Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under U.S. Congress
Local congressional leaders struggling with Syria Sep 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Suburban members of Congress have as varied opinions on Syria as many Americans do. Local congressional leaders are not necessarily following party lines, either. “He will carefully weigh all of the options," said the spokesman for Rep. Randy Hultgren of Winfield. “He believes any action should be a limited and targeted response," Rep. Bill Foster of Naperville said.
Dold being recruited by top GOP to run again in 10th Apr 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Former Congressman Bob Dold is being actively recruited by top GOP officials to make another bid for Congress. National Republican Committee Chair Greg Walden told the Daily Herald that he's "hopeful" the Kenilworth Republican will run in 2014 for the North Suburban 10th Congressional District seat he lost to Deerfield Democrat Brad Schneider.
Anti-gun Democrat a shoo-in to replace Jackson Jr. Feb 27, 2013 12:00 AM
The newly elected Democratic nominee to replace disgraced former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. vowed to become a leader in the fight for federal gun control and directly challenged the National Rifle Association in her victory speech. But it remains to be seen whether Robin Kelly's primary win Tuesday in the Chicago-area district will affect the national debate.
Kelly wins primary in ex-Rep. Jackson’s district Feb 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Former Illinois legislator Robin Kelly captured the Democratic nomination Tuesday in the race to replace disgraced ex-U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., after a truncated campaign season where she got a boost from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s super PAC. The nomination all but assures that she’ll sail through the April 9 general election and head to Washington, because the district is overwhelmingly Democratic.
GOP side of primary too close to call Feb 26, 2013 12:00 AM
With 97 percent of precincts reporting in the Chicago-area 2nd Congressional District, only a few votes separated Republicans Paul McKinley of Chicago and Eric Wallace of Flossmoor.
Turnout expected to be low in congressional primary Feb 25, 2013 12:00 AM
Candidates for Jesse Jackson Jr.’s former congressional seat made their final push for votes Monday ahead of a high-stakes primary, but turnout was expected to be paltry despite the lurid headlines surrounding the disgraced Chicago Democrat and millions in outside super PAC money driven largely by the guns debate.
Bloomberg defends anti-gun ads in congressional race Feb 19, 2013 12:00 AM
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is defending his SuperPAC's anti-gun ads in the Chicago-area district of former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. Bloomberg says the country needs sensible guns laws. His Independence USA PAC has run commercials targeting Democratic candidate Debbie Halvorson for past high ratings from the National Rifle Association.
Halvorson upset over SuperPAC money Feb 18, 2013 12:00 AM
Former Congressman Debbie Halvorson is blasting another top candidate in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. over superPAC money. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Independence USA has run ads that target Halvorson.
Jackson Jr. and wife will plead guilty Feb 15, 2013 12:00 AM
In a spectacular fall from political prominence, former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and his wife agreed Friday to plead guilty to federal charges growing out of what prosecutors said was a scheme to use $750,000 in campaign funds for lavish personal expenses, including a $43,000 gold watch and furs.
Congressmen endorse Kelly for Jackson’s seat Feb 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Two Democratic Chicago congressmen have endorsed Robin Kelly in the race to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. Other candidates in the running are former Congressman Debbie Halvorson, state Sen. Toi Hutchinson and Chicago Alderman Anthony Beale.
Sources: Jesse Jackson Jr. signs plea deal Feb 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Jesse Jackson Jr. pleaded guilty in a plea deal connected to a federal investigation in which the former congressman is accused of misusing campaign funds, according to sources close to the investigation. Jackson pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, mail fraud and false statements, the sources said. Federal prosecutors are recommending a 5-year maximum sentence.
Dart endorses Chicago alderman for Congress Feb 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart threw his support behind Chicago Alderman Anthony Beale on Thursday in the race to replace former U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a boost for Beale as he tries to emerge from a crowded field of candidates.
Union endorses Hutchinson for congressional seat Feb 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Former state Rep. Toi Hutchinson has received a labor endorsement in her bid to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. in the U.S. House. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees endorsed Hutchinson on Friday. The special primary election is Feb. 26.
Harris drops bid for Jackson Jr.’s old seat Jan 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Freshman state Sen. Napoleon Harris has dropped his bid for former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.'s seat and is putting his support behind former state Rep. Robin Kelly.
Walsh to hold statewide meetings before announcing plans Jan 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Former Congressman Joe Walsh said today that he plans to travel around Illinois for the next several months, holding meetings with voters before announcing his political future. "There's a huge group of people that want to do something about the dire situation in the state," Walsh said.
White House, GOP draw red lines in debt debate Jan 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Struggling for the upper hand in the next round of debt talks, Republicans and Democrats this weekend drew lines in the sand they said they'd never cross when it comes to the U.S. debt limit. "I believe we need to raise the debt ceiling, but if we don't raise it without a plan to get out of debt, all of us should be fired," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican.
