Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Schaumburg
Statue of Jesus shouldn’t have been covered Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
A Schaumburg letter to the editor: The letter “Praise for church’s gracious actions” from the Arlington Heights gentleman on Oct. 15 described the Burt Constable article, “Jesus hidden for high holy days in Catholic Church.” The church’s action was the ultimate gesture of political correctness. The last time I checked, Jesus was born a Jew who preached and taught in the Jewish temples to both Jewish and Gentile people. He welcomed all to hear his word and teachings.
Unions should step up for nurses Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
The Ebola crises exposes the shameful environment nurses have to work in. They cannot complain about the “management” companies that manage with threats of dismissal or forced early retirement if a nurse dares to complain. Shame on the hospitals that allow this.
Why no debate for Duckworth, Kaifesh? Oct 30, 2014 1:01 AM
A Schaumburg letter to the editor: I have called Tammy Duckworth’s office four times over the past two weeks and have spoken with four different people always asking the same question. Why won’t Ms. Duckworth debate with Larry Kaifesh? I have never had the courtesy of a callback and wonder what Ms. Duckworth has to hide?
No Indian mound means apartments can be built in Schaumburg Oct 30, 2014 11:36 AM
Vacant land along Algonquin Road in Schaumburg — suspected three years ago of being the site of an American Indian mound — might soon become a rare, post-recession residential development containing 192 apartment units.
The Tech Doctors Inc. earn Microsoft Silver Small, Midmarket Cloud Solutions Competency Oct 30, 2014 4:17 PM
The Tech Doctors Inc. in Wheaton announced it has achieved a Silver Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency, demonstrating its ability to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s dynamic business environment.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Harper College toasts ‘Distinguished Alumni’ honorees Oct 30, 2014 5:30 AM
Harper College held an intimate ceremony Wednesday night recognizing eight alums for the contributions in their careers and community.
10 ideas — both frightening and family-friendly — for Halloween Oct 30, 2014 12:57 PM
Looking for Halloween haunts? Want something more than the chance to chow down on chocolate? We have 10 events, from tame to terrifying, that will make this Halloween memorable.
Documentary on ‘National Barn Dance’ screening in Schaumburg Oct 29, 2014 1:54 PM
For almost four decades, WLS radio and television’s “National Barn Dance” was one of Chicago’s biggest exports in entertainment, featuring stars such as Gene Autrey, George Gobel, Pat Buttram, and Bob Atcher before he became Schaumburg’s first mayor in 1959. A documentary about that period, “The Hayloft Gang,” will screen at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Schaumburg to lower its property tax for fifth year Oct 29, 2014 5:30 AM
Schaumburg officials are continuing their streak of lowering the village’s property tax levy as they have since introducing the unpopular tax back in December 2009, during the depths of the recession. Trustees Tuesday set the tentative levy for 2014 at $20.7 million — a 1 percent reduction from last year’s.
Schaumburg man one of 29 facing bank fraud charges Oct 29, 2014 5:21 PM
Authorities say 19 of 29 suspects in Illinois and Indiana are under arrest in an “card cracking” fraud scheme that originated Chicago’s South Side and is spreading. Among those charged is Blake Williams, 30, of Schaumburg.
When to trick-or-treat in the Northwest suburbs Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
In most Northwest suburbs kids are being asked to collect their Halloween loot within specific hours — to wear costumes easily seen by drivers and to visit only homes where the front lights are on. All trick or treat hours listed here are for Friday, Oct. 31.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
Ricky B's Prime Burger House a chip off the old chop Oct 28, 2014 1:25 PM
Burgers are a hot commodity, and restaurant-goers apparently can't get enough. Ricky B's Prime Burger House joined the fray earlier this year when it opened on the upper level of Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. Created by owners of the award-winning Chicago Chop House, Ricky B's offers a convenient sit-down lunch or dinner option for anyone in the neighborhood craving a burger, sandwich or salad.
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies Oct 28, 2014 8:33 AM
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
New lawsuit filed against arrested Schaumburg cops Oct 28, 2014 6:23 PM
Even as Schaumburg has reached the point of settling or defending a dozen lawsuits regarding the actions of three undercover police officers arrested last year on drug conspiracy charges, yet another was filed last week. Jessica Elsayed, 24, of Schaumburg filed a federal lawsuit Oct. 24 claiming she had been wrongfully arrested and prosecuted for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- No more excuses
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Terminally ill woman may postpone taking her life
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Update your living space with a small balcony makeover
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.