Articles filed under Richmond-Burton Community High School
Burlington Central outright BN-East champ Feb 22, 2013 12:00 AM
Burlington Central threw a block party to start its celebration of an outright Big Northern Conference East Division boys basketball title Friday night at Richmond-Burton. Six-foot-9 junior Duncan Ozburn and 6-5 seniors Moter Deng and Dan McCurdy made it clear there would be no easy strolls down the lane to the basket by combining for 6 first-quarter blocks. And when Central wasn't swatting shots it was significantly increasing the degree of scoring difficulty for defending BNC East champion R-B. Sharing the ball offensively and one of the primary defensive responsibilities also played into the visiting Rockets' objective to make sure they didn't share the championship. As a result, they were posing for pictures at Lou Ramirez Gymnasium after a 60-42 victory extended their winning streak to seven games and capped a recovery from an 0-7 start to the season.
Images: IHSA state wrestling championships in Champaign Feb 16, 2013 12:00 AM
A gallery of images from the IHSA state championship and third-place wrestling matches Friday in Champaign.
Burlington Central a step closer to conference title Feb 8, 2013 12:00 AM
Rebounds of the physical and mental varieties themed Burlington Centralís 69-65 victory over Richmond-Burton in a key Big Northern East boys basketball matchup on Rocket Hill Friday. In a game between rivals with 1 division loss apiece, Burlington Centralís taller Rockets outrebounded R-Bís Rockets 37-26. From a mental standpoint Central summoned the fortitude to bounce back from the shock of seeing its 16-point, third-quarter lead transformed to a 4-point deficit with under three minutes to play. After Richmond-Burton used a 27-7 run to take a 61-57 lead, Central coach Brett Porto called a timeout and challenged his players.
Burlington Central nails down conference title Jan 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Burlington Central girls basketball coach Mark Smith took his team to see DePaul's women, the team Smith's daughter Kelsey plays for, take on Providence last weekend as a team bonder for the Rockets. "They just let it fly," said Smith of Doug Bruno's Blue Demons. "Our girls were like, hey coach ...' So we decided if they've got an open shot, let them take it." Rocket freshman Shelby Holt had a bunch of open shots in Saturday's first quarter at Richmond-Burton. She took them. And made them. Holt, who was sick and did not play against Richmond in BC's 22-point win Dec. 18, hit an uncanny five 3-pointers in the first quarter on 7 attempts, on her way to six 3s for the day and a game-high 21 points as BC took down Richmond 56-34 to claim the outright championship of the Big Northern East, Central's first conference title since 2006-07. It's also the first conference crown for Smith, the veteran coach who is in his first year at Central.
R-B constructs victory over Round Lake Jan 4, 2013 12:00 AM
They are building at Richmond-Burton. A brand new gym, that is. There's a gigantic addition being built to the school's old gym that is near completion. It will provide the Rockets with a state-of-the-art fieldhouse with plenty of seating for games as well as extra practice courts. Construction is due to be complete next month. The boys basketball team is hoping that it's on the verge of building something as well. It's been a rough start to the season for the young Rockets, who entered Friday's nonconference battle against visiting Round Lake with just one win in 13 games. But thanks to a decisive 63-45 victory over the Panthers in the old gym, which was separated from the new gym by a floor-to-ceiling white curtain, Richmond-Burton finally has something positive to build on.
Big second half carries Burlington Central Dec 18, 2012 12:00 AM
With freshman scoring leader Shelby Holt out sick, the Burlington Central girls basketball team knew it would have to step up its game Tuesday night when the Rockets hosted Richmond-Burton in a battle of Big Northern East unbeatens. Central did just that, especially in the second half when it outscored the visiting Rockets 30-12 to roll to a 52-30 victory. The win was Burlington Central's first over Richmond in the last six meetings between the two, dating back to Jan. 28, 2010. And, it put BC in the driver's seat, for the moment at least, in the BN-East as Central vies for its first conference title since 2006-07.
Thomas, Wauconda shoot down R-B Nov 23, 2012 12:00 AM
Kodey Thomas can thank his father, Vann, for his cool first name. "My dad saved me," Wauconda's 6-foot-3 senior forward said. "My mom (Laura) wanted to name me Edgar. ... I'm not a big fan (of the name Edgar)." On Friday night at Richmond-Burton, Wauconda could thank Kodey Thomas for his fourth-quarter cool. His 3-point play with 2:36 left was critical for the Bulldogs, who were in jeopardy of suffering a third straight tough loss. But when Richmond-Burton's Brian Wells couldn't get a tough 3-pointer from the right corner to go down, while he was being double-teamed, Wauconda had escaped with a 53-50 win in third-round action of the Johnsburg/Richmond-Burton tournament.
