Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Sleepy Hollow
162 adults wait for a Literacy Connection tutor Dec 8, 2014 1:04 PM
The Literacy Connection needs more tutors. Sadly, 162 adults remain on the waiting list to share their goals with someone who can tutor them. Can you give just 1-2 hours per week to help someone achieve their goals in 2015? You will impact your life and someone else’s life in a profoundly positive way.
Holiday blood drive at Sherman Hospital set for Dec. 22 Dec 8, 2014 9:03 PM
Adding “donate blood” to the top your holiday to-do list could provide a lifesaving gift for someone this holiday season. Donation centers seek blood products year-round to supply health care facilities across the country, but the need over the holidays is greater as high school and college students go on break and fewer blood drives are held. “It’s a commitment, but people need to understand what a lifesaving effort donating blood is,” says Dr. Bruce Hyman, vice president of medical management at Sherman Hospital in Elgin. “You want it on the shelf when you need it. It’s vital for hospitals to stock adequately for emergencies and trauma situations.” Sherman Hospital is partnering with Heartland Blood Centers for a blood drive from noon to 4 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 22.
Dundee Township Lions presents Festival of Trees Dec 9, 2014 11:55 AM
The Dundee Township Lions presented the Festival of Trees Dec. 5-6 at Grafelman Park in West Dundee. This is a part of Dickens in Dundee celebration. Twenty-eight trees were decorated by schools, churches and Scout groups on Friday.
The Bridge Church explores “The Promised Messiah” Dec 5, 2014 8:29 PM
The Bridge Church, an Evangelical Free church, will welcome people from all walks of life who are seeking to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ – or perhaps simply seeking to investigate the truth of Christianity. The Sunday service blends both hymns and modern choruses in an upbeat contemporary style. From the pastoral staff biblically based expository preaching aims to keep Christ at the center of life. This month, senior pastor Rev. Todd Berge's message is “The Promised Messiah.”
Gerald Subaru joins in 2014 “Share the Love,” selects CASA Kane County as “Hometown Charity” Dec 5, 2014 10:33 PM
Gerald Subaru recently announced that they will be participating in the 2014 “Share the Love” program that offers the opportunity for new car buyers to select a charity in their community to receive a $250 donation.
Stick to simple healthy hints to stay on track this holiday season Dec 5, 2014 10:52 PM
Americans gain one to two pounds between the Thanksgiving feast and the New Year countdown. Some do not lose those extra pounds and add weight cumulatively every year. Simple, smart selections this holiday season can help avoid this annual obstacle and set up a positive start to 2015. “The best strategy for the holidays is to aim for weight maintenance,” said Laura Barr, Nutrition and Wellness Educator with University of Illinois Extension.
Why just one group afforded protection? Dec 5, 2014 12:01 AM
A Sleepy Hollow letter to the editor: The state of Illinois may eventually disintegrate from the impact of its unfunded pension liabilities. The state can do nothing about it, according to many sources, because the defined benefits for a select group is protected by provisions of the state Constitution.
Consider volunteering with AID Dec 5, 2014 11:11 PM
Enrich the lives of adults with developmental disabilities and other special needs by becoming a volunteer with the Association for Individual Development. AID offers many volunteer opportunities in the Aurora, Elgin, Batavia and Yorkville locations. Currently the need is most great between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
9-foot menorah to light up Elgin as part of world’s largest Hanukkah observance Dec 9, 2014 2:20 PM
Chabad Jewish Center of Elgin will ignite a public 9-foot menorah erected at Gail Borden Public Library, followed by a communitywide celebration on the first night of Hanukkah, which falls on Tuesday, Dec. 16.
Join in 2nd annual TubaChristmas Concert Dec. 13 Dec 9, 2014 11:55 AM
Cambridge Music Outreach invites all tuba and euphonium players to perform in its second annual TubaChristmas Concert at 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 13, at the Algonquin Commons. This is a free performance of traditional Christmas carols arranged especially for the warm, rich sound of the Tuba-Euphonium choir.
Anderson Animal Shelter holds collection drive Dec. 13-14 Dec 9, 2014 11:56 AM
Anderson Animal Shelter in South Elgin is asking you to help them raise funds by cleaning out your closet and home of any unwanted jewelry, clothing, accessories, handbags, shoes, bedding and linens, bath items, electronics, toys, small furniture, small appliances, books, magazines, CDs and more.
AID receives grant toward ‘Living Room’ program Dec 9, 2014 11:56 AM
The Association for Individual Development is the grateful recipient of a $24,925 grant from the INC Board, NFP to be used towards the “Living Room” program.
Let thoughts on aging be heard at St. Charles forum Dec 4, 2014 12:05 PM
Federal and state issues concerning aging and disability are expected to be discussed at a legislative forum Monday, Dec. 8, in St. Charles. The theme, “Communities for a Lifetime,” will focus on how the state can address challenges to aging in the community by investing in needed supports and services that will help make it possible and desirable for Kane County residents to age in place.
