Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Sassone, Tim
Sharp, Kane need to find ‘on’ switch Mar 15, 2014 1:23 AM
After Friday’s 3-2 loss to last-place Nashville at the United Center, it's time to raise red flags across the board. The Hawks have stopped scoring and stopped working hard on a regular basis and subsequently have dropped to third place in the Central Division behind St. Louis and Colorado. Tim Sassone says it's time for Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp to hit the "on switch" in their games.
Pirri trade not a surprise Mar 3, 2014 10:56 PM
The day after saying he liked the makeup of his team, Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman traded minor-league center Brandon Pirri to Florida for two draft picks Sunday. Could he have gotten more for Pirri, the American Hockey League’s leading scorer last season? Maybe, but you never know what others think of your players until you make them available.
Kane, rock-solid Crawford star on grandest stage Jun 23, 2013 12:33 AM
The bigger the game, the better Patrick Kane plays. The guy who scored in overtime in Philadelphia four years ago to give the Blackhawks their first Stanley Cup in 49 years was at it again Saturday night on the game's grandest stage in the Stanley Cup Final. Kane scored 2 goals to back the rock-solid goaltending of Corey Crawford in a 3-1 win over Boston that moved the Hawks within a game of another championship.
Hawks win in Nashville to close out 4-0-2 road trip Feb 11, 2013 6:27 AM
The daunting part of the Blackhawks' schedule is over and who could have predicted this? After playing 10 of their first 12 games on the road, the Hawks will return to the United Center on Tuesday still without a loss in regulation after beating Nashville 3-0 on Sunday night. That closed a six-game road trip at 4-0-2 and left the Hawks a stunning 10-0-2 for the season.
Blackhawks get payback on Torres, Coyotes Feb 8, 2013 10:00 AM
Payback can come in a lot of different ways. In the first on-ice meeting between Marian Hossa and Raffi Torres since the hit in the playoffs that saw Hossa leave Game 3 on a stretcher, the Blackhawks paid Torres and the Phoenix Coyotes back with a dominating 6-2 win Thursday night at Jobing.com Arena. The win moved the Hawks to 9-0-2.
Keith really hears it from fans during shootout loss Feb 2, 2013 3:43 PM
Jordan Schroeder scored in a shootout to give the Vancouver Canucks a 2-1 victory over the Blackhawks on Friday night. Schroeder, who hasn't scored a traditional goal in the regular season, fired a low, hard shot that squeaked through the pads of goalie Corey Crawford.
Bickell, Frolik hoping new season brings better results Jan 11, 2013 9:44 PM
Depth is going to mean everything in this 48-game NHL season. Bryan Bickell and Michal Frolik are two players who must step up for the Blackhawks. “For sure, I wasn't very good last year and I know I can be better,” Frolik said. “I worked in the summer and tried to play some games in Czech. I think I'm in good shape and hopefully I can prove I can be better than last year.”
Toews will be in NHL meetings today Dec 3, 2012 7:12 PM
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is among the small group of players invited to be part of negotiations today in New York with six owners as the NHL and Players' Association try something different in an attempt to end the 80-day lockout.
Players get to see how badly fans miss hockey Oct 30, 2012 12:01 AM
By all accounts, Friday's "Champs for Charity" game at Allstate Arena featuring many members of the 2010 Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks was a rousing success.
The No Hockey League — again Sep 15, 2012 6:27 PM
Tim Sassone gives his take on the NHL lockout.
Minnesota snags top players; what now for Hawks? Jul 4, 2012 9:02 PM
Zach Parise and Ryan Suter — two high-profile players offered contracts by the Blackhawks — surprised the hockey world Wednesday by signing long-term contracts with the Minnesota Wild.
Hawks to-do list: fix power play, find No. 2 center Apr 27, 2012 10:26 AM
The Blackhawks have a number of issues to address this off-season, but two stand out above all else: the power play and finally landing a legitimate second line center. Veteran hockey writer Tim Sassone says its clear that Marcus Kruger simply is not the answer as a top-three center, and Patrick Kane and is an all-star at right wing and should stay there and not play center, where he was knocked off the puck frequently in the playoffs.
Ugly power play still problem for Blackhawks Feb 20, 2012 10:42 PM
While the Blackhawks have shown progress toward correcting their team defense issues, there are no signs of them fixing their next biggest problem: the ugly and unproductive power play.
Pressure mounts, and it doesn’t get any easier for Hawks Feb 12, 2012 7:58 PM
A Blackhawks organization that has had the golden touch for the better part of the last four years, that seemingly could do no wrong on and off the ice, has come face to face with its worst adversity since Rockey Wirtz and John McDonough took over the club.
