10.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from water polo, track, baseball, softball, gymnastics, volleyball and soccer.
Students Light Up the Runway During Fashion ShowMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
A model shows off a wedding dress created by Anna Loosli (Carol Stream) during “Sketches,” the annual College of DuPage Fashion Show
Outstanding Divisional Faculty Members for 2012-2013May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Eighteen faculty members at College of DuPage have been recognized as the 2012-2013 Outstanding Divisional Faculty Members at College of DuPage. The faculty were selected for their excellence in teaching, service to the College, scholarly activities, community service and advising skills. Each will receive a monetary award from the College of DuPage Foundation.
508 Caboose of "The J" has come to stay at West Chicago parkMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
If you've been in Reed-Keppler Park since April 3, 2013, you may have noticed a red caboose with "The J" and "508" painted on the side of it sitting near the parking lot of the Turtle Splash Water Park.
Music Workshop for Early Childhood Educators and Camp CounselorsMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Miss Carole of Macaroni Soup has songs for Summer Camp and Summer School!
Wheaton College Recognizes Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall '75 for Distinguished Service to SocietyMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Wheaton College Alumni Association recognized Dr. S. Douglas Birdsall as Alumnus of the Year for Distinguished Service to Society on Friday, May 10.
COD Celebrates Student Academic ExcellenceMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
COD Celebrates Student Academic Excellence Brooke Cheser of Roselle is recognized as a Presidential Scholar during the recent “Celebration of Academic Excellence” recognizing the 2012-2013 Honors and Presidential Scholars.
Benet Redwings Boys lacrosse wins againMay 14, 2013 12:00 AM
The Redwing's frosh/soph Boys Lacrosse team claims a 7-4 victory over Glenbrook North Monday.
Warrenville man dies after bike accident May 13, 2013 12:00 AM
A Warrenville man who ran into the side of a semi while riding his bicycle home from work early Friday morning has died from his injuries. Police say Carlos Cielo, 30, was riding his bicycle home from his job in Naperville just after midnight when he collided with a semi truck traveling southbound on Route 59 at Continental Drive.
Wheaton North staying alive in DVC May 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Wheaton North's baseball team has been waiting on that one breakout inning. Monday's bottom of the sixth definitely qualifies. Seven two-out runs on 6 two-out hits rallied the Falcons to a 9-4 victory over visiting Wheaton Warrenville South and kept Wheaton North mathematically alive for a share of their third straight DuPage Valley Conference title.
West Chicago's Community Art Banner Project Answers A Question of Balance From the Perspective of Eleven ArtistsMay 13, 2013 12:00 AM
West Chicago's Community Art Banner Project Answers A Question of Balance From the Perspective of Eleven Artists
Naperville C.’s Swamy adds to comeback with DVC triumph May 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Naperville Central's Sid Swamy endured a lot of pain and disappointment on his way to a DuPage Valley Conference singles championship, but when his time came Saturday it was quite satisfying.
Glenbard West’s Perez runs away from the field May 11, 2013 12:00 AM
The Class 3A York girls track and field sectional featured nine returning members of the top-three 3,200-meter relay quartets in the state, including Wheaton Warrenville South and Glenbard West.
Truck hits cyclist in Warrenville May 10, 2013 12:00 AM
A bicyclist was struck by a semitrailer truck just after midnight Friday in Warrenville, authorities said. The semitruck was traveling south on Route 59 when it struck the adult male bicyclist at Continental Drive, according to police.
Wheaton North steps up, cruises to DVC title May 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Naperville Central offered outstanding individuals. Wheaton Warrenville South looked solid. Yet there was no containing Wheaton North at the DuPage Valley Conference boys track championships Friday at West Aurora.
Wheaton co-op repeats as state champion May 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Wheaton co-op junior David MacDonald missed out on the fun last year. On Friday night he was right smack dab in the middle of it. MacDonald won the all-around title with a 56.3 to lead Wheaton co-op to its second consecutive state title in the IHSA boys gymnastics team championships at Lincoln-Way East in Frankfort. "It feels so great and I'm just honored to be a part of this team this year," MacDonald said. "We have such a great team. We bond so well. Tonight just feels great."
Chicago Philharmonic to name Larry Rachleff as music director emeritus at May 24 concertMay 10, 2013 12:00 AM
On Friday, May 24 at 7:30 p.m., Larry Rachleff, Principal Conductor and Music Director of the Chicago Philharmonic, will raise his baton one last time when he conducts Bernstein and Schubert, the final symphonic concert of the 2012-2013 season at Pick-Staiger Hall in Evanston.
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degree
- State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 57 position 8: Object required: 'selectSingleNode(...)'
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY - DELIVERY -Newspapers Early Mornings, Should have van or SUV. Palatine area. 847-571-3733 (id:4339735) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) BEVERAGE EQUIPMENT SERVICE SHOP - Beverage Equipment Service Shop needs labor help. Full or Part Time Abesco Inc. 2200 Stonington Ave. Suite 200 Hoffman Estates, IL. 847-884-9595 Apply in Person (id:4339414)
- POLICE OFFICER - POLICE OFFICER The Village of Mount Prospect Board of Police and Fire Commissioners will be conducting a Police Officer Examination. Preliminary application, requirements and testing information is available at: PublicSafetyRecruitment.com Call 1-800-343-HIRE with questions. APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE BY NOON CDT, JULY 3, 2013 Mandatory orientation will be held on July 31, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Testing will be held on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Starting Salary $56,115 with full benefits package EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -M/F (id:4339311) HEALTH CARE - Life Experience Coordinator The Garlands of Barrington is seeking a creative and energetic leader to transition our Memory Care unit into a dynamic, activity and ability based model of service. This position will have direct involvement with families and other departments while developing individualized plans for each member. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and implementing programs, as well as training and motivating others. A passion for dementia care is a MUST. A flexible work schedule to accommodate the needs of our members will include weekend and holiday rotation. Experience in a long term care environment as well as Supervisory experience preferred. Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423 (id:4340181) HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178)
- COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Co in Lake Zurich seeks warehouse worker. Duties incl packing orders for shipment. 401K, health ins. ind. must speak & read English. Call Herb 847-438-4556 (id:4340099) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist Glendale Hts Auto Dealer seeks part time Receptionist/ Cashier. Dealership exp. a plus. Multi-tasking and reliability a must. Responsibilities will include answering phones, cashiering and light filing. 20 -25 hours per week. Retail environment. Schedule will include some Saturday & holiday hours. Please email resume to Jan at email@example.com (id:4340098)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com