Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Rosemont
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Joey’s Angels Eclipses $2 Million Mark in Search for a Cure Oct 31, 2014 7:16 AM
Help Spring Valley prepare for winter
Marcel’s Culinary Experience, Glen Ellyn, Announces New Gift Boxes, Private/Corporate Event Options Oct 31, 2014 4:52 PM
Marcel’s Culinary Experience (www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retail store and recreational cooking school in downtown Glen Ellyn, is gearing up for the year-end holidays with new gift boxes and private event options. “With the improving economy, our customers are getting into holiday mode earlier this year. Many weekend evenings already are booked with corporate and family holiday parties, and we’ve been getting inquiries about gift baskets and boxes for a while,” says Marcel’s Proprietor Jill Foucré. With gift giving and entertaining in mind, Marcel’s staff has assembled six collections of small-batch specialty foods, starting at $75, that come attractively packaged in a Marcel’s branded box for pick up at the store or shipment anywhere in North America. Themes include Taste of Italy, Party Starter and Marcel’s Favorites (as selected by the staff). Many items are made by Chicago area and regional purveyors. “We also can create custom-designed gift baskets or boxes, based on a customer’s preferred theme and budget, and we can even include a bottle of wine,” says Foucré. She encourages individuals and corporate event planners looking to create fun, food-oriented holiday parties, private group classes and other special events to contact her soon, especially if they have a specific date in mind. “Weekends are booking up quickly, as is the entire month of December,” she says. Since its September 2011 opening, Marcel’s has been the site of an increasing number of private events, including birthday and anniversary parties, baby and bridal showers, club meetings, corporate team-building outings, and company celebrations of all types. With its beautifully appointed, professional quality kitchen, skilled chefs, and wide choice of menus, Marcel’s lends itself to a variety of event themes and formats. Options range from cocktail parties to demonstration and participatory cooking classes for all skill levels (including kids and teens) to seated meals and everything in between. “Guests can create an unforgettable meal under the guidance of one of our professional chefs, or they can sit back, relax, savor a glass of wine and watch as our chef takes the reins on their culinary journey,” says Foucré. The Marcel’s staff works with each host to tailor the menu, beverages and guest participation levels according to the specific budget. Events typically range from 10 to 60 people, depending on format and events for smaller groups are available as well. In addition to food and beverages prepared and served at each event, guests receive copies of the featured recipes, a Marcel’s apron, and a 10% discount on all purchases made at Marcel’s that day. For more information about gift boxes or hosting a party or other event at Marcel’s Culinary Experience, stop by the store at 490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn, call 630-790-8500 or visit www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
When to trick-or-treat in the Northwest suburbs Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
In most Northwest suburbs kids are being asked to collect their Halloween loot within specific hours — to wear costumes easily seen by drivers and to visit only homes where the front lights are on. All trick or treat hours listed here are for Friday, Oct. 31.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music Oct 24, 2014 7:54 AM
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music
First suburban location of Barre Code Fitness Studio now open in Park Ridge Oct 24, 2014 6:58 PM
The Barre Code, Chicago’s hottest fitness craze, is expanding to the suburbs. The first suburban Barre Code Fitness Studio recently opened in northwest suburban Park Ridge (at 33½ Prospect Ave.), with a second suburban Chicago location scheduled to follow in 2015.
Pink squad car in Rosemont is all about breast cancer awareness Oct 24, 2014 5:30 PM
That pink squad car in Rosemont is in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and it's been all over town this month, said Chief Don Stephens III.
Suburban steakhouses offer more options than ever Oct 22, 2014 6:00 AM
While the recession hurt steakhouses, the pendulum appears to be swinging back toward fine dining. But whether upscale eateries are catering to business customers or couples out for a nice dinner out, today's steakhouses have to offer more than just a great cut of meat, experts say.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Giant bra at Rosemont mall creates stir, awareness of breast cancer Oct 17, 2014 5:30 AM
A giant pink bra is causing quite the stir at the Fashion Outlets of Chicago in Rosemont - all for a good cause. You may have seen people in the mall’s food court this week snapping selfies with Advocate Health Care’s Support Bra: “a symbol for women to join the conversation about their breast health – from the importance of prevention and early detection to encouraging them to make their yearly mammogram appointments."
Iggy Azalea, Fall Out Boy to play Allstate Oct 16, 2014 4:43 PM
Performers including Iggy Azalea, Rita Ora and Fall Out Boy will take to the stage for the 102.5 KISS-FM Jingle Ball 2014 at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, at the Allsate Arena in Rosemont. Tickets go on sale ot the public at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 18.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Rosemont plans 17 fireworks shows for 2015 Oct 15, 2014 1:01 AM
Rosemont will spend $232,400 next year on 17 fireworks displays at its entertainment district.
St Stephen Culinaires present the 2nd Dinner in the series; German Dinner Oct 15, 2014 8:07 AM
St Stephen Culinaires present the 2nd Dinner in the series; German Dinner
Wintrust Bank’s new Mayfair office now open Oct 15, 2014 6:24 PM
The Wintrust Bank-Mayfair building at 4343 N. Elston, Chicago, is officially complete and open for business. The new facility, located on the same lot as the original bank, was built with a permit through the City of Chicago’s Green Permit Program and is currently pursuing LEED Gold Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- A trip back in time
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: email@example.com (id:4389842) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.