Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Warrenville
Mindfulness and Soul Care Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
Mindfulness is the act of paying purposeful attention to the present moment. It offers us a way to enjoy our lives more and reduce stress through a few simple practices.
2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
More than 100 seventh and eighth grade youth learned ways to improve their leadership skills at the 2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference held Feb. 28 and March 1 at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel in Decatur.
“American Ingenuity” theme of Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 4, 2015 3:29 PM
“American Ingenuity” will be the theme of the upcoming Fox Valley Antiques Show on March 14-15 in St. Charles. The focus will be on design elements of our past, highlighting the ability of top decorators to incorporate those elements into today’s modern look. Blending “old with new” is currently evident in nearly every decorating magazine, catalog and TV show. Antiques are so commonly used that many of the top stores offer reproductions at prices much higher than the cost of an original.
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 10, 2015 5:52 PM
Come find your original (not a mass-produced, “Made in Taiwan” copy) at the Fox Valley Antiques Show. The gathering will feature 55 dealers from 14 states, bringing a great variety of 18th- to early-20th century antiques to St. Charles on March 14-15.
Daniel Leonard: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:34 PM
Candidate information for Daniel Leonard, running for Warrenville City Council Ward 3
michael hoffmann: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:34 PM
Candidate information for michael hoffmann, running for Warrenville City Council Ward 3
Leah Goodman: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:35 PM
Candidate information for Leah Goodman, running for Warrenville City Council Ward 4
Thomas Sherlock: Candidate Profile Mar 10, 2015 5:35 PM
Candidate information for Thomas Sherlock, running for Warrenville City Council Ward 4
Warrenville voters deserve a choice Mar 1, 2015 12:01 AM
A Warrenville letter to the editor: I request Warrenville voters’ support for the upcoming April 7 election by voting “yes” to elect your fire district trustees. The ballot question will read “Shall the trustees of the Warrenville Fire Protection District be elected, rather than appointed.”
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
YWCA Lake County Hosts Money Smart Week Mar 2, 2015 4:08 PM
YWCA Lake County Hosts Money Smart Week
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
Two charged in Warrenville gas station robbery Feb 25, 2015 2:02 PM
A Batavia man and a Roselle woman have been charged with robbing a Mobil gas station in Warrenville, police said Wednesday. Jason A.J. DeVincent, 29, and Amanda A. Hicks, 28, each were charged with one count of aggravated robbery, authorities said. DeVincent’s last known address was on the 500 block of Stewart Street in Batavia and Hicks’ last known address was on Brendon Court in Roselle, authorities said.
DuPage forest preserve garage project gets a boost Feb 24, 2015 7:26 PM
A long-stalled project to build a fleet maintenance garage at Blackwell Forest Preserve has overcome a significant hurdle. DuPage County Forest Preserve officials on Tuesday revealed plans to get water for the site — long a major sticking point — from Warrenville.
Get tickets for annual Geneva Wedding Walk Feb 24, 2015 12:09 PM
These cold winter months are the hottest planning time for brides-to-be. The seventh annual Geneva Bride Wedding Walk will be held on Sunday, March 1, and is the perfect opportunity for brides to visit every type of wedding vendor on their list. The Wedding Walk kicks off at 11 a.m. at the Herrington Inn & Spa at 15 S. River St. Admission includes an infinity scarf, tote bag, and favors from the vendors.
Warrenville police investigating armed robbery Feb 23, 2015 5:39 PM
Warrenville police are investigating a late-morning armed robbery Monday at the Mobil gas station at 28W050 Warrenville Road. Police said a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and winter coat entered the store about 10:15 a.m., displayed a handgun and demanded cash.
Warrenville 4th Ward candidates debate city’s economic development Feb 23, 2015 7:04 PM
The two candidates vying for Warrenville’s Fourth Ward seat have vastly different thoughts on plans for the city’s economic development goals and how to achieve them. One says the city needs to focus on increasing its population to draw larger commercial interest while the other believes investing in “small independent businesses” is the way to go. o.
Breaking the Code Feb 23, 2015 10:17 AM
Breaking the Code (BTC) is a research-based prevention simulation that highlights the existence and harmfulness of a hidden and unchallenged bullying social structure.