Biggert still mulling loss, looks ahead to futureDec 8, 2012 12:00 AM
Departing Republican U.S. Rep. Judy Biggert talks about her unsuccessful campaign against Democrat Bill Foster in the 11th Congressional District, including her debate performance, where she says, "I didn't do a great job." The seven-term lawmaker from Hinsdale has spent recent weeks preparing to shut down her offices and is looking ahead toward what her next chapter might hold.
March 19 the date of special election for Jackson’s seat Nov 26, 2012 12:00 AM
Gov. Pat Quinn says the special election to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has tentatively been set for March 19, but that could change. However, Quinn says he's going to try to get approval for an April 9 general election, which is the same day as other municipal elections.
Fewer moderates will make deals harder in new Congress Nov 25, 2012 12:00 AM
When the next Congress cranks up in January, there will be more women, many new faces and 11 fewer Tea Party-backed House Republicans from the Cass of 2010 who sought a second term. Overriding those changes, though, is a thinning of pragmatic, centrist veterans in both parties.
Democrats want to endorse candidate for Jackson’s seat Nov 25, 2012 12:00 AM
Cook County Democratic leaders say they’ll slate a candidate for the primary election to replace former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. The Chicago Democrat resigned days ago, citing his health and acknowledging that he’s under a federal investigation.
- Mt. Prospect school mourning loss of beloved teacher
- TCF Bank to close 37 branches in Jewel-Oscos
- Suburban gas station owners charged with tax fraud
- 'Miracle baby' heads home to Schaumburg
- Lake Villa standoff ends peacefully
- Police: Boy causes lockdown at Lake Zurich schools
- Sox acquire Eaton in three-way deal
- Pedestrian accident in Grayslake halts Metra
- Office Depot bypasses Naperville; 1,600 local employees affected
- Bitter cold freezes Chicago area
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Better to get fined and go uninsured?
- Can we not keep Christ in Christmas?
- Suburban Dominick's stores to be Mariano's next year
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Lake Villa standoff ends peacefully
- Volunteer accused of stealing from Gurnee Youth Baseball
- Office Depot bypasses Naperville; 1,600 local employees affected
- Suggs found guilty of killing Round Lake Park woman
- 105-year sentence in death of Round Lake Park woman
- FIREPLACE INSTALLER - Installer -70 Yr Old Patio Furniture, Fireplace, BBQ Co. in Arl Hts seeks FT fireplace In- staller. Exp. a plus. Will help train, ins. avail. 401K, must have valid DL. Call 847-253-1905 (id:4360222) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -NW suburban co. is looking for a receptionist. Applicant must be proficient in Word & Excel. Must be motivated, dependable, team player, self-starter. Exp. req'd Please e-mail resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4360440) COMMERCIAL LINES ACCOUNT MANAGER - Dntn Arl Hts Ins Agency seeking EXP Comm Lines Acct Mgr AMS360 helpful Sal. Comm. w-EXP Resume to email@example.com (id:4359031)
- ASST MANAGER - Asst Manager Credit Union 1 is hiring for its Libertyville location! Coordinates daily branch operations to maintain efficient & convenient member service. 1-2 yrs teller, loan & supervisory exp. Full benefits package salary is $33,253-$49,880 yr based on experience. Apply at www.creditunion1.org (id:4360436) VAN DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PT/ 20 HRS. WK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P), 847-438-9698(F) firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4360130) STAFFING COORDINATOR - Human Resources Staffing Coordinator FT Coordinate staffing schedules of Senior Living community. Reqs: Office skills, typing, filing, computer based systems including MicroSoft Office. HS Dip or equiv., 1 yr exp as a primary care Apply online www.belmontvillagejobs.com fax 847-537-5308, apply in person. Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 EOE (id:4360309)
- CALL CENTER - Call Center B to B call center rep, M-F + bonus, $14/hr, plus bene pkg. Call 630-889-5750 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4359947) LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DataStage Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for DataStage Analyst. Jobs loc Schaumburg IL & var unanticip locs t/o U.S. Wrk w/app dvlpmnt team incldg Sr. DataStage Analysts in dvlpng cmplx apps. Prfrm technl dsgn & dfne stndrds, procs & prcdrs for BI app dvlpmnt wrkg w/Sr. DataStage Analysts. Dvlp BI layrs & bld reprts. Cmmuncate w/mngmnt archtctre prgrss. Wrk w/var technlgs, specifc incldg DataStage, Oracle, & SQL. No on/job traing provd. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o US for LT/ST asgnmts at clt sts. Reqs MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (scintfc, techncl, mathtcl) or rel. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO BOX 59058 Schaumburg IL 60159 Job 13ET105 EOE (id:4359580) DATABASE SERVICES SUPPORT ANALYST - A Transportation Software developer in Des Plaines, IL seeking a part time position for highly motivated detail oriented individual who is eager to learn and provide support for databases we maintain internally and for customers. Responsibilities include misc. database maint., internet research-analysis-analytical problem resolution. Qualifications: -Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills -Good analytical skills -Proficient in Word-Ecxel(Access a +) -Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency is necessary in this position -Transportation knowledge related to shipping-receiving a plus Email resume to email@example.com (id:4358916)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com