Activate Your Free
Articles filed under South Elgin High School
South Elgin, Elgin fall in volleyball regional Oct 28, 2014 10:46 PM
Maine South and Maine East will renew their longtime rivalry on Thursday when they square off in the championship game at the Class 4A Elk Grove girls volleyball regional. The Hawks and the Blue Demons advanced with semifinal wins on Tuesday. Maine South fought off a scrappy Elgin squad for a 25-21, 25-15 win while Maine East, which is seeded third in its own sectional, was taken to the limit by 14th-seeded South Elgin before prevailing 25-22, 20-25, 25-15.
Girls volleyball: South Elgin, Elgin earn wins at Elk Grove regional Oct 27, 2014 11:10 PM
Timing is everything when it comes to the playoffs. On Monday night Elgin High and South Elgin picked the ideal time to clean up their acts. Both limited their errors and survived to play another day with wins in the first round at the Class 4A Elk Grove girls volleyball regional. The Storm bounced back from an ugly regular-season finale loss to Larkin with a 25-13, 25-15 with over host Elk Grove while the Maroons snapped a 10-game losing streak with a 25-21, 25-15 win over Streamwood. South Elgin advances to play Maine East on Tuesday and Elgin will square off with Maine South.
U-46 seeks participants for STEM expo Oct 27, 2014 5:22 PM
Elgin Area School District U-46 will host a series of kickoff events in November to encourage students from kindergarten through high school to develop STEM project ideas. “It’s like a way just to get students engaged to start thinking about what type of projects they would like to do for the STEM Expo,” said Heather Rocen, U-46 science instructional coach. The 2015 STEM Expo is Feb. 28 at South Elgin High School.
Huntley’s Smith wins regional title Oct 25, 2014 7:41 PM
Huntley junior Keagan Smith beat the field on Saturday, winning the individual championship at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford boys cross country regional. Smith ran the course in a time of 15:03.22, almost 33 seconds better than Hononegah’s Jared Christiansen.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen a regional champ Oct 25, 2014 6:46 PM
Lauren Van Vlierbergen, Gabby Juarez and Kelly Meehleib took the first steps toward Detweiller Park in Peoria on Saturday in convincing fashion. Van Vlierbergen, the Jacobs senior who finished fourth in the Class 3A state girls cross country meet last season, won the Class 3A Palatine regional Saturday while Juarez, Streamwood’s senior speedster who was 49th at state in 2013, was the individual champion at the Class 3A Glenbard North regional. Meehleib, a Huntley senior who did not qualify for state last year, was the champion at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford regional, also leading her team to the title.
Elation, dejection for Fox Valley football teams Oct 26, 2014 12:04 AM
Saturday’s announcement of the IHSA football playoff pairings left four area teams elated, two dejected. Everyone wearing St. Edward green and gold sported a broad smile at Danny’s on Douglas, a pizzeria in downtown Elgin where approximately 100 members of the St. Edward football community gathered in front of a big screen to find out which opponent the Green Wave would draw in the wake of a 9-0 regular season.
Waubonsie Valley pulls away from South Elgin Oct 25, 2014 12:45 AM
Waubonsie Valley is headed into the playoffs on a big high. The 8-1 Warriors followed up last week’s thrilling win over rival Neuqua Valley with a 59-point outburst while knocking off visiting South Elgin 59-29 Friday night in Aurora. Warriors quarterback Zach Bennema had 5 touchdowns as the Warriors captured their third Upstate Eight Conference crown during coach Paul Murphy’s reign at the school.
Live video: Waubonsie Valley vs. South Elgin Oct 24, 2014 9:35 AM
Waubonsie Valley vs. South Elgin football
South Elgin’s Derowski still alive at state Oct 23, 2014 10:41 PM
South Elgin sophomore Lisa Derowski is the only remaining Fox Valley area player in the state girls tennis tournament, which is being played at several venues throughout the Northwest suburbs.
Images: Thursday in Girls State Tennis Oct 23, 2014 6:15 PM
Images from Thursday of the IHSA state tennis matches.
Fox Valley area teams gear up for volleyball postseason Oct 24, 2014 3:09 PM
The Road to Redbird opens for business Monday night as girls volleyball teams in all four classes around the state embark on the postseason. In the Fox Valley area, several interesting scenarios could develop as teams vie for a spot in the IHSA Final Four at Redbird Arena in Normal the weekend of Nov. 14-15.
Scouting Week 9 in the Fox Valley Oct 24, 2014 3:12 PM
Scouting Week 9 football games in the Fox Valley
Football: Week 8 MVPs Oct 23, 2014 12:17 AM
Waubonsie Valley senior quarterback Zach Bennema and Batavia senior defensive end Josh Leonhard have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their performances in Week 8 of the high school football season. Bennema was prolific both as a passer and ball-carrier in Waubonsie Valley’s 25-28 victory over Neuqua Valley, while Leonhard intercepted a pass and returned it 45 yards for a touchdown along with providing great all-around play in the Bulldogs’ 26-20 decision over Geneva.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Tuesday, Oct. 21 Oct 21, 2014 10:11 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Tuesday, Oct. 21
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Saturday, Oct. 18 Oct 18, 2014 11:00 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Saturday, Oct. 18
South Elgin wins Schaumburg tennis sectional Oct 18, 2014 9:54 PM
The South Elgin girls tennis team won the program’s first sectional championship Saturday, scoring 26 points to take top honors at Schaumburg.
Elgin blanks South Elgin to move on in soccer regional Oct 18, 2014 8:21 PM
Entering halftime of the Class 3A Streamwood regional play-in game in a scoreless tie, Elgin boys soccer coach David Borg told his team it just takes one goal to move on to play top-seeded Streamwood on Wednesday. The No. 4 Maroons got that one goal from Joel Chavez and added some insurance from Ulisses Dominguez to earn a 2-0 victory at Memorial Field on Saturday ending the season of No. 5 South Elgin. The Storm (7-7-2) ended Elgin’s (8-10-2) season last year in the same regional quarterfinal.
South Elgin now playoff eligible; Bartlett out Oct 18, 2014 12:01 AM
There was more at stake than just bragging rights when Upstate Eight Conference Valley Division rivals Bartlett and South Elgin met on the gridiron Friday night at Millennium Field. The Hawks came in needing a win to keep their playoff hopes alive and the Storm needed a win to clinch playoff eligibility before facing a tough Waubonsie Valley team in the final week. Although Bartlett’s defense held South Elgin to a season-low 292 total yards, the Storm (5-3, 4-2) came out victorious, 21-7, knocking the Hawks (3-5, 2-4) out of the playoffs for the second straight season.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 16 Oct 16, 2014 10:43 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 16
Playoffs, Town Jug on the line in U-46 rivalry matchups Oct 16, 2014 10:50 PM
It's football rivalry week in Elgin Area School District U-46, which means it's time to determine on which side of the Fox River the Town Jug will reside for the next year. Before we break down the matchup between Elgin and Larkin, let's first turn our attention to the “other” U-46 rivalry game, the one with playoff implications.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- No more excuses
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Newborn's father testifies in mother's murder trial
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.