Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Stangland, Sean
Football? Nah, Costner’s best on the baseball fieldApr 11, 2014 12:00 AM
It has been almost 30 years since Kevin Costner first appeared on film fans’ radars. But today brings the theatrical release of “Draft Day,” an Ivan Reitman comedy/feature-length NFL commercial that puts Costner back in the genre in which he seems to be most comfortable: the sports movie.
See more of your favorite 'Game of Thrones' starsApr 4, 2014 12:00 AM
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 begins Sunday on HBO, but hardcore fans want more. Sean will tell you how can meet some "GoT" actors later this month.
Want more Ron Burgundy? You got itMar 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Fans of 2004’s “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” had to wait nearly 10 years for a sequel. Now, just a little more than three months after the Channel 4 Action News Team returned to theaters, fans can bring home three different versions of that sequel.
The best TV show you’re (probably) not watchingMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
The idea of resurrecting a popular horror movie in the guise of a serialized prequel for television is not one that inspires confidence, but NBC’s “Hannibal,” starring Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen as the titular cannibal, is an elegant, operatic triumph.
‘Grand Budapest’ director’s films shine on Blu-rayMar 12, 2014 12:00 AM
"Grand Budapest Hotel" director Wes Anderson's films are known for their wit and color, and premium video distributor Criterion presents them at their very best on Blu-ray.
Still the maestro of the moviesMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
John Williams, certainly the most popular and arguably the most important film composer of all time, is still going at age 82. Here are five essential (yet unheralded) pieces by the man who just got his 49th Oscar nomination.
Liam Neeson the actor, not the action starFeb 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Liam Neeson, who rose to considerable fame and acclaim in 1993 with Steven Spielberg’s Oscar-winning “Schindler’s List,” has in recent years found a lucrative niche playing middle-aged action heroes in movies like “Non-Stop,” which opens Friday. His most iconic roles — as opportunistic businessman-turned-savior Oskar Schindler, Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn in “Star Wars: Episode I” and a vengeful father with a “particular set of skills” in “Taken” — have perhaps overshadowed a career full of fine and diverse performances. Here are Sean Stangland's five favorites.
Johnson hits the track at Daytona with his eyes on the prizeFeb 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Records, as they say, are made to be broken. And a major sports record could be tied this year, the one for Sprint Cup championships in a career: seven, currently held by Richard Petty and the late Dale Earnhardt, and being pursued by Jimmie Johnson.
Which hockey movie takes the gold medal?Feb 21, 2014 12:00 AM
"Miracle," "Slap Shot" and "The Mighty Ducks" are all popular hockey movies, but none of them are Sean Stangland's favorite.
Not all escapist fare is for kidsFeb 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Thanks to Harry Potter, “Lord of the Rings” and Hollywood’s insistence that no big-budget movie be rated R, imaginative fantasy and sci-fi films have become synonymous with kiddie fare — or, at the very least, kid-friendly fare. So theatergoers this week get a PG-13 remake of “RoboCop.” It could be an entertaining romp, but its gory, vulgar, R-rated predecessor was so much more than that.
Another way to play with Legos Feb 7, 2014 12:00 AM
“The Lego Movie,” a new 3-D animated feature from the makers of “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” and “21 Jump Street,” arrives in theaters today with an impressive roster of vocal talents and a lot of positive buzz. It was only a matter of time before the Danish toy would hit the silver screen — Lego has expanded far beyond its line of colorful construction blocks to include video games, direct-to-video movies, retail stores, theme parks and attractions like the Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg.
Super Sunday: Football funday is finally here Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The biggest day on the NFL calendar is here, the virtual holiday known as Super Bowl Sunday. This year’s championship game, airing at 5:30 on Fox, pits veteran QB Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos against controversial loudmouth Richard Sherman and the Seattle Seahawks, but the on-field fireworks may once again take a backseat to the expensive commercials and another lavish halftime show.
Watch the nominees at home Jan 24, 2014 12:00 AM
In five weeks and two days, one of this year's nine best picture nominees will win the Academy Award — and most of the millions of people watching the telecast around the world will have seen none of the contenders.
‘Blue Jasmine’ is Allen’s latest on Blu-ray Jan 17, 2014 12:00 AM
At age 78, with more than 40 directorial credits to his name, Woody Allen is still a relevant, revered figure in the film industry who shows no signs of slowing down. His latest effort, “Blue Jasmine,” comes to Blu-ray, DVD and VOD services next Tuesday and boasts a performance from Cate Blanchett that has already won her a Golden Globe and a bevy of film critics’ awards.
Getting fit with a Wii U Jan 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Nintendo’s popular fitness program launches Friday on its Wii U console.“Wii Fit U” gives players more than 70 activities to try. With the use of the Wii Fit balance board peripheral, you can dance along to hip-hop and Flamenco routines, do a little virtual luging or scuba diving, and, gulp, weigh yourself to keep track of your progress.
Where are the 'Lost' castaways now?Jan 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Before he was hired to lead the new CBS thriller “Intelligence,” premiering at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Josh Holloway turned heads for six years as troubled hero Sawyer on ABC’s “Lost.” The landmark mystery series with the controversial ending was jampacked with charismatic, talented actors. So where can you see them now?
From Cumberbatch to Targaryen: The best of 2013 Dec 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Sean doesn’t have a top-ten list, but he does have a look at a few of his favorite things from all corners of pop culture in 2013.
The state of ‘SNL’ as it approaches 40 Dec 20, 2013 12:00 AM
“Saturday Night Live” reaches the halfway point of its 39th season this weekend with what should be its most entertaining episode of 2013: Former cast member Jimmy Fallon returns to host with musical guest — and unlikely comedy assassin — Justin Timberlake. The episode, airing at 10:30 p.m. Saturday on NBC, comes at a critical time for the television stalwart. A show often criticized for not being as good as it used to be is actually living up to that tired line.
Deck the DVR with boughs of hollyDec 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Holiday movies and specials are dominating your on-screen cable guide these days, and the next week brings us merry and bright reasons to set those DVRs. To get you started off right, NBC presents Frank Capra's classic “It's a Wonderful Life” at 7 p.m. Saturday.
‘Shawshank’ director comes back to TV Nov 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Frank Darabont, the writer/director who made his name with three big-screen Stephen King adaptations, returns to television next week, two years after being ousted as showrunner of AMC’s wildly popular “The Walking Dead.”
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: email@example.com or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.