Taskovicís up to the task for Grayslake North Nov 21, 2012 12:00 AM
Grayslake North junior guard Matt Taskovic earned the nickname "money" because of his free-throw shooting success. Taskovic gave his team a holiday bonus in Wednesday night's second round of pool play in the Richmond-Burton and Johnsburg Thanksgiving Tournament. Taskovic calmly deposited both ends of a 1-and-1 situation in a tie game with 30.5 seconds to help the Knights escape with a 50-48 victory over the host Rockets at Lou Ramirez Gym in Richmond. "Confident, because I do it at my house all the time," Taskovic said of his emotions after R-B tried to ice him with a timeout. "I always practice one to tie and two to win in that situation. But I was still nervous a little bit."
Images: Class 3A state girls volleyball championship Nov 10, 2012 12:00 AM
The Class 3A state volleyball championship was held Saturday, Nov. 10 in Redbird Arena at Illinois State University. St. Francis defeated Richmond-Burton in two games to win the championship.
Kaneland canít handle Frantti, Richmond-Burton Oct 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Kanelandís reward for winning its first regional since 1991: a matchup with Ali Frantti and Richmond-Burton. The Knights couldnít figure out how to stop Frantti as the Rockets ended Kanelandís season, 25-7, 25-18, in the semifinals of the Class 3A Marian Central sectional.
Aigner, Lakes valiant to the end Oct 25, 2012 12:00 AM
Pain was a constant companion for Emily Aigner this season. And ending her high school volleyball career, along with six other senior teammates, clearly hurt Thursday night when second-seeded Lakes (22-12) fell 25-8, 25-12 to top-seeded Richmond-Burton (33-4) in the Harvard Class 3A regional championship match. But it would have been much more agonizing for Aigner not to play the entire season with a torn right labrum that will require surgery.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Oct 16, 2012 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from soccer, golf, football, tennis and volleyball.
Richmond denies Burlington piece of BN-East Oct 11, 2012 12:00 AM
Ali Frantti wore No. 17 instead of the No. 5 listed on the roster. If she was trying to stay inconspicuous, she failed miserably. In fact, Richmond-Burtonís all-everything outside hitter seemed to be everywhere Thursday night, leading R-B past Burlington Central, 25-19, 25-18, in Big Northern East action in Burlington, denying the host Rockets a share of the BN-East championship.
Big Northern East title all Burlington Centralís Oct 9, 2012 12:00 AM
The scenario Tuesday evening was simple for the Burlington Central boys soccer team: Win and the Big Northern East championship lands on Rocket Hill. Central allowed a goal less than 2 minutes into the match, but answered 10 minutes later with 2 goals in a 3-minute span. The Rockets added 2 more goals in the second half to defeat Richmond-Burton, 4-1, to capture its fifth conference title and first since 2010.
Burlington Central canít stop Richmond Oct 6, 2012 12:00 AM
It was no secret what the Richmond-Burton offense was going to run. Burlington Central just couldn't stop it. R-B ran plenty of jet sweeps, counters and inside handoffs, plays that had been scouted and prepared for in practice by Central coach Rich Crabel and his staff. However, Crabel's Rockets were unable to match the physicality of the three-time defending league champions in a 28-0 defeat on brisk Rocket Hill Friday night.
Big Northern East still goes through Richmond Aug 23, 2012 12:00 AM
When is a question more like an answer? When the question pertains to Richmond-Burton's ability to reload and still challenge for the Big Northern Conference's East Division title. Entering last season it seemed as though the Rockets' run of back-to-back division titles was in jeopardy. They opened the campaign with new players at 17 of 22 positions following an 11-1 finish in 2010. They were vulnerable, right?
Gandy, Grayslake North roll past Richmond-Burton May 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Grayslake North was well prepared for its Class 3A softball sectional semifinal game Wednesday afternoon against Richmond-Burton at Lakes. The Knights built a 4-0 lead after three innings and were never seriously threatened as they rolled to a 6-1 victory over the Rockets to advance to the championship game Saturday at 11 a.m. against the winner of Thursday's Prairie Ridge-Chicago Northside contest. Senior pitcher Kristina Gandy was the player of the game for Grayslake North (25-8-1). She fired a 5-hitter with 11 strikeouts and only 1 walk to help carry the Knights to the solid victory over Richmond-Burton (15-17).
