Activate Your Free
Articles filed under State Executive
Rauner: State agencies say they’ll run out of money Dec 16, 2014 4:21 PM
Republican Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner said Tuesday state agencies are asking for about $760 million to prevent running out of money by the summer, but he didn’t outline a plan to address it. The Winnetka businessman said agencies have been spending faster than they should instead of making their budgets last a full year.
Illinois governors have filled 16 vacancies since 1848 Dec 11, 2014 4:52 PM
Illinois governors have filled 16 vacancies in statewide offices since 1848. None is as unusual as the one left this week by the death of Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka.
Memorial service for Topinka set for Wednesday Dec 11, 2014 5:26 PM
A public memorial service for late Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka is scheduled for next week. The comptroller’s office says the memorial service will be held at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at Operating Engineers’ Local 150 headquarters in Countryside.
Approved state checks limited after Topinka’s death Dec 11, 2014 5:27 PM
As state officials contemplate replacing late Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka, the clock is running down for those dependent on the checks the office issues. There are a limited number of checks she approved before her death, raising the specter of a possible funding gap for schools and social service agencies should a successor not be chosen quickly.
Judy Baar Topinka remembered as good-humored truth-teller Dec 11, 2014 5:03 AM
Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka died early Wednesday, less than 24 hours after having a stroke, according to her office. Tributes have been pouring in since. “Never without her signature sense of humor, Judy was a force of nature,” Gov. Pat Quinn said in a statement.
Images: Judy Baar Topinka through the years Dec 10, 2014 8:53 AM
Images of Judy Baar Topkina through the years. The Illinois comptroller died early Wednesday. She was 70.
Rauner tackles full transition agenda Nov 22, 2014 12:00 PM
From dealing with a rush of jobseekers to a leaky roof and hard feelings among opponents he now needs, Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner has been busily preparing to take over Illinois. His plans include staging a “big party” to celebrate “our great state” at his inauguration, even as he struggles to get a handle on the state’s “horrible” budget situation.
Rauner: State finances are 'stunningly bad' Nov 21, 2014 9:22 AM
Republican Bruce Rauner today tried to set the stage for the challenges he now faces when he's sworn in as governor in January. “The financial condition of the state of Illinois is stunningly bad,” Rauner said, speaking to reporters at the Capitol in Springfield. The Winnetka Republican started his transition into the job two weeks ago after being elected Nov. 4.
Seeking ideas, Rauner creates transition website Nov 18, 2014 6:17 AM
Illinois Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner is launching a website that will allow individuals to apply for jobs in his administration. The website is www.MakeIllinoisGreat.com. Visitors also can submit ideas to improve the state.
Business leaders look forward to Rauner administration Nov 9, 2014 7:35 AM
Some business leaders see Bruce Rauner as the symbol of potential change in Illinois’ reputation. “Bruce Rauner’s election will solve 50 percent of our perception problem,” Illinois Manufacturers Association President Greg Baise said.
Local Democrats power past Rauner machine with fists Nov 7, 2014 7:28 AM
Everywhere Rauner won, Democrats running for the Illinois House — many of them freshman who are often among the most vulnerable lawmakers — also won. How is that possible? The Democratic lawmakers used their fists. To knock on doors.
Rauner to tour Illinois after winning office Nov 7, 2014 9:02 AM
Republican Governor-elect Bruce Rauner is planning a statewide tour by plane after ousting Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn. Rauner spokesman Lance Trover says stops on Friday will include Springfield and Marion. Rauner is a venture capitalist from Winnetka who sought office for the first time. It was a tight contest between him and Quinn, who was seeking a second full term.
State GOP: Rauner win a rebirth for the party Nov 5, 2014 4:54 PM
Bruce Rauner’s Election Night win is being hailed as the “rebirth of the Illinois Republican Party” by party officials who are looking to emulate Rauner’s success in years to come. “For Republicans, this means we’re back in the game,” said Palatine state Sen. Matt Murphy.
Wheaton’s Sanguinetti will lead Rauner transition team Nov 5, 2014 5:21 PM
Republican Bruce Rauner named his running mate, Evelyn Sanguinetti of Wheaton, to lead his transition team to the governor’s office.
Quinn: It’s clear we do not have the votes to win Nov 5, 2014 5:41 PM
Democratic Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has conceded his re-election campaign to Winnetka businessman Bruce Rauner, setting up the first transition in a dozen years to a Republican in the governor’s mansion.
Rauner might start lonely at the top Nov 5, 2014 5:20 PM
Despite his decisive win throughout the collar counties, Rauner’s political coattails were short. Suburban Democrats in the Illinois House kept their seats, so Rauner will have to deal with a group of lawmakers less receptive to his ideas than he'd hoped.
5 reasons why Quinn lost Nov 5, 2014 4:22 PM
More than 20 hours after the polls closed, Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn conceded he lost his race against Republican businessman Bruce Rauner. Why did he lose? Here are five reasons.
