Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Roosevelt University
West Dundee native leads dorm with goal of inclusionApr 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Bullied as a kid growing up in West Dundee, Brandon Rohlwing thought about suicide. Now he is the leader of the new alternative gender floor of his dorm at Roosevelt University and a spokesman for a worldwide suicide-prevention group.
Roosevelt U. offers childhood literacy series Jan 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Roosevelt University is starting a Saturday reading enrichment series in January at the Schaumburg campus to provide more opportunities for children in kindergarten through eighth grade to obtain the skills they need to excel in reading and writing.
EIU dispatches Roosevelt 89-67 Nov 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Alex Austin scored 16 points, Keenan Anderson had 13 and Eastern Illinois rolled to an 89-67 victory Saturday night over Roosevelt.
Glenbard East grad star of Roosevelt University ad campaign Sep 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Roosevelt University has launched a new ad campaign encouraging prospective students to follow their dreams, and Glendale Heights finance major Victoria Pena is one of its stars. Pena's ad in the “This Way Up” campaign portrays her in cap and gown at a graduation ceremony, under the tag line “Give the Status Quo a Status Update.”
Dual-degrees offered for Roosevelt pharmacy students Aug 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Students at Roosevelt Universityís College of Pharmacy in Schaumburg who are studying for the three-year Doctor of Pharmacy degree will have an opportunity beginning in the fall to simultaneously earn a Masterís Degree in Public Health from Elmhurst College.
Arlington Heights native pursues degree in Roosevelt program Aug 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Kaite Engelhardt knew she wanted to sing, dance and act from the time she was 10 years old. Now the 20-year-old Arlington Heights native is taking a giant step toward making her dream a reality as a member of the inaugural class of a new musical theater program that emphasizes dance. “I’ve always wanted to be a performer and it is exciting for me to be a part of this new program that I believe will provide opportunities and open doors for me in performing arts in Chicago and beyond,” Engelhardt said.
Overdose rally in Schaumburg calls for actionAug 24, 2013 12:00 AM
Patty Lynn's son has been clean almost six months, but the Villa Park woman is familiar with the always-looming threat of relapse. She attended a training class for the overdose drug Naxalone at Saturday's rally in Schaumburg to kick off International Overdose Awareness week. “I've known about it, but didn't know it was available to me,” Lynn said. “I can't explain what it means to have it. I'm just thankful. I don't want to find my son dead.”
Sponsors sign on for Roosevelt golf outing Jul 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Two major sponsors have signed up for Roosevelt Universityís 20th Annual Scholarship Golf Outing, which will be held Monday, Aug. 12 at the Schaumburg Golf Club & Academy. Proceeds from the outing will be used to support scholarships for deserving students at Rooseveltís Schaumburg campus.
Relieving back-to-school stress Jul 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Fingernail biting, sweaty palms and an elevated heart rate? It must be time to return to school, a ritual that can stress out even the coolest students and their parents. Virtually any task can set this stress-o-meter soaring: shopping for clothing and school supplies, making changes to bedtime hours, even worrying about new teachers, new classes and new friends.
Suburban ‘inspired madman’ marches to beat of his own drum May 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Nobody suspected that Cary native Paul Wertico would grow up to become an international musician who would tour with the Pat Metheny Group from 1983 to 2001, win a kazillion music awards and become an assistant professor of jazz at the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University. Not bad for a guy who had to teach himself to play the drums and never earned a college degree.
COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degreeMay 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Nine students will walk across the stage Sunday at Lewis University's commencement ceremony to receive bachelor's degrees in criminal justice. Yet, these students never took classes at the school's campus in Romeoville. Through a so-called 3+1 program partnership between Lewis and College of DuPage, the students earned their four-year degrees from Lewis by taking all their classes at COD's campus in Glen Ellyn.
Rooseveltís Schaumburg garden a model of innovation, sustainability May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
A community garden at Roosevelt University in Schaumburg is becoming a model and a city-suburban crossroad this growing season for regional environmental sustainability. "As an institution we're saying that it's not OK anymore to simply consume resources," said Paul Matthews, assistant vice president for campus planning and operations at Roosevelt, and the person in charge of green initiatives. "We've got to rebuild and reuse everything we can."
Roosevelt University wins Green Innovation Award Apr 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Roosevelt University is a winner of a prestigious 2013 Emerald Award, given annually by the Illinois chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council in recognition of those individuals, organizations and project judged to best advance sustainability across the state.
Roosevelt U. Schaumburg provost named executive director Mar 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Douglas Knerr, provost of Roosevelt University's Schaumburg Campus since January 2011, has been appointed executive director and university provost of Roosevelt University, effective May 4. He succeeds James Gandre, who was appointed president of the Manhattan School of Music in New York City.
New Harper, Roosevelt partnership allows for student research Feb 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Harper College has partnered with Roosevelt University to create an academic and research partnership that lets students earn a Harper associate degree in psychology and then seamlessly transfer to Roosevelt to earn a bachelorís or masterís degree.
Panel talks politics with Daily Herald subscribers Oct 17, 2012 12:00 AM
A panel of political experts weighed in on topics ranging from media biases to why the suburbs are a major political battleground during a presentation Wednesday night at Roosevelt University in Schaumburg. The 2-hour event also featured a lot of storytelling, as panelists shared entertaining tales of their memorable moments and favorite interviews. The panel discussion was one in a series of Daily Herald Subscriber Total Access events which puts subscribers face-to-face with the columnists, writers, photographers and newsmakers they read about every day.
