Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Rongey, Chris
Rongey: Konerko send off was picture perfect Sep 29, 2014 4:55 PM
While it was a difficult year for the White Sox, Chris Rongey says the Paul Konerko ceremony on Saturday and the last goodbye on Sunday were memorable performances all the way around.
Rongey: Never fun to see baseball season end Sep 22, 2014 1:07 PM
For a team like the White Sox that will miss the postseason for the sixth straight year, Chris Rongey says he understands why some fans welcome a merciful end to the season. He doesn't feel the same way, though.
Rongey: White Sox’ future looking bright Sep 15, 2014 10:24 PM
Chris Rongey says there are positives to take away from an otherwise underwhelming White Sox season, and not just the fact that the team will finish with, at minimum, a moderate improvement from a miserable 2013.
Rongey: Don’t forget this special time for baseball Sep 7, 2014 8:46 PM
I love this time of year, and I enjoy that for three hours, once a week, just about everyone in the city wants the same thing for the same team. There’s a great deal of community in that from a town that spends the summer divided against itself. But as entertaining as the next months will be, September always carries with it a little bit of sadness, for me anyway. It’s terrible timing that the country’s most popular sport gets underway at the same time some of the year’s best baseball gets played. I love playoff baseball, and often the races leading up to the postseason are just as thrilling. Take this season: Both the American League Central and National League West races are far from decided, three teams have a legitimate claim at the AL wild card, and the NL wild card is even more unclear with four teams in hot pursuit. Like many others, the end of this baseball season is going to be a fun one, even if the White Sox aren’t a part of it.
Rongey: Auditions for next season on tap after Sox deals Aug 31, 2014 7:34 PM
In the short term, both the Alejandro De Aza and Adam Dunn trades likely will help a couple of playoff teams that needed it. It’s the long-term effect on the White Sox that’s more of an uncertainty, writes Chris Rongey.
Rongey: Bad month aside, White Sox on right track Aug 24, 2014 11:29 PM
Despite a rough August, Chris Rongey says the White Sox are still on the right path.
Rongey: Common sense must prevail in new rule Aug 17, 2014 10:44 PM
Home-plate collisions don’t make baseball better. Losing Buster Posey for a year as the result of a single, pointless moment does not make baseball better. However, something is getting lost in those plays because of the new rule this season.
Quietly, Gillaspie making some noise for Sox Aug 10, 2014 7:18 PM
In a season in which 27-year-old Cuban rookie Jose Abreu has dominated, Conor Gillaspie has put together a quiet but nice season. Chris Rongey shares his perspective in this White Sox Insider report.
Just how do the White Sox fix their deficiencies? Aug 4, 2014 5:30 AM
With the team four games under .500 and with almost two months to play, the White Sox' deficiencies are clear. Going about making corrections are a bit more complicated, though, unless they wait until the winter.
White Sox second to none at first base Jul 29, 2014 12:31 AM
Historically, the White Sox have been known as a franchise successful at throwing the baseball. You won’t find many years over the last decade or so that would be considered thin pitching seasons. Usually, the Sox have excelled in that area. In fact, since 2003, no team in baseball has made more quality starts than they have. They’re good for 1,029 of them over that time. It’s rare that we go into a season with great concern over the pitching staff. More often than not, it’s a point of comfort.
Some help for questions that need answers Jul 20, 2014 10:26 PM
Here are a couple of questions White Sox fans wish they had the answers for right now. Instead, the uncertainty is causing acid reflux because of the anxiety. Chris Rongey will try to help.
Bullpen hardly Sox’ biggest concern Jul 16, 2014 8:47 PM
The bullpen has been an issue, but it’s not the biggest problem facing the White Sox, says Sox Insider Chris Rongey.
Abreu, Ramirez both deserving of star status Jul 6, 2014 7:27 PM
Unless you’ve been marooned on an island for the last three months, you’ve heard about White Sox rookie Jose Abreu. And unless you’ve just returned from a walkabout in the Australian Outback, you know that Abreu has played the first half like an all star. But if any of those apply, you returned home just in time to find out that Abreu has been rewarded with an All Star Game appearance in his first season in the big leagues. If you’re one of these people, let me just tell you that his selection is absolutely deserving.
Pattern says White Sox a .500 team Jun 29, 2014 10:47 PM
Barely past the midpoint of the season, the White Sox have displayed again just how quickly things can change, as White Sox Insider Chris Rongey explains in this week's column.
How a father’s love fueled a child’s baseball dreams Jun 15, 2014 6:33 PM
While ballpark were filled Sunday with Father’s Day crowds, White Sox Insider Chris Rongey took time to look back on the man who let him chase his baseball dreams as a young child growing up in St. Louis: his dad.
