Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Sugar Grove
Film to explore underfunded public schools Oct 21, 2014 12:18 PM
The 2013 documentary “Rise Above the Mark” will be shown at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24, at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva. The film, narrated by Peter Coyote, was made by the West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation in Indiana.
Harry Barnes, bonafide popcorn aficionado, delights residents’ senses at GreenFields of Geneva Oct 17, 2014 10:12 PM
There’s little in the way of olfactory delights like the smell of popcorn. This enticing aroma is common in the hallways of GreenFields of Geneva, the home of Harry Barnes, a bonafide popcorn aficionado. Harry has grown popcorn for too many years to count, and he and his wife Donna will often create delectable snacks from the food that they’ve cultivated from seed to popped kernel.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
VNA Hospice will offer grief support group Oct 16, 2014 7:18 PM
VNA Hospice will offer a grief support group from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 17, at Moss Funeral Home in downtown St. Charles. A second group will meet on Thursday, Nov. 20, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at VNA Health Care in Aurora.
Valley Fire Protection Systems tapped for major project Oct 15, 2014 6:29 PM
Valley Fire Protection Systems is pleased to announce that it has been selected to design and install complete fire protection systems in a massive new tire distribution facility being built in Wilmington, Ill.
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
Albright Theatre presents “The Memory of Water” Oct 14, 2014 4:45 PM
The Albright Theatre Company in Batavia presents “The Memory of Water” by Shelagh Stephenson Oct. 31 to Nov. 15. It is a poignant play about the homecoming of three sisters who all come home to plan the funeral for their mother, who has recently died after a battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
Tri-Cities get into spirit with these Halloween events Oct 16, 2014 7:53 PM
From family fun to terrifying haunted houses, check out these Halloween events in the Tri-Cities.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
Learn about historic barns at Garfield Farm Museum Oct 13, 2014 4:39 PM
If you want to learn more about historic barns, attend “Barns 101” and/or “Barns 201” at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Garfield Farm Museum in Campton Hills. “Barns 201” requires having attended “Barns 101” previously. The morning lecture, given by museum special projects manager Dave Bauer, will provide a general overview of historic barns. The afternoon lecture will cover more advanced topics and assumes “Barns 101” or equivalent knowledge.
Tri-Cities police reports Oct 9, 2014 5:30 PM
Daniel L. Dredge, 20, of Maple Park, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, no insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 7:40 p.m. Sunday after he hit a utility pole and crashed into a cornfield near Perry and Harter roads near Maple Park, according to a sheriff’s report.
VNA Health Care gets grant from American Cancer Society, NFL to fight breast cancer in Aurora Oct 9, 2014 7:11 PM
The National Football League’s A Crucial Catch Initiative has provided another year of funding to support increased access to breast cancer education and screening resources in underserved communities through the American Cancer Society. The grant will be used to support “A Crucial Catch Day — Your Day to Fight Breast Cancer” community health event on Saturday, Oct. 25, in Aurora, to provide free lifesaving breast cancer education and screening. Women are invited to come out to the free event and learn ways to reduce the risk of breast cancer and the importance of the early detection of breast cancer.
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Sugar Grove says no to video gambling at gas station Oct 8, 2014 8:26 PM
Sugar Grove officials indicated they don't want to allow video gambling at the BP Expresslane station at Route 47 and Cross Street. Village President Sean Michels and others said they were concerned about traffic and the fact that a school is only a block away.
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- A trip back in time
- Bulls' Butler will be restricted free agent
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.