Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Parker, Kathleen
Hillary and Jill went up the hill May 20, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: With The New York Times’ sudden dismissal of Executive Editor Jill Abramson and Karl Rove’s suggestion that Hillary Clinton might have brain damage, the curtain opened on a new theater in an old war.
Death unto others May 14, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: Rationally, there is no redeeming return on a death warrant. Instead, by condoning state executions, especially under such controlled, calculated circumstances, we are passively complicit in the taking of a defenseless life.
Ennui and self-loathing in This Town May 4, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: This is the time when Americans renew their hatred of Washington and Washington wallows in a bittersweet cocktail of self-love and self-loathing.
GOP: Choose wisely or reap the whirlwind Apr 27, 2014 1:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker:
Putin will continue dancing to his own tune Apr 22, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: The new “agreement” between Russia, the U.S. and our allies is exactly what the former KGB agent ordered. News: This isn’t to say it’s not a good “prospect” for ending tensions in Ukraine, as President Obama has said. But neither should it surprise anyone that Vladimir Putin is willing to step back from that country — not to ease economic sanctions but to satisfy his own designs.
Erasing the race card Apr 17, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: One approaches the race fray with trepidation, but here we go, tippy-toe. The race cards have been flying so fast and furious lately, one can hardly tell the kings from the queens.
Colbert an equal opportunity offender Apr 13, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: In selecting Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman as host of the “Late Show,” CBS has waged war on America’s heartland — or so proclaims that Palm Beach font of heartland mirth, Rush Limbaugh. Don’t you believe it, Heartlanders.
‘Un-American’ Kochs undeserving as targets Apr 6, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: Rush Limbaugh can relax. The popular “demon of the right” has been replaced at least through the midterms by the Koch brothers, Charles and David. Who? Exactly. Though cable and online news junkies know the names, the vast majority of Americans probably have no idea who the Kochs are. They’re about to find out.
Lighten up on the first lady Apr 1, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: The past couple of weeks have marked a turning point in American ugliness as the mob has turned its full fury on first lady Michelle Obama.
Dershowitz & Starr: A matter of principle Mar 27, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: When it comes to tackling complicated legal issues, one would be hard-pressed to conjure a less likely partnership than Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz and Baylor University President Ken Starr. Witnessing Dershowitz and Starr discuss and largely agree on religious liberty issues raised by the popularly known Hobby Lobby case was pleasantly jarring.
For the pope, it’s primarily about the soul Mar 25, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: This week’s meeting between Pope Francis and President Obama holds great promise in a time of turmoil, though not necessarily in the ways some may hope. In anticipation of the meeting, everyone seems to want a piece of the pope.
Being Vladimir Putin Mar 20, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: Although the recent rollout of sanctions on members of Vladimir Putin’s inner circle, viewed as weak, were followed by a Russian market rally, stronger sanctions could be more damaging. Then again, it may be that Putin doesn’t really care. His interest isn’t in today’s markets but in tomorrow’s empire.
Noah’s arc of triumph Mar 16, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: There’s nothing quite so helpful as a fatwa and threats of a Christian boycott to create buzz in advance of new movie. “Noah,” scheduled for its U.S. release on March 28, has become such a target.
New SAT don’t care ‘bout no fancy words Mar 12, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: When the going gets tough, well, why not just make the going easier? This seems to be the conclusion of the College Board, which administers the dreaded SAT college entrance exam. Recently announced “improvements” to the test are designed, say board officials, to better gauge what students actually study and learn in high school. Shouldn’t take too long. Thus, the new SAT will take less time and consist of multiple-choice questions as follows: (a) yes; (b) no; (c) maybe; (d) none of the above.
Once upon a moonbeam Mar 6, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: All things conservative are not always sane, needless to say. And liberals have moved the country forward in necessary ways. Balance is the key, and it would appear that Jerry Brown has found his center.
Obama’s best hope for change Mar 1, 2014 2:38 PM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: President Obama’s new outreach initiative to help at-risk boys of color — “My Brother’s Keeper” — is cause for cheer. It isn’t that we haven’t known for some time that minority boys are in trouble.
Make love, not war Feb 26, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: We’ve heard much about the Republican war on women. Exhaustingly. Lately, we’ve also heard about the war on men.
Republicans getting to yes Feb 20, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: In essence, Republicans destroyed the Democrats’ sharpest weapon and absconded with their slogan. No more the party of no, the GOP suddenly is the party of “Yes we can!”
Once upon a time-ish Feb 17, 2014 5:01 AM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: It is easy these days to imagine that one is living in a fairy tale, albeit a dreary one. In fairy tales, as in Washington, things are true that can’t possibly be — and what is not true can be defended by tilting the facts a certain way and catching the light just so.
Breaking: Woman charged as ruthless Feb 12, 2014 2:02 PM
Columnist Kathleen Parker: Here it is early 2014 — still almost three years away from a new presidency — but it’s high time to mention that Hillary Clinton was a “ruthless” first lady.
- Police on hunt for man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to murder in sister's fatal stabbing
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- 3 sent to hospital in Elgin crash
- Naperville woman files fedral suit against the city
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Amazon to collect Illinois sales tax starting Feb. 1
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- 'Food Court Wars' eatery closing in West Dundee
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Twin sisters man the chairs at East Dundee barber shop
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Activist wants Schaumburg to lead on reusable bags
- Scotch struts its milder side to appeal to bourbon crowd
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.