Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Volleyball
Girls volleyball: Daul, Grayslake Central stand tall Oct 28, 2014 10:35 PM
Allie Daul nearly recorded a double-double in kills and blocks, as the 6-foot-2 junior led Grayslake Central’s volleyball team to a 21-25, 27-25, 25-20 upset of fifth-seeded Lakes in the Class 4A Grayslake Central regional semifinals Tuesday night. Daul’s 10 kills and 9 blocks propelled No. 12 Grayslake Central (22-15) into Thursday’s 6 p.m. final against No. 4 Glenbrook South.
Palatine outlasts St. Viator Oct 28, 2014 11:30 PM
Tuesday’s second semifinal of the Class 4A Wheeling girls volleyball regional between No. 6-seeded Palatine and No. 11 St. Viator saw both teams notch impressive wins in the first two sets. When the third set started, the action was just as impressive. A terrific opening rally finally ended when Pirates’ junior defensive specialist Alexis Serna came up with a superb save on a Lions’ blast. The ball quickly sailed over the net and fell in an empty spot on the floor for the unconventional kill. Palatine went on to grab a 5-0 lead and never looked back in recording a 25-18, 19-25, 25-19 victory.
St. Charles North tops Neuqua Valley in 3 Oct 28, 2014 11:01 PM
Even after a less-than-stellar game one performance by host Neuqua Valley, no one was surprised to see Tuesday’s regional semifinal go three games. The 25-11 Wildcats have played too well the last several weeks — including a 3-game win over these same St. Charles North Stars in last week’s UEC crossover battle — to let anyone walk over them. So sure enough, the Wildcats rebounded from an error-filled 25-17 setback in game one to even things up with a 25-23 thriller. But that’s when St. Charles North (27-9) picked up its game and its blocking and avenged last week’s loss by taking the decisive third set 25-15 to earn a shot at top-seeded Benet Academy in Thursday’s regional title game.
Hersey, Schaumburg win regional semis Oct 29, 2014 12:12 AM
Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball champion Hersey kicked off postseason play with a 25-16, 25-13 victory over No. 15 Glenbrook North in semifinals of the Class 4A Stevenson regional on Tuesday nigh, while MSL West champ Schaumburg advanced with a three-set victory over Resurrection at Niles West.
Girls volleyball: Tuesday’s results Oct 29, 2014 12:34 AM
Here are high school girls volleyball results from Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Carmel keeps it going with win over Wheeling Oct 28, 2014 10:23 PM
Carmel’s girls volleyball team entered its first match of the postseason following one of its most impressive wins of the regular season. The Corsairs pulled off a three-set win at Libertyville last Friday night, winning the third set 28-26 after trailing 22-15. Even more impressive the Corsairs did it without Drake recruit Gracie Schofield, an outside hitter who had sprained her ankle the night before. Schofield was still out of the lineup when the No. 3 seeded Corsairs faced No. 14 Wheeling in the Wildcats’ Class 4A regional on Tuesday night. But the Corsairs were still winning. Led on attack by senior Morgan Meade’s 9 kills, Carmel posted a 25-18, 25-16 victory over the Wildcats (17-20) to advance to Thursday’s championship against No. 6. Palatine (22-13).
Very good is good enough for Benet Oct 28, 2014 9:37 PM
The goal for top-seeded Benet at Tuesday night’s girls volleyball regional in Naperville was to stay alive, and the Redwings accomplished the deed.
Girls volleyball: Huntley tops Jacobs to reach regional final Oct 28, 2014 9:13 PM
Everything was clicking for Huntley’s girls volleyball team Tuesday night. Playing before a raucous home crowd, the top-seeded Red Raiders downed No. 4 Jacobs, 25-15, 25-9 in the semifinals of the Class 4A Huntley regional.
St. Charles East rallies past Wheaton Warrenville South Oct 28, 2014 10:47 PM
St. Charles East might not have wanted a wakeup call starting postseason play Tuesday night at the Class 4A Glenbard South regional, but Wheaton Warrenville South sure delivered one.
Versatile Burlington C., Kaneland to meet for title Oct 28, 2014 10:53 PM
The girls volleyball teams from Kaneland and Burlington Central demonstrated a common trait in their respective semifinal wins at the Class 3A Hampshire regional Tuesday: versatility. In the first semifinal, Kaneland overcame a sluggish start to knock off St. Edward 25-21, 25-22. Burlington Central then defeated Genoa-Kingston 27-25, 25-14 in the second semifinal.
