Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Prep Sports
Girls volleyball: Daul, Grayslake Central stand tall Oct 28, 2014 10:35 PM
Allie Daul nearly recorded a double-double in kills and blocks, as the 6-foot-2 junior led Grayslake Central’s volleyball team to a 21-25, 27-25, 25-20 upset of fifth-seeded Lakes in the Class 4A Grayslake Central regional semifinals Tuesday night. Daul’s 10 kills and 9 blocks propelled No. 12 Grayslake Central (22-15) into Thursday’s 6 p.m. final against No. 4 Glenbrook South.
Sullivan, Naperville North shock Naperville Central Oct 28, 2014 10:57 PM
Naperville North coach Jim Konrad has seen his share of fantastic goals over the years. On Tuesday he saw one that he called the “goal of the century.”
Palatine outlasts St. Viator Oct 28, 2014 11:30 PM
Tuesday’s second semifinal of the Class 4A Wheeling girls volleyball regional between No. 6-seeded Palatine and No. 11 St. Viator saw both teams notch impressive wins in the first two sets. When the third set started, the action was just as impressive. A terrific opening rally finally ended when Pirates’ junior defensive specialist Alexis Serna came up with a superb save on a Lions’ blast. The ball quickly sailed over the net and fell in an empty spot on the floor for the unconventional kill. Palatine went on to grab a 5-0 lead and never looked back in recording a 25-18, 19-25, 25-19 victory.
Boys soccer: Northwest roundup Oct 28, 2014 11:00 PM
Rolling Meadows 3, West Chicago 0: The Mustangs extended their postseason surge by shutting down the Wildcats in Class 3A sectional semifinal play Tuesday hosted by Bartlett. Rolling Meadows advances to meet No. 2 seed Lake Park in an 11:30 a.m. Saturday sectional championship matchup. The Lancers stayed alive by eliminating the top-seeded team, Glenbard West, 2-0 in Tuesday’s second matchup at Bartlett. Evanston 2, Leyden 1, OT: The firth-seeded Eagles took the top seeded Wildkits to extra time before falling short in Niles North sectional semifinal play.
St. Charles North tops Neuqua Valley in 3 Oct 28, 2014 11:01 PM
Even after a less-than-stellar game one performance by host Neuqua Valley, no one was surprised to see Tuesday’s regional semifinal go three games. The 25-11 Wildcats have played too well the last several weeks — including a 3-game win over these same St. Charles North Stars in last week’s UEC crossover battle — to let anyone walk over them. So sure enough, the Wildcats rebounded from an error-filled 25-17 setback in game one to even things up with a 25-23 thriller. But that’s when St. Charles North (27-9) picked up its game and its blocking and avenged last week’s loss by taking the decisive third set 25-15 to earn a shot at top-seeded Benet Academy in Thursday’s regional title game.
Hersey, Schaumburg win regional semis Oct 29, 2014 12:12 AM
Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball champion Hersey kicked off postseason play with a 25-16, 25-13 victory over No. 15 Glenbrook North in semifinals of the Class 4A Stevenson regional on Tuesday nigh, while MSL West champ Schaumburg advanced with a three-set victory over Resurrection at Niles West.
Boys soccer: Tuesday’s results Oct 29, 2014 12:34 AM
Here are high school boys soccer results from Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Girls volleyball: Tuesday’s results Oct 29, 2014 12:34 AM
Here are high school girls volleyball results from Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Girls volleyball: Larkin to face Loyola for regional title Oct 28, 2014 9:27 PM
Up by 11 points in Game 2, Larkin’s girls volleyball team was poised to take the victory away from higher seeded Northside College Prep. Eleven points after that the Royals finally got to celebrate that victory, reaching the regional finals with a 25-16, 25-21 win in one semifinal of the Class 4A Larkin regional Tuesday night.
Girls volleyball: Harvest, Westminster to meet for 1A crown Oct 28, 2014 9:56 PM
Harvest Christian and Westminster Christian took care of business Tuesday night and now Elgin’s two Class 1A girls volleyball teams, whose schools reside within a mile of each other, will travel to Deerfield Thursday for a regional championship.
Wheaton Academy shuts out Kaneland Oct 28, 2014 11:21 PM
Wheaton Academy forward Reid Culberson says the game of soccer is 80 percent skill, 20 percent luck. And every time you hit that post “that 20 percent’s lacking.” Maybe to other teams when they take 21 shots and nail a combination of 5 crossbars and posts, that luck has really run out. But for the top-seeded Warriors, may be there’s a little bit of extra on their side as those loud clanks of iron didn’t prevent Wheaton Academy from cruising to a 3-0 win in a Class 2A Hampshire sectional semifinal over No. 2 Kaneland Tuesday night.