Kyuki-Do Martial Arts hosts “Breakfast With Santa” Dec 4, 2014 5:39 PM
On Saturday, Dec. 6, Kyuki-Do Martial Arts of Elgin, 792 S. McLean Blvd., will be hosting “Breakfast with Santa” to help raise donations for Toys For Tots. The Marine Corps League Elgin Detachment 077, in partnership with Kyuki-Do Martial Arts of Elgin, has designated KMA as a designated Toys For Tots drop-off center.
Dundee Library offers free movies this month Dec 4, 2014 8:07 PM
The Dundee Library is offering four free movies for children and teens during December. Drop in and enjoy the movies plus freshly made popcorn. These programs are free and open to the public. Children, age 8 and younger, must be accompanied by an adult.
NISRA performs “High School Musical, Jr.” Dec 5, 2014 2:17 PM
Exuberant sounds of singing, dancing and acting will echo through the Cosman Theater in Huntley this month when young actors with disabilities perform excerpts from “High School Musical, Jr.”
Carpentersville VFW to host meat raffle Dec. 12 Dec 8, 2014 4:43 PM
The Carpentersville Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5915 is hosting a meat raffle at 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 12, at the post home, 301 Lake Marian Road. There will be various cuts of beef, pork and more.
Women In Management Fox Valley presents “Transformational Leadership” Dec 3, 2014 8:32 PM
Women In Management Fox Valley presents “Transformational Leadership” with Advocate Sherman Hospital president Linda Deering Women in Management Fox Valley presents “Transformational Leadership” with Linda Deering, president, Advocate Sherman Hospital, Elgin, at the WIM Fox Valley meeting on Thursday, Dec. 11.
Magic Science Night Dec. 12 at Elgin Public Museum Dec 3, 2014 9:34 PM
A flick of a hand here, a magic word there and magicians seems to make something out of nothing! But what is magic but science used to trick our senses? Discover optical illusions, fire tricks and other “magic” as explained through science in experiments and demonstrations set up throughout the Elgin Public Museum.
Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice offers “Hope during the Holidays” Dec 4, 2014 1:00 PM
The approaching holiday season can trigger powerful emotions for those who have recently lost a loved one. If you or someone you know could use some help getting through some of the holiday’s most difficult times, Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice is offering "Hope for the Holidays."
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- 5 topics for Obama's year-end news conference
- Child being observed for Ebola symptoms
- Bears need to clean house in a big way
- Suburban schools changing how they discuss heroin
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Dist. 200 considers enrollment change for apartment complex
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Police search for shooter in Montgomery
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually assaulting patients
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually abusing patients
- Cutler out, Clausen to start for first time in 4 years
- Streamwood man pleads guilty to baseball bat attack
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Good Samaritans save driver in Streamwood crash
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban Cuban-Americans hope to renew family ties; Bears bench Cutler
- 'Fast-casual' pizza coming to Naperville, Schaumburg
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Boogeyman wins as movie theaters cave to threat
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Administrative Assistant Arl Hts Contractor seeks detail oriented admin to assist our project managers -typing, copying, scanning, filing, file-maintenance, email, purchase order entry and related document follow-up. Will also handle work comp, gen liab & auto claims w/our ins carriers. Receive initial claim info, review w exec/mgmt, enter claims online, paper & elec filing, maintain internal incident & OSHA logs. Attend claim review and safety meetings along with various other safety projects and functions. Other resp may incl EEO docs, I-Pass replenishment & vehicle registrations, purchasing printed materials and office supplies. Ability to use outlook, excel & word is required. Insurance experience is highly preferred. Salary commensurate with exp, benefits. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4393509) SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393561) SCHOOL NURSE - School nurse, RN knows Type I Diabete Survival skills. Exc benefits. To be considered for this position, please complete an application online at: http://www.generalasp.com/ ndep/onlineapp (id:4393806)
- INVENTORY TAKER PT - Inventory Taker PT -in NW Chicago. No exp. nec. Must be at least 18 & have reliable transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349. www.rgisinv.com keyword dist057 (id:4392729) HOUSEKEEPER - Cleaning -FT Housekeeper wanted for Lake Barrington Woods Retirement Community in Lake Barrington. Apply at www.seniorlifestyle.com (id:4392776) ADMINISTRATIVE - Administrative -Long- established Naperville business law firm has a support staff opening, 4 days/week, 8:30 am -5:00 pm; Mon & Fri availability a must. Varied duties include receptionist, clerical, secretarial, litigation support, etc. Will train. Expertise in Windows & MS Office essential. Pleasant environment. E-mail resume & cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com (id:4392876)
- SERVER - Hospitality -FT Server wanted for Lake Barrington Woods Retirement community in Lake Barrington. Apply at www.seniorlifestyle.com (id:4392768) WAREHOUSE - Food Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg EOE m/f/d/v www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4393588) ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 11/17/2014 through 1/29/2015 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 12/10/14 & 1/14/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 27th, DECEMBER 24th, 25th, 31st & JANUARY 1st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4388607)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.