Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Swimming
Girls swimming: Tuesday’s results Sep 24, 2014 1:39 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Tuesday, Sept. 23.
Girls swimming: Saturday’s results Sep 21, 2014 1:06 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Saturday, Sept. 20.
Guyett makes a splash as Barrington tops St. Charles North Sep 20, 2014 3:36 PM
It was worth the wait for standout St. Charles North freshman Audrey Guyett. Coach Rob Rooney had gone to this point of the girls swimming season without entering her in best race, the 500-yard freestyle. So a Saturday matchup at Barrington against the two-time defending high school state champ in that race, Fillies junior Kirsten Jacobsen, figured to provide a great test. Consider it passed with flying colors by Guyett, who took control a little past the race’s midpoint and won in 4:57.87, just a few seconds off the pool record. Jacobsen finished in 5:01.69, her best time so far this season. Earlier, Guyett nipped Jacobsen in a terrific 200 free race, winning by a hundredth of a second in 1:53.61.
Rosary edges Waubonsie for title Sep 20, 2014 9:31 PM
It was a big day for the Waubonsie Valley girls swimming team, but a team championship at the West Chicago Wildcat Invite would have been the icing on the cake.
Girls swimming: Thursday’s results Sep 19, 2014 12:52 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Thursday, Sept. 18.
Hersey, Wheeling gets MSL East wins Sep 18, 2014 10:06 PM
Hersey’s girls swimming and diving team picked up a Mid-Suburban East dual win against visiting Rolling Meadows on Thursday, winning 126-56 at Olympic Pool in Arlington Heights. Other MSL winners included Wheeling, Prospect, Palatine and Conant.
Girls swimming: Wednesday’s results Sep 18, 2014 3:57 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Wednesday, Sept. 17.
Fitting finish as Fremd, Barrington tie Sep 17, 2014 10:30 PM
That new scoreboard above Barrington’s pool sure is nice. It lets fans keep on top of the in-progress team score and adds a certain level of drama in the latter stages of a close dual meet. And Wednesday night at Barrington, there was plenty of drama — probably a little too much for Fremd’s liking in what turned out to be a 93-93 tie. In a great matchup of the Mid-Suburban League’s two powerhouse girls swimming and diving teams, Barrington trailed by 6 points heading into the final event, the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Girls swimming: Tuesday’s results Sep 17, 2014 12:31 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Tuesday, Sept. 16.
Libertyville teams up for victory at Palatine Sep 16, 2014 10:30 PM
There is strength in numbers, as was clearly demonstrated by Libertyville’s girls swimming and diving team on Tuesday at Palatine. And in a dual meet setting, an abundance of freestylers is especially helpful. That was one challenge the Wildcats were facing heading into this season, and coach Erik Rogers sure likes what he’s seeing in response. A team that returns three of the four members of its state-finalist 200 medley relay but lost its freestyle anchor leg from that quartet has found plenty of ways to stay among the state’s top teams. All of which helped Libertyville top the Pirates 112-74 in a nonconference matchup.
Girls swimming: Monday’s results Sep 15, 2014 11:41 PM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Monday, Sept. 15.
Girls swimming: Saturday’s results Sep 14, 2014 12:02 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Saturday, Sept. 13.
Ignatius tops at St. Viator Sep 13, 2014 10:12 PM
St. Ignatius took top honors in the St. Viator girls swimming invitational Saturday, finished with 377 points to edge Prospect (312.4), Huntley (287.5) and the host Lions (269). Prospect’s Samantha Berkley had the winning effort in the 100 fly (1:04.97). The Knights’ Betsy Rozow was second in the 50 free (25.75) and third in the 100 back (1:02.38), and Gracie Dix took third in the 100 free (58.87). Top finishers for St. Viator included Jackie Rose in the 200 free (2nd, 2:01.71) and 100 free (2nd, 56.59) and Ashley Alteri in the 100 fly (2nd, 1:05.19). Huntley’s highest placement came from Hailey Hill, second in the 500 free (5:35.67). Barrington d. Evanston: Barrington produced a strong effort to win a nonconference dual meet at Evanston on Saturday. Sarah Kate Capel won the 50-yard free (25.32) and had legs on all three of the Fillies’ winning relays as Barrington prevailed 111-75. Kirsten Jacobsen won the 200 free (1:54.82), the 100 free (54.39) and also had two winning relay legs. Andrea Vega had the top finishes in the 200 IM (2:11.35) and the 100 breast (1:07.39) for the Fillies, and Maggie Emary won the 500 free in 5:10.54.
Neuqua Valley wins with numbers Sep 13, 2014 7:20 PM
Neuqua Valley’s depth made all the difference Saturday. The Wildcats hosted their annual swimming and diving invite that included several powerful guests, and they took the championship for the second year in a row despite the absence of several key operatives, due to injury, the ACT and a college visit.
Girls swimming: Thursday’s results Sep 12, 2014 12:22 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Thursday, Sept. 11.
Vega, Barrington handle Hersey Sep 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Barrington senior Andrea Vega had two individual victories along with legs on two winning relays to help host Barrington past Hersey 132-53 in Mid-Suburban League girls swimming Thursday. Vega’s solo wins came in the 200-yard IM (2:13.21) and 100 free (55.48). She joined Kelly Holmes, Alicia Han and Sara Kate Capel on the medley relay and Emma Barnett, Kael Ragnini and Emma Toth on the 400 free relay. Other Fillies event winners inlcuded Barnett in the 200 free (2:00.15), Capel in the 50 free (25.56), Kirsten Jacobsen in the 500 free (5:02.02), Emma Graves in the 100 fly (1:01.78) and Maggie Emary in the 100 back (1:02.68). Hersey freshman Olivia Kusio won the 100 breast in 1:11.26, and the Huskies’ Madeline Bovino had the top effort in diving (186).
Girls swimming: Wednesday’s results Sep 11, 2014 12:03 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Wednesday, Sept. 10.
St. Viator edges Cary-Grove Sep 10, 2014 8:48 PM
St. Viator girls swimming team got its first victory under new coach Jamie Klotz on Wednesday as the Lions edged visiting Cary-Grove 52-42.
Girls swimming: Tuesday’s results Sep 10, 2014 12:27 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Tuesday, Sept. 9.
Girls swimming: Saturday’s results Sep 7, 2014 12:44 AM
Here are high school girls swimming results from Saturday, Sept. 6.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Theology student denies soliciting child
- Ex-Lake County jail officers indicted over man's death
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- Construction begins on Chicago-Moline rail line
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Does reality TV hurt girls?
- Miles: Cubs owe Renteria a quick answer
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389520) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.