Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Tennis
Girls tennis: Saturday’s results Oct 26, 2014 12:55 AM
Here are high school girls tennis results from Saturday, Oct. 25.
Girls tennis: Minor, Stevenson tandem win state titles Oct 25, 2014 11:29 PM
The Minor hand-me-downs include good genes. And a headband. “I found it at home. She just left it,” Carmel Catholic senior Brienne Minor said of a headband worn by her older sister Jasmine, who won the state singles championship for Carmel in 2010. “I just figured if she won with it, then I could win state too.” The Minors have a tradition of great tennis players in their family, and that was evident again Saturday, as Minor captured the state title over Isabella Lorenzini of Hinsdale Central. Minor prevailed in a grueling, two-and-a-half-hour match — 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 — at Buffalo Grove. Last year’s single champion, Naperville Central’s Tiffany Chen, settled for third place, while Stevenson took home the second-place trophy for the first time since 1996. Stevenson’s Kate Harvey and Vinaya Rao captured the doubles title, while teammates Zoe Taylor and Kaylin Dong finished fifth.
Girls tennis: Stevenson positioned for trophy finish Oct 24, 2014 7:31 PM
Stevenson’s top-seeded doubles team of Zoe Taylor and Kaylin Dong suffered an upset loss on Day 2 of the girls tennis state tournament Friday morning, but the Patriots still find themselves in position to win a state trophy at Buffalo Grove on Saturday. Hinsdale Central has a commanding lead in the team standings with 44 points, with Stevenson and Lyons Township tied for second with 33 points — well ahead of fourth-place New Trier (22).
Girls tennis: Kawai, Linden continue in backdraw Oct 24, 2014 8:37 PM
Palatine freshman Asuka Kawai and Barrington junior Michelle Linden are the lone Mid-Suburban League players left in the girls tennis state meet following the second session in the three-day tournament. The action continues Saturday, with championship semifinals starting at 9 a.m. at Buffalo Grove. In singles, defending champ Tiffany Chen of Naperville Central faces Isabella Lorenzini of Hinsdale Central and Meg Kowalski of Lyons meets Brienne Minor of Carmel. Doubles features Megan Hickey/Stefana Vasic (Lyons) against Erica Oku/Stephanie Dolehide (Hinsdale Central) and Rugile Valiunaite/Sandra Keta (Hinsdale Central) against Vinaya Rao/Katherine Harvey (Stevenson).
Naperville Central’s Chen keeps repeat bid on track Oct 24, 2014 5:13 PM
Naperville Central junior Tiffany Chen has a way of luring her girls tennis opponents into a false sense of security.
Girls tennis: Friday’s results Oct 25, 2014 1:04 AM
Here are high school girls tennis results from Friday, Oct. 24.
South Elgin’s Derowski still alive at state Oct 23, 2014 10:41 PM
South Elgin sophomore Lisa Derowski is the only remaining Fox Valley area player in the state girls tennis tournament, which is being played at several venues throughout the Northwest suburbs.
Images: Thursday in Girls State Tennis Oct 23, 2014 6:15 PM
Images from Thursday of the IHSA state tennis matches.
Lockdown over at Hoffman Estates High School Oct 23, 2014 1:21 PM
A soft lockdown of Hoffman Estates High School that began when an unattended package was found at about 10:30 a.m. in the school's stadium has ended. Hoffman Estates police Sgt. Kasia Cawley said the bomb squad cleared the area of any possibility of danger by 12:20 p.m., but the investigation of the package is continuing.
Girls tennis: Thursday’s results Oct 24, 2014 1:02 AM
Here are high school girls tennis results from Thursday, Oct. 23.
Girls tennis: Winning feels familiar for Grant’s Schoenberg Oct 23, 2014 10:58 PM
Grant sophomore Gaby Schoenberg is among the Lake County competitors who've earned the opportunity to play for a second day in the girls tennis state tournament.
