Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Penick, Stephanie
Celebrate women both in the home and at work May 7, 2012 12:00 AM
Our Stephanie Penick says she's always surprised when women criticize other women for the choices they make about jobs and homes. With Mother's Day approaching, she says, we should learn to celebrate all their choices.
How local coffee drinkers can help Honduran farmers Apr 11, 2012 12:00 AM
Our Stephanie Penick learns how some great-tasting coffee and can actually help people in need in Honduras.
Why the battle against polio isn't over Mar 29, 2012 12:00 AM
Many of us grew up in a country where polio seems a distant unpleasant memory. But our Stephanie Penick and members of the Rotary Club of Naperville Sunrise know better.
Coming face to face with a Cyclops in the mirror Feb 14, 2012 12:00 AM
When our Stephanie Penick woke up the other morning she found her face swollen and one eye screwed shut. When she looked in the mirror a Cyclops seemed to be staring back. What in the name of Shel Silverstein was happening?
You never know what you'll find through geocaching Feb 3, 2012 12:00 AM
A casual conversation leads our Stephanie Penick on an exploration of the hobby of geocaching and on a trip down memory lane.
In our busy world, it's easy to miss an incredible January sunset Jan 23, 2012 12:00 AM
More and more, we're all called to pay attention. But do we? What do we miss? Our Stephanie Penick was lucky enough to take a break and catch a stunning sunset.
Tips to make your holiday giving more scam free Nov 26, 2011 12:00 AM
Our Stephanie Penick offers some tips for holiday giving -- and how to avoid being taken in the process.
For Stephanie Penick, a single picture brings back a thousand memories Nov 17, 2011 12:00 AM
A family photograph from Thanksgiving 1950 brings back countless memories for our Stephanie Penick, and provides a reminder for all of us about the importance of remembering family and friends.
Let’s reflects on numbers in the news Nov 11, 2011 12:00 AM
Did anybody else connect the news that $7 billion was spent on Halloween and the 7 billionth person in the world was born by the end of October 2011? Our Stephanie Penick notes that already November has been focused on numbers, too.
Handwritten letters on endangered species list Oct 18, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick remembers a time before handwritten letters were on the endangered species list. A recent trip to the post office, she says, may help explain why.
Readers put Penick’s ‘P’s in perspective Oct 11, 2011 12:00 AM
Our Stephanie Penick says she's pleased as punch about the feedback on her column about 'P' words.
P is for Penick — and plenty more Oct 4, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick says she's long been fascinated by things that start with the letter P. And with election season almost upon us, she says, it's time we all got prepared for politics.
Memories of a horrific morning Sep 8, 2011 12:00 AM
Our Stephanie Penick recalls where she was the morning of Sept. 11, and the devastation of learning that three friends from New York City were killed in the terrorist attacks.
Naperville scultpure offers lessons in recycling and the arts Aug 17, 2011 12:00 AM
The reinstallation of the Symbiotic Sojourn scultpure in downtown Naperville provides our Stephanie Penick with some lessons in both recycling and the arts.
Rotary well worth 90 minutes a week Jun 23, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick's first year in a Rotary Club featured guest speakers who'd climbed Mt. Everest, tracked polar bears and carried Olympic torches. She could only imagine what she would learn if she stuck with Rotary for a lifetime.
Visit to parents brings back memories Jun 3, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick reflects on reading, obesity and special days in her life.
Penick: Streaming web videos keep us informed May 10, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick says elected officials at all levels of local government should embrace transparency and consider making their meetings available on-demand.
Lessons in history, life found along Naperville’s Riverwalk Apr 20, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick finds there are plenty of lessons to learn during a stroll alopng Naperville's scenic Riverwalk.
Naperville Jaycees to honor top citizens Apr 5, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick reflects on her first 18 years in Naperville and on those the Naperville Jaycees plan to honor with their Distinguished Citizen of the Year awards.
Penick: Civics lessons key to our nation’s future Jan 25, 2011 12:00 AM
Stephanie Penick and actor Richard Dreyfuss don't agree on a lot politically, but they do have one area of common ground: the need to teach civics so Americans have a better idea of how to lead their country.
