Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Rolling Meadows High School
Softball: Scouting NorthwestMar 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Here's a look at the high school softball season ahead from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyde, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Baseball: Scouting NorthwestMar 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Here's a look at the high school baseball season ahead from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyde, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Rolling Meadows girls basketball honored by Arlington HeightsMar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
The Rolling Meadows girls basketball team was recognized Monday night by the village of Arlington Heights for its second-place finish in the state championship earlier this month. “Even though the lady Mustangs came one victory shy, we still think of them as title winner in the village of Arlington Heights,” said Mayor Tom Hayes as the team members were recognized.
Boys gymnastics: Scouting NorthwestMar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
Here's a look at the boys gymnastics season ahead, from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League.
17-year-olds eager to vote TuesdayMar 16, 2014 12:00 AM
While many people will skip going to the polls on Tuesday, 17-year-olds like Jennie Matz will be thrilled to show up. “I’m going with my mom so I actually know what to do but I’m excited to vote,” said Matz, a senior at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire. Matz is just one of many new voters this year who can participate in the voting process because of the Suffrage at 17 law.
Wheeling High School Jazz Band named Grand Champion at festivalMar 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Jazz enthusiasts from throughout the Midwest enjoyed the Rolling Meadows High School Music Boosters’ 29th annual Jazz in the Meadows jazz festival held recently at the school.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the weekMar 11, 2014 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring boys and girls basketball.
Rolling Meadows honors runner-up girls basketball teamMar 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Rolling Meadows' girls basketball team presented its state runner-up trophy to school administrators on Monday for placement in the trophy case as part of an assembly to honor the team's second straight appearance in the Class 4A state championship game.
Second-place repeat for Rolling MeadowsMar 8, 2014 12:00 AM
There are nights when, no matter how hard you try, the other team is just better. Saturday was one of the those nights for the Rolling Meadows girls basketball team. Not many teams can claim to be quicker and more athletic than the Mustangs, but Whitney Young was, handing Rolling Meadows a 60-44 loss in the Class 4A state championship game at Redbird Arena. It's the second-straight runner-up finish for the Mustangs.
Piekarski, Barson, Williams share MSL swimming honorsMar 8, 2014 12:00 AM
The Mid-Suburban League’s swimmers of the year have been announced — and two of them will have another crack at the same award next year. Rolling Meadows junior Jake Barson and Elk Grove junior Colin Williams were named as co-representatives for the Mid-Suburban East, while Barrington senior Sebastian Piekarski was chosen in the Mid-Suburban West.
Images:Class 4A State Championship Girls BasketballMar 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Images of the IHSA Class 4A girls basketball title game at Redbird Arena on the campus of Illinois State University in Normal on Saturday.
Title game appearance puts Meadows in an MSL class of its ownMar 8, 2014 12:00 AM
Rolling Meadows’ seniors capped one of the area’s most improbable turnarounds on Saturday night at Illinois State’s Redbird Arena. Despite their 60-44 loss to Whitney Young in the Class 4A championship game, the Mustangs became the first Mid-Suburban League girls basketball program to play in two state title games, not to mention back-to-back.
Rolling Meadows eager for Young rematchMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Rolling Meadows will not be getting a rematch of last year's Class 4A girls basketball championship game when it fell by 1 point in the final second to Marian Catholic. Instead, the Mustangs will have a rematch of their Dec. 7 nonconference game against Whitney Young. The No. 1 Dolphins defeated No. 2 Marian Catholic 60-20 in Friday's second state semifinal on Friday night at Illinois State's Redbird Arena to set up Saturday's second meeting with much more at stake.
Rolling Meadows edges Geneva, returns to title gameMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
There was no masking the resolve with which the Rolling Meadows girls basketball team played with Friday. Especially senior Alexis Glasgow. Playing for the first time with a custom made mask protecting her nose, which she broke in the second quarter of Monday's supersectional win, Glasgow scored a game-high 18 points and hit 7 of 8 free throws in the fourth quarter as the Mustangs downed Geneva, 51-43, in a Class 4A state semifinal at Redbird Arena.