Versatile Burlington C., Kaneland to meet for title Oct 28, 2014 10:53 PM
The girls volleyball teams from Kaneland and Burlington Central demonstrated a common trait in their respective semifinal wins at the Class 3A Hampshire regional Tuesday: versatility. In the first semifinal, Kaneland overcame a sluggish start to knock off St. Edward 25-21, 25-22. Burlington Central then defeated Genoa-Kingston 27-25, 25-14 in the second semifinal.
Poder’s goal helps Fremd past Libertyville Oct 28, 2014 9:49 PM
Ben Poder’s strike five minutes into the second half settled a tense sectional encounter Tuesday night at Palatine as No. 3 seed Fremd defeated No. 2 Libertyville 1-0 to advance into Friday’s final at Chic Anderson Stadium against upstart Highland Park, which beat Buffalo Grove earlier 2-1.
Geneva survives scare from Metea Valley Oct 28, 2014 10:05 PM
Geneva’s volleyball team walked a fine line Tuesday night. Two points away from having their season come to an abrupt halt, the fourth-seeded Vikings (29-7) fought off elimination by scoring the final 3 points to pull out a 23-25, 25-17, 25-23 Class 4A regional semifinal victory over 14th-seeded Metea Valley (18-13) in Geneva.
Girls volleyball: Dundee-Crown surprises Fremd; Cary-Grove wins Oct 28, 2014 10:10 PM
The Dundee-Crown Chargers refused to lose. In a hard-fought match that went 3 sets, the third-seeded Chargers upset second-seeded Fremd 26-24, 21-25, 28-26 Tuesday night in the semifinals of the Class 4A Cary-Grove girls volleyball regional. D-C (24-12), which had lost to Fremd 25-19, 25-13 at the Lake Park Invitational Saturday, will take on top-seeded Cary-Grove at 6 p.m. Thursday for the regional title. C-G defeated Lake Zurich 25-16, 25-16 in Tuesday’s first semifinal.
Prep football playoffs: Who’s up, who’s out, proposed changes Oct 29, 2014 8:52 AM
Still chewing over those playoff football pairings? So are we. So’s the entire state. It’s an interesting set of brackets the IHSA unveiled on Saturday. This week’s Eyes on Five does a little dissecting.
St. Charles East rallies past Wheaton Warrenville South Oct 28, 2014 10:47 PM
St. Charles East might not have wanted a wakeup call starting postseason play Tuesday night at the Class 4A Glenbard South regional, but Wheaton Warrenville South sure delivered one.
Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system Oct 28, 2014 3:27 PM
A total of 16 amendment proposals to current Illinois High School Association bylaws were received prior to the October 14 deadline from official representatives of IHSA member schools, the association announced Tuesday.
Lake Park shuts out Glenbard West Oct 28, 2014 10:23 PM
With Lake Park’s defensive record it’s unbeatable when it scores, and that trend continued against Glenbard West in the Class 3A Bartlett sectional semifinal at Streamwood.
Carmel keeps it going with win over Wheeling Oct 28, 2014 10:23 PM
Carmel’s girls volleyball team entered its first match of the postseason following one of its most impressive wins of the regular season. The Corsairs pulled off a three-set win at Libertyville last Friday night, winning the third set 28-26 after trailing 22-15. Even more impressive the Corsairs did it without Drake recruit Gracie Schofield, an outside hitter who had sprained her ankle the night before. Schofield was still out of the lineup when the No. 3 seeded Corsairs faced No. 14 Wheeling in the Wildcats’ Class 4A regional on Tuesday night. But the Corsairs were still winning. Led on attack by senior Morgan Meade’s 9 kills, Carmel posted a 25-18, 25-16 victory over the Wildcats (17-20) to advance to Thursday’s championship against No. 6. Palatine (22-13).
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Entrepreneur's Cafe event focuses on Mt. Prospect library
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- No more excuses
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- Short & Sweet guest critic, Christine Murphy, reviews Broadway in Chicago's Amazing Grace with host, Diana Martinez
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) KITCHEN HELP - Maintenance Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE WORKER - Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker -Arlington Hts, IL Duties: assembling equipment, delivery, pick-up and installation of office equipment to clients locally. Requirements: high school diploma and a valid driver's license. Good work ethic, clean driving record, mechanical aptitude, clean working conditions, ability to lift 75 lbs. Apply to email@example.com Toshiba Business Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer "M/F/D/V -EOE" (id:4389341) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.