- Island Lake man pleads not guilty in fatal crash
- Moving picture: Schaumburg teen plays without legs
- The Capones' star dies at age 35
- Fire officer: Battalion chief’s performance a ‘nightmare’
- Schaumburg crash sends 8 to hospital
- On Republican ballot, Dillard for Illinois governor
- ECC soph nearly dies on basketball court
- Convicted sex offender faces new charges
- Four injured in Elgin crash
- 3 schools briefly locked down in Palatine
- ECC soph nearly dies on basketball court
- Moving picture: Schaumburg teen plays without legs
- Decades-old letters a gift from now-deceased wife
- Funeral set for Lake Zurich business owner
- Black Jack McDowell is back, and he has thoughts
- Services Saturday for Arlington Hts. first female police officer
- Northwest suburbs police blotter
- Lawsuit claims second victim of church volunteer
- ATM customer robbed in Arlington Heights
- Island Lake finance director fired
- TECHNICIANS - TECHNICIANS: Diesel Engine and Generator Field Service Inland Power Group is looking for skilled Technicians to work in our facility located in Carol Stream, IL. Diesel Technician The primary duties of this position are to trouble shoot and repair a variety of diesel-powered equipment. A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in diesel engine and/or truck chassis troubleshooting & repair is preferred. Candidates with post high school or other training/education in the diesel engine, chassis repair or related field with less than 2 years of experience are also encouraged to apply. You must have your own tools and be available for overtime as needed. Generator Field Service Technicians The primary duties of this position are to service and maintain diesel powered electrical generator systems located at our customer's facilities. We require a minimum of 3 years of experience with engine maintenance and AC/DC controls is preferred. Individuals who have a Technical School Diploma or Associates Degree in Electrical Generation Systems are also encouraged to apply. Demonstrated knowledge with: Automatic transfer switches, solid state and microprocessor controlled generators, diesel engine fire pumps and controllers, load bank testing, PLC's are considered a plus. Candidates must have own tools, be able to lift up to 100lbs, be available for overtime and weekend work as needed. This position requires overnight travel. Must possess a valid driver's license with a clear record. Company vehicle is provided. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. Our employees are represented by IAM Local 701. Submit resume along with salary requirements to or apply at: Inland Power Group 210 Alexandra Way Carol Stream, IL 60188 Attention: Human Resources Manager Female and Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4364796) RESERVATION AGENT - H&M Limo service seeks PT reservation agents. Must have communication & typing skills. Wkend & eves hrs. Apply at 1079 Rock Road Lane, E. Dundee. Call 847-428-4785 (id:4364935) FIELD INSPECTOR - Wauconda Township Assessor's Office is accepting resumes for a part-time Field Inspector position. Resumes will be accepted until the close of business Friday, February 14, 2014 at email@example.com Job Title: Field Inspector Department: Township Assessor's Office Classification: Part-time (Maximum 24 hours per week) Immediate Supervisor: Township Assessor Summary Inspection of residential, commercial, industrial, and other structures during construction, repair and alteration pursuant to the issue of building permits to ensure the gathering of accurate information to allow proper assessment of properties within Wauconda Township. This position requires the use of measuring tools and devices to collect data necessary to accomplish the field inspection. Use of a personal vehicle may be required with appropriate reimbursement. Qualifications Must possess good work habits, being able to work without intense supervision and have the physical ability to perform all duties. Ability to accurately measure and record data needed to establish a fair and uniform assessment of properties. The position requires abilities to effectively communicate with residents and business owners within the Township, working associates and supervisors. This position requires a valid Drivers License, a functional and reliable automobile along with personal vehicle insurance. Education and Experience A minimum of a high school diploma is required. Experience in construction, building trades or surveying. The position demands abilities to use measuring devices, digital cameras, and experience in automated data entry. Hours Not to exceed 24 hours per week, work hours to be determined by the Township Assessor. (id:4363867)
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Full time-Elk Grove Village. Some experience required. E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4364733) AUTO SALES - Auto SALES PEOPLE NEEDED for growing Ford store, need 3 sales people, training will be provided. Bi-lingual a plus but not req'd. We offer competitive pay plan. Start the year out right. Zimmerman Ford in St. Charles. Call 630-584-1800 (id:4364932) COLLECTOR TRAINEE - Part time Collector Trainee. Some experience is preferred. Earn Salary + commission and flexible hours. Needs to contact Paul Edwards at 630-594-5138 (id:4364782)
- PHLEBOTOMIST - Phlebotomist Searching for something more? ? Does this describe you: bilingual, live in the Dupage, IL or Bartlett, Carol Stream, Elgin, West Chicago, St. Charles, or Batavia IL, and can start working 3/03/14, professional and customer service focused; detail-oriented and outgoing; love to travel and meet new people; a go-getter that wants to make an impact on thousands of people each year by helping provide lifesaving blood products to patients in need? If you answered yes, join our team as a Phlebotomist today! The American Red Cross provides a thorough 12-week training program in which the ideal candidate will build upon related medical training and/or experience. Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary; a generous benefits package including almost 23 days of paid time off in the first year of employment; excellent opportunities for advancement; and even more important-an opportunity to make a difference! High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred. Excellent customer service skills, effective communication skills, and public relations skills are required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Variable schedule with travel throughout the territory required. To apply please visit our website: http://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com Reference Requisition (BIO39885) Looking for Bilingual Candidates Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Qualified females, minorities, disabled persons & veterans encouraged to apply (id:4364336) LOCAL CDL DRIVERS - Time Definite Services, Elgin IL is hiring local drivers to pull 53' refers. 2012 and newer Trucks and Trailers. Mid and Night shifts. Paid orientation. Apply online www.TimeDefinite.com or call Tammy or Danel at 352-399-7890 or 352-399-7902. (id:4364470) LEAD TEACHER - Education -Early childhood center in Glenview area seeks FT lead teacher. Fax resume 847-297-5478 (id:4364583)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.