Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Twohey, Norrine
Harper grad wins university scholarship Jun 6, 2011 9:10 AM
Harper graduate Amanda Muledy, 26, was selected from nearly 800 nominees from across the United States as a recipient of the 2011 Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship, which provides funding for up to three additional years of education at a four-year college or university.
Schaumburg student wins Nicor contest May 13, 2011 12:38 PM
Vincent Chang, a fifth-grade student at Herbert Hoover School in Schaumburg, received more than $1,300 in prizes for being the Grand Prize winner, in the grade three-five category, of Nicor’s Energy by Design: A Visual Arts Contest for Students.
Des Plaines sixth-grader wins national essay contest May 6, 2011 9:12 AM
Algonquin Middle School, Des Plaines, sixth-grader Rema al Massari received a laptop computer from Major League Baseball, Scholastic Inc., and Sharon Robinson, daughter of Jackie Robinson, for winning first prize in the Breaking Barriers Essay Contest. Nationally, al Massari is one of nine students in grades four through eight to win.
Prospect H.S. senior photo contest winner Apr 29, 2011 1:23 PM
Peter Szoepe of Mount Prospect, a senior at Prospect High School, was selected as a Region-at-Large Gold Key Award winner for his photography portfolio through the Scholastic Art Awards program. His outstanding portfolio of work received recognition in a 16-state region from a field of over 12,000 entries.
Wheeling seniors named Golden Apple Scholars Mar 14, 2011 3:54 PM
Jordan Clifford and Jaime Ropski, both Wheeling High School seniors, were selected as Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois, Class of 2011.
Buffalo Grove H.S. speech coach honored Mar 1, 2011 9:57 AM
For the second time, Tracey Repa, head coach of the Speech, Acting and Debate teams at Buffalo Grove High School, was honored for coaching excellence with a Diamond Award from the National Forensic League.
Neighbors in the News: Teachers receive national certification Feb 14, 2011 9:11 AM
Central Elementary School teachers Michelle Cucchi and Colleen Harrold; Chippewa Middle School teacher, Connie Smith; North Elementary School teachers Christine McKelvey and Karen Higginson; and Forest Elementary School teacher Judy McManus were honored by the School District 62 Board of Education for earning National Board Certification from the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards.
Twohey: Bartlett police chief named director of Hanover Twp. Emergency Services Jan 26, 2011 12:49 PM
Bartlett Police Chief Dan Palmer was appointed to director of Hanover Township Emergency Services. As director, Palmer will oversee the day-to-day operations of the 21-member volunteer unit that serves the residents of Hanover Township and surrounding communities. Palmer joins the township with over 31 years in law enforcement.
Hoffman environmental health officer named to state board Dec 21, 2010 1:59 PM
• David Banaszynski, village of Hoffman Estates Environmental Health officer, was appointed to the Illinois Board of Environmental Health Practitioners by Gov. Pat Quinn. The board is made up of five members appointed by the governor, consisting of three licensed environmental health practitioners, one public health administrator and one public member. As a member of the board, Banaszynski is charged with providing expert knowledge and advice on disciplinary matters and professional performance and conduct, as well as making recommendations on qualifications and examinations for environmental health practitioner applicants. Environmental health deals with milk and food sanitation, protection and regulation of private water supplies, private waste water management, domestic solid waste disposal practices, institutional health and safety and consultation and education in these fields. • Oakton Community College Associate Professor of Nursing Dawn Kuerschner was the recipient of a $10,000 Nurse Educator Fellowship from the Illinois Board of Higher Education. The fellowship ensures the retention of well-qualified nursing faculty at institutions of higher learning that award nursing degrees. Fellowship funds may be used for expenses to support professional development. Kuerschner earned a master’s degree from Rush University and bachelor’s degree from Elmhurst College. She is one of 18 fellowship recipients announced by the IBHE. • Palatine resident and local entrepreneur Don Kronberg, president of the concert promotions business NiteLite Promotions, was nominated for a 2010 Pollstar Concert Industry Award in the category of Independent Promoter of the Year. The winner will be announced at the 22nd Annual Pollstar Concert Industry Awards and Party Feb. 5 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles. NiteLite promotes and produces concerts throughout the Midwest at venues including the Chicago Theater, the Genesee Theatre in Waukegan, Rialto Square Theatre in Joliet and Hemmens Cultural Center in Elgin. Celebrating its 20th year of business, NiteLite recently relocated its office from its longtime home in Itasca to Countryside Office Park in Palatine. • Brian Walsh, owner of Palatine-based Allegra Marketing -Print-Mail, was elected to the Allegra Network franchise system’s Network Advisory Council. The NAC is made up of 11 elected members representing more than 300 franchise members throughout North America. Walsh, who will serve a three-year term, will work with fellow owners to review plans, programs and mutual concerns to strengthen and improve the franchise system. The Palatine Allegra is a full-service marketing communications provider offering marketing consultation, copy writing and graphic design services.
Fremd senior is semifinalist in Coca-Cola Scholars Program Dec 12, 2010 10:22 AM
William Fremd High School senior Peter Ninchich was named a semifinalist for the 2011 Class of the Coca-Cola Scholars Program. As a semifinalist, Ninchich must submit additional information that will be reviewed, in January by a committee comprised of 30 educators from high schools and universities throughout the United States.
Neighbors in the News Dec 1, 2010 12:01 AM
William Terpinas, Jr., an associate with the Commercial Real Estate Practice Group at Palatine's Lavelle Law, Ltd., accepted an appointment to the board of directors for The Society for the Preservation of Human Dignity (PHD).
