Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Television
Couple marry after meeting at Biggest Loser Resort Mar 16, 2015 5:30 AM
What started out as a walk on a treadmill ended up being a walk down the aisle. A couple who met doing workouts in The Biggest Loser Resort's weight loss program in Bloomingdale fell in love and got married Jan. 24, after losing a combined 140 pounds. Patrick and Sarah Johnson, who now live in Palatine, believe fate intervened to bring them together this way. “The resort completely changed our lives,” Patrick said.
DVD previews: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings,’ ‘Annie’ Mar 14, 2015 5:30 AM
It's a hard-knock week, DVD-wise. Out March 17: the overblown epic "Exodus: Gods and Kings" and the disappointing "Annie" update.
Norway’s hot export: glacial TV Mar 14, 2015 7:00 AM
Watching television has become an increasingly urgent hobby. But not in Norway, where Slow TV has become a cultural phenomenon. Norwegians have reclaimed television as relaxation. They’ll watch unedited footage of a train chugging for hours from Bergen to Oslo or a 5 ½-day program chronicling the MS Nordnorge’s voyage along the coast. Even “12 hours of nonstop knitting” is a selling point.
'Better Call Saul' plays game of Easter eggs with audience Mar 14, 2015 6:30 AM
Every week, the hunt is on. When each "Better Call Saul" episode hits the air (at 9 p.m. Mondays on AMC), a certain segment of its audience answers the call, scouring the screen for covert clues. Since premiering last month, "Saul" has emerged not only as TV's most beguiling tragicomedy, but also a favorite hunting ground for high-alert Easter eggheads.
'The Royals' debuts as E!'s first scripted drama Mar 13, 2015 6:00 AM
England can breathe a sigh of relief that the newest royals don't inhabit a palace in real life. E! Entertainment Television puts a sassy, racy spin on the concept of Great Britain's first family by getting into the original-scripted-drama business as “The Royals” premieres Sunday, March 15.
Travel series serves food for thought in global hot spots Mar 13, 2015 6:00 AM
The ambitious, borderline-explosive formula for "Breaking Borders" lands a journalist and a chef in a global hot spot, where they host dinner for guests locked in conflict. "Breaking Borders" is a travelogue, cooking show and dining-table summit all in one. And somehow it works, at least to judge from the first of its 13 episodes, airing at 8 p.m. Sunday.
CBS '48 Hours' franchise on lookout for cold cases Mar 12, 2015 3:06 PM
CBS crime-focused newsmagazine '48 Hours' looking to involve viewers in solving cold cases
Univision's Rodner Figueroa fired for Michelle Obama comment Mar 12, 2015 3:06 PM
Univision fires Emmy winner Rodner Figueroa for comment on Michelle Obama
'Real Housewives of Melbourne' airing primetime in the US Mar 12, 2015 4:06 PM
Bravo airing season 2 of 'The Real Housewives of Melbourne' primetime on Thursdays in the US
3 things to know about HBO's new streaming service Mar 12, 2015 9:20 AM
HBO and ESPN have long been cited as a chief reason people keep their pay-TV bundles, amid a growing practice of "cord cutting." But last month, Dish started making ESPN available as part of a $20-a-month online television package called Sling TV. Now, HBO will offer its movies and shows over the Internet for $15 a month. Here are some things to know before you rush out to cancel your service.
Andy Samberg to host Emmy Awards on Fox in September Mar 13, 2015 7:08 AM
Andy Samberg is taking center stage at the Emmy Awards. Fox said Thursday that the star of the network's sitcom "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" will host the September ceremony.
TLC to air series about transgender teen activist Mar 13, 2015 7:19 AM
The TLC channel will air a documentary series about transgender teen activist Jazz Jennings and her family. The channel said Thursday that the 11-episode series will follow the lives of 14-year-old Jazz, who was born male, her parents, siblings and grandparents.
