Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Sassone, Tim
Sharp, Kane need to find ‘on’ switch Mar 15, 2014 1:23 AM
After Friday’s 3-2 loss to last-place Nashville at the United Center, it's time to raise red flags across the board. The Hawks have stopped scoring and stopped working hard on a regular basis and subsequently have dropped to third place in the Central Division behind St. Louis and Colorado. Tim Sassone says it's time for Patrick Kane and Patrick Sharp to hit the "on switch" in their games.
Pirri trade not a surprise Mar 3, 2014 10:56 PM
The day after saying he liked the makeup of his team, Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman traded minor-league center Brandon Pirri to Florida for two draft picks Sunday. Could he have gotten more for Pirri, the American Hockey League’s leading scorer last season? Maybe, but you never know what others think of your players until you make them available.
Kane, rock-solid Crawford star on grandest stage Jun 23, 2013 12:33 AM
The bigger the game, the better Patrick Kane plays. The guy who scored in overtime in Philadelphia four years ago to give the Blackhawks their first Stanley Cup in 49 years was at it again Saturday night on the game's grandest stage in the Stanley Cup Final. Kane scored 2 goals to back the rock-solid goaltending of Corey Crawford in a 3-1 win over Boston that moved the Hawks within a game of another championship.
Hawks win in Nashville to close out 4-0-2 road trip Feb 11, 2013 6:27 AM
The daunting part of the Blackhawks' schedule is over and who could have predicted this? After playing 10 of their first 12 games on the road, the Hawks will return to the United Center on Tuesday still without a loss in regulation after beating Nashville 3-0 on Sunday night. That closed a six-game road trip at 4-0-2 and left the Hawks a stunning 10-0-2 for the season.
Blackhawks get payback on Torres, Coyotes Feb 8, 2013 10:00 AM
Payback can come in a lot of different ways. In the first on-ice meeting between Marian Hossa and Raffi Torres since the hit in the playoffs that saw Hossa leave Game 3 on a stretcher, the Blackhawks paid Torres and the Phoenix Coyotes back with a dominating 6-2 win Thursday night at Jobing.com Arena. The win moved the Hawks to 9-0-2.
Keith really hears it from fans during shootout loss Feb 2, 2013 3:43 PM
Jordan Schroeder scored in a shootout to give the Vancouver Canucks a 2-1 victory over the Blackhawks on Friday night. Schroeder, who hasn't scored a traditional goal in the regular season, fired a low, hard shot that squeaked through the pads of goalie Corey Crawford.
Bickell, Frolik hoping new season brings better results Jan 11, 2013 9:44 PM
Depth is going to mean everything in this 48-game NHL season. Bryan Bickell and Michal Frolik are two players who must step up for the Blackhawks. “For sure, I wasn't very good last year and I know I can be better,” Frolik said. “I worked in the summer and tried to play some games in Czech. I think I'm in good shape and hopefully I can prove I can be better than last year.”
Toews will be in NHL meetings today Dec 3, 2012 7:12 PM
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews is among the small group of players invited to be part of negotiations today in New York with six owners as the NHL and Players' Association try something different in an attempt to end the 80-day lockout.
Players get to see how badly fans miss hockey Oct 30, 2012 12:01 AM
By all accounts, Friday's "Champs for Charity" game at Allstate Arena featuring many members of the 2010 Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks was a rousing success.
The No Hockey League — again Sep 15, 2012 6:27 PM
Tim Sassone gives his take on the NHL lockout.
Minnesota snags top players; what now for Hawks? Jul 4, 2012 9:02 PM
Zach Parise and Ryan Suter — two high-profile players offered contracts by the Blackhawks — surprised the hockey world Wednesday by signing long-term contracts with the Minnesota Wild.
Hawks to-do list: fix power play, find No. 2 center Apr 27, 2012 10:26 AM
The Blackhawks have a number of issues to address this off-season, but two stand out above all else: the power play and finally landing a legitimate second line center. Veteran hockey writer Tim Sassone says its clear that Marcus Kruger simply is not the answer as a top-three center, and Patrick Kane and is an all-star at right wing and should stay there and not play center, where he was knocked off the puck frequently in the playoffs.
Ugly power play still problem for Blackhawks Feb 20, 2012 10:42 PM
While the Blackhawks have shown progress toward correcting their team defense issues, there are no signs of them fixing their next biggest problem: the ugly and unproductive power play.
Pressure mounts, and it doesn’t get any easier for Hawks Feb 12, 2012 7:58 PM
A Blackhawks organization that has had the golden touch for the better part of the last four years, that seemingly could do no wrong on and off the ice, has come face to face with its worst adversity since Rockey Wirtz and John McDonough took over the club.
Hossa, Kane together on Team Chara for All-Star Game Jan 26, 2012 11:50 PM
You’ve got to hand it to the NHL for at least trying to make its All-Star Game interesting with the fantasy draft. Both Blackhawks all-stars will play for Team Chara in Sunday’s game.
Is Hossa a Selke Trophy candidate? Why not? Dec 10, 2011 2:59 PM
Not only is Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa one of the greatest offensive players in the NHL, but his all-around game should make him a solid candidate for the Selke Trophy, which goes annually to the league's top defensive forward.
Two quick second-period goals bury Hawks Nov 19, 2011 3:14 PM
The Calgary Flames treated Friday's game against the Blackhawks as one they had to win. The Hawks treated it as just another game against Calgary in November.
It’s debatable if Hawks are tougher to play against Nov 9, 2011 6:23 PM
The Blackhawks were supposed to be a tougher team to play against this season, but in their first 15 games they have been outhit 14 times.
Don't even think about trading Kane Apr 30, 2011 6:01 PM
There's a small faction of Blackhawks Nation again calling for the Hawks to deal Patrick Kane, apparently unhappy with the winger's 1 goal and 5 assists in the first-round playoff loss to Vancouver. The Hawks should entertain no such thought.
More toughness? Hawks wouldn’t mind Apr 29, 2011 12:43 AM
Blackhawks coach Joen Quenneville would like to see his team be a little tougher to play against next season.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Daughter: A 'completely different' mom killed 4-year-old
- Motorola Solutions plans more layoffs, smaller campus
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.