Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Region
Rockford police investigating city’s 7th homicideMay 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Judge frees woman convicted in toddler’s deathApr 30, 2014 12:00 AM
A woman who’s spent nearly a decade in a prison for the death of a 14-month-old girl in Will County has been freed by a federal judge. Judge Matthew Kennelly wrote that Jennifer Del Prete's case was “exceptional and deserving of special treatment” because she has “substantial” evidence of innocence. He said it could take years for her to clear her name.
Man charged with entering home, raping 4-year-oldApr 10, 2014 12:00 AM
A suburban man is charged with raping a 4-year-old girl in a Calumet Park home while others were inside and smoking a cigarette afterward.
Cicero police looking for more victims in sex caseApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Cicero police say a youth minister is facing charges for sexually assaulting at least six children — and they believe more victims may come forward.
Autopsy expected on body found in state parkApr 8, 2014 12:00 AM
An autopsy is expected to be performed on the remains of a 40-year-old man whose body was found in a northern Illinois state park. The the body of Herscher resident Joel Brueggert was found Monday afternoon in Kankakee River State Park.
Police officer charged in 95-year-old man’s deathApr 2, 2014 12:00 AM
A South suburban police officer was charged Wednesday in the death of a 95-year-old World War II veteran who was shot repeatedly with a beanbag gun as officers attempted to take him into custody last year at an assisted living facility.
U.S. recognizes Michigan same-sex couple marriagesMar 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Attorney General Eric Holder on Friday extended federal recognition to the marriages of about 300 same-sex couples that took place in Michigan before a federal appeals court put those unions on hold. Holder’s action will enable the government to extend eligibility for federal benefits to the Michigan couples who married Saturday, which means they can file federal taxes jointly, get Social Security benefits for spouses and request legal immigration status for partners, among other benefits.
Medical examiner rules 2-year-old’s death homicideMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
An autopsy has determined a 2-year-old girl found dead in a South suburban home died from multiple blunt force injuries and child abuse.
Pipeline leak near Kankakee under investigationMar 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Limestone Township Fire Chief Mike Whalen says hazardous materials teams responded around midnight Friday to calls of a strong odor and discovered petroleum leaking into a ditch that leads to the Kankakee River.
High school teacher charged with sex assaultMar 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Bond was set at $250,000 for a Southwest suburban high school teacher accused of having a sexual encounter with a female student.
Daughter of ex-Obama pastor guilty in fraud schemeMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
A federal jury on Friday convicted the daughter of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright of money laundering and making false statements in connection with the alleged misuse of a grant from the state of Illinois.
Cicero man accused of making false bomb threatMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
The Cook County sheriff’s office says that 34-year-old Carlos Davila of Cicero is suspected of phoning in a bogus bomb threat against the Maywood courthouse.
Bill for sickened students will top $70,000Mar 5, 2014 12:00 AM
Medical bills for more than 60 students sickened by an odor from a northern Illinois landfill will cost Waste Management more than $70,000.
U. of Illinois may unify health institutionsFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Next week University of Illinois trustees will consider a proposal to unify the school’s hospital, clinics and health-related academic efforts under one umbrella.
Illinois gets federal grant for storm cleanupFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Illinois is getting a federal emergency grant to help pay for cleanup and recovery from last spring’s severe storms. The U.S. Department of Labor said Monday that a $647,000 grant is being awarded to the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Development.
Illinois federal court to upload opinions for freeFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
There are now new ways to read thousands of Illinois court opinions for free. The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois is putting opinions online using the Federal Digital System.
Wis. high court to hear voter ID argumentsFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
The Wisconsin Supreme Court is set to hear arguments in a pair of lawsuits challenging the state’s voter photo identification law. The NAACP’s Milwaukee branch and the League of Women voters have challenged the law separate actions.
Jury convicts in Kenosha County homicide trialFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
A jury in Kenosha County has convicted a man of beating and strangling a 26-year-old woman and leaving her body in a Somers cemetery.
Fulton County crews search for missing boaterFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Rescue crews are expected to return to the Spoon River as they search for a man whose boat likely capsized in western Illinois flood waters.
Wisconsin mother sentenced for crash that killed her toddlerFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
A mother convicted in a traffic crash that killed her 2-year-old daughter has been sentenced in Bayfield County to prison time.
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- 5 reasons U.S. economy outpacing rest of world
- Fire damages Long Grove home
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service -Now Hiring Managers and Crew for a new McDonalds in Lake Zurich on 123 Quentin RD. Immediate Interviews on Monday and Thursday 9am-5pm at 653 Rand Rd in Lake Zurich. (id:4377366) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4378623) A/R BILLING & COLLECTIONS - Accounts Receivable -Elk Grove Contractor seeks talented individual to integrate into busy office environment & perform: Billing, A/R, Collections. Will work closely with Service & New Construction Dpts. Minimum related work history of 5 yrs a must. Req'd to possess strg computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Knowledge of Construction billing & AIA con-tracts preferable. The right candidate will establish their own workflow to meet demand- ing daily needs. Exc. pay/bene- fits. resume email@example.com (id:4377060)
- SR ART DIRECTOR - Senior Art Director Sr Art Director (Print, Display, Retail Design, Merchandising Design & Digital): With Copywriter, develop bold, strategic & award-winning creative print, display & digital advertising campaign components from concept to execution. Duties: generate creative concepts & develop advertising art across all shopper touchpoints, incl print/digital, retail messaging/merch; present concepts, refine/develop ideas; review through prod; mock up graphics w/verbal/email/sketch direction; lead/collaborate with photogs, retouching houses, etc.; attend/lead dvlpmt mtgs; manage schedules. Lead jr members of team. Chicago loop loc. Req's B.A. in Design, Communication Design or related & 2 yrs exp as ad agency Art Director on print & digital projects. Exp must incl a) designing Retail Marketing comms/messaging solutions, b) application of theory/practices of retail design, & c) Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Powerpoint, Keynote & Mac. College must have incl'd 2 courses in Typography & 1 course in Illustration or work exp must have incl'd 2 yrs in Typography & 1 yr in Illustration. Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4379055) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) JOB FAIR - In House Job Fair Hiring for: Residential Sales Representative In House Job Fair Wednesday, July 9th 6:00pm -8:00pm 1030 National Parkway Schaumburg, IL 60173 Interested applicants, apply via www.wowwway.com (id:4377233)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.