NBC sitcom a reflection of writer's story Mar 13, 2015 7:14 AM
Everyone has those days where their life feels like a sitcom. Starting Tuesday writer Liz Feldman's life really will be a sitcom, after she turned a painful personal episode into the series "One Big Happy," which airs at 8:30 p.m. on NBC. Actress Elisha Cuthbert portrays a lesbian having a baby with her straight male best friend, a plan suddenly complicated when he marries another woman.
Nielsen's top programs for March 2-8 Mar 10, 2015 4:05 PM
A list of the top 20 prime-time programs in the Nielsen ratings for March 2-8
‘Empire’ star Smollett comes out but doesn’t want to talk about it Mar 10, 2015 8:02 AM
On Fox’s smash musical drama “Empire,” Jussie Smollett plays Jamal Lyons, a gay R&B singer who has struggled all his life with his homophobic father. It’s one of the show’s most dramatic plot lines — and it’s inevitably led to viewers speculating about Smollett’s real-life sexuality. Until now, Smollett would not comment. So to put an end to the speculation, Smollett appeared on Ellen DeGeneres’s daytime talk show Monday afternoon. Yes, he confirmed, he’s gay — but he still doesn’t want to talk about his personal life.
PlayStation network debuts ‘Powers’ scripted series Mar 10, 2015 6:00 AM
The new series "Powers" is the latest blossoming of scripted TV fare from unexpected sources: Home base for the 10-episode show is the PlayStation network. Starting Tuesday, it will be free to PlayStation subscribers, with the first episode free to anyone for streaming through the PlayStation Store web site (a PlayStation console is not required). “Powers” focuses on a pair of homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who investigate cases involving those people of disruptive privilege known as Powers.
How an Antioch mom became an HGTV star Mar 10, 2015 8:41 AM
Antioch interior decorator Tiffany Brooks never had an interest in being on TV. Then her brother sent her an email that convinced her to audition for "HGTV Star." “I just did it to say I went," Brooks said. Brooks was chosen for the show, and won, and has since starred in several HGTV shows.
'Looks Like Laury' chronicles woman's battle with dementia Mar 10, 2015 9:06 AM
'Orange Is the New Black' actress Shulman produces film on friend's battle with early dementia
'Bachelor' looks forward to seeing a movie with his fiancee Mar 11, 2015 6:36 AM
So you've found love on reality television that ended with a proposal. Now what? Well, if you're the star of ABC's "The Bachelor," Chris Soules, you just want to go to the movies. "I keep telling (fiancee) Whitney Bischoff I want to go see 'American Sniper' with her," Soules said in an interview.
MTV aims for record-setting week Mar 9, 2015 8:05 AM
Spring fever at MTV: network tries for a week of goofy records
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Police: Man charged with DUI had 3 kids in car
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- How Jeremy Clarkson lost his job as 'Top Gear' host
- Rihanna makes 'Home' sweeter, but kiddie comedy falls short
- College of DuPage Offers New Game Animation and Design Degree
- The Adult Down Syndrome Center in Park Ridge Hosts First-of-its-Kind Event
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Police: Grayslake bank robber in custody
- 15 trucks hit new railroad bridge in Bensenville
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Getting crowded
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Cause of 5-vehicle crash on Rte. 53 investigated
- Schaumburg says yes to high-end apartment complex
- Ex-Buffalo Grove resident, Grammy Award-winning pianist returns
- Mount Prospect police release video of fatal hit-and-run crash
- Judge: Grayslake charter school should not have been renewed
- BANQUET SERVERS / BARTENDERS - Waitstaff exp'd needed for premier Banquet facility in Palatine. Wkend hrs. Only energtic, dependable people apply. Compensation depends on exp. For appt. call 847-934-5500. (id:4401825) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401632) LABORER & CDL DRIVER - Joe Meyer Tree Service Inc. of Spring Grove, IL is now hiring experienced help. The positions include competive wages, health insurance & retirement package. CDL is a plus. Providing quality tree care for 51 years. Email: email@example.com or call 847-587-0593 (id:4401689)
- PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401851)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.