Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Schmit, Kevin
Prep football playoffs: Who’s up, who’s out, proposed changes Oct 29, 2014 8:52 AM
Still chewing over those playoff football pairings? So are we. So’s the entire state. It’s an interesting set of brackets the IHSA unveiled on Saturday. This week’s Eyes on Five does a little dissecting.
Counting down to Saturday’s big event Oct 21, 2014 9:27 PM
Welcome to the week before THE week. For those still hoping to play football in Week 10, it all comes down to what happens in Week 9.
Addison Trail has something to prove against Glenbard West Oct 14, 2014 8:16 PM
Outside of Blackhawk Nation, please stand up if you predicted West Aurora’s overtime victory over Waubonsie Valley. Yeah, didn’t think so. If you’re not yet convinced that 2014 is a football season to expect the unexpected, it’s time to wake up to the truth.
A scary playoff scenario in the DuPage Valley Oct 7, 2014 10:01 PM
The possible scenarios in the DuPage Valley Conference are endless, and most of them are not pretty. Here’s the darkest possibility...only one playoff qualifier — Naperville Central (5-1) — from the six-team league.
Statistics can be tricky things, and the new eye in the sky Sep 30, 2014 6:32 PM
By every measure, St. Francis senior defensive lineman Quinn Calcagno put in a career performance against Hales Franciscan in last weekend’s 29-0 victory. The team’s stats listed him with 12 total tackles including 5.5 sacks. Those are the “official” stats, which is where things get a little tricky. There was an additional play that required a difficult judgment call.
Wheaton teams in a tough spot Sep 23, 2014 8:26 PM
Did you feel that? That was the sense of urgency kicking in. We head into Week 5 with a slightly better view of how the football season’s rounding into shape. For some, the shape ain’t pretty.
Nonconference schedule leaves DVC in tough spot Sep 16, 2014 8:33 PM
Three weeks in and already we’re in must-win territory. Well, at least some of us are there. Eyes on Five looks at trouble in the DuPage Valley Conference and other issues on the mind.
Still looking for a dominant team Sep 9, 2014 8:13 PM
It’s among the oldest clichés in the playbook, but is it true? Do prep football teams truly make their biggest improvements between Week 1 and Week 2?
Week 1 showed why high school football is so much fun Sep 2, 2014 9:47 PM
Yes, folks, that big blast of craziness was only Week 1. The question is, can Eyes on Five handle eight more of these things? It sure will be fun finding out!
5 things to watch for in Week 1 of prep football season Aug 28, 2014 8:21 PM
The butterflies. Whether you play, coach, watch — or even write about — prep football, there's no avoiding those butterflies rolling through the stomach. And whether it's your first season-opener or, in my case, 24th, the anticipation never changes. Eyes on Five returns this school year, starting with a quick look at what makes this particular Week 1 special.
Benet wins one for the alums Mar 19, 2014 7:39 AM
There's a theory that you can't argue with history. Not only did Benet's boys basketball team argue with it Tuesday night, the Redwings grabbed it, threw it to the ground and tossed it out the gymnasium door at Hinsdale Central.
Will fans pack stands in DeKalb? Nov 29, 2013 5:26 PM
Quick favor to ask...could someone please remind me to drive to DeKalb instead of Champaign on Saturday? It’s again time for eight football champions to be crowned, but for the first time in 30 years the games take place well within driving distance of eight million people. How many will show up this weekend? Eyes on Five takes a look at that and some other tidbits as we say goodbye to football season for another year.
Conference craziness works back into football season Nov 21, 2013 10:39 PM
Wouldn’t you know it? Here we were enjoying a fantastic football postseason when conference craziness again forced its way into our sporting lives. The tug of war drones on between the DuPage Valley Conference and the Upstate Eight Conference and — even with state football title berths on the line this weekend — Eyes on Five can’t help but look at what’s on the horizon.
Plenty of reasons to show up Nov 14, 2013 9:24 PM
Where is everybody? Two weeks into the football playoffs and I have yet to see a packed house. This edition of Eyes on Five looks at disappointing crowd sizes. Hopefully it gets better this week.
A rivalry that doesn’t get enough recognition Nov 7, 2013 9:54 PM
When it comes to top football rivalries, how come there isn’t more mention of Montini and Marian Central Catholic?
Planting the seeds of playoff change Oct 31, 2013 8:29 PM
The power of change is a funny thing. There it is, right in the palm of your hand. Only you can’t see it. This week’s Eyes on Five looks at the power of change sitting in a bunch of palms right now.
Life on the bubble can be complicated Oct 24, 2013 8:28 PM
Many football teams already know they’ll be in the playoffs while many more teams know they won’t. What about the tweeners? What about the teams stuck in the middle that won’t know where they stand until the IHSA announces the pairings Saturday night? Eyes on Five this week looks at some of the teams sweating it out as we head into the final week of the regular season.
The safety issue can’t be masked Oct 17, 2013 9:57 PM
When dealing with athlete safety, nothing should be off the table. Before scattering the field again, “Eyes on Five” first looks outside the box in taking on the task of reducing the number of football player concussions.
‘Eyes on Five’ has ... eyes on next year? Oct 10, 2013 6:54 PM
“Eyes on Five” is about to break the golden rule of high school football. We’re looking past the game in front of us. I know, I know. Crazy stuff, right? Sorry...can’t help it. Not with some interesting stuff looming on the horizon after this season. If only for a moment, let’s look ahead. Just don’t tell the coaches.
Just kickin’ it at the halfway point Oct 3, 2013 9:12 PM
Halfway home means different things to different teams. For football teams with glowing potential, you definitely don’t want to be halfway home after Week 5. Save that for after Week 7 and a trip to the state title games Thanksgiving weekend in DeKalb. “Eyes on Five” grinds through another week in hopes of also making it to that 14th game in DeKalb.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- 2 fire districts field 'emotionally charged' questions
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Bulls' strategy a success in season opener
- Tres, St. Viator blank Antioch
- 'Gentle giant' retiring from Harper firefighting program
- Harper president meets Obama over high-tech training
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.