Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Short and Sweet Theater Reviews
Diana Martinez reviews the world premiere of The Last Ship Jul 1, 2014 2:52 PM
Short and Sweet host, Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago, reviews The Last Ship.
Selected winners at the 2014 Tony Awards Jun 8, 2014 11:04 PM
Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play: Mark Rylance, “Twelfth Night.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical: Lena Hall, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Direction of a Musical: Darko Tresnjak, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder.” Best Direction of a Play: Kenny Leon, “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Score: Jason Robert Brown, “The Bridges of Madison County.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical: James Monroe Iglehart “Aladdin.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play: Sophie Okonedo, “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Play: Audra McDonald, “Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play: Bryan Cranston, “All the Way.” Best Play: “All The Way.” Best Revival of a Play: “A Raisin in the Sun.” Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical: Neil Patrick Harris, “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Revival of a Musical: “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical: Jessie Mueller, “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.” Best Musical: “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.”
Audra McDonald, Bryan Cranston, NPH win Tonys Jun 9, 2014 2:08 AM
The murderous romp “A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder” has gotten a lot of love at the Tony Awards — it nabbed the best new musical trophy on a night that saw Audra McDonald, Bryan Cranston and Neil Patrick Harris all took home big awards.
Short and Sweet critic Jennifer Irwin reviews ‘Buyer and Cellar’ with Diana Martinez May 21, 2014 11:13 AM
Short and Sweet critic Jennifer Irwin reviews 'Buyer and Cellar' in an interview with Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago
Short and Sweet critic Mike Latone reviews ‘Motown the Musical’ with Diana Martinez May 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Short and Sweet critic Mike Latone reviews Motown the Musical in an interview with Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago.
Short and Sweet critic Beth Kahan reviews ‘Wizard of Oz’ with Diana Martinez May 9, 2014 3:51 PM
Short and Sweet guest critic Beth Kahan of St. Charles discusses her reactions to Broadway in Chicago’s “Wizard of Oz with host Diana Martinez. Kahan draws upon her experience as an actress – including her experience playing a munchkin in her school’s rendition of “Wizard of Oz” – to critique the show.
Critic for the day, Joseph Billquist, discusses Peter and the Starcatcher with host Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago Apr 15, 2014 12:43 PM
Short & Sweet guest critic Joseph Billquist shares his perspective on Peter and the Starcatcher with Broadway in Chicago host Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet critic Ellen Ferrera reviews Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, hosted by Diana Martinez Mar 27, 2014 8:55 AM
Short and Sweet Critic for the day, Ellen Ferrera of Villa Parks, shares her perspective on Broadway in Chicago's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with host, Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet critic Dorothea Schultz reviews Heartbeat of Home, hosted by Diana Martinez Mar 10, 2014 9:28 AM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Dorothea Schultz of Itasca, discusses Broadway in Chicago's Heartbeat of Home with Short & Sweet host Diana Martinez.
Chicago The Musical - Review by Diana Martinez Feb 28, 2014 5:37 PM
Short and Sweet host Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago discusses the highlights of Chicago the Musical, playing through March 2 at the Bank of America Theatre.
Short and Sweet Review: Phantom of the Opera Jan 27, 2014 4:38 PM
Short and Sweet critic for the day, Terri Penas of Bartlett, discusses her reaction to Phantom of the Opera in an interview with host, Diana Martinez of Broadway in Chicago.
Short and Sweet critic Lauren Dennhardt reviews Ghost the Musical, hosted by Diana Martinez Jan 17, 2014 4:20 PM
Short and Sweet critic for the day, Lauren Dennhardt of Buffalo Grove, reviews Ghost the Musical in an interview with Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet guest critic Karen Whalen reviews Elf the Musical, hosted by Diana Martinez Dec 12, 2013 12:14 PM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Karen Whalen, shares her perspective on Elf the musical with host Diana Martinez.
Short & Sweet guest critic Ed Moon reviews Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical™, hosted by Diana Martinez Dec 12, 2013 12:19 PM
Short & Sweet critic for the day, Ed Moon, shares his perspective on the musical Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with host Diana Martinez.
50 Shades the Musical: Bring on the sequel! Dec 12, 2013 11:41 AM
Diana Martinez describes her experience seeing the musical sketch-comedy-parody of the novel, 50 Shades of Grey.
Short & Sweet critic Sarah Pouls reviews Wicked Dec 5, 2013 11:03 AM
Critic for the day, Sarah Pouls of Schaumburg, reviews Wicked. A recent graduate of Augustana College, Pouls draws upon her experience as a theater minor to critique the show.
From directing to dialogue: A look at theater reviewing Nov 1, 2013 6:09 AM
“Everyone's a critic.” What had been an expression is now reality for anyone with an opinion and access to the Internet. It's a big tent, and it's about to get bigger now that the Daily Herald and Broadway in Chicago have teamed up to offers readers a chance to review BIC productions as part of Short and Sweet, an online video series featuring theater reivews from audience members.
Short & Sweet Critic reviews Flashdance Oct 25, 2013 10:06 AM
Critic for the day, Taylor Gabby, gives the low down on the show from the audience perspective.
Short & Sweet critic reviews Big Fish Oct 25, 2013 10:03 AM
Critic for the day, Dan Gartlan, was drawn into the production of Big Fish: "With suspended belief, you can take it all in."
