Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Tower Lakes
High school students can Explore ACES March 13-14 Jan 30, 2015 10:24 PM
High school students can learn more about the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at “Explore ACES” on March 13-14. This student-run event introduces both prospective and admitted students to ACES faculty, academic offerings, and student organizations. More than 100 exhibits showcase academics, research, and student development opportunities. Students can also learn about study-abroad programs, how ACES graduates are using their degrees, and tips on applying for more than $2.5 million in scholarships within the College of ACES.
Kohl’s Cares to award nearly $400,000 in scholarships Jan 30, 2015 5:36 PM
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program recently announced it will award nearly $400,000 in scholarships and prizes to more than 2,500 students who have made a positive impact on their communities. Nominations for kids, age 6 to 18, will be accepted Jan. 30 to March 13 at kohlskids.com. “Children around the country are doing inspiring work in their communities every day and Kohl's is proud to reward these future leaders through the Kohl's Cares Scholarship Program,” said Bevin Bailis.
County Agricultural Fairs Contribute to Local Economies in Illinois Jan 30, 2015 10:26 AM
Charlotte Roberts, 4-H member of Chain of Lakes 4-H club and Teen Ambassador represented Lake County at the annual meeting of the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs (IAAF).
St. Hubert Catholic School Earns Award at Future Citiy Competition Jan 27, 2015 7:25 AM
St. Hubert Catholic School Earns Award at Future Citiy Competition
Learn How to Become a Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer Feb. 10 Jan 30, 2015 11:29 AM
Lake County residents seeking a volunteer opportunity with free training for widespread emergency situations may want to join the Lake County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC).
Barrington Area Chamber Announces 2015 Business Awards Jan 26, 2015 7:13 AM
Barrington Area Chamber Announces 2015 Business Awards
Woodlands Academy’s Interfaith Prayer Service stresses shared values Jan 27, 2015 1:16 PM
Students, faculty and staff at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart joined area representatives of the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Islamic faiths in a celebration of values they share during an interfaith prayer service Friday, Jan. 23.
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women Jan 23, 2015 8:07 AM
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women
Norwegian National League of Chicago offers scholarships Jan 26, 2015 9:15 AM
The Norwegian National League of Chicago is offering scholarships and cash prizes to deserving students who are of Norwegian heritage residing in the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, McHenry and Will.
Sign up with Health Insurance Marketplace before Feb. 15 Jan 26, 2015 8:58 AM
With the Feb. 15 deadline approaching for getting health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Lake County residents have a variety of opportunities to sign up.
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl! Jan 21, 2015 7:09 AM
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl!
Essay contest winner to be named at Martin Luther King Jr. Interfaith Prayer Breakfast Jan 16, 2015 3:28 PM
FaithBridge is pleased to announce that the winner of this year’s MLK Essay Contest is from Richard Bernotas Middle School in Crystal Lake District 47. This year’s topic: “How do you bring about peace in the midst of challenge and controversy?” Based on this quote: The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at time of challenge and controversy.
Classic Cinemas presents annual “Predict the Oscars” contest Jan 15, 2015 5:41 PM
The award season has begun, and Classic Cinemas has announced its annual “Predict the Oscars” contest for the 2015 Academy Awards competition! The nominees were announced on Jan. 15, and it’s time to pick your favorites to win.
Woodstock Theatre auditorium to be dedicated in honor of Harold Ramis Jan 15, 2015 6:17 PM
An auditorium at the Woodstock Theatre will be dedicated in honor of writer/director Harold Ramis at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 31, immediately prior to the showing of “Groundhog Day.” The 1993 film, which was directed by Ramis, will be shown at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31, and Sunday, Feb. 1.
Referees Needed for Ela Soccer Club Jan 16, 2015 2:34 PM
Ela Soccer is hosting a new referee clinic Feb 28-March 1 at Middle School South.
PM Prime Steakhouse Offers Truffle Dinner Jan 14, 2015 10:17 AM
On Wednesday, January 28 at 6 p.m., PM Prime Steakhouse will host a special six-course dinner exploring one of the most sought after culinary treasures: The Truffle.
Advocate Condell recognized for excellence in stroke, heart care Jan 19, 2015 8:19 AM
Advocate Condell Medical Center has received national accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center and a top heart care designation.
