Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Spellman, Mike
Spellman's Scorecard: Time for Urlacher to end it right Mar 29, 2013 8:19 AM
Brian Urlacher ought to admit it's time to hang it up ... and do it as a Bear. That and much, much more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Looking at the Big Dance from all the angles Mar 21, 2013 5:30 AM
Are you ready for some Spero Dedes and Doug Gottlieb coming to you live from Salt Lake City!! Actually, I am. Doesn't matter who's announcing or who's playing ... it's the Big Dance. Let's get it on.
Mascot for Cubs would be just fine Mar 15, 2013 8:03 AM
Every other team has a mascot, so why not the Cubs? But there is one caveat: give the Cub a little edge. That and Bears and Blackhawks talk in this week's Scorecard.
NHL owes Blackhawks one very big thank you Mar 8, 2013 5:30 AM
Not quite all Blackhawks, all day, it just seems that way in this week's Spellman's Scorecard. Mike's also got thoughts on the Cubs, White Sox, and much more.
Spellman’s Scorecard: NASCAR squandered golden opportunity Mar 1, 2013 5:33 AM
The Daytona 500 not living up to the hyp. That and thoughts on Boo Weekley,Stan Bowman, the seventh inning stretch and much more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Spellman’s Scorecard: News on Pistorius tough to take Feb 15, 2013 5:30 AM
Getting burned by the Blade Runner, loving the controversy-free Hawks and wondering what kind of player will be available when the Bears pick at No. 20. That and much more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Pondering Super Bowl music, from Beyonce to the Boss Feb 8, 2013 1:00 AM
Some Super Bowl leftovers, some Hawks and Bulls talk and a whole lot more in this weeks' Spellman's Scorecard.
Super Bowl bites Feb 4, 2013 12:07 AM
When Baltimore scored on the opening kickoff of the second half to make it 28-6 and then the lights went out for half an hour, you were running out of things to talk about other than the delicious dip, weren’t you? But not to worry, scoring 26 points in a 12- minute span solves that problem quickly, huh?. Thanks 49ers!
International Crown a great response to Solheim Jan 26, 2013 8:07 PM
Jerry Rich and the Solheim Cup, along with 120,000 fans who came out to witness the biennial women's professional golf event in 2009, made an impressive and lasting impression. And, as Mike Spellman explains, the new International Crown competition coming in 2016 to the Sugar Grove course could leave an even bigger one.
Spellman's Scorecard: Te'o a Bear? There are much bigger needs Jan 25, 2013 6:10 AM
If Manti Te'o is availabale when the Bears draft, should they take him? Mike ponders that and much more in this week's Scorecard.
Emery, Trestman certain have a meeting of the minds Jan 17, 2013 9:31 PM
Phil Emery and Marc Trestman were the happiest men in the land Thursday as a new chapter in Bears history began. Spellman's Scorecard looks at the Emery-Trestman synergy, the T'eo saga, and of course, much, much more.
NHL's condensed regular season not a bad thing at all Jan 11, 2013 6:25 PM
Sometimes a work stoppage has some hidden benefits, most prominently a shorter regular season. Spellman's Scorecard talks about that,along Phil Emery's coaching search, the Wolves, the Blackhawks and much much more.
Spellman’s Scorecard: Bears GM knows of what he speaks Jan 4, 2013 5:30 AM
In this week's Scorecard, Mike likes the decisiveness of Bears general manager Phil Emery. He also likes that the PGA Tour kicks off this weekend from Hawaii, but that's a different story. Read that and more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Spellman’s Scorecard: The lists just keep on coming Dec 28, 2012 10:07 AM
It's that time of year when everyone publishes their lists. Spellman's Scorecard didn't want to be left out.
Spellman’s Scorecard: Survival kit full of food for thought Dec 21, 2012 5:30 AM
Spellman's Scorecard takes a look at the arrival of the first winter storm and the departure of A.J. and Jabari. Might Lovie be next?