Opening day at state produces several surprises Oct 23, 2014 10:01 PM
Jelly Emmanouil had reached her physical and mental end Thursday evening. “Exhausting, frustrating,” the Kaneland senior said after her 10-hour day at Hoffman Estates High School concluded without a resolution on the opening day of the girls state tennis tournament.
First-set loss doesn’t deter Glenbard East’s Allen Oct 23, 2014 10:14 PM
Advancing to the girls state tennis tournament’s fourth round isn’t supposed to be easy. Bloomington Central Catholic’s Madison Tattini made sure Glenbard East’s Kolie Allen earned her way through.
Three wins for Barrington’s Linden, Palatine’s Kawai Oct 23, 2014 7:58 PM
Day one is in the books for the girls tennis state tournament, with five entrants from the Mid-Suburban League having earned the right to continue play Friday. After Thursday’s competition at tournament host Buffalo Grove and the 11 other Mid-Suburban League sites, Hinsdale Central leads the team standings with 24 team points, while Stevenson is second with 22. Lyons stands in third with 21 points, while Barrington and Glenbrook South are tied for seventh with 13 points. The two players who met to decide the MSL singles championship are the only ones from the conference still in the championship draw: Barrington junior Michelle Linden and Palatine freshman Asuka Kawai.
Geneva’s Einck ready to take final swings at state Oct 22, 2014 9:47 AM
It can get lonely sometimes when you play in singles competition on a high school tennis team. There is no partner nearby to help erase the memories of a poorly struck shot or to offer a congratulatory high five after hitting a baseline winner. Geneva’s Kirby Einck has played at the No. 1 singles position throughout her high school career. However, she has never really been alone on the court.
Talented Kawai swings into state tournament action Oct 22, 2014 8:08 PM
As everyone prepared for the final weekend of the tennis season at the Buffalo Grove-hosted girls tennis state tennis tournament, Palatine freshman singles standout Asuka Kawai was training indoors at Schaumburg Tennis Plus. Kawai has made quite a first impression this season. Not only did she accumulate a 26-0 record to date, she also took home the MSL singles title and was crowned the Stevenson sectional champion last week. Her success to this point has placed Kawai as a 5-8 seed in the state tournament, which begins Thursday at Mid-Suburban League schools. To this point, she’s never lost a set in high school tennis.
Girls tennis: State tournament scouting, Northwest Oct 22, 2014 11:57 PM
As many as 376 hopefuls from all around Illinois have gathered for the most important weekend of high school girls tennis, as tournament host Buffalo Grove and the 11other Mid-Suburban League schools welcome the field to the area. The tournament begins at 8 a.m. Thursday and runs through Saturday. The semifinals are schedule to begin at 9 a.m. Saturday at Buffalo Grove, with the championship matches to follow.
Minor, Carmel complete sectional victories Oct 20, 2014 10:36 PM
Led by Michigan-bound senior Brienne Minor, who won singles, Carmel Catholic’s girls tennis team captured the rain-delayed Highland Park sectional, which wrapped up Monday.
Stevenson’s still winning, and so is Palatine’s Kawai Oct 18, 2014 9:52 PM
Just a week removed from Saturday’s North Suburban Conference title effort, Stevenson continued its winning ways. This version of sectional tennis host by the Patriots was played Friday and Saturday at three different venues, due to volatile weather: Vernon Hills Sports Complex, and indoors at the Libertyville Tennis Club and College Park in Deerfield. The Patriots finished at 31 points, with Barrington second with 25. Fremd and Palatine tied for third with 10 points apiece. All four Stevenson entrants qualified for the state tournament, which will be hosted by Buffalo Grove Thursday through Saturday. Palatine freshman Asuka Kawai stayed unbeaten this season by topping Barrington's Michelle Linden in the singles final.
Naperville Central doesn’t bother to rebuild Oct 18, 2014 10:13 PM
The defending state girls tennis singles champion and a doubles team that featured a player who missed this entire season added up to a sectional championship team for Naperville Central.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- No more excuses
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Strong start by Dunleavy
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.