Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Short and Sweet Theater Reviews
Diana Martinez reviews the world premiere of The Last Ship Jul 1, 2014 2:52 PM
Short and Sweet host, Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago, reviews The Last Ship.
Selected winners at the 2014 Tony Awards Jun 8, 2014 11:04 PM
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play: Mark Rylance, “Twelfth Night.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical: Lena Hall, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Direction of a Musical: Darko Tresnjak, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.” Best Direction of a Play: Kenny Leon, “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Score: Jason Robert Brown, “The Bridges of Madison County.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical: James Monroe Iglehart “Aladdin.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play: Sophie Okonedo, “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play: Audra McDonald, “Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play: Bryan Cranston, “All the Way.” Best Play: “All The Way.” Best Revival of a Play: “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical: Neil Patrick Harris, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Revival of a Musical: “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical: Jessie Mueller, “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.” Best Musical: “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.”
Audra McDonald, Bryan Cranston, NPH win Tonys Jun 9, 2014 2:08 AM
The murderous romp “A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder” has gotten a lot of love at the Tony Awards — it nabbed the best new musical trophy on a night that saw Audra McDonald, Bryan Cranston and Neil Patrick Harris all took home big awards.
Short and Sweet critic Jennifer Irwin reviews ‘Buyer and Cellar’ with Diana Martinez May 21, 2014 11:13 AM
Short and Sweet critic Jennifer Irwin reviews 'Buyer and Cellar' in an interview with Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago
Short and Sweet critic Mike Latone reviews ‘Motown the Musical’ with Diana Martinez May 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Short and Sweet critic Mike Latone reviews Motown the Musical in an interview with Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago.
Short and Sweet critic Beth Kahan reviews ‘Wizard of Oz’ with Diana Martinez May 9, 2014 3:51 PM
Short and Sweet guest critic Beth Kahan of St. Charles discusses her reactions to Broadway in Chicago’s “Wizard of Oz with host Diana Martinez. Kahan draws upon her experience as an actress – including her experience playing a munchkin in her school’s rendition of “Wizard of Oz” – to critique the show.
Critic for the day, Joseph Billquist, discusses Peter and the Starcatcher with host Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago Apr 15, 2014 12:43 PM
Short & Sweet guest critic Joseph Billquist shares his perspective on Peter and the Starcatcher with Broadway in Chicago host Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet critic Ellen Ferrera reviews Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, hosted by Diana Martinez Mar 27, 2014 8:55 AM
Short and Sweet Critic for the day, Ellen Ferrera of Villa Parks, shares her perspective on Broadway in Chicago's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with host, Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet critic Dorothea Schultz reviews Heartbeat of Home, hosted by Diana Martinez Mar 10, 2014 9:28 AM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Dorothea Schultz of Itasca, discusses Broadway in Chicago's Heartbeat of Home with Short & Sweet host Diana Martinez.
Chicago The Musical - Review by Diana Martinez Feb 28, 2014 5:37 PM
Short and Sweet host Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago discusses the highlights of Chicago the Musical, playing through March 2 at the Bank of America Theatre.
Short and Sweet Review: Phantom of the Opera Jan 27, 2014 4:38 PM
Short and Sweet critic for the day, Terri Penas of Bartlett, discusses her reaction to Phantom of the Opera in an interview with host, Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago.
Short and Sweet critic Lauren Dennhardt reviews Ghost the Musical, hosted by Diana Martinez Jan 17, 2014 4:20 PM
Short and Sweet critic for the day, Lauren Dennhardt of Buffalo Grove, reviews Ghost the Musical in an interview with Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet guest critic Karen Whalen reviews Elf the Musical, hosted by Diana Martinez Dec 12, 2013 12:14 PM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Karen Whalen, shares her perspective on Elf the musical with host Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet guest critic Ed Moon reviews Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical™, hosted by Diana Martinez Dec 12, 2013 12:19 PM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Ed Moon, shares his perspective on the musical Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with host Diana Martinez.
50 Shades the Musical: Bring on the sequel! Dec 12, 2013 11:41 AM
Diana Martinez describes her experience seeing the musical sketch-comedy-parody of the novel, 50 Shades of Grey.
Short & Sweet critic Sarah Pouls reviews Wicked Dec 5, 2013 11:03 AM
Critic for the day, Sarah Pouls of Schaumburg, reviews Wicked. A recent graduate of Augustana College, Pouls draws upon her experience as a theater minor to critique the show.
From directing to dialogue: A look at theater reviewing Nov 1, 2013 6:09 AM
“Everyone's a critic.” What had been an expression is now reality for anyone with an opinion and access to the Internet. It's a big tent, and it's about to get bigger now that the Daily Herald and Broadway in Chicago have teamed up to offers readers a chance to review BIC productions as part of Short and Sweet, an online video series featuring theater reivews from audience members.
Short & Sweet Critic reviews Flashdance Oct 25, 2013 10:06 AM
Critic for the day, Taylor Gabby, gives the low down on the show from the audience perspective.
Short & Sweet critic reviews Big Fish Oct 25, 2013 10:03 AM
Critic for the day, Dan Gartlan, was drawn into the production of Big Fish: "With suspended belief, you can take it all in."