M/I Homes to Celebrate Herrick Woods Grand Opening with March 5 Ribbon Cutting and VIP Event Feb 20, 2015 5:36 PM
M/I Homes announces it will host a VIP event on March 5 to celebrate the grand opening of Herrick Woods, a new maintenance-free community of 74 attached club homes located in Warrenville, Ill., just north of West Warrenville Road on Herrick Road. The March 5 grand opening will include a ceremonial ribbon cutting for Herrick Woods with Warrenville Mayor David Brummel, and will be the first opportunity for buyers to tour a new decorated model home in the community. Attendees will also enjoy free raffle prizes, gourmet appetizers and beverages. Those interested in being placed on the guest list for the invitation-only VIP event can visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or contact Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271 to register. “Chicago’s western suburbs have long been a top destination for homebuyers, and we’re excited to introduce Herrick Woods as a terrific new option with a central location near major transportation thoroughfares like Interstates 355 and 80, business centers such as the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor, and the vibrant downtown districts of Naperville and Wheaton,” said Ron Martin, region president of M/I Homes. “At the same time, the community is surrounded by natural areas and neighbors the Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, so residents will enjoy living in an area that’s just as scenic as it is convenient.” Herrick Woods offers three floor plans priced from $349,990 to $389,990. Homes measure 2,098 to 2,203 square feet and feature two to three bedrooms, 2½ baths, full basements and two-car garages. Floor plans also feature first-floor master suites, dens, second-floor laundry rooms, and loft spaces, per plan. “The location of Herrick Woods appeals to so many buyers, from families that appreciate being within walking distance from Hubble Middle School to retirees who want a home near plenty of recreational amenities,” said Cheryl Bonk, vice president of sales and marketing for M/I Homes. “We created these club home designs with that range of buyers in mind, and included features we know make the most impact on the comfort and functionality of a home, from open living spaces and flex areas like lofts and dens, to well-placed laundry rooms and even the opportunity for single-level living with a first-floor master suite.” The new decorated model home at Herrick Woods features the Columbus plan, a 2,196-square-foot design with two bedrooms and 2½ baths. On the main floor, the home features a large family room open to a breakfast area and an upgraded kitchen including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and white maple cabinetry. The second floor has two bedrooms, including a master suite with an optional luxury master bath with walk-in shower, as well as a large loft space and a second-floor laundry room. All homes at Herrick Woods include a full basement, and the Columbus model shows this space fully finished and with an available walk-out option. “Our plans at Herrick Woods are extremely versatile in terms of tailoring flexible space like a basement or loft to various lifestyles,” said Bonk. “For example, we show the basement in the Columbus model as a beautifully finished game room with custom built-ins, a bar area and a pool table, but it could just as easily be a workout area, a home office or a playroom for kids.” Bonk added that residents at Herrick Woods enjoy maintenance-free living, with landscaping, exterior maintenance and snow removal provided. “Today’s lifestyles are busier than ever, so by including these services we’re freeing up extra time for our residents to spend on the things that matter most to them,” she said. Herrick Woods is within Community Unit School District 200 and is served by Bower Elementary School, Hubble Middle School and Wheaton Warrenville South High School. In addition to nearby Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, Herrick Woods is a short drive from other recreational destinations including the Morton Arboretum, Cantigny Park and Arrowhead Country Club. The community is less than 10 minutes from downtown Naperville and Wheaton, which both offer shopping, dining and entertainment options. Homes at all M/I Homes communities come standard with the builder’s industry-leading 30-Year Transferable Structural Warranty, which not only allows buyers to purchase with confidence, but also adds value if the home is sold in the future. All homes are also WHOLE HOME Certified, an M/I Homes designation indicating the builder’s superior approach when constructing homes. Upon testing, an M/I home will receive a more favorable HERS (Home Energy Rating System) score than an Energy Star-certified home, which can save buyers upwards of 30 percent on their energy bills. A lower HERS Index means lower energy costs, and on average an M/I home achieves a HERS rating of 60, considerably lower than other builders in the market. To be placed on the guest list for the March 5 grand opening celebration for Herrick Woods, please visit www.mihomes.com/HWGrandOpening or call Nicole Skrocki at (630) 605-8271. The event will take place from 4:30 - 8 p.m. in the new model home and sales center, located at 27W161 Breme Drive East in Warrenville (intersection of Herrick Road and Huskie Highway Avenue).
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Gregor: Addition of Rodon makes Sox team to beat in AL Central
- Pension crisis is not real
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Cardinal in hospital for pain, 'hydration issues'
- Joining Hawks 'means a lot' to Hinostroza
- Baseball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Duckworth's Senate bid could mean crowded 8th District race
- Jogger uses pepper spray to fight off Busse Woods assailant
- Craft beer to help ailing Gurnee American Legion
- Mayor: Aurora alderman should resign after theft conviction
- 'Going Clear' documentary unites voices against Scientology
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements in suburban school and municipal races
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Northlake man gets life for Addison stick-up
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Full-Time Perform tasks in the operation, maintenance & repair of high-pressure steam, building, mechanical, electrical, & plumbing equipment as well as utility systems, with emphasis on pneumatic & digital controls & refrigeration. See details on posting at: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com (id:4402547) DRIVERS - TRUCK DRIVERS-OTR/ CLASS A CDL Ashley Distribution Services in Romeoville, IL seeks: -LTL TRUCK DRIVERS (Multiple stop loads to retail stores!) Annual avg earning potential $78,000 year (local position home daily) -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) Annual avg earning potential $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -Full Benefit Package-Paid Holidays Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4402612) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. (id:4402023)
- PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964) DRIVERS - Part-Time Drivers Wanted Manheim Auto Auction, the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services is seeking energetic individuals to join Manheim Arena in Bolingbrook, IL. Simple to qualify: Regular driver license and clean record. Able to work 7-29 hrs/week. Good attention to detail and safety sense. Ability to stand, enter/exit cars during shifts. Able to pass background check and drug test. Apply at www.ManheimDriverJobs.com search for job 144958. (id:4401696) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
- PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406) RN/LPN FULL TIME AND PART-TIME RECEPTIO - Ortho. offiice in Arlington Heights seeking receptionist-MA (20-30 hrs) and full time office nurse. Orthopedic experience preferred but not required. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (847) 593-0872 (id:4402502) CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.