Baseball’s power shifts to the West Coast Dec 13, 2012 9:05 PM
Spellman's scorecard talks about California being the golden state for baseball, the joy and pain of Barry Alvarez's return to the sideline, the Hawks, the Bears and much, much more.
Doeren’s departure from NIU pungently understandable Dec 7, 2012 5:30 AM
Mike Spellman understands the timing of college coaches leaving before bowls games are played, but he doesn't like it. There's no solution in sight either. "I'm not sure that there's a way to legislate or mandate that," NIU athletic director Jeff Compher told me. "I think there are a lot of fans and alumni out there who would like to see something like that put into place. But I haven't heard any schools or conferences or folks from the NCAA bring it up as anything that's a potential for the future."
United they (don’t) stand in track brouhaha Nov 30, 2012 5:30 AM
Fines, hirings, big feet and a little bit of hockey. All that and more in this week's Spellman's Scorecard.
Spellman’s Scorecard: Not feeling too good about Vikings game Nov 23, 2012 11:42 AM
It's a holiday edition of Spellman's Scorecard. A little bit of everything ... plus a little dessert.
Back in the day takes back seat to new reality Nov 16, 2012 5:30 AM
The uproar over Urlacher. The concern over Cutler. That and much more in Spellman's Scorecard.
- GOP shapes plan to fight Obama over immigration
- Live video: Stevenson vs. New Trier
- Authorities: Teen stole cars, charged at police, got shot
- 2 teachers charged with not reporting sex abuse released on bail
- Football: Scouting Barrington at Glenbard West
- Police: Jogger attacked near Lake Arlington
- Live video: Geneva vs. Cary-Grove
- Clark's vision includes forgiveness
- Illinois no-tolerance DUI pot law under scrutiny
- Elgin arrests five in drug sweep
- CLERICAL - Mundelein dry cleaner filling 2 positions. Check-in clerk (PT): Identify/describe garments. Reliable transportation, basic computer skills & detail orient-ed. Afternoons & evenings; no Sundays/holidays. Route rep (FT): Service or-iented, reliable, attention to detail. Clean driving record a must. E-mail resume: email@example.com (id:4390792) ARLINGTON PLATING - JOB FAIRS - Arlington Plating Co. is hiring for Plating, Inspection, Buffing and Polishing. We offer various shifts, great benefits,room for growth, and competitive wages (based on exp.) Immediate interviews and offers, if qualify. 600 S. Vermont St., Palatine, IL 60078. www.arlingtonplating.com. Street parking only. NO calls, please. EEO M-F-D-V (id:4391037) HOTEL - Hotel Where your co-workers are like family and success is always shared. The Lincolnshire Courtyard is hosting a Job Fair on Wednesday, November 19 , 8am-12pm and 2pm-6pm 505 Milwaukee Avenue, Lincolnshire, IL 60069 For an onsite interview, you must complete the online application and assessment prior to attending the event. We will be interviewing for the following positions: Guest Service Representative (AM/PM) -Job# 14001UZW Housekeeping Aide -PM (3pm-11pm / 11pm-7am) -Job# 14001I73 Housekeeper (8am-4pm) -Job# 1400169G Laundry Attendant (8am-4pm / 11pm-7am) -Job# 14001XKY marriott.com/careers Search by job number. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. (id:4390656)
- SET-UP TECHNICIANS - PLASTICS SET-UP TECHNICIAN Elgin plastic injection molder, 1st. 2nd & 3rd shifts. We offer health ins. & 401-k. Email re- sume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4391328) HEALTHCARE - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN - OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN for a busy ophthalmology practice in Elgin. Fax resume 847-888-0652 (id:4391026) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance Worker (Addison, IL)-Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Basic carpentry, Hy-dronic systems, Basic building construction. 2nd shift. To apply www.dupage88.net (id:4391034)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.