Hossa, Kane together on Team Chara for All-Star Game Jan 26, 2012 11:50 PM
You’ve got to hand it to the NHL for at least trying to make its All-Star Game interesting with the fantasy draft. Both Blackhawks all-stars will play for Team Chara in Sunday’s game.
Is Hossa a Selke Trophy candidate? Why not? Dec 10, 2011 2:59 PM
Not only is Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa one of the greatest offensive players in the NHL, but his all-around game should make him a solid candidate for the Selke Trophy, which goes annually to the league's top defensive forward.
Two quick second-period goals bury Hawks Nov 19, 2011 3:14 PM
The Calgary Flames treated Friday's game against the Blackhawks as one they had to win. The Hawks treated it as just another game against Calgary in November.
It’s debatable if Hawks are tougher to play against Nov 9, 2011 6:23 PM
The Blackhawks were supposed to be a tougher team to play against this season, but in their first 15 games they have been outhit 14 times.
Don't even think about trading Kane Apr 30, 2011 6:01 PM
There's a small faction of Blackhawks Nation again calling for the Hawks to deal Patrick Kane, apparently unhappy with the winger's 1 goal and 5 assists in the first-round playoff loss to Vancouver. The Hawks should entertain no such thought.
More toughness? Hawks wouldn’t mind Apr 29, 2011 12:43 AM
Blackhawks coach Joen Quenneville would like to see his team be a little tougher to play against next season.
- 3 injured in Elk Grove factory explosion
- Ingleside man accused in drug-related death
- Boys swimming scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Wiliams, Barson share fifth-place finales
- Small SUVs, pricey sports cars dominate at Geneva auto show
- New businesses coming to Yorktown Center
- Bouncer shot during Fox Lake bar brawl
- DVD previews: 'Foxcatcher,' 'Mockingjay' out next week
- James Franco tries to move beyond 'The Interview'
- Lakemoor sued over new special taxing district
- 2010 draft not a total bust
- Bouncer shot during Fox Lake bar brawl
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Ingleside man accused in drug-related death
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Des Plaines Alderman Dick Sayad faces trespassing charges
- Westminster ousts defending 1A champ Mooseheart
- Fox fire district seeks money for quality
- First regional title for St. Edward since 2009
- 5 things to do this weekend in the suburbs
- PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE - Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION / WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Bakery Supervisor To learn more about the above positions, apply in person or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg EOE m/f/d/v www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4399095) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing/ Plastics $9/hr 6:45am-7pm and 6:45pm-7am Temp to Hire with GREAT Benefits upon perm hire!! Immediate Jobs 630-620-9800 (id:4399754) DRIVERS - TRUCK DRIVERS-OTR/ CLASS A CDL Ashley Distribution Services in Romeoville, IL seeks: -LTL TRUCK DRIVERS (Multiple stop loads to retail stores!) Earning potential avg. $78,000 year -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) Earning potential avg. $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -Full Benefit Package Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: email@example.com or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4399639)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4398779) LINE TECHINICIAN - Line Technicians (id:4399110) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR EVENT Wed. 3/4/15 -10am -4pm Holiday Inn Express 6600 Manheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 -Exciting job fueling commercial aircraft -Team environment focused on keeping aircraft safe and on schedule -Career-oriented position with opportunity for paid training and job advancement -Access to great benefits like Health, Life, 401K and tuition reimbursement Pay starts at $9.25. Qualified applicants will possess high school diploma or GED and valid drivers license; no previous experience required. Please complete your online application to apply for positions at Chicago O'Hare International Airport www.asig.com/employment Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4399773)
- INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE - Complete cycle counting and reconciliation activities on schedule. Complete inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain accurate inventory. Investigate and resolve piece part count discrepancies on jobs. May complete additional tasks such as parts picking, issuing, material transport, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed. Completes work on schedule and at required quality levels. Work closely and effectively with other departments to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire operation. Reports component, process, and-or product problems to Supervisor. Follows defined quality system documentation as required by ISO. Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Works with minimal supervision on assigned tasks. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Education-Experience-Qualifications: Minimum of 1 yr. experience in inventory control and warehouse environment a plus. Excellent attention to detail. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to work with very small components email resume to email@example.com (id:4399062) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR! Wednesday, February 25th 1 to 4 p.m. Willow Creek Atrium Meet with prospective employers from the community who are looking to fill positions with great candidates. Positions in health care, manufacturing, food service, sales and retail are among some of the options available. Willow Creek Care Center -67 E. Algonquin Road -South Barrington, IL 224.512.2600 -willowcreekcarecenter.org See an employer list at www.willowcreek.needsmet.org (id:4397999) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing Medical device manufacturer has an opening for 1st & 2nd Shift Assembler, light assembly work, willing to train. Apply at: Corpak MedSystems 1001 Asbury Drive Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 -EOE (id:4399699)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.