Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Senate 22
Will Democrats take Republican ballots March 18? Feb 21, 2014 4:32 AM
The compelling Republican primary race for governor continues to dwarf anything happening on the Democratic ballot on March 18. So might Democrats take a break from their own party, pull a Republican ballot and get in on the GOP action? And would there be consequences for doing that?
The challenges ahead for Illinois Nov 16, 2012 4:40 AM
An Elgin letter to the editor: The campaigns are over. Now, it is clear. Four years ago when voters said that they demanded affordable health care, they meant it. In Illinois, when they said they demanded tax fairness, they meant it. And they meant it when they said promises made must be promises kept.
Noland wins re-election in 22nd Senate race; Collins concedes Nov 7, 2012 12:02 AM
Michael Noland is headed to re-election in the 22nd state senate district. With 117 out of 119 precincts reporting Election Day votes, Noland has 65 percent of those counted. Cary Collins, his opponent, has 35 percent. Noland, an Elgin Democrat, made a victory speech tonight from Danny's Pizza's new downtown Elgin location, while Collins conceded.
Hot races to watch in the Fox Valley Nov 5, 2012 6:01 AM
While the very top of the election ticket is undoubtedly getting the most attention, there are still plenty of local races to talk about. They range from a contentious and high-profile statehouse race to Kane and McHenry County Board contests where several incumbents are at risk of getting bounced out of office.
Noland, Collins both claim party independence Oct 22, 2012 5:30 AM
Democratic incumbent Michael Noland and his Republican challenger Cary Collins are both campaigning on the idea that they will stand up to their parties in the state senate when it is best for residents of the 22nd District. Noland tells voters to look at his record since he was elected in 2007 , while Collins points to his experience on the Hoffman Estates village board when claiming his reputation for independence.
Endorsement: Noland over Collins in Senate District 22 Oct 14, 2012 5:00 AM
The Daily Herald endorses Democrat Mike Noland of Elgin over Cary Collins of Hoffman Estates in the race for state senator from the 22nd District.
State hopefuls debate education at U-46 forum Oct 12, 2012 10:12 AM
Pension reform, teacher evaluations and unions were among the topics candidates during an election forum at Elgin High School. The 22nd District race features incumbent Democrat Michael Noland of Elgin and challenger Cary Collins, a Republican from Hoffman Estates. Fred Crespo, a Democrat from Hoffman Estates and incumbent in the 44th District race, took on Republican challenger Ramiro Juarez of Streamwood.
Candidates debate education funding at Schaumburg forum Oct 11, 2012 12:19 AM
In a candidates’ forum sponsored by the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs Wednesday night, it’s perhaps only to be expected that the issue of Illinois’ establishing a reliable funding stream for education should get the biggest spotlight. Different approaches to reaching this goal were shared by the Democratic incumbents and Republican challengers in the 44th and 56th District state House races and the 22nd and 28th District state Senate races at Addams Junior High School in Schaumburg.
Schaumburg Township PTAs host candidate forum Oct 9, 2012 6:40 PM
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host a candidate forum Oct. 10 at Addams Junior High School, 700 S. Springinsguth Road in Schaumburg. Candidates from the 44th and 56th District state House races and the 22nd and 28th District state Senate races are invited.
Schaumburg PTAs host state candidates’ forum Sep 28, 2012 5:13 PM
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host a candidates’ forum at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at Addams Junior High School, 700 S. Springinsguth Road in Schaumburg. Both the Democratic and Republican contenders in the 44th and 56th state House races and the 22nd and 28th state Senate races have been invited.
Senate candidates talk taxes, regulation and jobs Sep 25, 2012 10:32 PM
Cary Collins, a Hoffman Estates attorney and Republican challenger in the 22nd district state senate race, tried to convince voters Tuesday that Springfield needs new faces — his, specifically — even while acknowledging his opponent Michael Noland has stood up to his own party while in office. The pair debated business taxation, regulation and employment during a forum hosted by political group Elgin OCTAVE.
Attitude toward animals Neanderthal Sep 23, 2012 4:40 AM
A Carpentersville letter to the editor: It's been said that you can judge a society by the way it treats its animals. If that's the case, future generations surely will believe that Illinois legislators and Kane County officials were quite the Neanderthals for approving river otter trapping and, respectively, bow hunting in forest preserves.
Michael Noland: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:38 PM
Candidate information for Michael Noland, running for 22nd District Senate
Cary Collins: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:33 PM
Candidate information for Cary Collins, running for 22nd District Senate
Rauschenberger at GOP breakfast in Schaumburg Sep 17, 2012 4:05 PM
Retired Illinois state Sen. Steve Rauschenberger will be the guest speaker at the Schaumburg Township Republican Organization's next monthly breakfast meeting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22 at Chandler's Chophouse, 401 N. Roselle Road in Schaumburg. Other speakers include current Republican candidates Cary Collins, running for the 22nd District state Senate seat, and Ramiro Juarez, running for the 44th District state House seat.
Candidates in four state races square off Sep 13, 2012 11:57 PM
From throwing out all incumbents to stronger commitment to bipartisan cooperation, a variety of approaches was suggested to improving the state of the state at a candidates forum hosted by the Schaumburg Business Association Thursday night. The event at Schaumburg's Prairie Center for the Arts featured the Republican and Democratic candidates in the 44th and 56th District state House and 22nd and 28th District state Senate races.
Schaumburg business group to host state candidates forum Sep 7, 2012 4:03 PM
The Schaumburg Business Association will present a state representative and state senator candidates forum from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13 at the Prairie Center for the Arts, 201 Schaumburg Court in Schaumburg. All candidates in the 44th and 56th District state House races and the 22nd and 28th District state Senate races are confirmed.
Democratic candidates forum in Schaumburg Aug. 6 Jul 25, 2012 5:52 PM
The Schaumburg Area Democrats will host a Democratic Candidates Forum at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 6 at Chandler's Chop House at the Schaumburg Golf Club, 401 N. Roselle Road in Schaumburg. Scheduled to attend are 8th Congressional District candidate Tammy Duckworth, 56th District state Rep. Michelle Mussman, 22nd District state Sen. Mike Noland, 28th District state Sen. Dan Kotowski, and possibly more.
Collins stays on ballot to challenge Noland for 22nd State Senate seat Jul 24, 2012 4:52 PM
Republican Cary Collins has survived a challenge to his candidacy and will remain on the ballot for the 22nd District Senate seat. Collins, who was slated for the seat by the Republican party in April, is challenging incumbent Michael Noland. Frank Imhoff, of Elgin, filed a petition with the State Board of Elections in June, arguing many of Collins' signatures were invalid but Collins ended up with four more signatures than he needed to stay on the ballot.
Teachers, public employees ask Noland to reject pension reforms May 4, 2012 4:58 PM
Protesters rallied outside of Sen. Michael Noland's office Friday to support teachers and other public employees who are in the crosshairs of pension reform in Springfield.
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Gas station plan fuels Lake Barrington controversy
- Durbin, Oberweis see red over green issues
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.