ECC partners with Roosevelt to simplify student transfers Sep 17, 2012 12:00 AM
Elgin Community College has entered a partnership with Roosevelt University that will make it easier for students to transfer to the four-year institution.
Roosevelt University wins Conservation at Work award Sep 5, 2012 12:00 AM
Roosevelt University's Schaumburg campus has received an inaugural Conservation at Work Award from the region's Conservation Foundation, which is considered to be a model for environmental excellence in the workplace.
Families and friends light candles for overdose victims Aug 30, 2012 12:00 AM
It was an event that, as a reporter, you would wish there was not one story to tell. Because it would mean there would be no life lost and no battle still to be fought. But on Thursday night, hundreds came to a candlelight vigil on the Schaumburg campus of Roosevelt University to raise awareness about the danger of drug overdose. And everyone — parents, brothers, sisters, relatives and friends — had a story to tell.
17 groups unite for anti-drug vigil in SchaumburgAug 30, 2012 12:00 AM
They've each held small events around the suburbs for the past few years, but tonight, 17 suburban groups will unite for a candlelight vigil in Schaumburg to memorialize those who have died of drug overdoses and to advocate for lifesaving solutions. “I don't know if we can reach people, but I have to try. As a mother who lost a child, I just don't want his death to be in vain,” said Terri Dudar of Carpentersville.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES - FMS INVESTMENT CORPORTION Mark your calendars! FMS Investment Corporation (FMS), a subsidiary of CEANNATE Corp. is expanding its operations to 1100 West Lake Cook Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089. With over 31,000 square feet, our Private Services Division is growing and looking to fill 250+ full time positions (entry level and management) in our new state of the art contact center. This is an opportunity to service the leading clients in the Student Loan Receivables industry. If you are looking for a exciting career opportunity and the potential to earn an unlimited income, APPLY NOW and come with your updated resume to our open house from Tuesday, April 8th through Thursday, April 10th between 8am-5pm. Applicants must have at least 2 years of customer service, collections, sales & marketing, or financial services experience and an Associate's Degree or higher. Applicants without an Associate's Degree may substitute relevant work experience. FMS offers competitive starting wages, benefits and an uncapped monthly incentive plan. Training classes are now beginning to form for April and May. For any questions contact us at 888-853-8148 OR apply online at www.ceannate.com/careers CEANNATE Corp. and its subsidiaries are an EOE (id:4370034) DENTAL ASSISTANT - Dental assist for Peds office in Palatine. Mon, Wed, Thur 8-5, every other Sat 8-12. Exp preferred (847)991-4663 (id:4370398) AUTOMOTIVE STORE MANAGERS/SERVICE WRITE - Cassidy Tire and Service seeks store managers and mechanics. Managers run stores selling tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, wheel alignment service. Candidates should have a minimum of two years of big box retail experience. Mechanics perform oil changes, tires, batteries, suspension, front end work. All candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. (id:4369757)
- POLICE - Police Officer Testing Hampshire, IL Applications on-line at: Jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com Application Deadline: 05/01/2014 Testing Date: 05/17/2014 847-310-2677 (id:4368388) ILLINOIS WING ADMINISTRATOR - Works full-time independently to provide administrative and program support to the Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander. Maintains financial and personnel records to ensure Wing compliance with Headquarters' and government requirements. For qualifications and to apply, visit our website at www.gocivilairpatrol.com to complete and submit our required online employment application. This position does not offer a relocation package. In this position Civil Air Patrol offers a full benefit package. Salary: $36,491. Closing date: 13 April 2014. No phone calls please. EOE (id:4369829) MACHINE OPERATOR - MACHINE OPERATOR Steel Co in Addison has immed opening for exp CNC/Plasma Burning Machine & Waterjet Ops. or CNC exp. Use of measuring devices needed. Hiring day and night shifts, good pay & benefits. Call #630-627-2900, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply at 145 N. Swift Rd. Addison (id:4370645)
- DRIVERS - Petro Chemical Transport, a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group, is now seeking Class A CDL Drivers out of Bensenville, IL. Come join our great family of drivers and be home daily! Company Drivers -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay -Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, & Vision plans -Paid vacations & holidays -401K with company match -Paid training on safe driving & product handling -Newer and well-maintained equipment -Driver referral incentive pay -And so much more! Owner-Operators -Local, home daily positions -Competitive pay-Mileage or Percentage Contracts -Health Insurance plans available -100% of Billable Pump or Compressor Charge paid to Owner- Operator -Paid weekly -Driver referral incentive pay Independent contractors referring their own lease drivers are not eligible for referral payments -And so much more! We require Class A CDL, 2 years recent, verifiable tractor-trailer experience, Tank & Hazmat endorsements (or ability to obtain) and a safe driving record. We hope your driving career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your driving career, consider professional driving that fits your life with Petro Chemical Transport. 800-871-4581 -TheKag.com Kenan Advantage Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4369090) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse : : :Lots of Jobs! 12 Hour Day & Night Shifts Must have General Labor exp in a Warehouse. Up to $8.60/hr Hanover Park 630-620-9800 (id:4370012) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. email@example.com. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.