5 reasons why Rauner won Nov 5, 2014 4:23 PM
Big margins in the suburbs and downstate Illinois carried the day for Winnetka Republican Bruce Rauner over Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn. But why did Rauner win voters over? Here are five reasons.
Governors: Wisconsin’s Walker bests Democrat Burke Nov 4, 2014 11:54 PM
Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker won re-election over Democratic challenger Mary Burke Tuesday, overcoming fierce opposition from organized labor for his third election victory in four years — and clearing the way for a potential presidential campaign in 2016. Walker’s victory in Wisconsin was part of a larger Republican sweep in governor’s races across the country.
Images: Election Night in the suburbs Nov 5, 2014 12:49 AM
Images of Election Night in the suburbs of Chicago. Voters selected members of Congress, State Senators and Representatives, and county-level leaders .
- Suburban districts get funding boost for preschool programs
- Community decries board member's 'no gay' remarks
- Libya: Fighting closes largest oil export terminal
- Hawthorn Woods wants to get it right on Route 53 recommendation
- Aurora fire, pipe burst damages high-rise units
- Video helps refugee share his story with Glen Ellyn classmates
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- Craig Ferguson to bring tour to suburbs
- Memorial service for Topinka set for Wednesday
- For Cubs and Lester, it was perfect timing
- Stevenson students caught in sexting investigation
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- Are Bears more embarrassing on, off field?
- Bears GM addresses Kromer situation
- Fire battalion chief terminated
- Bears' season continues to take on water
- Couple charged after Crystal Lake drug raid
- Flu coming earlier, harsher than last year
- Rauner: State agencies say they'll run out of money
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Get your career moving join our team today! Handling Company is looking for Passenger Service Agents for international/domestic operations at O'Hare Intl Airport. Full-Time and Part-Time positions available. Benefits. Apply in person at 515 Express Center Dr, Chicago IL 60666 or on-line www.tasinc.aero (id:4393675) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393303) ORDER ENTRY OFFICE ASSISTANT - Immediate PT Order Entry in Wood Dale. $12-hr + FT potential. Quickbooks exp preferred. email@example.com (id:4393448)
- EDUCATION - SUBSTITUTES NEEDED Community Unit School District 200 District 200 is seeking sub teachers and teaching asst. to serve grades PreK-12 in the Wheaton/Warrenville area. Salary: $85/day Sub Teacher $10.25/hr. Sub Teach Asst. Online Application: www.cusd200.org (id:4393586) INVENTORY TAKER PT - Inventory Taker PT -in NW Chicago. No exp. nec. Must be at least 18 & have reliable transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349. www.rgisinv.com keyword dist057 (id:4392729) MOLDING SUPERVISOR - Production -3rd shift injection Molding Supervisor. Supervise 3 operators and one material handler. Work schedule: Mon-Thurs 10:30pm -6:15am, Friday 10:30pm -7am. Air conditioned shop. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393349)
- PT OFFICE TECH - VILLAGE OF GLENDALE HEIGHTS PART-TIME OFFICE TECHNICIAN GLENDALE LAKES GOLF CLUB The Glendale Lakes Golf Club is accepting applications for a part-time Office Technician. The schedule for this position is Monday through Sunday with varying days and shifts as needed by the facility. This is a 20-25 hour per week position. The part-time Office Technician performs routine clerical work in answering telephones, receiving and responding to the public both verbally and in writing, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, data entry, bookkeeping and filing as well as general office and clerical work. Graduation from High School or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, reception, answering telephones, data entry, accounting and bookkeeping, and two years of responsible related clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent computer and customer service skills and also have the ability to interact with the public and a diverse population of business and professional clients. Applicants will be tested on MS Office skills (Excel and Word), customer service skills and their typing speed and accuracy rate (35 wpm minimum). HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a Village of Glendale Heights employment application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attention: Human Resources Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background investigation. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15 mile radius of the Village. Posted 11-4-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4392743) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Administrative Assistant Arl Hts Contractor seeks detail oriented admin to assist our project managers -typing, copying, scanning, filing, file-maintenance, email, purchase order entry and related document follow-up. Will also handle work comp, gen liab & auto claims w/our ins carriers. Receive initial claim info, review w exec/mgmt, enter claims online, paper & elec filing, maintain internal incident & OSHA logs. Attend claim review and safety meetings along with various other safety projects and functions. Other resp may incl EEO docs, I-Pass replenishment & vehicle registrations, purchasing printed materials and office supplies. Ability to use outlook, excel & word is required. Insurance experience is highly preferred. Salary commensurate with exp, benefits. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4393509) FIRST PRESSMAN - Leading provider of commercial printing and direct mail services seeks an experienced First Pressman to: (1) set up and operate all types of full web printing equipment (36 inches or wider); (2) ensure production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements; (3) find innovative solutions to problems and look for opportunities to improve processes and outcomes; and (4) train and develop other Pressroom employees. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393599)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.