Short & Sweet critic reviews Evita Oct 25, 2013 10:06 AM
Critic for the day, Matthew Jones, reviews Evita. Jones provides the audience perspective with an interview with Diana Martinez.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Person in custody after death of Carpentersville woman
- Woman missing near Grayslake pond found safe
- Elgin officer fired after Facebook posts on Ferguson
- Lombard man killed by stray wheel identified
- Longtime Elgin attorney dies in plane crash near Plano
- Surprising van Riemsdyk turning some heads
- U-46 parents, students criticize new grading system
- Motorcyclist seriously hurt in Elk Grove crash
- Jewel-Osco admits to second data breach
- Video game-themed restaurant coming to Woodfield
- FBI details FAA facility arsons, suspect's Facebook post
- Elgin woman dies after head-on crash
- Durbin, Oberweis debate background checks for guns
- Elgin man killed when motorcycle strikes SUV
- DuPage clerk candidate wants opponent's petitions investigated
- Elgin officer fired after Facebook posts on Ferguson
- Why Aurora air traffic control center is essential
- Heroin user still striving to 'get better eventually'
- Lombard man killed by stray wheel identified
- HEALTH CARE - Join the Aetna Better Health of Illinois team! Aetna Better Health of Illinois is looking for caring people who share our vision of helping to provide innovative, community-based health care for Family Health Plan members in Illinois. Aetna Better Health is a great place to work. As an employee, not only will you be helping others, you'll be part of a team just as dedicated as you. Our company values diversity and is dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals. Clinical Job Fair-Downtown Chicago Monday, October 6, 2014 11am -7pm The Wit 201 N. State Street Chicago, IL 60601 Clinical Job Fair-Downers Grove Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11am -7pm DoubleTree Suites and Conference Center 2111 Butterfield Road Downers Grove, IL 60515 Come prepared to interview with our managers. Please bring your resume! Job Opportunities -Clinical Care Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 19765BR and 19766BR -Case Management Coordinators (Bachelor's degree or non-licensed masters level clinician-social work, psychology, counseling) Requisition # 20813BR -Supportive Care Management Associates Requisition # 20474BR -Clinical Care Management Managers (RN, LISW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, PhD., Psy.D.) Requisition # 20475BR, 20515BR -Concurrent Review Nurse Requisition # 19770BR -Prior Auth Representatives Requisition # 20473BR -Director, Quality Management These positions will require local field based travel and may be eligible for telework consideration following successful completion of training and demonstrated performance. You can view available job opportunities and apply online before the events. Visit www.aetna.com/working , select Job Search, then select Search Openings, and input keyword "IL TANF." (id:4387165) FIELD MAINTENANCE TECH - Grounds Equipment Operators DuPage Airport Authority is hiring (1) FT Field Maintenance Tech II -$23.80. Must demonstrate equipment operation skills. Details & Application at www.dupageairport.com; search Employment. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (630) 584-3022 before 2:30 pm Oct 13, 2014. EOE. (id:4386576) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -Building Receptionist, Full-time w/benefits. Grayslake HS District 127. Apply at hhtp://www.d127.org/CareerOps (id:4387012)
- ROCKSTAR LINE COOKS! - 1-2+ Yrs Exp, No nights-wknds! 708.947.2940 or email@example.com (id:4386651) ART INSTRUCTOR - Education MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution to serve Cicero, IL and the surrounding communities. We currently have the following opportunity available: ART INSTRUCTOR TENURE TRACK / FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITION The seasoned faculty member we seek will be charged with teaching art history courses, fine arts courses, and related courses to a diverse student population. Participating on faculty committees and performing other duties related to teaching at a community college will also be involved. The successful candidate will be an experienced educator in the fine arts and related media, and a practicing artist with an active exhibit/professional record. Ideal candidates will engage in the critical discourse, both fine and digital art, and have a comprehensive understanding of the role of various art media in contemporary art practice, as well as trends in community college instruction. Qualified individuals must have a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Art, Digital Arts, or a closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, as well as advanced PC proficiency. A strong record of professional accomplishment, as demonstrated through portfolio, is essential. College teaching experience in all levels of art history, fine arts, digital arts and related fields, as well as special expertise in relevant art and animation software is desirable. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4386371) SENIOR ENGINEERS - Senior Engineers Gamma Technologies, Inc. seeks Senior Engineers for Westmont, IL location to un-dertake projects to research, develop and test advanced computational models of mechanical engineering equipment, including automotive systems and engine subsystems for engine and transmission lubrication, and general hydraulic systems. Bachelor's in Mechanical Eng +3yrs exp must include: constructing, calibrating and optimizing computational models for engine and transmission lubrication, journal bearings, oil pumps, hydraulic valves, and hydraulic circuits, and dyna- mic modeling of valvetrains and cranktrains. Exp w/thermo-dynamics, fluid mechanics, and 1-D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). Send resume to: Kathy Kolber, Ref: RA, 601 Oakmont Ln, Suite 220, West- mont, IL 60559 (id:4387125)
- MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE - Mechanical Maintenance Jackson Spring -Exp. req'd, ability to repair & troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & industrial mach. in mfg environment. Proficiency w/tool room equip., Adv knowledge w/maintaining PM programs. Must own your own tools. FT w/benefits. Elk Grove location. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4386242) FIELD MAINTENANCE TECH - AIRPORT LINE SERVICE FUEL TECHNICIAN DuPage Airport Authority is accepting resumes for full-time positions for aircraft refueling and related line services. Prior line service experience preferred. Download application at www.dupageairport.com; search Employment. Send application and resume to email@example.com. Positions open until filled. EOE (id:4387290) FRONT DESK ADMISSIONS - Team Rehabilitation Physical Therapy has openings for full-time and part-time Front Desk Admission positions at our Downers Grove, Willowbrook and Oakbrook Terrace clinics. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefit package and bonuses. Apply online at www.team-rehab.com (id:4387037)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.