Girls volleyball: Dundee-Crown surprises Fremd; Cary-Grove wins Oct 28, 2014 10:10 PM
The Dundee-Crown Chargers refused to lose. In a hard-fought match that went 3 sets, the third-seeded Chargers upset second-seeded Fremd 26-24, 21-25, 28-26 Tuesday night in the semifinals of the Class 4A Cary-Grove girls volleyball regional. D-C (24-12), which had lost to Fremd 25-19, 25-13 at the Lake Park Invitational Saturday, will take on top-seeded Cary-Grove at 6 p.m. Thursday for the regional title. C-G defeated Lake Zurich 25-16, 25-16 in Tuesday’s first semifinal.
Geneva survives scare from Metea Valley Oct 28, 2014 10:05 PM
Geneva’s volleyball team walked a fine line Tuesday night. Two points away from having their season come to an abrupt halt, the fourth-seeded Vikings (29-7) fought off elimination by scoring the final 3 points to pull out a 23-25, 25-17, 25-23 Class 4A regional semifinal victory over 14th-seeded Metea Valley (18-13) in Geneva.
Girls volleyball: South Elgin, Elgin earn wins at Elk Grove regional Oct 27, 2014 11:10 PM
Timing is everything when it comes to the playoffs. On Monday night Elgin High and South Elgin picked the ideal time to clean up their acts. Both limited their errors and survived to play another day with wins in the first round at the Class 4A Elk Grove girls volleyball regional. The Storm bounced back from an ugly regular-season finale loss to Larkin with a 25-13, 25-15 with over host Elk Grove while the Maroons snapped a 10-game losing streak with a 25-21, 25-15 win over Streamwood. South Elgin advances to play Maine East on Tuesday and Elgin will square off with Maine South.
St. Edward moves on; tough loss for Hampshire Oct 27, 2014 10:20 PM
St. Edward girls volleyball coach Jaime Dovichi gave her team a game plan Monday night, and the Green Wave went out an executed it. Now they get to try to do the same thing against a No. 1 seed. The Green Wave roared back from a 22-19 deficit in Game 3 to upend Sycamore 25-19, 23-25, 25-19 in the first round of the Class 3A Hampshire regional, advancing to play No. 1 seed Kaneland (22-8) in a 5:30 p.m. semifinal on Tuesday. In Monday’s second game, No. 6 seed Hampshire gave No. 3 Genoa-Kingston all it could handle before the Cogs prevailed 23-25, 26-24, 25-18. G-K (26-9) takes on No. 2 Burlington Central (29-6) in Tuesday’s second semifinal.
Terrell turns it up, and Wheeling fells Deerfield Oct 27, 2014 9:52 PM
After No. 14 seeded Wheeling dropped the opening set to No. 19 Deerfield, Wildcats coach Jason Kopkowski had to send his team a message. “I just told them they’ve got to play the game they’ve fallen in love with and the game they’ve played all season,” he said. By the time the Wheeling Class 4A regional play-in match was over, the Wildcats fell in love with their strong outside Timber Terrell. The 5-foot-11 sophomore put down kills for 6 of the Wildcats' final 8 points in a 17-25, 25-16, 25-11 victory.
West Chicago loses, looks to the future Oct 27, 2014 9:28 PM
With 10 of the 15 players on this season’s West Chicago girls volleyball team set to return in 2015, Monday’s Oswego East regional quarterfinal against the host Wolves was a lesson in what’s needed for the future.
Glenbard North falls to Batavia Oct 27, 2014 8:55 PM
Playing a tough regular-season schedule seemed to pay off for Batavia’s girls volleyball team Monday night, but a much stiffer test awaits.
WW South advances, but West Aurora makes it difficult Oct 27, 2014 8:29 PM
Wheaton Warrenville South’s girls volleyball team moved on to the Class 4A Glenbard South regional semifinal, but it will have to forget a nervy finish against West Aurora by match time.
Girls volleyball: Monday’s results Oct 27, 2014 11:52 PM
Here are high school girls volleyball results from Monday, Oct. 27.
Stevenson’s Radtke making an impact at NIU Oct 27, 2014 2:50 PM
Lake County fans saw former Stevenson standout Jenna Radtke collect plenty of blocks at the net during her career as a Patriot. So it should come as no surprise that for the second time in her collegiate career, Radtke has been honored for her defensive prowess. The Northern Illinois sophomore was named the Mid-American Conference’s West Division ‘defensive player of the week’. She also earned the selection on the week of Nov. 11, 2013.
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Time for Fire to give fans a title-contender
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Tribune confirms suburban acquisition, no changes now
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- Fairfield's in the future for Schaumburg's Akinola
- Washington ends Cowboys' 6-game winning streak
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Aerosmith's Joe Perry visits Arlington Hts. guitar shop
- PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.