Articles filed under South Elgin High School
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Elgin’s Khan, South Elgin shine at Elgin quad Apr 20, 2013 12:00 AM
The boys tennis team at Elgin High School survived one storm surge this week but Saturday, the Storm surge that was South Elgin was just unavoidable. A creek less than 30 yards away helped flood Elgin’s courts after the midweek rains. But the Maroons were out early Saturday morning with roll driers frantically getting their courts ready after the water receded. Elgin got the courts ready in time, but it set the stage for South Elgin to win an Elgin-themed quad with 13 victories in total. Host Elgin compiled 11, Larkin came in third with and Elgin Academy came away with a single victory.
Cops: Teen arrested for bringing knife to high school Apr 19, 2013 12:00 AM
A 19-year-old from Elgin was arrested Wednesday and charged with bringing a knife to South Elgin High School and trespassing. Michael E. Sidman was on suspension from an alternative Elgin Area School District U-46 program called the Central School Program when he showed up at the high school and offered to sell marijuana to several students, police said.
Marotta, South Elgin power by Schaumburg Apr 18, 2013 12:00 AM
When the South Elgin boys volleyball team needs a point the ball usually goes toward Nate Marotta. The junior finished with a match-high 19 kills Thursday, including the team’s final 3 points, as the Storm beat Schaumburg, 25-22, 28-26, in a nonconference match at South Elgin. “We know we have Nate to be able to put the ball away whenever we’re in a situation, whether it’s game point or the other team has run a couple points and we need a side out,” Storm coach Adam Plach said. “It’s good to have that. It builds the confidence in the rest of our team too knowing that that’s there.”
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Girls soccer/Fox Valley roundup Apr 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Apr 16, 2013 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from volleyball, water polo, baseball, soccer and tennis.
Bartlett 2nd at Flyin’ Hawk Invite Apr 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Green, Eustace lead Batavia past South Elgin Apr 12, 2013 12:00 AM
A mud-caked uniform was the small price Batavia left fielder Laren Eustace paid for making a catch that thwarted South Elgin's best threat in a 2-0 Upstate Eight baseball crossover win Friday. Protecting a 1-0 lead with the bases loaded in the third, Eustace charged a high flyball to shallow left off the bat of Storm cleanup hitter Joe Crivolio. He closed on the ball quickly, made a diving catch toward the infield and popped right up with chunks of cold, wet outfield grass and dirt spackled to his uniform.
South Elgin tops Geneva, keeps UEC record perfect Apr 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Time and time again on a frigid Friday at Geneva, the Vikings had runners on base ready to score and hand South Elgin its first Upstate Eight Conference defeat. Except that time and time again South Elgin's Paige Allen and Katie Koss made the pitches they needed to to stand those runners. While Geneva left at least one runner on base in every inning and 11 in the game, the Storm scored once in the fifth inning and twice in the sixth to break a 2-2 tie and post a 5-2 win.
Uveges’ return lifts South Elgin over Bartlett Apr 11, 2013 12:00 AM
It’s perfectly normal for teenagers not to listen to their parents. A concerned Robbe Uveges would know, especially on Thursday night, when her daughter Savanah went ahead and decided it would be the night for her South Elgin soccer debut, regardless of how much rain fell or would fall on the Millennium Field turf. “She didn’t want me to play tonight because of how wet the grass was, but I waited too long to not play,” said Savanah Uveges. Hopefully mom will let this one slide because Uveges, who bounced back from an ACL she tore last July, managed to chip in the game-winning goal during the 76th minute off a steal just 15 yards from the goal to cap a 3-2 Upstate Eight Valley Division win over U-46 rival Bartlett.
Chicagoland Challenge set for Saturday Apr 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Weather permitting, the 12th annual Chicagoland Challenge softball tournament hosted by St. Edward will be played Saturday at the Elgin Sports Complex. Surprisingly the tournament, started by former St. Edward coach Peg Corcoran in 2002, has only been rained out once, in 2011. The tournament has been a showcase of schools with smaller enrollments over the years and was dominated in its early years by Stanford Olympia, which won the first five Challenge championships before opting not to return. After the Burlington Central JV won the title in 2007 Farmington, an annual power from the Peoria area that has been coming to the tournament since its inception, won for the first time in 2008. Marengo took the title in 2009 and 2010 before opting not to return and Genoa-Kingston beat St. Edward 13-0 in last year’s championship game. Green Wave coach Jaci Corn is hoping her team can return to the title game on Saturday, and with a different result this time.
St. Viator again measures up against South Elgin Apr 10, 2013 12:00 AM
For the second time in less than a week, the St. Viator boys volleyball team got the better of South Elgin. The Lions bested the visiting Storm 25-15, 25-20 in a nonconference matchup Wednesday in Arlington Heights just days after defeating them at last weekend’s Rolling Meadows tournament.
Defense a key to Huntley’s hot start Apr 10, 2013 12:00 AM
The Huntley girls soccer team is making teams take notice in the early going of the 2013 season. The Red Raiders are off to a hot 7-1-1 start going into Thursday’s scheduled Pepsi Showdown quarterfinal contest with Plainfield North at 5 p.m. at Huntley. Huntley already has wins over Maine South (1-0) and Lyons Township (2-1) in the prestigious event. Lyons was the No. 5 seed in the tournament. Huntley is the 12 seed. Plainfield South is the No. 4 seed. A win sends the Red Raiders to the semifinals against either York (No. 17 seed) or Glenbrook South (No. 9 seed) Saturday at Olympic Park in Schaumburg. Defense was a key to the victory over Lyons.