Can this White Sox team make a long run? Jun 8, 2014 5:48 PM
If there’s anything this season has been so far for the White Sox, it’s consistent. Consistent in the sense that it fluctuates at such a rapid pace, it seems like nothing changes. And it leaves them hovering around .500, as Chris Rongey explains in this week's Sox Insider column.
Why do pitchers keep getting injured? May 19, 2014 5:30 AM
At some point this week, the White Sox will celebrate the return of Chris Sale to a pitching rotation that desperately needs him. Although some of the work turned out by the starting staff has been strong, the results have been mostly inconsistent — especially since Sale left for the disabled list last month. As has been broadly discussed this season, the Sox aren’t the only team with the same problem. All you have to do is take a look around Major League Baseball and you’ll find some of the best pitchers and players on the DL and missing significant time — many in their low-to-mid 20s.
White Sox’ issues not insurmountable May 11, 2014 10:29 PM
The White Sox have improvements to make, and they're not unreasonable. It’s far too early to start talking trades, but we can examine a few of the White Sox’ needs at this point — and they’re not necessarily about the acquisition of new personnel.
White Sox on the wrong end of another weird replay Apr 20, 2014 8:36 PM
If you watched the sixth inning of Sunday’s White Sox game, you saw one of the most perplexing calls in quite some time. Chris Rongey, our White Sox insider, is still baffled by it, but he also has a few thoughts about what MLB should do to improve the situation.
Hard to recall a White Sox team starting like this Apr 14, 2014 7:35 PM
This brand of White Sox baseball is something fans haven’t seen in quite some time. While the timely hitting is hard to believe, so are the struggles by the pitching staff, says Chris Rongey.
- Glenbard East cruises past Addison Trail
- DVD previews: 'The Imitation Game,' 'Interstellar,' 'Wild'
- Closed session and executive session are the same
- Pension crisis is not real
- Burlington Central's Ege ready for Top Times
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Singapore bids farewell to Lee Kuan Yew in elaborate funeral
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Pension crisis is not real
- DuPage, Kane residents among state's healthiest
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Fraud raises question of whether Apple Pay is secure
- Chicago funeral home to be turned into apartments
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- HUNTLEY FIREFIGHTER - is accepting applications for FIREFIGHTERS Application Deadline: 4pm. on 4-27-15 Application Fee: $30 Entry-Level and Subjective Written Exam: 9am, 5-16-15, Huntley HS Contact: IOS Recruitment Recruitment.iosolutions.org 800-343-HIRE firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402403) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Lead Webmethods Developer eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Lead Webmethods Developer. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Dsgn, build, or mntn web sites, usng authrng or scriptng lnguges, contnt creatn tools, mngmnt tools, & digital media. Cnfr w/ mngmnt or dvlpmnt teams to prioritize needs, reslve conflcts, dvlp contnt criteria, chooz solutns. Mxmz site up-time by mngng operatns; reslvng outages. Req exp w/ Webmethods, WebSphere, JMS, EnterpriseOne adapter, & Oracle. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI33; EOE (id:4401634)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019)
- ASSOC TECHNIAL DIRECTOR - Assoc Technical Director Assoc Technical Director: Oversee build, deployment & release processes, administer & manage a multi tiered distributed internet hosting infrastructure, resp for maintaining agile app support & development tools, & automation. Duties: collaborate w/cross-functional teams to implement maintenance changes & functional enhancements; provide leadership on implementation of configuration files, build & deployment templates; serve as the tech expert for DEV, QA, Staging & Production environments & execute multi branded releases; monitor system & app health; resp for on-call escalation for ops & app issues; monitor & ensure consistency of build; document How-To knowledge repository & friction points, common implementation problems & develop tech recommendations; provide tech support, assistance & guidance to Project Mgrs & Team Leads; administer & own build & deployment systems & processes; evaluate new tools & tech-nologies, presenting business case recommendations to agency & client mgmt; promote build & release process efficiency through automation using processes, existing tools & enhancements. Chicago loop location. Req's B.S. in Comp Sci & 5 yrs of post-degree, progressive exp as Project Lead. Exp must incl: a) Websphere Application Server, Tomcat, JBoss; Solution architect on Enterprise middleware technologies; b) performance mgmt tools (jProfiler, jProbe); c) systems & app monitoring software (HP OpenView, Nagios); d) Perl & Shell scripting; e) Internet/e-Com app development; f) Java build tools (ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins); g) designing, installing & managing multi-tiered distributed hosting infrastructure, both Virtual (VMware, Citrix XenServer) & Cloud based (Rackspace, Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus); & h) change mgmt systems & version control tools (JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase). Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4402713) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.