Richmondís experience too much for St. Edward May 19, 2012 12:00 AM
The young St. Edward baseball team was overwhelmed by a group of playoff veterans in Richmond Saturday. Host and top seed Richmond-Burton, which advanced last season to a Class 3A sectional final, erupted for 7 runs on 5 hits in the second inning and cruised to an 8-0 victory in a Class 2A regional title game behind the complete-gameout effort of junior Ryne Blanton.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week May 1, 2012 12:00 AM
The Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports pictures by Daily Herald photographers. This week's gallery features photos from baseball, softball, track, tennis and soccer.
Burlingtonís Hunnicutt breaks record in loss Feb 24, 2012 12:00 AM
Ray got the record, but Richmond-Burton took the title. Burlington Central senior guard Ray Hunnicutt scored on a driving layup with one second remaining to become his schoolís all-time leading scorer, but achieving the milestone was bittersweet in light of Richmond-Burtonís 46-40 victory on Senior Night on Rocket Hill.
- Stevenson teacher to officiate ex-students' wedding
- Route 14 in Barrington closed for hours after train hits semi
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- Blackhawks' dream season now a nightmare
- Waukegan man identified as victim in Zion shooting
- Barrington: Crash raises urgency for changes at CN crossing
- Palatine man killed when motorcycle hit fence
- Blackhawks' frustration builds
- Thursdays baseball scoreboard
- Maryland slaying suspect is son of Bush White House official
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 99 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Former Glenbard East student accused of shooting threat
- No verdict yet in Trump lawsuit
- House primed for vote on concealed carry
- Minor injuries for 17 Algonquin students in bounce house accident
- House OKs concealed-carry plan opposed by Quinn
- Rescued Lombard ducklings survive four-day sewer saga
- Blackhawks' frustration builds
- Poll Vault: Whats the best suburban festival?
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Did Lake Co. sheriff chief quit or get fired?
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - 4339072 - Now Hiring /Training School Bus Drivers Algonquin & Carpentersville, IL Location Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or Call: 847-532-6071 No experience necessary A competitive wage/benefit package Part-time morning and afternoon hours No nights or weekends required (id:4339072) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Asst for fast paced roofing co, must be well organized with exc. MS Word skills. Strg customer service background. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340332) EDUCATION - Education FACULTY, FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving institution. Morton College has four (4) Full-Time Tenure Track faculty positions available for Fall 2013. Physical Science Instructor: Must possess a Master's degree in geology, physical sciences, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in geology. Chemistry Instructor: Must possess a Master's degree in chemistry or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 or more graduate credit hours in chemistry. Spanish Instructor: Must be fluent in written and oral Spanish and possess a Master's degree in Spanish, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Spanish. Digital Arts: Must possess a Master's degree or Master of Fine Arts degree in Fine Art, Digital Art, or closely related field, in addition to possessing 18 graduate credit hours in Art or closely related field. All applicants need excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, as well as advanced computer literacy. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton. edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4339513)
- LIFEGUARDS CERTIFIED - Lifeguards, Certified for River Trails Condos in Prospect Hts. Contact Santiago 847-541-0757 or Kris 847-541-8464. Sal. $10-12/hr depends on exp. reimbursement if certified in 2013 (id:4339891) COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) OFFICE CLERK - Office Position available in Elgin auction gallery. Person needed for typing and miscellaneous office work. Must be able to work one weekend a month. Apply in person: Bunte Auction Services Inc. 755 Church Rd. Elgin, IL 60123 (847)-214-8423 (id:4339780)
- HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing INJECTION MOLD SET UP TECHNICIAN Lake Zurich mfg co. seeks a set up and operator for plastic injection molding machines. Other duties as required in the department. FT, 1st shift. Benefits included. Please Fax resume to 847-719-3203 (id:4340068) SHOP HELP - Manufacturing-Glendale Hts. Industrial Distributor seeks ambitious, fast learning individual for repairing and assembling equipment and general shop help. Mechanical ability and fluent English required. $9.50 starting. Full-time. Healthcare included. Profit Sharing. Send info to Jobs@A-LEQUIPMENT.com. (id:4340550)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com