Bartlett runs away with U-46 meet Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
There was something missing at the Elgin Area School District U-46 boys track meet Tuesday night in South Elgin. With the temperature taking a swift turn below 40 and the winds howling near 20 mph, the Polar Bear Plunge could have fit in right after the last event. As for any takers to participate in the plunge, you might be able to get the Elgin 1,600-meter relay team, which opted to run the last race of the night when no other school wanted to in South Elgin. And while Elgin’s relay team fought the odds after the winds shifted and brought the temps down below 40, Larkin bailed with 3 events remaining but Bartlett’s team persevered with a convincing win in the event with 98 points. Elgin was second with 64 while South Elgin took third with 50.
Baseball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Softball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Apr 9, 2013 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from volleyball, softbal, baseballl, tennis, track and soccer.
South Elgin exploits Geneva defense Apr 8, 2013 12:00 AM
There were two defining elements in the Upstate Eight Conference crossover baseball game between visiting South Elgin and Geneva on Monday afternoon: defense and baserunning. South Elgin turned double plays to largely negate its two miscues, but Geneva could only wish for such an outcome. Committing 8 errors on the day, Geneva could only watch helplessly as the Storm parlayed the Vikings' mistakes into several scoring opportunities en route to an 8-3 victory.
Softball/Fox Valley roundup Apr 6, 2013 12:00 AM
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- Warning lands Batavia teacher in hot water
- Barrington: Crash raises urgency for changes at CN crossing
- A happy surprise for one mom at Elgins Fox Trot
- Carnival worker charged in rape
- Minor injuries for 17 Algonquin students in bounce house accident
- Green smoothies provide health benefits, energy boost
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- DuPage County friends talk about $7.4 million win
- Mt. Prospect man dies after fall
- AUTO SALES - sales Job Fair Auto Sales Start Your New Career! No Experience Needed! We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men and women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for individuals with no previous experience selling automobiles to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement opportunities to manage- ment A positive, family oriented work environment! A big advertiser with ex- cellent floor traffic, inven tory and a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Monday, May 20 -Noon to 4pm Tuesday, May 21 -10am to 4pm Interviews held at: ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N. Plum Grove Rd. (On Plum Grove just North of Golf Rd.) Schaumburg, IL 60173 No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 Please dress professionally for your interview! (id:4339972) JANITORIAL SUPERVISOR - Elgin Academy, a PS-12 school founded in 1839, is accepting applications for a Janitorial Supervisor. The school has 425 students and 9 buildings totaling 100,000 sq. feet. Strong candidates will have exp cleaning multiple buildings and demonstrated leadership skills. Position FT and includes benefits. Salary commensurate with exp. Elgin Academy is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution that fully and actively supports equal access for all. Candidates should send cover letter and resume electronically to: Gerald O'Keeffe, Director of Finance and Operations, email@example.com (id:4339066) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Employer Information: Professional membership association located in the northwestern suburbs with over 1200 members in the United States and Canada providing advanced continuing education services. Job Description: Professional membership association is seeking an organized, detailed oriented individual with excellent customer service skills to join our staff as an Administrative Assistant (AA) to provide support. Specifically, the AA will handle incoming calls and emails on events and membership; all inquiries involving membership; maintain membership files; compile and provide membership reports; process new member applications and dues payments; maintain office supplies; maintain and schedule multiple conference calls; write a variety of correspondence; assist with CE registration processing and related accounts receivables; coordinate publicity for a variety CE events, and various other support-office related duties as assigned. Candidate must be able and willing to do limited travel. This position reports to the IT Manager-Registrar. No calls or walk-ins. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have at least three years of solid administrative experience and at the minimum a two-year accredited Associate's degree or equivalent work experience; good decision making and problem solving skills especially under time constraints; the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; be proficient in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and Power Point; have the ability to initiate work and follow through with minimal supervision. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Candidate must be able to comfortably lift and carry 30 pounds. The position is also expected to work doing a variety of other office associated jobs as necessary. Candidate is expected to take a writing-computer proficiency test before hire. We offer an attractive benefits package. (id:4337756)
- CUSTODIAN - The Arlington Heights Park District (IL) seeks a FT Custodian to work nights to perform routine and non-routine cleaning, maintenance, & repairs in the upkeep of our Administration Center. Hours are Monday through Friday, 4 pm -12:30 am with modified shifts and OT as needed. The full job requirements and our online application are available at: www.ahpd.org/jobs Closing date: 5/20/13 (id:4339358) OFFICE MANAGER - Office -Small business in South Elgin seeking a reliable part time Office Manager to perform bookkeeping functions and general office duties. QuickBooks and Excel experience REQUIRED. The candidate must be able to work independently, multitask, deal with customers and accept challenges. Please submit your resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340163) DRIVER - CDL A Intermodal drivers wanted(Owner Operator/Com- pany Drivers) for Midwest area. Minimum 2 years of experience with clean record. Tel 630.595.5410 (id:4340139)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN INDUSTRIAL MACHIN - O'Hare area heavy machine manufacturer seeks an experienced electrical technician for panel building and machine wiring, machine testing, and trouble-shooting electrical and PLC circuits. Must be computer savy and able to read schematics. Knowledge of hydraulics a plus. This is a full-time position. (id:4339928) PROFESSIONAL DRIVER - Seeking professional driver with a CDL class B license with passenger endorsement. Located near O'Hare airport. Please call us at (708)583-2280 (id:4340335) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep -NW Chicago Sub Fastener Co. needs exper. Rep with good PC and phone skills. Mult- tasking a must. Email re- sume to email@example.com (id:4340536)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com