Activate Your Free
Articles filed under State Legislature
Suburban Dems help party keep majority Nov 5, 2014 1:22 AM
Besieged suburban Democrats who clung to narrow leads in the races for their Illinois House seats played a key role in their party’s hopes to maintain one advantage despite the Republicans’ apparent victory in the race for governor Tuesday.
Longtime incumbent McAuliffe re-elected in 20th House Nov 5, 2014 12:34 AM
Longtime state legislator Mike McAuliffe — the only elected Republican in Chicago — said Tuesday after winning another 2-year term to the state House that part of his staying power is connecting with voters.
Sente, re-elected in House 59, looks ahead to budget reform Nov 5, 2014 12:56 AM
Carol Sente, re-elected to the House 59 seat in the Illinois legislature, says her priority will be budget reform and economic development once she returns to Springfield.
Moeller leads with Cook County majority in 43rd House race Nov 4, 2014 9:45 PM
Incumbent Anna Moeller of Elgin leads Jeffrey Meyer, also of Elgin, in the 43rd House District race with most Cook County precincts reporting and some Kane County numbers trickling in.
Crespo beats Juarez for second time in 44th District Nov 4, 2014 11:38 PM
Democratic state Rep. Fred Crespo beat his second-time Republican rival Ramiro Juarez with 54.4 percent of the vote and 52 of 55 precincts reporting. . “I’m very impressed by the voters of the 44th District,” Crespo said late Tuesday.
Mussman narrowly keeps 56th District House seat Nov 5, 2014 1:26 AM
Democratic state Rep. Michelle Mussman narrowly defeated Republican challenger Jim Moynihan to hold onto her 56th District state House seat, according to unofficial results early Wednesday morning. “I’m certainly happy to have squeaked by,” Mussman said.
Moylan defeats Thillens for second term in 55th District House Nov 5, 2014 12:35 AM
State Rep. Marty Moylan may have only beat Republican opponent Mel Thillens by a slim margin in Tuesday’s election, but he says he doesn’t mind being in a competitive district. “I worked the district very hard. We’ve hit houses twice sometimes,” said Moylan, a Des Plaines Democrat who was elected to his second term in the state House’s 55th District.
Democratic incumbent Sam Yingling edges Drobinski in tight 62nd state House race Nov 5, 2014 12:19 AM
Democratic incumbent Sam Yingling edges Republican challenger Rod Drobinski to reclaim his state House 62nd District seat.
Democrat Link running away in state senate race Nov 4, 2014 10:24 PM
Democratic state Sen. Terry Link retained his seat in convincing fashion in Tuesday’s election. He defeated Republican Don Wilson, a Gurnee trustee who made his first run for a state-level office.
Hot races in DuPage County Nov 3, 2014 5:30 AM
Voters throughout DuPage County will travel to the polls on Tuesday to pick who will represent them at the county, state and congressional level. Here’s a look at four of the hottest races DuPage voters will be deciding.
Hot races in Lake County Nov 3, 2014 5:30 AM
Many incumbent candidates in federal, state and local governments have faced stiff, and often contentious challenges, during what has been a heated and often nasty midterm election campaign. The Lake County ballot contains several hot races, including the 10th Congressional, Lake County Sheriff and the 62nd and 59th state legislative districts.
Hot races in the Northwest suburbs Nov 3, 2014 5:30 AM
Voters in the Northwest suburbs will travel to the polls Tuesday to pick who will represent them at the county, state and congressional level. Here’s a look at four of the hottest races voters will be deciding.
Hot races in the Fox Valley Nov 3, 2014 5:30 AM
New sheriffs will be elected in Kane and McHenry counties on Tuesday. They are among the most hotly contested countywide and legislative contests on the ballot for Fox Valley voters this year.
Hot races in the Tri-Cities area Nov 3, 2014 5:30 AM
The Kane County sheriff's race highlights a roster of election contests Tuesday that are guaranteed to produce a new office holder. Other hotly contested races include: Kane County Board District 11, the 14th and 11th Congressional Districts, and the 50th State House seat.
Accusations fly over 44th District campaign mailer Nov 2, 2014 11:00 PM
State Rep. Fred Crespo on Sunday denied any involvement with a campaign mailer insulting the Latino heritage of his opponent, Ramiro Juarez, and instead blamed the Republican’s own camp. Juarez said the flyer, which depicts him operating a lawn mower and refers to him as the “son of another illegal immigrant,” was so distressing that he stopped campaigning earlier than planned Sunday because he felt ill.
Parties, PACs pouring money into 56th District race Oct 30, 2014 10:57 PM
Campaign contributions in the 56th District state House race show the contest between Democratic incumbent Michelle Mussman and Republican challenger Jim Moynihan is one both parties are taking seriously.
Three lanes of Addams Tollway opening Oct 29, 2014 10:29 AM
The Illinois Tollway is opening three lanes of roadway in each direction between Rockford and Elgin as part of a $2.5 billion rebuilding project. Gov. Pat Quinn announced the development Tuesday. Officials say the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway — also known as Interstate 90 — will be a state-of-the-art road from Interstate 294 to Interstate 39.
New chairman of chief judges body named Oct 29, 2014 10:28 AM
A northern Illinois judge who helped implement a cameras-in-court program has been selected to be chairman of a committee comprised of chief judges from around the state.
Yingling holds big fundraising lead in House 62 race Oct 29, 2014 5:28 PM
Democratic incumbent state Rep. Sam Yingling is well ahead of Republican challenger Rod Drobinski in fundraising in the race for the 62nd District seat. Yingling has received about $417,000 in cash and in-kind contributions since July 1, about triple that of Drobinski, a Lake County gangs prosecutor.
Moylan and Thillens exchange differences one last time before election Oct 29, 2014 6:18 PM
Candidates engaged in a tight battle for state representative of the 55th District met for one final time before Election Day to lay out their differences. State Rep. Marty Moylan, a Des Plaines Democrat, and Republican opponent Mel Thillens, the Park Ridge park board president, largely held to familiar campaign themes Wednesday at their debate.
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Police still seek man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Catholic Schools Week celebration takes flight
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Ex-trustee: Breuder was offered $2 million buyout in 2009
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Imrem: Spellman truly a man of the people
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- Elgin boy killed in accident remembered as outgoing
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- 2 Bartlett High students face felony hacking charges
- U-46 candidate apologizes for offensive Facebook post
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- TREE CLIMBER - Horticulture -Tree Climber 5-10 years exp., Bucket Truck exp. a plus. GRO Horticultural Enterprises, Inc. Phone -847-669-8658 (id:4396205) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4396295) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929)
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294)
- DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS - Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy has openings for full-time and part-time Front Desk Admission positions at our Arlington Heights Clinic. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefit package and bonuses. Apply online at www.team-rehab.com (id:4396446) MEDICAL ASSISTANT - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396445)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.