Barrington Area Library Invites Community to Read, Remember, Reflect Jan 13, 2015 7:25 AM
Barrington Area Library Invites Community to Read, Remember, Reflect
Girl Scouts introduce Rah-Rah Raisins to 2015 cookie lineup Jan 10, 2015 1:29 PM
Local Girl Scouts will begin taking orders for the 2015 Girl Scout Cookie Program from Jan. 9-30. New this year is Rah-Rah Raisins, a cookie featuring whole grain oats, plump juicy raisins, and trendy Greek yogurt-flavored chunks. The team of flavors in this new, crisp cookie is likely to attract customers and increase sales. The rich, creamy taste of Greek yogurt has exploded in popularity over the last several years. And, in a national Girl Scout Cookie Survey, over 65 percent of participants indicated they wanted an oatmeal raisin Girl Scout Cookie.
University Center of Lake County adds a new member, programs Jan 12, 2015 9:31 AM
The University Center of Lake County entered the new year with an additional member institution and four new programs, after action taken by the University Center’s Governing Board.
- Barkley sharply rebukes D-Rose
- Wauconda board candidate calls vaccines dangerous
- Super Bowl the final act of the NFL's worst season
- Suburban cheerleaders advance to state
- Geneva, Neuqua Valley tops in dance championship
- Residents pool cash to fight Lake County homeless plan
- Ron Onesti: I know the Partridge Family, but who are The Cowsills?
- One shot in Elgin home invasion
- Images: IHSA Cheer Sectional- Rolling Meadows
- New Oakton building open for classes
- Serious health concerns for Blackhawks legend Mikita
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Woman guilty in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Wauconda woman killed in Island Lake crash
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban 'Biggest Loser' win; COD anger continues
- COD candidates largely oppose Breuder buyout package
- Critics say COD building shouldn't be named for Breuder
- Ponzi scheme nets N. Barrington man 25-year sentence
- Lawmakers: COD should be punished for Breuder buyout
- Wauconda board candidate calls vaccines dangerous
- Aurora police arrest 8 in sting offering minors for sex
- Officials: Man stabbed woman because she 'annoyed him'
- Homeless housing plan outside Lake Zurich raises fears
- DNA tests raise questions in N. Chicago attack conviction
- Barkley sharply rebukes D-Rose
- Images: IHSA Cheer Sectional- Dekalb
- Naperville families to be in Super Bowl commercial
- Elgin area education initiative kicking off
- Wheaton candidates talk priorities in downtown development
- PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) PARLING LOT CLEANING - Maintenance -Parking Lot Cleaners/Porters Wanted $10-$12 per hour. This is 3rd shift work 9pm-5am. Must have a valid drivers license and authorization to work in the US and dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396636) HEALTH CARE RECEPTIONIST - Need full time Receptionist and CNA/RN for offices in Batavia and Bloomingdale. Experience needed. Fax resume to: 630-980-0971. (id:4397001)
- SR. SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Senior Software Developer (Master's with 3 yrs exp or Bachelor's with 5 yrs exp; Major: CS, Engg, Bus. Admin., Math or equiv; Other suitable qualifications acceptable) -Hoffman Estates, IL. Job entails working with and requires experience including: JDK, J2EE, Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Webflow, Hibernate, Struts, JSF, EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, SOA, Guidewire 5.0, Web Services, JMS, JDBC, Design Patterns, DOM, SAX, JAXP, ActiveMQ, Maven, and Apache CXF. Relocation and travel to unanticipated locations within USA possible. Send resumes to Matrix Management Systems, Inc., Attn: HR, 2500 W Higgins Rd, Suite 1275, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4395631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: email@example.com (id:4396444) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396639)
- CONCIERGE - CONCIERGE Compassionate, dependable, and safety-minded individual who relates well and speaks easily with senior citizens is needed to meet daily with our short term rehab patients to address their non-clinical re-quests and to do all possible to bring about a high level of satisfaction during their stay. Interested parties with strong customer service skills contact: Ellyn Hanson, Admissions Dir. Lee Manor 1301 Lee Street Des Plaines, IL 60018 847-635-4000 (id:4396629) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) MATERIAL HANDLER - Terrazzo and Marble Supply Co. Needs 2 FT Material Handlers. $13-hr. send resumes to HR@tmsupply.com or apply at 77 Wheeling Rd, 60090 (id:4396195)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.