Short & Sweet critic reviews Evita Oct 25, 2013 10:06 AM
Critic for the day, Matthew Jones, reviews Evita. Jones provides the audience perspective with an interview with Diana Martinez.
- 4-year-old boy dies in Bensenville house fire
- Former Lake Co. deputy dies in skydiving accident
- Another suburb returns to ComEd, drops alternative supplier
- Boy with heart defect is Buffalo Grove cop for a day
- Family of drowned Elk Grove man sues Chicago gentleman's club
- Lake in the Hills standoff ends peacefully
- Woody Allen's 'Magic in the Moonlight' is just that
- Former Horizon Farms owners sue Cook County, bank
- Grayslake Central student's body found in Third Lake
- Hampshire star's major-league dream coming true
- Grayslake Central student's body found in Third Lake
- Friends honor Grayslake teen who drowned
- Semi driver in I-55 crash faked logs, authorities say
- Duran Duran suing Glenview-based fan club company
- Warrant issued for Elgin man accused of stabbing wife
- Crash victims remembered for humor, confidence
- Deal reached to save Town Center in Wheeling
- Streamwood house fire starts in dryer
- Editorial: What's really at stake in the furor at COD
- Maddux admits he's nervous for HOF weekend
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- SALES CONSULTANTS - Established distributor of professional beauty products seeking full time sales consultants to promote various product lines to salons and spa's. Expectations include: opening accounts, growing accounts, and territory, selling products and classes to salons and spas. Applicants must have a reliable automobile, be enthusiastic, have neat appearance. Training supplied-leads supplied. Call -email:John K. 847-843-7461, firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4380473) DRIVER - driver National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced Class A Route Drivers $27.00 Per Hour Plus Overtime National DCP offers great benefits, Overtime Pay over 40 hours, and the potential to earn $80,000 Annually! $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! Required Experience/Qualifications: -2 years' experience and clean driving record -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening APPLY NOW! -IN PERSON BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM: NATIONAL DCP 9000 W. 192nd Street, Mokena, IL 60487 -EMAIL: Drivers@natdcp.com -PHONE: (855) 637-3341 EOE M/F/D/V (id:4379867) DRIVER - Sound Inc in Naperville, has immediate opening for FT Warehouse Driver/Worker. Duties include deliveries around Chicagoland area, ship-ping, receiving, building maint. Requirements include clean driving record, PC skills, ability to lift 70 lbs., organizational and interpersonal skills. Flexible work hours include early morning deliveries. Warehouse experience preferred. Competitive wage, paid vac/hol, health, 401k. Sound Inc is an EOE and has a drug free work environment. Send resume to email@example.com No phone calls (id:4380475)
- OFFICE HELP - StChas company needs seasonal FT office help (April -Oct.) Word and Excel req'd. Strng organization, phone and people skills a must. Hlth Ins available. $12.50-Hr. Fax resume: 630-513-1609 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379892) WAREHOUSE AND DELIVERY - Small retail business needs warehouse-delivery person in N-W suburbs Drive forklift, unload trucks, make deliveries to customers homes Do all related paperwork Must have good organization-communication skills FT M-Sa 847-259-7550 (id:4379893) SR. PRODUCTCONSULTANT - Computer The Northern Trust Co. is seeking a Senior Product Consultant in Chicago IL, with the following requirements: BS in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering and 5 years of related experience. Prior experience must include: setting up and generating customized reports within an Investment Risk and Analytical Services (IRAS) global team; planning, developing, testing and documenting performance analysis reports in Business Objects XI and SQL; developing automated reports using VBA and SQL based on user requirements; preparing project phase reports including requirements, feasibility, definition and design. Please apply on-line at www.northerntrustcareers.com and search for Req. # GC52497A EOE (id:4380269)
- MACHINE OPERATORS - Machinists and Quality Inspectors As a Precision Manufacturer of custom gearing for the past forty years, Reliance Gear Corporation has been serving a wide variety of industries such as Defense, Construction & Agricultural Equipment, Graphic Web Presses, Aerospace and Well Drilling Machinery. We are expanding in Addison, Illinois, and are looking to add experienced Machinists and Inspectors for both 1st and 2nd shift in two locations. Machinists to Program, Set-up and Operate CNC Machines, Experienced in: Milling, Turning, OD Grinding, ID Grinding, Bevel Gear Cutting. Quality Inspectors with Extensive CMM Programming Experience. Positions are full-time, with competitive pay, full benefits including, Major Medical/Dental, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Life Insurance, 401k, Vacation, and 10 Paid Holidays starting from day one, and the opportunity for long term career growth. If you are qualified and interested or know of someone that is: Resumes are to be emailed to Randersonhr@gmail.com or dropped off in person at Reliance Gear Corporation, 205 Factory Road, Addison, IL 60101. Only direct applicants at this time, no agencies. Reliance Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (id:4380324) HEALTH CARE - Our established office near Rockford / Belvidere area is seeking a full time or part time Dental Receptionist/ Dental Front Desk Person. Former customer service experience and computer skills preferred, bilingual Spanish a plus. We offer competitive salary, paid Holidays, paid vacation, X-mas bonus and there is a potential for cash bonus. We can train you if you are a self starter, highly motived, fast learner with an out-going personality. E-mail your resume to: Onesmiledentalpc@yahoo.com. "One smile at a time!" (id:4379531) DRIVER - Drivers: Local Des Plaines P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Bob Jennings: 1-800-611-6335 (id:4379581)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.