Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Sugar Grove
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Tri-Cities get into spirit with these Halloween events Oct 16, 2014 7:53 PM
From family fun to terrifying haunted houses, check out these Halloween events in the Tri-Cities.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
Learn about historic barns at Garfield Farm Museum Oct 13, 2014 4:39 PM
If you want to learn more about historic barns, attend “Barns 101” and/or “Barns 201” at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Garfield Farm Museum in Campton Hills. “Barns 201” requires having attended “Barns 101” previously. The morning lecture, given by museum special projects manager Dave Bauer, will provide a general overview of historic barns. The afternoon lecture will cover more advanced topics and assumes “Barns 101” or equivalent knowledge.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Tri-Cities police reports Oct 9, 2014 5:30 PM
Daniel L. Dredge, 20, of Maple Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, no insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 7:40 p.m. Sunday after he hit a utility pole and crashed into a cornfield near Perry and Harter roads near Maple Park, according to a sheriff’s report.
VNA Health Care gets grant from American Cancer Society, NFL to fight breast cancer in Aurora Oct 9, 2014 7:11 PM
The National Football League’s A Crucial Catch Initiative has provided another year of funding to support increased access to breast cancer education and screening resources in underserved communities through the American Cancer Society. The grant will be used to support “A Crucial Catch Day — Your Day to Fight Breast Cancer” community health event on Saturday, Oct. 25, in Aurora, to provide free lifesaving breast cancer education and screening. Women are invited to come out to the free event and learn ways to reduce the risk of breast cancer and the importance of the early detection of breast cancer.
Sugar Grove says no to video gambling at gas station Oct 8, 2014 8:26 PM
Sugar Grove officials indicated they don't want to allow video gambling at the BP Expresslane station at Route 47 and Cross Street. Village President Sean Michels and others said they were concerned about traffic and the fact that a school is only a block away.
Taylor 2 Dance Company to peform at Fermilab Oct 8, 2014 2:36 PM
The Fermilab Arts and Lecture Series will present Paul Taylor’s Taylor 2 Dance at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 11, in Ramsey Auditorium. The show is dedicated to longtime auditorium committee volunteer and former chairwoman Nancy Carrigan.
Renz Center to host “Epicurean Delight” fundraiser Oct 8, 2014 10:56 AM
In celebrating 53 years of community service, Renz Addiction Counseling Center is hosting its 7th Annual Epicurean Delight Fundraiser from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Max McGraw Wildlife. Community residents are invited to attend and enjoy such gourmet fare as almond crusted duck salad with blackberry dressing, smoked salmon, pheasant kabobs, sesame chicken and an assortment of vegetarian canapé among other appetizers and desserts by McGraw’s top culinary chef. Max McGraw Wildlife Foundation is located in West Dundee, and sits on 1,200 acres of picturesque hardwoods, prairies, lakes, and streams.
Sandwich, Ill., man killed in Big Rock car crash Oct 7, 2014 7:19 PM
One person was killed Tuesday morning in a single-vehicle crash near Jericho and Granart roads near Big Rock, according to Kane County authorities.
NIU Law offers new certificate in public interest law Oct 6, 2014 8:17 PM
Northern Illinois University College of Law is offering a new certificate program in public interest law to complement its four other certificate programs in business law, international law, criminal practice and civil advocacy. NIU Law students have a variety of community-focused public interest opportunities available to them to supplement the curriculum highlighted within the public interest certificate. The school opened the Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic in Rockford, Illinois in 2001 and added a juvenile program there in 2011.
Aging Gracefully Expo: Strengthen Your Mind, Body & Spirit Oct 6, 2014 5:03 PM
The Holmstad, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community administered by Covenant Retirement Communities, and North Park University will present the “Aging Gracefully Expo,” a daylong event designed to soften the aging process by strengthening the mind, body and spirit. The event is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Holmstad, 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia.
Mental health group to host speakers Oct 6, 2014 2:32 PM
National Alliance on Mental Illness-DeKalb, Kane-South & Kendall Counties is sponsoring its monthly coffee from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 11. This free event will be held at NOVO Counseling: Renewing Joy in Life, 56 W. State St., Suite B, Sycamore. The topic will be “Food for Thought: Promoting Healthy and Happy Brains.”
Girl Scouts open Camp Explorers Oct 7, 2014 2:17 PM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will open Camp Dean in Big Rock to the public for a Camp Explorers program on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This youth and family-friendly event will include cardboard boat races, archery, crate stacking, fishing, and a scavenger hunt.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Quinn urges deal in Waukegan teacher strike
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Elgin man charged with murder
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Waukegan school board meeting boils over
- Attorney concerned with safety of woman who slashed daughter's throat
- Washington school shooter memorialized with victims
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- 11 tall towers envisioned for one Des Plaines complex
- New lanes to open on I-90 tollway
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Elgin man charged with his 5th DUI
- Obama says U.S. can't shy away from Ebola battle
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- New crew needed to right the ship
- Rauner endorsement was right move
- Answering questions about District 116's ballot issue
- Carol Stream man gets 35 years for sexual assaults
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Bears should move on without Cutler
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Railroad rerouting removes Gary runway obstacle
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance -PT Live-in maintenance person for senior community in Mt. Prospect. Light repairs and janitorial work in exchange for 2 bedroom apartment and small salary. Empathy for seniors essential. firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 630.499.0156 (id:4389386) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) JOB FAIR - Now hiring in Hoffman Estates, IL! SEASONAL JOB FAIR Choose the date most convenient for you! Wed Oct 22nd, Thurs Oct 23rd & Fri Oct 24th 9AM-7PM Hoffman Estates Retail Store Walk-ins welcome. Resume required. Scheduled interviews preferred. We are currently hiring: Seasonal Outfitters Clothing, Footwear, Cashier, Gun Counter, Warehouse Must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a drug & background test. Gun Counter applicants must be 21 years of age. Must have minimum 20 hours availability including weekends. We offer generous merchandise discounts. Candidates are encouraged to call 847-645-0428 to schedule an interview time or apply online prior to the event at www.cabelas.jobs EOE (id:4389063) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.