Neighbors in the News: Bartlett golfer achieves first-ever hole-in-one Aug 11, 2010 12:01 AM
Jason Foy of Bartlett achieved his first-ever hole-in-one July 21, on Apple Orchard Golf Course's longest fairway.
Mount Prospect Rotary Club elects new president Aug 3, 2010 12:01 AM
• Mount Prospect resident James Helm was elected president of the Mount Prospect Sunrise Rotary Club for the 2010-2011 Rotary year.
Neighbors in the News Jul 28, 2010 12:01 AM
• Barrington District 220 named Lynn Swanson Instructional Technology coordinator. Swanson is National Board Certified in technology and holds a master's degree in technology education.
Neighbors in the News Jul 13, 2010 12:01 AM
• Susanne W. Glazbrook was appointed to the Palatine Public Library District board of library trustees. She was sworn in at a special meeting of the board on June 29.
Neighbors in the News Jun 22, 2010 12:01 AM
Tennis pro Bob Finder, 77, has announced his retirement after 50 years of instruction service, 20 of them with the Hanover Park Park District's Centre Court Athletic Club.
Neighbors in the News May 25, 2010 12:01 AM
Delta Kappa Gamma Society International, Gamma Gamma Chapter announced that Rita Hess of Elk Grove Village ws the recipient of its $1,000 scholarship.
Neighbors in the News May 18, 2010 12:01 AM
Joan Huff of Arlington Heights was awarded Volunteer of the Year for her contribution of 495 hours of service in 2009, to the Arlington Heights Memorial Library.
Neighbors in the News May 11, 2010 12:01 AM
Des Plaines Public Library librarian Courtney O'Keefe is one of 30 Illinois librarians selected to participate in Synergy: The Illinois Library Leadership Initiative, a yearlong program designed to develop future leaders in the library professions and in the Illinois community.
Neighbors in the News Apr 20, 2010 12:01 AM
Adlai E. Stevenson High School senior Sarah Suh was named a Regional Finalists in the Young Epidemiology Scholars (YES) Competition, a leading public health competition for high school students. She will compete for a college scholarship of up to $50,000 in Washington, D.C., April 23-26.
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Prosecutors: 'Rejection' helped push Naperville man in stabbing case
- You could win a 'Back to the Future' DeLorean
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Jenny McCarthy to appear at Arcada Theatre
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- Constable: 3 years in Schaumburg hotel, book emerges
- Roskam gives Netanyahu painting before controversial speech
- Route 137 near Grayslake reopens after crash
- St. Charles OKs big piece of First Street plan
- We missed big snow, but wintry mess heading our way
- Sharp, Hawks deny any team turmoil
- Rozner: Blackhawks needed help and Bowman scored big
- Constable: Runner shirtless every winter day
- Rauner's transportation budget: Bikers up, transit down
- Bouncer shot during Fox Lake bar brawl
- Trial set to begin in Naperville teacher's slaying
- House GOP has a Homeland Security funding dilemma
- LeGere: Could be time to move on for some Bears
- McCarthy, Wahlberg apparently staying in area
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Muslim community shocked by imam sex abuse charges
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- A push is on to abolish DuPage County's forest board
- Most COD candidates don't want Breuder's name on building
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Des Plaines Alderman Dick Sayad faces trespassing charges
- Refurbished Antioch Theatre to reopen Friday
- Arlington Hts. board formally opposes Rauner budget cuts
- RF ENGINEER III - Engineering -RF Engineer III, Sprint Corporation, Schaum-burg, IL. Radio frequency and/ or wireless transmission design. Apply at www.sprint.com/careers, Req# 166323BR. Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates regardless of previous criminal history. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/ Disabled. (id:4399274) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email email@example.com (id:4399716) CUSTOMER SERVICE/HOSPITALITY - Customer Service/Hospitality Frank Gironda Salon & Spa in Wheaton is hiring a FT/PT Front Desk Customer Service Representative. Position requires strong Cust. Srvc. skills; basic computer knwldge & time mgmt skills. Srv industry exp a plus. Must be avail nts and wknds. Qual. candidates email resume to Shannon@frankgironda.com or fax to 630-588-9973. (id:4399522)
- APPOINTMENT SETTERS - Appointment Setters -DUPAGE ADULT CLUB hiring PHONE GIRLS to set up appointments. $12 an hour/ 8 Hour Shifts. Always hiring dancers. Clean cut environment. Drug testing/Background check. Call (630) 351-9035. Ask for Kelly or Mandi (id:4398881) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449) TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398779)
- PARALEGAL - Corporate, Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Paralegal Exp'd paralegal needed im- mediately for Wheaton law firm. email@example.com Incl. Paralegal Candidate on subj line (id:4399493) INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE - Complete cycle counting and reconciliation activities on schedule. Complete inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain accurate inventory. Investigate and resolve piece part count discrepancies on jobs. May complete additional tasks such as parts picking, issuing, material transport, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed. Completes work on schedule and at required quality levels. Work closely and effectively with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire operation. Reports component, process, and-or product problems to Supervisor. Follows defined quality system documentation as required by ISO. Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Works with minimal supervision on assigned tasks. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Education-Experience-Qualifications: Minimum of 1 yr. experience in inventory control and warehouse environment a plus. Excellent attention to detail. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to work with very small components email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399062) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399450)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.