Images: Rolling Meadows vs. Geneva 4A State Semifinal Girls BasketballMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Images of the IHSA Class 4A girls basketball semifinal game between Rolling Meadows and Geneva at Redbird Arena on the campus of Illinois State University in Normal on Friday. Rolling Meadows won 51-43.
Girls basketball: All-area team, NorthwestMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest all-area girls basketball team.
Well-rounded Meadows players measure upMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
While they have proved to be one of the top girls basketball teams in the state, Rolling Meadows also has to be one of the top teams in the classroom. The Mustangs sported a 4.59 GPA average (5.0 scale) and 4.98 weighted average for the first semester this school year. The eight seniors on the team take a combined 60 advanced placement courses. Not to mention, the eight seniors are playing a combined 19 sports.
Boys basketball: All-area team, NorthwestMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Introducing the Northwest boys basketball all-area team.
Rolling Meadows repeats downstate marchMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
For the fifth time since 2008, the Mid-Suburban League East will be represented in the final four of the Class 4A girls basketball state finals at Illinois State’s Redbird Arena. Rolling Meadows, led by second-year coach Ryan Kirkorsky, has become the first MSL team in 38 years to make repeat visits to the semifinals of the tourney which began in 1977. The Mustangs (28-4) face Geneva (26-5) in Friday’s 6:30 p.m. semifinal followed by Marian Catholic vs. Whitney Young in the second semifinal.
Images: Daily Herald All-Area Basketball Honorary Team CaptainsMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
Images of the Daily Herald All-Area basketball honorary team captains for 2014.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST - Financial Sr. Financial Analyst -Charge Master Full-time, Days This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; Master's degree preferred. Requires a minimum five to seven years of health care experience and knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, reimbursement programs, hospital coding, provider billing, and revenue analysis. Apply online at: www.rockfordhealthsystem.org EOE (id:4369976) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE - Moore Landscapes, Inc La compania de Moore Landscapes localisada en Northbrook il esta solicitando trabajadores para los suburbios de Chicago. De preferencia que tengan experiencia. Por fabor llamar a Simon Garcia al (847)774-0753. (id:4368882)
- SR TECH ANALYST - Computer Sr Tech Analyst: Provide on-going tech analysis/development in of enterprise storage mgmt & reporting. Resp for admin & maintenance of storage infrastructure & serve as migration, deployment & admin expert. Provide tech expertise for data center migration/consolidation projects. Chicago, IL loc. Req's MS in Comp Eng'r'g & 2 yrs exp as Systems Analyst. Exp must incl: a) admin & maintenance of storage infrastructure, b) data center migration/consolidation, c) V-Max to V-Max long distance replication for data migration; d) install/ config of ECC 6.1 w/Performance Mgr & Storage scope components; e) config of Cisco 9124e switches, & f) install/ config of Cisco Fabric Mgr. Send resume to: Lion Re:Sources, Inc., 35 W. Wack-er Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601, Attn: J. Capp. Ref # 202MH. (id:4370015) COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICERS - Part-time Community Service Officers Village of Lombard The Village of Lombard has three positions available for Part-time Community Service Officers assigned to the Police Department. The Community Service Officers perform a variety of routine and complex tasks relating to the interpretation of adopted codes, rules and regulations to achieve compliance and mitigate problems. The successful candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent with up to one year of experience communicating with the general public, preferably in a law enforcement environment; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this job. Job requires CPR certification and the possession of a valid Illinois driver's license. Starting hourly rate is $18.73. This position will work an average of 29 hours a week. The hours will vary; weekends between 7 a.m. -10 p.m. There may be one weekday also added. Please submit a completed application and resume by Friday, April 11, 2014 to: Village of Lombard 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148 fax: (630) 620-8222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (id:4368816) EDUCATION - Education Harper College Summer Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Summer 2014 Adjunct Faculty positions: Credit Classes: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu harpercollege.edu Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Exploring Learning Illuminating Academic ESL Adult Education/Literacy ESL Astronomy Certified Nursing Assistant Chemistry Engineering General Biology German Human Anatomy Human Physiology Mathematics Philosophy Physical Science Physics Spanish (id:4369579)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.